show us your DFP cockpits!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ssibangse
  • 41 comments
  • 2,686 views
Jspec
Just directly into the RPTV's A/V ports, however I dont get to use that setup often .. normally im using my 62cm trinitron but every now and then its good to take advantage of the big mofo!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
fporto_br
Are you connecting the PS2 through RCA, S-Video or Composite?

RCA and Composite is pretty much the same. And it sucks. I think you mean component, not composite.

Composite (yellow chinch cable) = 5 MHz for the whole video signal
SVideo = 5 MHz for Y + 5 MHz for C = 10 MHz for the whole video signal
YUV or YCbCr/YPbPr (I added a picture of this cable at the end of my posting) = 5 MHz for Y and 2 x 5 MHz for the color information (U=B-Y and V=R-Y)

Y = luminance component (the brightness)
U or Cb = chroma channel / U axis / blue component
V or Cr = chroma channel / V axis / red component

YUV cable for PS2:
http://www.rouven-rult.de/bilder/ps2yuv.jpg
http://www.rouven-rult.de/bilder/ps2yuv2.jpg
 
That´s mine

Available from ~330€, depending on the spec.
 

Attachments

  • GTS-01.jpg
    GTS-01.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 95
@bnommensen

Can you adjust the seat? You don´t live in Lower Saxony, do you? :-)
 
No, it is in NRW...but nearby...LS isn´t that far from me. (5 Minutes by car...)
Osnabrück is about half an hour away...

And yes, the seat is available with an adjustable frame.
The complete front is as well adjustable with a few screws.
 
ssibangse
lookin to get these.. ~$170

That doesn't appear to include the seat - only the unassemble aluminum. Still, seems like a fair purchase. But you'd have to find a seat that works with it. I'm sure they have recomendations, but they're going to be as expensive as the aluminum rig. So you're really looking at over $300, plus the wheel.

PS2 = $150
GT4 = $50
Wheel = $150
Seat = $150
Frame = $170

$670 to play a race car game?
 
H3RO
Hmm, I do think you just convinced me to buy the chair. So the rocking isnt a problem, it doesnt slightly rock back when you push on the pedals or anything?

Nope.....once you are leaning forward a bit to steer and press the pedals it really stays pretty much straight up with the back against you, I thought the same thing too before I tried it but works fine. Than you can lean back while you watch the replays. I was going to put a brace behind it but decided I didn't need too.
 
LoudMusic
That doesn't appear to include the seat - only the unassemble aluminum. Still, seems like a fair purchase. But you'd have to find a seat that works with it. I'm sure they have recomendations, but they're going to be as expensive as the aluminum rig. So you're really looking at over $300, plus the wheel.

PS2 = $150
GT4 = $50
Wheel = $150
Seat = $150
Frame = $170

$670 to play a race car game?

OK, I admit. For someone playing a racing game only by chance sometimes
that is in fact too much. But for me, who only owns all the GT Games plus
CMRR3, i had to have one.

And it is such a difference to play. You feel much much more involved.
 
Hey


i don´t know if it was posted before but i heard goo thinks about the www.playseats.nlThey cost 299 Euro.The only thing you have to do is to put a plate on the front end to stabalize it a bit more when i get mine i will post some pics with the mods.



DDW :)
 
king jame II
Hajaz, that is a very nice entertainment set-up you got there. Out of what car did that chair come from? Man, thats just cool.
James-


Got it from an old Honda prelude in a scrapyard. Its quite comfy too :)
 
I posted this in the Logitech DFP thread so here it is.

Man I am just dying to get GT4 and the DFP Wheel, so much so that I even took some time to take a picture of my "entertainment area" and draw a picture of the wheel using MS Paint.
 
Back