Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,294 comments
Picked up two documentaries and halfway through watching the Blue Note one at the moment.

47A6EA49-AA12-493B-83D0-343179F13A8D.jpeg
97CB7386-B0B0-444D-9668-DFE93616CF66.jpeg

I decided to get back to an old hobby of mine. Last time I did one of these I was like 12, so it's been a while. Crossing fingers that this goes well. This would technically be my first time doing one of these at a more "professional" level. I spent a lot of money just in tools. Still waiting for more paint, primer, thinner and glue. I can't wait to start working on this.

I'm watching a lot of tutorials on how to properly paint and assemble kits. I hope I do well!

20210320_142022.jpg

Took me a while to decide what car to go with. But after hours of browsing I found this absolute beauty! Yeah, it's not a muscle car, a super car or anything obviously cool, but I feel this has so much more charm for a model kit.

Decided to visit my local record shop for the first time since before the pandemic. Their inventory wasn't quite as large as I remembered, but I was still happy with what I could find.

20210320_174917.jpg

And for those wondering, since my phone's camera isn't the best (and I just realized the CD is upside-down :lol:), the CD is called "One of the Best Yet" by Gang Starr.

Last edited:
GR
After almost 35 hours of detailing work...

View attachment 998826

...my GR Yaris is ready for the road. :D
Good choice! Nice car. I test drove it and even though it is not for me I still like this road legal rally car.

You're a rather old member and this is the first time I heard of you on GTP.

Screenshot_20210319_112013.jpg

Got this bike. Was thinking about a road or touring bike but I won't be doing any touring any time soon, so went for an average, not too expensive, all round MTB. Should arrive in 2 weeks.

Also bought 4 pairs of pants and some black t-shirts in the only week stores opened here in Hamburg. The full lockdown is back into place.

Edit: bike model is the ST530 from Decathlon.

Last edited:
Some more Steam games.

Foxhole seems like a really interesting game.
f80e02b2-7f64-4ab7-b0d5-dbdc11106a0d.jpeg

header.jpg

My first playthrough of GTA IV on a PC. Gonna install some mods if I can.

b780ea_5dc6e111143d494582e7aaf3e8faf875~mv2.jpg

Teardown-Free-Download.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve been using that little 19” 720p TV on the left for years. My best friend’s landlord just got a new 4K smart TV, so they gave the old one to him. He didn’t need it so he gave it to me. It’s a Sony Bravia 40” 1080p. Yeah, not 4K, but still a huge improvement. I bought the table and the two monitor risers on the left to hold everything. My XB1 is hooked up to the big TV, and my PS3 is hooked up to the little TV. You can also see my two iPads and some ice cream to celebrate my good fortune. The little iPad is Bluetooth connected to a Google Home speaker for listening to music.

Last edited:
In fact, I have another CD coming sometime next week
Well I said this last week and sure enough it came, much sooner than expected too! :dopey:

Was going through my music recently and I eventually realized their were two versions of "Redneck Woman" by Gretchen Wilson and I didn't know which I had before or which one to go with. So I looked it up and saw this CD listed and noticed it had both of them on there and then I thought:
why-not-both.jpg

So I bought it and it arrived today. :D I thought it wouldn't be here until the end of the week, but it came!
IMG_0131.JPEG

IMG_0132.JPEG

IMG_0134.JPEG

Already listened to it and it's exactly what I wanted and I am glad to have both versions of the song. Eventually I am going to get the album it's from, but maybe for not a while. This ain't the last CD I am expecting though. :sly:

Last edited:
Second monitor. Now I can multitask. Yay.

27" MSI Gaming Monitor. 144hz, can't go into much more detail, because I'm not a computer person and don't understand all the fun stuff.

I'm enjoying it so far. It's the monitor pictured with the game pulled up. You'll also see a round oval glowing in the middle left of the picture. That would be my new Steelseries Headset. I also like it.

16165334523226492688715264869186.jpg

Last edited:
20210320_142022-jpg.998945

Took me a while to decide what car to go with. But after hours of browsing I found this absolute beauty! Yeah, it's not a muscle car, a super car or anything obviously cool, but I feel this has so much more charm for a model kit.
I absolutely approve! 👍

Picked this up a few minutes ago.
20210325_094202.jpg

Never been big on wheels, but since this is an old school DFGT for the PS2 (and I got it for a song) I just had to buy it. Needs an AC adapter though, but there's a few on ebay that aren't too expensive.

