SimVibe (SimXperience)

• Thread starter the_greeze
  • 934 comments
You do highlight the main issue, to these being entry level tactile units with performance limitations and prone to limited volume/intensities when under high load. Yet they are affordable and punchy little things.

Dirt Rally
I havnt tried this title much tbh or tested much with it yet.

So your big bumps - small utilise 45Hz difference in woking range with a possible average @ 72Hz
What we dont know with individual titles is how the "dynamic generation" of the effects are in between the tone ranges. For instance does the title used have limited resolution for bump values? Eg only 2 sizes for sml/large or more stages of values in between? Very much likely Codemasters have fewer in their titles isnt it though.

Are you willing to try using 45 (big) and 75 (sml) with an average of 60Hz? Does it make it worse or better?

Did you ever try testing suspension or road bumps etc with reduced volume settings via CM to avoid your issue but then use the Advance via EM with the same effect and settings, only with more volume, so that they all worked together?

Curious, if you can better use your Advance to improve the overall sensation using it to work with the CM but add the extra power/delivery it offers more broadly rather than designate it to only limted role of 1-2 specific effects.

Wot you reckon?

edit
Just seen the piston flying part, that could be painful. :lol:

Last edited:
@Mr Latte
You have scared me wrt isolating the vibrations. I have good options to isolate in multiple places.. however that is taking me further from the primary objective of simplicity. Tricky....

I will be posting my entire build thread on ISRTV (not sure the etiquette for posting the same thing in multiple places - but happy to post here as well?) and will include anything I end up doing with tactile).

Also considering the comments by @HoiHman (thanks), the right answer for me is probably to significantly tone down the amount of tactile, or at least the really high impact parts of it.

That leaves me either with smaller Buttkickers, either mini or Advance (does the BK Advance also rattle the house?), or go with a combo of ADX's and avoid the piston altogether.

matt33w

@Mr Latte you really should try Dirt Rally, those big jumps would be awesome with your LFE's

I will give your settings a try, see if it improves and will report back later. Sadly i don't have time for testing the next couple of days.

I have tried mixing in the Advance with the chassis effects, but it doesn't feel great. Because of the greater power of the Advance i loose the directional feeling of the chassismode. You can really feel the difference between the advance kicking in from below or the mini LFE's from left and right rear.

The advance in my situation does what it does best: Kick in at max volume in EM either with vertical surges (Dirt Rally) or impacts only for other games.

Yesterday i also tried putting some spacers between the centerpart and end caps of the mini LFE. This certainly needs further investigation. It was a brief test using the control panel in SC4.

I set the volume of the amp at a level that the test tone would just cause the piston to bottom out. Than i took the mini LFE appart and added the spacers. Obviously because the piston now has more room to move it wasn't bottoming out at the same volume. I need to order some longer bolts first to do further testing. Adding spacers combined with a golf ball (as you suggested) or some high density foam could also be a great solution. I will report back on this later.

I also ordered a couple of mini pucks and will try adding them to the back panels of the GS-4 as tweeters for the mini lfe's (rpm EM). I don't expect them to really shake things up. I will be interesting to try this because the backpanels are isolated units and there's only a thin later of foam on them.

O0UwmIE.jpg

All the discussion is good but I hope the guys posting other stuff about their own cockpits from earlier dont feel pushed away or forgotten. Look forward to tests on the gamer units and peoples ongoing alterations or improvements they are looking to make to their own cockpits.

Can I just say my long ramblings are of bad habbit but would like to state again. As many things are being aimed at me to answer and by no means do I see myself as a "sense of authority" in such matters. Yet we all gather knowledge/information or experience from what we learn or have tried, although I do admit to spending quite some time over the last few years regards this subject, my own experiences, preferences or ideals may not be the same as others. Nor mean that I am always right with my views or recommendations.

The subject in general entails many factors and does require testing and comparing possible options to benefit the users own best or preffered immersion.

Will reply to above later guys, what I woud ask is if you Henk, be the first with a Mini LFE & Advance units lead the way and can do the "tone tests" in the other tactile thread as to what other guys have done with the "ADX" and present your scores for each.

Originally I thought it would be good if we can gather peoples own opinions/scores with different units to help others generate a general idea of how they handle different frequencies based on several actual users own tests and opinions.

We now have 3 for the ADX and all fairly showing similar findings as to what Hz that model seems to handle best. It would be good to get more but also scores for other models and kickers in comparison.

@grog would you consider also doing the tests with gamer and your own installation?

Last edited:
@Mr Latte
You have scared me wrt isolating the vibrations. I have good options to isolate in multiple places.. however that is taking me further from the primary objective of simplicity. Tricky....

I will be posting my entire build thread on ISRTV (not sure the etiquette for posting the same thing in multiple places - but happy to post here as well?) and will include anything I end up doing with tactile).

Also considering the comments by @HoiHman (thanks), the right answer for me is probably to significantly tone down the amount of tactile, or at least the really high impact parts of it.

That leaves me either with smaller Buttkickers, either mini or Advance (does the BK Advance also rattle the house?), or go with a combo of ADX's and avoid the piston altogether.

matt33w

I'd certainly be more than happy if you would share your build progress (here) as I rekcon others will agree. You can tell us later which forums you get more help on, lol.

One person as example comes to mind here @dedraro who had similar vibration concerns and problems. He applied a simple but multi layer solution as advised and seemed happy with it although he does use IIRC 50w units, see his nice build (post#60) and thread.

Indeed, smaller units may generate less power but even a mini lfe or Advance can still transmit strong or loud vibrations. I think you will find HoiHmans wife will agree and he already has some elements of isolation in his own build but clearly it is not sufficent at totally containing it. He has to also keep his rig mobile and in a restricted space which no doubt he will confirm and this perhaps makes a bulky base solution impractical for him.

This may be of help....
In my previous house and going back several years to my earlier days of using/testing tactile, using an Aura Pro, Mini lfe & Advance units. A Gamepod cockpit with single rubber isolators in an attic/room, average UK home, concrete house with wooden beams for flooring. My wife could hear the vibrations in livingroom and kitchen at volume levels I liked or enjoyed their sensation.

So I am well aware of what things were like then to how they are now with using what I have now in fullsize LFE etc. Even with current expensive T300 isolators and using rubber floor tiles as a solution. These are nowehere close to preventing all the vibrations from the fullsize LFE below this room or again in the living room.

