show us your DFP cockpits!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ssibangse
  • 41 comments
  • 2,686 views
Messages
34
here's mine..
made from an ikea table ~ $20
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2363.jpg
    DSCN2363.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN2366.jpg
    DSCN2366.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCN2365.jpg
    DSCN2365.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN2367.jpg
    DSCN2367.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN2368.jpg
    DSCN2368.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 80
What are you playing on the screen? Oh and my setup isn't interesting it's just a wheel on a desk.
 
Nice setup ssibangse.

Ive been thinking of building one of these. The only prob would be that the wheel would have to be a universal one so I can use on all my systems. I wouldnt want to buy a specific wheel for each system, too much money.

I was thinking of using this chair. I saw it at a local Best Buy and it was very comfortable and light, the only problem is it rocks, but Im sure I could build a base that prevents it from rocking.

I want to build a simple not too expensive one, Ive seen some pretty crazy ones ha.
 
Welcome to GTPlanet.....that's GT4 Prologue you see there, I think the Tsukuba circuit?
 
H3RO
Nice setup ssibangse.

Ive been thinking of building one of these. The only prob would be that the wheel would have to be a universal one so I can use on all my systems. I wouldnt want to buy a specific wheel for each system, too much money.

I was thinking of using this chair. I saw it at a local Best Buy and it was very comfortable and light, the only problem is it rocks, but Im sure I could build a base that prevents it from rocking.

I want to build a simple not too expensive one, Ive seen some pretty crazy ones ha.
Yeah, I saw some kid rocking in one of those at best buy. Looks comfy.
 
Is that table stable side to side if you are really turning hard like in the Grand Canyon? I se eyour feet would steady it but do they do enough?

I used to use a TV table in front of me my legs under it to the pedals but it was way to un-stable. I'd end up picking the table up at times.

Now I use a deep chair and the lap attachment that came with the DF wheel. The wheel moves but it moves with me so it doesn't seem to bad, better than the table. It also doesn't mean that my wife and I have to stare at some ugly contraption in the living room.

Now idealy if we had another room I'd have one of those racing pods, the aluminum tube ones with the real racing seat, I've got a design in my head for one of those and a friend who is a welder and has the proper pipe benders, etc.

Someday, someday. Maybe once GT6 or 7 is out I'll have my GT room, hahaha.
 
TurboLevin2NV
Welcome to GTPlanet.....that's GT4 Prologue you see there, I think the Tsukuba circuit?
Thank You, I've been around.;)

How'd you get GT4P? I'm in California BTW.
 
I wouldn't chip my PS2, plus where would you get the CD?
 
I wouldn't chip my PS2, plus where would you get the CD?


lol download it, the whole point of getting a chip is so you dont buy games, but burn them or download them.
 
kensei
Is that table stable side to side if you are really turning hard like in the Grand Canyon? I se eyour feet would steady it but do they do enough?

I used to use a TV table in front of me my legs under it to the pedals but it was way to un-stable. I'd end up picking the table up at times.

Now I use a deep chair and the lap attachment that came with the DF wheel. The wheel moves but it moves with me so it doesn't seem to bad, better than the table. It also doesn't mean that my wife and I have to stare at some ugly contraption in the living room.

Now idealy if we had another room I'd have one of those racing pods, the aluminum tube ones with the real racing seat, I've got a design in my head for one of those and a friend who is a welder and has the proper pipe benders, etc.

Someday, someday. Maybe once GT6 or 7 is out I'll have my GT room, hahaha.


hahaha, yea i screwed in rubber extensions to the bottom of the table so the structure itself is very stable and grounded on the wooden floor. As for the wheel, the table structure provides good support (although its not 100% support as it would be on a desk) for heavy sudden motions. I'm planning to add some metal supports on the sides to give more rigidity to the structure. :)
 
Acceptable Use Policy
You will not use these forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities.
So the moderators don't get to you firt Veki.
 