20210325_094241.jpg

Also splurged on a Game Boy player and an AGS-001 model GBA. Of course, they both needed to be Spice Orange to match the GameCube, both of them coming from Japan since the color was only offered there. I might get around to doing an IPS v.2 screen on the GBA since the original one kinda blows if you're not in just the right light, but that can wait a bit.

This ain't the last CD I am expecting though. :sly:
And I said this earlier and here it is! :dopey: It arrived yesterday, which surprised me because I didn't think it would get here until later this week or early next week. This one is a very interesting one to me.

For over a decade I have had a somewhat low quality mp3 of the radio edit to Jason Aldean's song "Hicktown" and since I have been pursuing replacing all my low quality mp3's with ones of much better sound quality, it was only natural I was wanting to do the same for it. Problem is, finding a decent rip of this particular track was proving rather difficult, but I eventually learned this CD had it and decided to look it up. Searched this CD by name on eBay and didn't find it, but go figure, I searched it on Google images and that was how I found the eBay listing! :lol:

Not only did it have exactly what I was looking for, but it also has 5 songs I ain't heard since my late childhood and early teen years (Mind you, I'm 27 now) along with a bunch I have never heard before and an interesting variation of a familiar song I have never heard of. All this, for a fairly low price. Truth be told, I did not intend to buy anymore CD's until sometime next month, but the moment I found this one, I could barely contain my excitement and decided to jump on it anyways. And here it is:
IMG_0135.JPEG

It's using a "different" kind of CD case much like that Nelly CD I posted earlier, but the CD is on the left side of the case instead of the right. :odd: The CD falls out a little too easy though since it don't hold it in the greatest, but maybe one of those plastic wraps will help with that.
IMG_0136.JPEG

I have listened to some of it already and to say I am satisfied would be an understatement, thrilled would be the word I'd use! :D It pleases immensely to be able to make a lossless rip of the radio edit to "Hicktown" by Jason Aldean, rediscover some songs I haven't heard in forever and of course be introduced to some I didn't even know existed.
idle1-gif.664404

The seller has a ton of these CD's on his page, two of which I am after. I would get them now, but I need to wait until I get more money before I do. Once I do though, I am going for them first thing! :mischievous:

Last edited:
More digital comics and some new RiffTrax shorts. I’m putting them behind a spoiler tag because one or two might be a little questionable.

Last edited:
I just bought and assembled this bookcase. I’m going to get at least a couple more.

EDIT: I forgot to show off these magnets I got from céli, an artist I follow on Twitter. They’re Dutch/Afro-Caribbean and their art is so darned cute. They were having a sale so I picked ten of these magnets. The photo is low quality, but these magnets are definitely high quality.

Last edited:
Coincidentally i just ordered literally the same model of headphones a few hours ago, only in the gunmetal color. :lol:
:D

Gunmetal's nice. I went with black as it was heavily discounted.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I'm enjoying mine. I'll be using them in four or five different scenarios (both wired and wirelessly) and, so far, I've been quite happy with the results of everything I've tried.

Care to elaborate? :mischievous:

There's a few options for pads:

Shure HPAEC840 (Leather)
Shure HPAEC940 (Velour)
Brainwavz ProStock (Micro Suede)

Or...you can look through the entire catalog of Brainwavz pads for the M-Series: https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/prostock-designed-for-ath-m-series-headphones

Cables are personal taste (as is any of this, of course) but you can start with something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N0XP2ES/?tag=gtplanet-20. As long as it has the locking mechanism you'll be fine, unless you want to remove it, use a male-to-female adapter and use whatever cable you want. :P

EDIT: Oh, hah! It just dawned on me those are Bluetooth. I honestly didn't know those existed. :lol:

Last edited:
TB
Does it count as a purchase if someone was looking to recycle some electronics, you intervene and take them instead? :P

View attachment 1000267

The item in question - a Bose Cinemate Speaker System. According to ebay, one is listed for $230. :eek:

Is that shelf under the TV from Ikea?

Back