I have more rubber than Michelin (hee hee), this will go into the next build but shows you what scary looks like :)
On a serious note, my tactile journey has have me test/compare a wide range of different isolator options.
1k7xlaq.jpg

Sorry for those that have seen before.....
This from 2012/2013 showing the size/scale of industrial spring to some isolators (still have not yet used the springs)

You will need isolation. Question is what you will need, that will depend on the units you use but perhaps talk with @dedaro on his experiences with his. My own of course is going to be extreme with (final build incorporating) 4x LFE and 5-6 TST units, these being used together with then even more in 4x subwoofers also creating their own vibrations/noise attached to the frame.

You could also seek out dododge on ISR forums as he built a rig with similar springs and I believe modifed it since his videos. While I like what he done from the creative perspective. Personally I think the idea is flawed myself, well I mean no offence but in the way he is using it, as many Simvibe vibratons are not tied in with just suspension movement it seems odd to me to convert all these into vertical motion. Therefore they in no way will represent proper or only accurate suspension. Additionally his motion seat attaced likely adds its own sway/motion into the frame on springs. Everyone to their own likes I guess.

The video below shows 6/7Hz as being represented in Simvibe but I would question what amplifiers really manage this properly as most only start from 20Hz. I believe gain or some audio filters can help extend the Hz and yes you can feel vibrations below 20hz but it may partly be amplifier distortion depending on the amplifer used and vary on different units regards what we feel with true sub harmonic Hz values.

This will give you a sense however of the energy a fullsize LFE can put out.

How about a sofa with no isolators and max volume?
I believe this gentleman to be deaf but he enjoys his tactile in movies.
Love his facial reaction

Some other members on the official forums have used LFE on a set of springs (saddle springs)
to genreate more physical vibration. Accuracy again may be questionable but could be fun regardless.

The right answer for you is, how far are you prepared to go and to spend. Bigger stronger tactile means it requres more advanced solutions. I cant speak for others but you will certainly be welcome to any help I can offer if you decide to do your own thread here.

Stay positive, like I said if Parts Express offer 45 days return, then you have the option to try 1 out with some pre prepared isolation options. Only testing will determine what is sufficent for what you need.

I am NOT trying to scare you or put you off but instead be realistic in what 1000-2000+ watts of vibrations is like.

@HoiHman here is one of the earliest tests I did with the Simvibe monitoring. The meters are not well calibrated in this but it shows frequencies "impacts" are using in "Dirt Rally". See what happens for each of the 4 CM channels and the lack of what seems true individual reactions for each wheel and no sense of bigger impact reactions for front or rear with such intentional crashes.

Some other effects better handle actual phycsical impacts to the car more than the "impact" effect does. It seems to depend on the sim as well, how certain effects are utilised or maybe operating. Not conclusive and needs more testing. I can however set settings to whatever you want and illustrate any effects you want.

Will reply to more specifics on your own post above later.

While not simvibe or indeed car/cockpit related, this is a very interesting and informative video. It covers various ways vibrations can be obtained from small rumble motors, big DC motors, subwoofers or tactile units and how they may operate. Keep in mind Hz refers to cycle per second.

Good vibrations to you all...
Rodney

Last edited:
I'd certainly be more than happy if you would share your build progress (here) as I rekcon others will agree. You can tell us later which forums you get more help on, lol.

One person as example comes to mind here @dedraro who had similar vibration concerns and problems. He applied a simple but multi layer solution as advised and seemed happy with it although he does use IIRC 50w units, see his nice build (post#60) and thread.

Indeed, smaller units may generate less power but even a mini lfe or Advance can still transmit strong or loud vibrations. I think you will find HoiHmans wife will agree and he already has some elements of isolation in his own build but clearly it is not sufficent at totally containing it. He has to also keep his rig mobile and in a restricted space which no doubt he will confirm and this perhaps makes a bulky base solution impractical for him.

This may be of help....
In my previous house and going back several years to my earlier days of using/testing tactile, using an Aura Pro, Mini lfe & Advance units. A Gamepod cockpit with single rubber isolators in an attic/room, average UK home, concrete house with wooden beams for flooring. My wife could hear the vibrations in livingroom and kitchen at volume levels I liked or enjoyed their sensation.

So I am well aware of what things were like then to how they are now with using what I have now in fullsize LFE etc. Even with current expensive T300 isolators and using rubber floor tiles as a solution. These are nowehere close to preventing all the vibrations from the fullsize LFE below this room or again in the living room.

I have more rubber than Michelin (hee hee), this will go into the next build but shows you what scary looks like :)
On a serious note, my tactile journey has have me test/compare a wide range of different isolator options.
1k7xlaq.jpg

Sorry for those that have seen before.....
This from 2012/2013 showing the size/scale of industrial spring to some isolators (still have not yet used the springs)

You will need isolation. Question is what you will need, that will depend on the units you use but perhaps talk with @dedaro on his experiences with his. My own of course is going to be extreme with (final build incorporating) 4x LFE and 5-6 TST units, these being used together with then even more in 4x subwoofers also creating their own vibrations/noise attached to the frame.

You could also seek out dododge on ISR forums as he built a rig with similar springs and I believe modifed it since his videos. While I like what he done from the creative perspective. Personally I think the idea is flawed myself, well I mean no offence but in the way he is using it, as many Simvibe vibratons are not tied in with just suspension movement it seems odd to me to convert all these into vertical motion. Therefore they in no way will represent proper or only accurate suspension. Additionally his motion seat attaced likely adds its own sway/motion into the frame on springs. Everyone to their own likes I guess.

The video below shows 6/7Hz as being represented in Simvibe but I would question what amplifiers really manage this properly as most only start from 20Hz. I believe gain or some audio filters can help extend the Hz and yes you can feel vibrations below 20hz but it may partly be amplifier distortion depending on the amplifer used and vary on different units regards what we feel with true sub harmonic Hz values.

This will give you a sense however of the energy a fullsize LFE can put out.

How about a sofa with no isolators and max volume?
I believe this gentleman to be deaf but he enjoys his tactile in movies.
Love his facial reaction

Some other members on the official forums have used LFE on a set of springs (saddle springs)
to genreate more physical vibration. Accuracy again may be questionable but could be fun regardless.

The right answer for you is, how far are you prepared to go and to spend. Bigger stronger tactile means it requres more advanced solutions. I cant speak for others but you will certainly be welcome to any help I can offer if you decide to do your own thread here.

Stay positive, like I said if Parts Express offer 45 days return, then you have the option to try 1 out with some pre prepared isolation options. Only testing will determine what is sufficent for what you need.

I am NOT trying to scare you or put you off but instead be realistic in what 1000-2000+ watts of vibrations is like.

@HoiHman here is one of the earliest tests I did with the Simvibe monitoring. The meters are not well calibrated in this but it shows frequencies "impacts" are using in "Dirt Rally". See what happens for each of the 4 CM channels and the lack of what seems true individual reactions for each wheel and no sense of bigger impact reactions for front or rear with such intentional crashes.