Thank You, I've been around.;)

How'd you get GT4P? I'm in California BTW.

I got a FlipTop Kit w/ Swap Magic 3 and ordered my GT4P from lik-sang.com
with the flip top kit and SM3 you can play all NTSC region games... but doesnt seem to work for DVD9 games like GT3 Concept Geneva-Tokyo.. :grumpy:
 
agh noo not again! stop tortureing us poor "wheel clamped to desk" souls with your setups! anyhow heres some pics. excuse the mess and shoddy old webcam.

comp3.jpg


The driving seat. Logitech DFP (obviously :) ) and dell badged sony 21" trinitron monitor. does 1600x1200@85 without breaking a sweat, try that with a telly! looks crisp and sharp with your nose almost on the screen.

comp1.jpg


Creative Labs 5100. 5.1 digital audio, sounds fantastic... GT4 wont have this but hey! it does Pro Logic too!

comp2.jpg


The brains behind it, shuttle sn45g with an XP2500@2.4ghz, waiting for cold weather to turn the screw on it. also wireless network with a 100mbit ethernet socket ready for the PS2!

Well theres a lack of PS2 at the min, as i havent got a VGA adapter just yet... but should provide adequate for a bit of GT4'ing

comp4.jpg


one for good luck (t'other computer with 14"er in background)
 
lookin to get these.. ~$170
 

Attachments

  • gt_rgov06.jpg
    gt_rgov06.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 43
  • gt_rgov05.jpg
    gt_rgov05.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 104
  • gt_rgov01.jpg
    gt_rgov01.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 154
  • gt_rgov08.jpg
    gt_rgov08.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 54
  • gt_rgov09.jpg
    gt_rgov09.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 63
  • gt_rgov19.jpg
    gt_rgov19.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 45
  • gt_rgov24.jpg
    gt_rgov24.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 84
ssibangse
lookin to get these.. ~$170

Unfortanetly I do not have the room nor the money at the time to buy one of those.:(
 
ssibangse
lookin to get these.. ~$170

Wow thats pretty cool. I might consider getting one of those if infact it really is $170. Point me to the right website please ha. :sly:
 
For those of you who are even the least bit handy, you can make your own small stand, from scrap.

5 Dollar Wheel Stand

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
H3RO
Nice setup ssibangse.

Ive been thinking of building one of these. The only prob would be that the wheel would have to be a universal one so I can use on all my systems. I wouldnt want to buy a specific wheel for each system, too much money.

I was thinking of using this chair. I saw it at a local Best Buy and it was very comfortable and light, the only problem is it rocks, but Im sure I could build a base that prevents it from rocking.

I want to build a simple not too expensive one, Ive seen some pretty crazy ones ha.

That chair is great, I am using it with my setup and everyone really likes it.
 

Attachments

  • My Driving Simulator.jpg
    My Driving Simulator.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 133
Swillie
That chair is great, I am using it with my setup and everyone really likes it.

Hmm, I do think you just convinced me to buy the chair. So the rocking isnt a problem, it doesnt slightly rock back when you push on the pedals or anything?
 
IM000552.JPG


heres mine again. Ive done some more work on it so i should take a new pic. I really like that 170$ one tho.
 
ssibangse
here's mine..
made from an ikea table ~ $20

I've been searching their website all night and I can't find that freaking table. Do you remember what it's called?
 
Hajaz, that is a very nice entertainment set-up you got there. Out of what car did that chair come from? Man, thats just cool.
James-
 
here's my setup
 

Attachments

  • GTstp.jpg
    GTstp.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 132
Jspec
here's my setup
Holy cannolli! That's one heck of a projection TV... nice setup. Are you connecting the PS2 through RCA, S-Video or Composite? Sitting low in front of a projection TV gives the best bright/contrast/color ratio.
 
Just directly into the RPTV's A/V ports, however I dont get to use that setup often .. normally im using my 62cm trinitron but every now and then its good to take advantage of the big mofo!
 
Back