Silverstone Might be Coming to GT Sport This Month

PD loves to put races on the calendar to coincide with the F1 races

Silverstone GP is on the july 14th

We have manu races on the TBA track on the 10th and 17th
We have nations race on the TBA track on the 13th

1f914.png

Last edited:
So this is just an educated guess at the moment. But to repeat a single LOCATION (not layout) 4 times over doesn't sound right for an FIA Championship. I would love it if we got two tracks but that's a bit of stretch so maybe this prediction is correct.
Maybe we get more than one track, but only one new location.

Alsace 3&4, 4 as a new rally track (and maybe Alsace1&2, as it seems those two have been cut off sport mode since several updates)

I’d love to see Donnington and Oulton Park, even Road America, Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta or Lime Rock in Gran Turismo.
But Silverstone will still be a great addition. Although Silverstone can appear boring on the surface as it’s very flat it’s still got a lot going for it imo.

It’s a track with some good overtaking opportunities and if you get into a race where you closely match your opponent it can lend itself to some epic racing.

When you’re on the limit the track flows pretty nicely for 95% of the lap and has some really fast corners and heavy braking zones. It’s a hard track to master for sure.
It’s also a track that suits lots of car classes. The GP track is great for Formula cars and prototypes (group C anyone :cheers:) as well as the GT classes of gr3 and gr4.
And gr4 is also very well suited to the national & international layouts. So I hope we get them included if indeed we are going to see Silverstone come back to the franchise.
So, while Silverstone might not be everyone’s favourite it is a track that I can see getting lots of use.

...hope if it comes, we get all layouts... it is frustrating that we have real tracks, but not layouts...
i know what you mean but to be fair as long as we get the venue in general im pretty happy.

People actually like Cape Ring? :eek:
Yea why not:confused:

More like Silverstone might be returning this month.
For the love of god please do no start the argument i think you are going to

Laguna Seca would be a horror show in Sport mode.

Would rather have Road America but it feels like that would never happen.
The players are the single and biggest problem.

Silverstone is the most boring race track in the UK leave it to Codemasters and the boring F1 games Gran Turismo needs race tracks like Oulton Park Knockhill and Rockingham and don't forget Donington Park.

Rockingham has closed down and Knockhill would instantly become the track with the dirtiest racing in the game, BTCC there is a joke, everyone just cuts corners and smashes the other cars out of the way otherwise it'd just be a long train of cars going around with no overtaking, Sport mode would be like this. Whereas Silverstone will provide the opportunity for excellent racing and has layouts that will suit all classes. I certainly wouldn't mind the other two tracks but there is no way they will provide better racing than Silverstone and that is what matters most to me. :)

Rockingham has closed down and Knockhill would instantly become the track with the dirtiest racing in the game, BTCC there is a joke, everyone just cuts corners and smashes the other cars out of the way otherwise it'd just be a long train of cars going around with no overtaking, Sport mode would be like this. Whereas Silverstone will provide the opportunity for excellent racing and has layouts that will suit all classes. I certainly wouldn't mind the other two tracks but there is no way they will provide better racing than Silverstone and that is what matters most to me. :)

It doesn't matter if Rockingham is closed down and it would be great to keep closed down race tracks alive in the gaming world.

Yes I would love to see something like Brooklands recreated. How do you get the rights to that? From the local council or shire there?

I feel like there are many tracks in this world that are 'marquee' circuits... standards. Tracks that most games should have.

You dont have to like them but most people expect them there. Silverstone is one of them.

Its the alleged home of British motorsport, the home of Formula 1 (effectively) - like Laguna Seca and IMO, Watkins Glen.

Yes I would love to see something like Brooklands recreated. How do you get the rights to that? From the local council or shire there?

I feel like there are many tracks in this world that are 'marquee' circuits... standards. Tracks that most games should have.

You dont have to like them but most people expect them there. Silverstone is one of them.

Its the alleged home of British motorsport, the home of Formula 1 (effectively) - like Laguna Seca and IMO, Watkins Glen.

I don't think you have to get the rights for it unless somebody owns the rights to this day other than that I don't know maybe somebody else can answer this better than me.

I like to see old historical tracks, So if Silverstone is coming I hope they include the pervious layouts.

The original was awesome.

Silverstone_circuitmap_1950-51.jpg

Chees

Just when you think Silverstone couldn't get any duller...!

I am surprised its taken this long to come to the game, but I'm not disappointed.

There is another thing to keep in mind, After the 3rd round we have a bit of a break.
No FIA on June 19, June 22, June 26, June 29 and July 3.

Is that a bit odd in anyone books?

There is another thing to keep in mind, After the 3rd round we have a bit of a break.
No FIA on June 19, June 22, June 26, June 29 and July 3.