Some other effects better handle actual phycsical impacts to the car more than the "impact" effect does. It seems to depend on the sim as well, how certain effects are utilised or maybe operating. Not conclusive and needs more testing. I can however set settings to whatever you want and illustrate any effects you want.

Will reply to more specifics on your own post above later.

While not simvibe or indeed car/cockpit related, this is a very interesting and informative video. It covers various ways vibrations can be obtained from small rumble motors, big DC motors, subwoofers or tactile units and how they may operate. Keep in mind Hz refers to cycle per second.

Good vibrations to you all...
Rodney

In that first video, is he trying to achieve a sort of motion rig using LFE shakers? Or is all of that movement in the springs there solely for isolation?

4X Lfe's......lol ya cuz everyone want's to go out and blow 2k+ on shakers and have MUSH for brains after.

For the price he paid in LFE's alone, he could have had a real motion setup. :confused::banghead:

Well it creates motion regardless, I cant say if it was his main intention or not over say isolation purposes. However in his description for updated video he altered the spring positions to generate even more movement. I guess his rig he can do what he wants... :)

@Nick Moxley your right but....
Not everyone enjoys motion or moved around for long periods of time, or the noise aspects from many of the different options available. People I guess will spend whatever they want in areas of immersion/entertainment that suits them. A steering wheel these days can cost more than some motion too and it has a very limited usage other than one purpose.

I do know from personal usage of being able to utilise both Simvibe or Audio tactile is that I can get pretty amazing tactile immersion be it from a racing sims engine, kerbs, bumps.

Yet not be limited to that as I can enjoy awesome gunfire and very powerful feeling explosions in Battlefield 1 or other action games like GOW4 to bass levels that resemble an experience felt in the seat akin of a high end cinema. Lastly to also enjoy music/trailers/films with the tactile at the level desired as my rig acts just like an all purpose daily desktop is nice too.

A motion sim has limted usage with only PC sims and does nothing for many other games or entertainment. So yes you can spend quite a lot on it but it depends how you look at things and the interests/preferences of the user as to what may or not be best for them.

Last edited:
Search AVS or AVF forums for discussions on them.
From what I remember, owners commented they seemed less powerful than Buttkickers but more expensive.

Just responding to this as I said I would get back to you will share it here for others to either take something from it or just pass over....

@Mr Latte you really should try Dirt Rally, those big jumps would be awesome with your LFE's

I did some early tests but need to go back to this title. Do recall one of the Rallycross type tracks has a jump at the last part and it feels very strong when landing. Also this track (forget name) had various surfaces for different bump feelings and seemed good as an easy way to mess around with some effects/settings and do repeat laps.

I will give your settings a try, see if it improves and will report back later. Sadly i don't have time for testing the next couple of days.

I have tried mixing in the Advance with the chassis effects, but it doesn't feel great. Because of the greater power of the Advance i loose the directional feeling of the chassismode. You can really feel the difference between the advance kicking in from below or the mini LFE's from left and right rear.

I speak only from my own tests friend, not as some expert thats got all the answers or should not be challenged. What I would say is that it is possible to get a balance with each unit and still feel them independently but it may require a user to try various positions/placements on thier own cockpit build to discover what offers the best results regards channel seperation or detection.

Here is an example do take into account the power differences and in how I use dual units differently:
My power ratio difference between the bigger LFE and TST units with typical volumes could easily be 7:1 in wattage terms. If say comparing @ LFE 700w and the TST at about 100w. This ratio could be much greater as the LFE is only at about 1/2 its potential around that wattage level but is still really strong. Of course at times I may adjust the volumes for individual amps used but I can easily feel the difference in my seat with either turned off. So both are being felt and are identifiable in their own right. Yet when "either one" is not used, what it adds from its own tactile presence is easily felt as missing. I do not have an issue feeling the left units from the right, so even with (7:1) or greater power ratio difference my left LFE is not interferring to the extent I do not feel my right TST smaller unit.

Positioning is very important to the end result as is the structure of the build and yes I may of already highlighted that above to my own preferences for people to try regards stereo effects.

I did find (my own) best results with having the L/R units both on their appropriate sides as far apart from each other as possible while in close proximity to the seat. Also using a structural build that prevented each unit to mix into the other or a frame build that greatly reduces/minimises the potential for this to happen.

Your Current Setup?
From memory your L/R units are at the rear of your seat? Both on the same horizontal cross section?
If this is accurate? That to me (from my own testing/findings) is not ideal. You are not attempting to prevent the left/right directional effects from mixing together prior to what happens in the seat itself. They will of course mix in the seat but the importance (imo) is keeping them seperated/pure behorehand and that the left of the seat is only getting the left unit vibrations or the right of the seat is only getting the right unit felt as best possible.

Would for instance you get better L/R, if the units you have were attached to your side plates/uprights? It should give more direct and independant vibration felt ommitting from each side and both are much greatly separated or at least not on the same frame structure. Tactile will still flow where it can and through your frame but with the units mounted more directly to the side. We can ensure first point of contact/vibration is with where you want it and will not therefore be contaminated by another channel at that placement of the seat.

Simvibe suspension from a "left kerb" can have a reaction on the "right" hand unit also, yet it may be weaker than the "positional left kerb" being likely stonger on the left unit used. This may be also contribute to why you are losing directional placement. If both units are active at similar times but both are connected to the same structure/frame mixing their effects etc.

So you use the Advance mainly for a "hard hitting" set role with only 2 effects? Yet with your mini lfe and using a reduced number of effects on the CM, your still suffering from the mini units bottoming. That to me says your potentially not getting the best out of what you have. I did from the very beginning of this thread, when it was created several years ago question how a tactile unit could cope with so many effects (folks are welcome to check). You highlight the issue with the mini lfe but seem to limit the better performance unit you own.

You have on various occasions stood by the "less is more" opinion, placing detailing of effects over effects saturation and trying to avoid units themselves being overdrivin as best possible. I agree with your perspective of trying to avoid over-using a single shaker unit.

Do question if your configuratiion is being best used or if limiting such a good unit to only 2 effects is the best way to go about it? I know you have done plenty of your own testing but curious of hearing of your own findings.

BK Advance specific effects & role?
If I was to ask whats the difference or benefits in using "Vertical Surges" in a mono fashion on a single BK Advance unit to say using "Road bumps"? Surely you can set the Hz/volume to utilise what you want, I suppose for any effect (bar textures) for stronger such felt response via the BK Advance. So for instance why "Vertical Surges" was their a reason you went with this effect?

Impacts as an effect, what generally triggers "impacts" effects or how often are they used? Is the effect constant with all games? Again just curious as to why this effect gets specific boosting being used on the Advance unit to say others? My points for asking is to learn from your own testing and findings not to dismiss them as a bad choice or thing to do.

Entry level kicker, limted volume issue?
I would even go to say that while you would get less strength from say an ADX unit you could likely run more effects on the CM and avoiding any bottoming issues. I suppose people here using ADX units can tell you how many effects they may use or if that is a factor for them. Yet the additional energy from the mini lfe is nice to have over ADX or Aura Pro type units.

I do believe "some" single effect's from Simvibe operating by their own if using eg: 20-135Hz with enough volume could still cause a mini lfe unit to bottom. Go ahead and try it and let me know. This possibly is why, even with your restricted usage of effects on the CM you still get it happening. What causes the persistence of bottoming may increase by all means with additional effects and volumes used. The more operating strain on the unit with added effects, the more likely it may happen with even less volume.

Yet for example, does a unit fully loaded with all Simvibe's effects but kept at a low volume bottom? I would doubt it and as you expressed already volume is a main contributator.

One day someone will try to unravel this issue?
I query if the volume factor is limited to specific Hz and wattages combined that trigger the units to go beyond their thresholds? The magnets that power the piston to move, the force created by moving the piston when it is in motion is increasing the energy/speed. Is this exceeding the power of the magnets not able to reduce the direction of the piston quick enough within the casing. So the piston is going beyond their holding/stopping force (you discovered this with no lid) and it usually hits the lid?

If it were me and searching for understanding. I would go back to a single effect or test tone if you find one that can cause bottoming using 20-135Hz and keeping the volume the same. Then gradually restrict the Hz from the 20Hz up. I would be curious myself if you find a wattage/hz factor (eg 35Hz@ 90watt) for what the threshold is rather than a total used Hz range factor for the big/small values. For example using big 40Hz / sml 120hz = 80hz range values. So (eg a 80hz range with using 100w. Compared to a larger range with 100hz range but at reduced 80 watts) are these factors, do they matter?
What I would agree is, volume/wattage is possibly more of a factor to cause it than number of effects or range of freuencies being used at one time. Yet finding the factors that determine how a unit goes beyond its threshold, mmmm has anyone really reported on such tests or others and bothered to look into such?

Its not so much an issue with the full size LFE unit, not that it cant happen, it can but with the bigger units most should be able to run them well within their wattage abilities. This is the main issue with the smaller mini lfe units. People usually want to drive them pretty hard 100w etc. The paper specs for thier max wattage, are very much too high, regards thier usable wattage, particularly when using Simvibe. I even highlighted the specs on the box at one point used to be different than the sticker on the units, not sure if this is still the case.

Back to build/installation optomisation...
What I would say is, if you are a user that likes effects strong (high volumes) then more direct/closer proximity installation and with maintaining independence for stereo (if important for the users build) will certainly help. Not only can you get a stronger possible sensation but you also have the possibility to require less volume and reduce bottoming but still maintain a good felt exprience?

A seat with internal metal frame and using its seat runners is great way to distrubute the effects. Maybe thats one reason I feel so well the L/R. My previous Cobra bucket seat that like many peoples requires side mounts. To me direct side mounting/contact is where I'd place them. You can get even more efficency from the unit if it also can make contact with the underside of the seat tub. Just use some isolation materials or isolator that make contact and keep the L/R seperated, not as one board or metal frame section.

Do keep in mind even with using both CM/EM channel options

It's a different thing to use two tactile units with their
"own set effects roles or usages."

Compared to

ALL choosen effects being used on a single channel and
"their total range of frequencies being split over two different units."

Confused, err how do they differ?

Well one option has each unit use the full Big/Small Hz values set within the tones (Hz Range) for the effects being used on each channel. The other option is having each unit utilise only the set Hz you want that individual unit to operate with! One option has both the units doing much more in varitation of frequencies. The other option can have both units utilising only the desired or smaller Hz varations with less potential work load.

1. In doing so, you can utilise the Hz your unit operates well with.
  2. This way you optomise Hz to its own characteristics and peak performance abilities.
  3. A Kicker type unit with larger moving piston, performs best with low Hz
  4. A Transducer type unit can perform better with mid and higher Hz detailing
  5. If using inuke dsp amp you can further control cut/boost ANY individual Hz value in how it feels.
(For the record, personally I do this but also like having a dedicated "Engine" unit via EM)

For you to consider...
I cant remember if you bought an inuke dsp amp or can even do the below test?

Do the test-tone others have done for ADX and find what Hz you like best on the Mini lfe....
Use your Advance for 10hz-50Hz (no higher)
Use your Mini lfe for 50hz-100Hz +

Try both on say (Left Channel) compared to only a mini lfe on (Right Channel)

*Trying to use one BK Advance unit to operate for low HZ enchancement for both L/R may not be ideal but its upto you if you ever want to be bothered to do own comparisons of above to other options.

I only share what my own findings worked best for me friend having tried many such posibilities. My preferences may not be same to other peoples neither.

Yesterday i also tried putting some spacers between the centerpart and end caps of the mini LFE. This certainly needs further investigation. It was a brief test using the control panel in SC4.

I set the volume of the amp at a level that the test tone would just cause the piston to bottom out. Than i took the mini LFE appart and added the spacers. Obviously because the piston now has more room to move it wasn't bottoming out at the same volume. I need to order some longer bolts first to do further testing. Adding spacers combined with a golf ball (as you suggested) or some high density foam could also be a great solution. I will report back on this later.

Covered some of this above, I wouldnt be bothered that much looking into modifications as the increase/benefit found may be limited anyways. Would personally have more interests in your findings of what the thresholds are, or factors that are relevant.

I also ordered a couple of mini pucks and will try adding them to the back panels of the GS-4 as tweeters for the mini lfe's (rpm EM). I don't expect them to really shake things up. I will be interesting to try this because the backpanels are isolated units and there's only a thin later of foam on them.

I did do some testing with these in the past. Do think they have usable possibilities friend.
With audio tactile they were a bit too noisey when driven hard but if reducing their Hz range for a specifc or limited "usage" then yes if placed well within a users installation they perhaps could add additional detailing.

I have had "Triple Role" possibilities (like a tweeter) in mind. Allthough not sure of the benefits with bumps or textures yet. I did have in mind trying such as potential enchancement to an "Engine/Gear" only EM unit. Mainly to add a bit more excitment/clarity towards the high revs for an engine effect, like you describe yourself.

My own curiosity with such, however is wanting to compare using "Dayton Puc" to an "Exciter" unit and limiting of course the Hz ranges to use only what may offer a tactile sensation without too much noise/annoyance.