Is that a bit odd in anyone books?

Sounds odd in my books I don't know why and I would like to get the FIA out of gaming.

joinme.gif

Yes, there will be a World Tour event at Nürburgring at June 21st/22nd. I hope we'll see some new stuff there :)

I think we will see a few new cars and the new track (whatever it is) debuted at the Nurburgring event, with an update to release it into the game the following week (maybe Wednesday 26 June).

I also think this will be one of the three tracks that Tidgney has been fed info on a few weeks ago as being basically ready to release. He said that two were "not a surprise" (Silverstone plus one other at a guess), the third we wouldn't expect (so a new track to the game). And that was on top of Spa stuck in licensing "dispute" (I don't see that coming until a new game is released due to the high cost involved).

At a guess, they deliberately saved up a big new track for the Nurburgring event.

Two other comments:

1) We might well get a new Hamilton lap video with this (not necessarily straight away) if it is Silverstone. I would be amazed if we didn't to be honest.
2) Practically every event in GT League could make use of a variant, Stowe for classics and slower car events, the National, International and GP layouts for any formula car and any GR1/2/3/4 event, and for the Endurance events too.

In terms of gameplay, both offline and online, Silverstone would potentially add a lot to this game, if they make proper use of it, and if that is to be the track.

Fantastic track. A high speed circuit with plenty of technical challenges to keep it interesting. The maggotts, Becketts, Chapel complex is one of motor racing’s greatest corners up there with Eau Rouge/Radillon, the Corkscrew and Spoon. I’ve never understood why folks have an issue. Granted there are those that long for the older layouts but me personally I’m a big fan of all it’s iterations.

Admittedly the track scenery is a little dull but this is hands down a superb playground. Needs the faster classes to maximise enjoyment especially on the GP layout given its length, but overall I’ve always had some great races here. Stowe would be more suited to road cars I reckon.

As for GT Sports overall track roster, Silverstone and Spa for me where the most notable absentees. It’s a welcome addition and goes a long way to creating a greater sense of completion for this ongoing project.

Fingers crossed @Famine is right on this one because the logic is sound. Be gutted if it’s Motegi with my raised expectations but when additional contents comes free I’m not complaining.

I like to see old historical tracks, So if Silverstone is coming I hope they include the pervious layouts.

The original was awesome.

Silverstone_circuitmap_1950-51.jpg

Chees
That picture is wrong though... s/f and pits were between Woodcote and Copse.
But Silverstone coming to GTS seems like a pretty fair conclusion like the article suggests. Personally I would like to see the ‘old’ grand prix layout alongside the new one and a ‘50s/‘60s/‘70s version... but that’s unlikely to ever happen...

Whatever happened to Deep Forest Raceway showing up in this game. This game's lack of classic GT fantasy tracks is a major source of disconnect for me.

I’ll be very surprised if GT Sport’s lifespan expires without an appearance from any of the original tracks. My gut feeling is that we’ll get one of them and that the likeliest scenario would involve Deep Forest since Kaz confirmed in late 2017 that they had the track data running on GT Sport. There are some technical issues with it, but that came from an article that was posted here a year and a half ago.

We don’t know how close they are to actually implementing a finalized version of Deep Forest. But yeah, it’s still a bit frustrating that not a single one of these tracks has made an appearance. The original tracks are the most important to me.

I’ll be very surprised if GT Sport’s lifespan expires without an appearance from any of the original tracks. My gut feeling is that we’ll get one of them and that the likeliest scenario would involve Deep Forest since Kaz confirmed in late 2017 that they had the track data running on GT Sport. There are some technical issues with it, but that came from an article that was posted here a year and a half ago.

We don’t know how close they are to actually implementing a finalized version of Deep Forest. But yeah, it’s still a bit frustrating that not a single one of these tracks has made an appearance. The original tracks are the most important to me.

We have a feast of first class original tracks in this game. If you want classic, go classic and fire up an older console with a previous GT game.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a feast of first class original tracks in this game. If you want classic, go classic and fire up an older console with a previous GT game.

Alsace and St. Croix are not first class, they’re uninspiring and forgettable. Considering they are never in Sport Mode, even PD knows they suck.

I will concede that Dragon Trail is a fantastic original circuit. But the reason why Deep Forest and Trial Mountain are fan favorites is because they’re very well made circuits, both visually and technically. It has less to do with nostalgia, and asserting so is ridiculous.

Nope hardly first class orginal tracks. The problem with old consoles is each they become harder to use in this modern world with changing technology and we can't keep re-buying or fixing old consoles forever and no company wants to update them for modern consoles. So the only thing we can do is ask for the stuff to be put on new games.

Back