Wrapping up....
I would however like to see you take on a new build frame and try to better implement stereo and maintain better seperation. I can only again speak from my own position that for me much has been learned in the last few years (slow progress) with additional testing of configurations.
If you were using a Dual Role configuration for CM with Left/Right Mini lfe & BK Advance combos each side. Not only can you get better directional felt effects, you can bypass the mini lfe bottoming issue and ALL effects you use on the CM will benefit from the additional power of the Bk Advance not just 1 or 2 like you currently have.

The point is, two units cleverly combined to work as one, IS beneficial just as tying to maintain stereo separation in a build IS valid for improving direction L/R effects being felt. Such however does require using a crossover contol type device and duplicating CM channels but it can easily be done and shows performance benefits.

Such is worth considering perhaps if you seek improvements....

(I need a break)

Last edited:
I have pretty good directional feeling. The rear mini LFE's are directly mounted to the aluminium frame of the GS-4 seat. (see picture below)

8g7NC8y.jpg

I did some testing, the bottoming out of the mini LFE's is pure a volume related issue. In other words, i sometimes drive them too hard. :embarrassed: Offcourse with certain frequenties i can drive them harder, but with just a little bit less volume, everything is peachy.

I like your idea of having multiple tactile units per simvibe channel, but i'm limited because my rig is still not a permanent one and i only use 1 plug to power all 6 transducers on my rig. There's not enough space to add more. If there was, i would sure copy your idea because it's aweome.

When mixing the advance with the mini LFE's the advance often takes the upperhand. Vertical surges is for dirt rally only and for the hard landings. When landing from a jump the Advance in EM assists the 4 mini LFE in CM to really give the landings a good impact.

In other games the advance is used only for big impacts.

Why only one effect? Because the amp and EQ are both maxed out. Depending on the tone of the effect the Advance might bottom out, but this only happens occaisionally and is't a problem. When does hit, it hits hard. See my advance as the subwoofer of the mini LFE, but only for limited effects.

I have tried mixing the advance with the CM in the past, but because it's located in the middle under the seat, i'm losing the direction feeling of the CM.

One other thing which is important to understand is that mixing motion with tactile is a whole different ball game than tactile allone. When testing the CM only, i'm sometimes missing effects in slow corners, but when driving ingame with the GS-4 this doesn't get noticed at all because the GS-4 also moves.

I tried the mini pucks, but sadly enough i'm 2mm short on space at the back of the GS-4 panels. A real because i think they would have done a great job at that specific location.

@IRobot
I'd really like to hear back from yourself or anyone, if you ever tried isolating your seat to try and prevent it allowing tactile to flow down into the main frame.

I'm still using pieces cut from a washing machine anti-vibration mat to try and isolate the shakers on the seat with the main frame.

I had a thought maybe I could use springs instead ?
I would have to find some way of stopping the seat from moving in any direction other than up and down so it wouldn't be an easy thing to do.

DSC01957_zpspicep4wq.jpg

DSC01958_zpsjyqnrrqv.jpg

DSC01968_zpscgi59fqv.jpg

I have pretty good directional feeling. The rear mini LFE's are directly mounted to the aluminium frame of the GS-4 seat.

I did some testing, the bottoming out of the mini LFE's is pure a volume related issue. In other words, i sometimes drive them too hard. :embarrassed: Offcourse with certain frequenties i can drive them harder, but with just a little bit less volume, everything is peachy.

I like your idea of having multiple tactile units per simvibe channel, but i'm limited because my rig is still not a permanent one and i only use 1 plug to power all 6 transducers on my rig. There's not enough space to add more. If there was, i would sure copy your idea because it's aweome.

When mixing the advance with the mini LFE's the advance often takes the upperhand. Vertical surges is for dirt rally only and for the hard landings. When landing from a jump the Advance in EM assists the 4 mini LFE in CM to really give the landings a good impact.

In other games the advance is used only for big impacts.

Why only one effect? Because the amp and EQ are both maxed out. Depending on the tone of the effect the Advance might bottom out, but this only happens occaisionally and is't a problem. When does hit, it hits hard. See my advance as the subwoofer of the mini LFE, but only for limited effects.

I have tried mixing the advance with the CM in the past, but because it's located in the middle under the seat, i'm losing the direction feeling of the CM.

One other thing which is important to understand is that mixing motion with tactile is a whole different ball game than tactile allone. When testing the CM only, i'm sometimes missing effects in slow corners, but when driving ingame with the GS-4 this doesn't get noticed at all because the GS-4 also moves.

I tried the mini pucks, but sadly enough i'm 2mm short on space at the back of the GS-4 panels. A real because i think they would have done a great job at that specific location.

Thanks for reply and comments Henk. I see your side mini lfe better now and indeed you cant get them much more direct or closer. Maybe was an older build I was thinking of that you had two units low at the back almost beside each other. Was kinda hoping you were prepping for a revamp and you would of had more feedback on mini lfe tests. The BK user manual always recommends reducing volume and not the crossover so yes like you say it seems the main factor. Clearly, these units hit their limits or fall well below the supposed wattage specifications.

I am concerned, as that straw you have does not match the yellow colour of those wheel buttons or gloves. :)

I'm still using pieces cut from a washing machine anti-vibration mat to try and isolate the shakers on the seat with the main frame.

I had a thought maybe I could use springs instead ?
I would have to find some way of stopping the seat from moving in any direction other than up and down so it wouldn't be an easy thing to do.

DSC01968_zpscgi59fqv.jpg

Have seen that anti-vibration material you have applied, be good to get your feedback on how well that works.

Your gonna hate what I say but sharing what I would do in your own build.
Not wanting to appear as a smart ass, heck I've did the same in the past so this is why I offer something to consider.

A limiting factor I see is your 2 ADX side by side on the same metal plate. This likely will greatly diminish any L/R directional tactile. It could even contribute to either channel cancelling out the other to some extent. You also have front/back horizontal sections that connect the L/R seat supports directly in contact with the sparco supports so it lets the two units mix together even if the plate itself was cut in the middle.

I would go for two 80/20 rectangles (red/blue below) with their own plates/ADX and no horizontal cross sections, just the stable upright supports that you have with a cross section between the front rear on each side of those not between left and right. The seat itself should form enough cross section stability.

If it did need horizontal stability (see green line below) then you could add some lower down underneath your isolator supports. This way they are not being directly attached to the sparco side supports and the isolator is helping to reduce vibrations that could even cause any L/R leakage happening across the horizontal connection.

Underneath the actual seat you may have a bit of gap to the plates. Use the L/R plates with two wooden wedges or rubber to place under the seat making contact, to help transmit the L/R also from underneath not just the sparco sidemounts.

This worked quite good on my last tub seat.

Last edited:
I sort of tried that originally by putting a shaker on each seat mount and then trying to isolate the seat mount from the frame by putting some of that rubber material between the seat mount and frame:-

DSC01914_zpskvw7rjrk.jpg

You could feel left/right kerbs but some of the better effects in AC like "suspension textures" were mono so I found more benefit doing a front and back shaker arrangement.

Also tried direct to seat attachment:-

DSC01954_zpsutorvrj2.jpg

But the seat bottom isn't as rigid as a piece of 8mm steel and there were some strange resonance effects. I had to increase the volume a bit when the shakers were fitted to the steel flat bar but that's OK as I'm only at 50% volume on the iNuke 1000DSP. The quality of the vibes is better when mounted to something rigid.

Its good to see you trying different options, I applaud what your doing. The only way to find the best (for you) is by doing such. I am certain you sharing it will be of help to others as well.

Simvibe Effects Usage
I still have plenty to learn myself by no means an expert but have tried to get a good grasp on the software.

Any effects that are "mono" should of course operate on both sides compared to say "suspension bumps". For the most part while they are "adaptive in realtime" based on physics data, many of the effects will be very similar on left/right sides. Obviously this will generate a stonger impression over just a single unit producing a directional only effect.

The problem with CM, is that it does not make all effects operate in a stereo manner. For example "Road Bumps".
Generally you get what you'd have in a EM but more of it and I have to say personally I was a little disappointed to find (so far) that it seems mainly only "suspension effects" are properly directional over two channels. Then to find ah, many titles do not even support "suspension effects" either.

Just throwing ideas/possibilities around but it is worth noting within your Simvibe settings what effects you are using combined with "Suspension Bumps" and doing your own tests to see if certain combinations may mask how you feel the L/R "Suspension Bumps". It would be easy to have several other mono effects operating, configured as strong and bearing in mind it is often 2:1 in favour for the majority of mono effects to just "Suspension Bumps". Perhaps on a standard config it would be wise to try and make "Suspension Bumps" have additional strengh or utilise sml/big Hz tone generation values that other effects do not use to help make this effect feel unique or to help balance the 2:1 ratio. Aditionally perhaps reducing the sensitivity setting (cycle of activity) for some of the mono effects.

I could easily go into much more detail but really I question why people do not start a "Game X Simvibe Discussion"
To work together to attain good settings and to share them or at least to see if specific settings tend to suits specific models of units in general.

From what I see with the monitoring "suspension bumps" can have total seperation to either side but often (depends on the physics data) a left kerb will transmit an effect to the right suspension. This may be speed related or depending on the kerb or other data. I can highlight this in video if required but put it down to the adaptive nature in how effects work depending on the varibles.

One thing I personally did not like so much was if travelling at 30mph a small bump could feel the same if travelling at higher speed. It is possible of course to apply a speed based filter that will remedy this to give lower strength at slow speeds. Yet much I feel of Simvibe is personal preference too and how it seems some settings or effects may be presented differently better/worse depending on the user and on different types of tactile/kickers.

You have mentioned "textures" and its weird as these via TST models (producing sound too) have a very morse code cryptic type sensation to them. . . I believe Berney himself said textures use "raw data" so perhaps why they may be more coarse. While they do not offer "user tone generation" They certainly can however use low end frequencies and certainly are not just for finer detail or higher frequencies. Something I once wrongly assumed from reading what others in the past had said, nor are they only for set surfaces or on/off track events. With the monitoring I can see exactly what Hz they use in realtime and if desired study them in more detail to see how settings may alter them. Generally though these are the least configurable effects and I believe some people do not even use them at all?

Worth Noting:
If a user wants the best stereo directionality then what I recommended may be of benefit. I have no problems someone saying, tried that and it wasnt much better. Somone else could build near identical yet think its good. Much of it I do feel is down to the user.

Do feel you have to take into account how many effects you are using in tests and the settings they may have over mainly "suspension bumps" generally offering stereo. I certainly would say the results obtained are NOT just down to the physical implentation/installation of the tactile units themselves.

Would like to see you continue and you have a rig build that many would like to perhaps see how your jouurney goes. This thread has come to life recently, I dislike having so many of my own posts in succession but that comes from enjoying chatting about the topic in general. Hope you consider your own thread as well as its nice to see more of that on the forums.

All the best...

Last edited:
@IRobot

Looked at your build again.
I think actually you wouldnt even need to bother with rectangle type frames.

This previous image in how you used the connections direct to the sparco frames but with the new isolation you have would be improvement. What if removing the (yellow) sections below and having (green) for horizontal support if desired below the isolation and (red) front-back supports for the L/R.

I've used 4cm angle brackets everywhere on this rig but an 8cm bracket under the Sparco seat mounts instead of the yellow profile pieces could work.

Simvibe

The first time I tried "Suspension Textures" I found it too "noisy" and annoying.

Adjusting the "Max Volume" slider which I think reduces the spikiness and makes the effect less peaky helped. Cutting the max frequency to 60Hz also made this effect feel much better.

I think "Suspension Textures" works best as a "background" effect. One that doesn't draw attention to itself and is more of a "road rumble" effect.

Then you can use "Suspension Bumps" as your main big bump effect. When I was testing "Suspension Bumps", I liked the kerb effect when "Big Bump Tone" was set to 90Hz ("Small Bump Tone" makes no sound in AC unfortunately).

Yeah the bigger brackets would be a good option, I really think you could enhance your stereo effects if messing around with a few configs to gradually try to make improvements.

Simvibe Textures
Let me explain my own issue, it's not so much a problem getting decent feeling tactile from texture effects but on the Clark TST models I use they tend to produce an audible sound that certain settings and sensitivity can be annoying. They seem to be gritty/rough and different to tone based effects.

The reason for this with Clark units is because they can produce a much larger frequency range than other tactile models, upto 800hz with this particular model I use. It is better for music and other applications than for Simvibe in this example. Your own ADX go up to around 100hz if we were to compare just paper specs.

On my own current config, my Clark TST models are being powered by an AV Reciever via Multichannel so I am not using a crossover control with this amp to limit their highest Hz. I want eventually, to have inuke dsp amps for all my tactile so this is one thing then I can control.

Due to Textures having no tone controls then we can't determine the frequencies they output and really without actually monitoring them like I have attempted to do people won't have a clue what frequencies they are actually using.

Let me bring some understanding to....... "background" effect. :)

I can tell you with a quick and easy test "Suspension Textures" were using from 10Hz to well above 200Hz. Although the bulk of their energy was below 100 or so and this with them most active with 1000 Signal Conditioning setting. They will not be as strong perhaps as other effects so yes they could be used to add "character" if thats what some people mean by "background" to the tone based equivalents.

So you see I dont struggle to get to grips with these effects but the higher frequencies they can generate in way they are is what can create the weird/annoying sound in my own config with their gritty/garble "raw data" going beyond 200Hz and becoming more audible.

---------------------------

Simvibe Suspension & Bumps
Point to highlight, the default "Suspension Bumps" settings are:
Small Tone 95Hz & Big Tone 60Hz

Notice the Big Tone value is lower than the Small Tone value.
The reason for this is that lower tones can feel much stronger, which anyone doing an audio frequency test will discover. Default settings, in this example certainly will not produce the best sensation but I would say they perhaps do help to avoid the piston bottoming issue the Mini based models suffer with.

Henk is saying the piston issue to him is volume related but others in past have shown it can be frequency related with volume, so I think it's still a grey area. I don't see limiting a mini lfe type unit to use only 70-100hz making it bottom with high volume but I do think its more likely with say 10-40hz and high volume. Nobodys really covered this in enough depth I feel.

The (Simvibe default settings) is one reason I do not rely on using its "Auto Tune" and prefer manual tweaking. I would assume it is in SimX interest to achieve a suitable working configuration for people and this includes their own cockpits and Buttkickers as first priority. Nothing wrong with that neither but it is not potentially the best option for myself or others seeking optimal performance espically with more advanced models with much more potential energy/power.

Unofficial Guide
This was created and posted on ISR forums. I noticed long ago during research it too had the opposite of default with Big/Sml values, like your doing. Not criticising the good work the guy did with this guide, it was very helpful and espically it appearing not long after the initial release. Although it also had other mentioned factors which I found to be different to my own conclusions/testing. In fairness the guy clearly labeled things as what he assumed at the time but was not 100% certain of.

----------------------------

("Small Bump Tone" makes no sound in AC unfortunately).

Works for me no problems, worth looking into if its an issue with certain car/track or your own settings?

TEST
I did a test monitoring Sml bumps and then Big bumps.
Try this to replicate what I did but hope its of some help.

Imola Ferrari 458 / Practice
Goto this part of track, keep going over and over and over the big bumps at this corner repeatedly, turn the car around. Do a few times with each of the below settings.

Testing Front Suspension

Disable all other effects...
Set a new Suspension Effect, include both compression/decompression
Big = @ 40 or 45 (will feel strong)
Sml = @ 80 or 90 (will feel weaker)

Keep values the same DO NOT alter them.

Dynamic Tone Sensitivity
Set to 100% Full Left = What happens
Set to 0% Full Right = What Happens
Set to 50% = What Happens

The difference with the above Big Sml values should be instantly clear as to what DTS does.
People on the official forums have complained they struggle to get a difference in kerbs having the variation of big/small bump sensations.

The values used and the range between them will be a factor
The Dyanamic setting will determine the effect to be more one way or the other

This one setting can have a BIG difference in how your kerbs will feel.
Use it to help generate a more distinctive effect compared to the other mono ones you use.

It certainly works on my own anyways.
I await what you guys find...

Last edited:
I found what I was doing wrong with the "small bump tone". I thought it was independent of the "big bump tone" so I was testing it by switching off the "big bump tone" and when I got no vibes, I thought it wasn't functional in AC.

They work together and the "Dynamic Tone Sensitivity" slider makes the "small bump tone" frequency more prominent if it's more to the left (100%) and the "big bump tone" frequency more prominent if it's more to the right (0%).

So at the moment, with the two ADX units attached close together on the steel flat bar, I have them configured like this:-

ADX #1
Amp Channel B
Amp Cut Off - 50Hz
Amp Volume - 50%
SimVibe effect - Road Texture ("suspension texture" works on kerbs, "road texture" doesn't)

I like this effect best because it gives a deep but quiet rumble from the road surface. Using a 50Hz cut off gets rid of any noise from the higher frequencies in this effect. It works great as your background effect.

ADX #2
Amp Channel A
Amp Cut Off - 80Hz
Amp Volume - 70%
SimVibe effect - Front Suspension Bumps (Big Bump Tone - 50Hz, Small Bump Tone - 80Hz, DTS - 50%)

This is for the kerbs and big road bumps and I'm still experimenting with this one. I used an 80Hz cut off because I don't want my shakers to use frequencies where they start making a sound. I'd rather feel the vibes and not hear any noise. The 50-80Hz range is much weaker on the ADX so I have to use a higher volume on the amp. I don't know if any of the ButtKickers would work better in this frequency range ?

Okay thanks for clarifying.
I wasn't certain at the time but thought by letting you play around with DTS it might have been the issue.

If a track has implemented features that represent big and small bumps then it would be important to ensure you are using the appropriate Hz values. I still need to spend more time researching it myself and also to look further into compression & decompression. To evaluate if by setting them independently with individual layers and settings to see if it brings any benefits or not.

My own approach is this....
One of the benefits of the bigger Buttkickers is you get much more Hz to play around with for the lower end frequencies. For example, a user can have Big Hz values @ 10hz + and Small @ 50hz for a specific effect to feel REALLY strong. I find this a good option to enhance the stereo L/R for my suspension bumps compared to other mono effects. To easier explain, if desired I can set only the stereo-based effect to use frequencies that the other mono effects won't be given so it will always have a unique vibration character to others.

Bigger Buttkickers
You are saying, you will likely use, like many owners of entry-level or mid-range units. Frequencies that start to perform well @40Hz up to @80Hz. You then only have a good 40Hz of range to use for main felt bumps.

For example, in my configuration, I can benefit with nearly twice that with much more power in the lower range too. Even my small bumps are possibly stronger than what such lower end units produce with their big bumps. This is one of the main benefits from the full-size LFE.

It also gives more workable range to fit in other effects with their own used frequencies and give them a greater chance of having an individual character or felt sensations. The aim to avoiding a bunch of effects combining into tactile mush, that diminishes the overal immersion rather than benefiting it.

That's a hard thing to do, if using only @40Hz range with multiple effects wouldn't you agree? So the point with the bigger LFE is not just about it having more wattage capability, it increases the usable range too which many people do not take into account.

With this then, other bump effects etc can be set to better use different frequencies regards their Big/Sml values and the DTS setting. I look at it based on personal preference to which effect should have priority of the better Hz frequencies over others as they will produce the best sensations over others that may offer less immersion or enjoyment.

I have to admit, a majority of my own testing thus far is with Assetto Corsa, so cannot say all titles use effects the same way or feel very different. I have stuck to the same car and track for consistency between testing different effects but have a pile of notes based on over 120 hours testing this title but still have much more to do.

Road Texture TEST

These do work on kerbs... :)

Looks familiar perhaps but this is a good curb to do for testing.

Also the first corner at Imola is similar.

• The green sections do nothing in Simvibe, have no data
  • Red/White curbs generate an effect, some tracks curbs may be smooth others rough.
  • Raised black bumps produce a bigger/stronger effect even with textures (Try these with Vertical Textures)

This is why I believe some track elements or surfaces have data values to initiate big/sml settings. Keep in mind however effects always operate in a dynamic fashion regards the many variables that likely determine what Hz they will output within the tone generation values a user has enabled for each and any effect.

Did you Know?
Road Texture can even operate at zero speed, turn your steering (especially with high sensitivity value)
Like some other effects, some Textures (Suspension) can operate at speed with steering input not just by a response to a surface or track element.

Even with Textures, similar to "Suspension Bumps" there is an on/off effect for some surfaces/bumps. Noticeable at edge of track or first initial contact with some curb surfaces

There are many things still to discover my friend and to have better knowledge of how the software can be understood or configured.

(Edit added to Buttkicker heading)

Last edited:
@HoiHman

If you get a chance let me know what settings you are using with Assetto Corsa for your Advance unit.
Know you mentioned you use it via EM for "Impacts" and "Vertical Surges" in Dirt Rally

Been tuning my LFE and I discovered something a bit odd with Assetto Corsa and curious with your own tuning how you are implementing your more powerful unit with this title?

I will look into Dirt Rally soon

Last edited:
Have been considering the following thread but tbh I am interested in having others to help contribute with their own testing and feedback. Both those using CM or EM configurations regardless of what tactile/shakers you own. This is all part of a greater study/guide and it would be good to clarify findings with others or have controlled breakdown of each single effect.

Last edited:
@HoiHman

If you get a chance let me know what settings you are using with Assetto Corsa for your Advance unit.
Know you mentioned you use it via EM for "Impacts" and "Vertical Surges" in Dirt Rally

Been tuning my LFE and I discovered something a bit odd with Assetto Corsa and curious with your own tuning how you are implementing your more powerful unit with this title?

I will look into Dirt Rally soon

hebergement d image

So here is some testing with your settings and response to highlight the activity your Advance unit may be getting with this effect. Does this effect have a bug, is it the car, track or other factor?

Please see youtube description for full info on this test. It will also give an idea on how the monitoring tools are being used. I have the latest version installed but curious if you or others are having the same result regards the activity of this effect?

I set my settings as close to yours as possible.
Tested both CM & EM the only difference in settings is the "Data Smoothing" option added to this effect for EM that as you likely know is not available on CM.

Disregard signal below -12dB these are showing frequencies as far down as -120dB which is basically noise from the sound-card.

UPDATE 3
Right guys, so I spent approx 9 hours today evaluating this single effect and trying to discover the issue found above.
  • Sensitivity
  • Dynamic Tone Sensitivity
  • False Clue Elimination
These are all linked with this effect. A minor adjustment with one can make a difference to the overall workings. A good setting is a balance of all 3. So changing the value of one for me required addressing the value of the others.

The values of these will determine if you do, or do not feel curbs from producing a response while contact with walls seem to operate regardless.

The other issue is if some settings are too high then "steering input" strength from the effect can be overbearing.

This is what I found worked well for me and produces very strong punch. My advice is to keep the Big/Sml values for this effect not that different. The reason is this effect works well for quick punch reaction and there are other effects that can bring better detailing from curbs.

Those on smaller units if you want to try, then possibly best to keep same settings but change only the Tone values.
Possibly Big 30 & Sml 40

Testing Continues:
I've noticed trying to do the same with my rear seat mounted EM that it requires different settings. Seems this effect at least is not for me playing nice at all.

On my EM unit it requires @ 92% Sensitivity to feel the response from the "steering input" which I felt in my CM @80%+. Taking the Sensitivity to 95% seems to add a bit more substance to curbs. Using the much higher Sensitivity I am then applying more False Clue Elimination.

The differences in CM/EM is a bit weird though, anyone else get the same issue?

My attempt with IMPACTS via EM

Summary
Not sure about this effect being that good with this title. I have tried to tune it to suit my own configuration. Some other effects generate a response from hitting the walls etc and other effects seem capable of delivering more detail or still as strong an effect from the curbs.

Not sure how you guys may rate it? I don't want it to take away from the directional suspension bumps and I feel if I have this set quite strong that could happen.

Clark Transducer Yes / Buttkicker LFE no
I hope someone would later clarify, if you have a ADX transducer or mini lfe. Please let me know as I can feel the curb detail in the Clark TST with settings above with either CM & EM but I cannot feel effects from the curbs on my Buttkicker LFE when I use it alone. I have disabled all dsp settings on the inuke that powers my LFE units as well. This effect is doing my head in.... :)

@HoiHman I tried your above settings with my EM but again found no feedback from the curbs and only really a response from the walls (even with my Clark). This effect tends to have a distorted/crackle noticeable on the Clark units with some settings applied. Yeah it can feel darn strong with walls on my LFE but really that's all it seems useful for currently in this Sim and some other effects also operate with walls anyways. It is crazy strong with walls on my LFE when I boost the Simvibe output usage of 20Hz via my PEQ or DEQ features on the inuke.

Compared To
Vertical Surges, these feel not bad with walls but do have MUCH greater detailing on curbs than this effect. Compare if you want to do some messing around.

Use your own volume levels etc but found this felt good on my seat/back EM Clark TST 329

*Edit / additional stuff added.

Last edited:
Up to 5am this morning playing around and monitoring the rather excellent "new engine effects". Mr Villers has indeed taken onboard some criticisim and delivered. Engines are vastly superior now...

Last edited:
Yeah I seen that in the notes Henk,

EDIT:
I got LINE IN to work to mix "Game Audio" with tSimvibe running but Simvibe itself is not properly using this feature yet.

Last edited:
My understanding of Simvibe effects and settings almost complete :)

@HoiHman here is the answer to your question from the PM conversation.

This shows CM & EM with different effects operating in real-time.
Front Suspension Vs Suspension Bump Surges Vs Road Bumps

Which is the best for "tarmac/surface" detailing ?

Read description for more to know which are which.
I discovered, to get perfected stereo with suspension (AC) requires fairly specific sensitivity settings.
This video also highlights no signs of L/R channel leakage for the front suspension.

Can anyone help perhaps?
Owners of Aura Pro , ADX , Bass Pump or Dayton Puc, your feedback is required regards work towards a new unofficial guide.

Last edited:
Back