Skyline Gtr attesa ets system

Just wondern if Gt4 added the attesa ets in? if so than that is it the reason why gtr turn back in middle of a drift to create understeer due to traction loss in the rear.

What tries to turn back? The wheel? No that would be force feedback if so.

The Attesa system steers the rear wheels to kick lower the turn radius and help bring the rear out(not for drifting)

What tries to turn back? The wheel? No that would be force feedback if so.

The Attesa system steers the rear wheels to kick lower the turn radius and help bring the rear out(not for drifting)

The atessa system makes the front tires gain more traction once it notice the rear end slides out is that what you are trying to say? I can beat the force feed back but its only on the corner exit when it happen like some times ill even understeer.

and sorry i posted my sentence on this wrong but i just fixed it

Are you talking about the wheels trying to go back to center? If so thats true on EVERY car when oversteering.

The Attessa system:

A)Transfers Torque to the front tires when there is slippage/traction lost in the rear.
B)Turns the rear wheels in the opposite direction the wheels are being steered to make a better corner.

It doesnt control the front tire direction.

ATTESA-ETS (and the Pro in R33 and R34 models) controls the power transfer to the front wheels and in the Pro version even between the rear wheels, but it doesn't control the rear wheel steering. That's done by Super HICAS, a hydraulic system that turns the rear wheels in whatever direction makes the car turn better.

Both of these systems are modelled pretty well in GT4, but ATTESA definitely doesn't create understeer - it actually prevents it by giving the front end just enough bite to pull the car through the corner while still retaining ample power in the rear to keep the car sliding. The Skyline is a miraculous car in many respects but it's still only a car and capable only of things what such a large piece of steel can physically do.

- R -

i'm talking about when your attesa ets is using up all your traction and your tires will barely grip due to the attesa I do know that the gtr is a traction monster compared to alot of other cars.

Are you talking about the wheels trying to go back to center? If so thats true on EVERY car when oversteering.

The Attessa system:

A)Transfers Torque to the front tires when there is slippage/traction lost in the rear.
B)Turns the rear wheels in the opposite direction the wheels are being steered to make a better corner.

It doesnt control the front tire direction.

i never said it control where the front tires go thats up to the driver and how much traction he has left.

i'm talking about when your attesa ets is using up all your traction and your tires will barely grip due to the attesa I do know that the gtr is a traction monster compared to alot of other cars.

hmmm dunno when i compare my NSX-R time to the N1 R34 skyline i get a faster time in the NSX... and I find that the R34 oversteer alot on the corner. oh and I use N2 tyres to compare the lap

From an R32 Driver
No, it's simply impossible. Gran Turismo 4 lacks the programming to understand the dynamics of a 4wd system like that. The problem is that GT4's engine uses a general setup for cars, FR, MR, FF, and 4WD. It doesn't care (or even understand) where the engine is on a 4wd. It only has certain preset dynamics for each layout. In order for the game to simulate the Atessa and Super Hicas, the game would have to take into account each wheel spinning and moving independently from the car it self. Instead GT4 simplifies the car and only thinks of it moving in a direction and what physics would take place for the car to move...

I realize this seems long winded, so let me sum it up. GT4 only understands car vs. pavement. Atessa would be classified as running gear, GT4 doesn't have running gear anywhere in it's driving equation.

Enthusia on the other hand, is car vs. running gear vs. pavement. As such it does simulate the Atessa system, and rather well might I add.

Keep in mind that the G Loads are so unrealistic in GT4 that even if it were an accurate representation of the 4wd, it wouldn't react quite right. I rarely ever speed full throttle into a corner, slam on the brakes and turn full lock to negotiate it.
Found your answer.

but it doesn't control the rear wheel steering. That's done by Super HICAS, a hydraulic system that turns the rear wheels in whatever direction makes the car turn better.

R33 onwards HICAS systems have been electric not hydraulic.

they arent specifically talking about the r33. just hicas in general. older hicas systems featured on r32's and S chassis were hydraulic powered.

they arent specifically talking about the r33. just hicas in general. older hicas systems featured on r32's and S chassis were hydraulic powered.

He did say Super HICAS which is the later version.

Plus many people think the Nissan 4WS system is a heavy complex hydraulic system when in later versions it is much lighter, simple and smarter.

no, super hicas can refer to any nissan with hicas. in the 240's its also reffered to as super hicas.

Not all HICAS equipped Nissans can be referred to as Super HICAS.

My Nissan has HICAS (Electric) and it is just called HICAS by Nissan. A friend of mine had a Super HICAS equipped 180sx, I remember wondering a couple years ago why they called it Super compared to my just HICAS and from memory it had to do with speeds it activates (Super HICAS also works at medium speeds). Recently I checked Wiki to see what other differences and stupidly went along with what it says, wiki says SUPER HICAS is the later electric HICAS, which doesn't make sense because mine is not Super and it is electric.

*EDIT* checking some sites, they say they started calling it Super HICAS in Skylines when they went to Electric system in R33, although I have no reference on my R33 as 'Super HICAS' but rather just 'HICAS'.

*EDIT2* My R32 Skyline GTR workshop manual refers it as 'Super HICAS' so the R33+ electric theory I have read a few times is clearly wrong.

Not all HICAS equipped Nissans can be referred to as Super HICAS.

My Nissan has HICAS (Electric) and it is just called HICAS by Nissan. A friend of mine had a Super HICAS equipped 180sx, I remember wondering a couple years ago why they called it Super compared to my just HICAS and from memory it had to do with speeds it activates (Super HICAS also works at medium speeds). Recently I checked Wiki to see what other differences and stupidly went along with what it says, wiki says SUPER HICAS is the later electric HICAS, which doesn't make sense because mine is not Super and it is electric.

hope you know wiki isn't a real encyclopedia its just info from ppl so you don't know if its true or not and super doesnt really mean nothing it just matter on what year is the car hicas is older super is the newer but still hica is a hica ones electric ones hydralic and i know this cause i drive more than one silvia

hope you know wiki isn't a real encyclopedia its just info from ppl so you don't know if its true or not and super doesnt really mean nothing it just matter on what year is the car hicas is older super is the newer but still hica is a hica ones electric ones hydralic and i know this cause i drive more than one silvia

I am having trouble understanding you (except the wiki part which I agree and I only checked as there is alot of confusion and I wanted to see what it says there). And how do you drive multiple Silvias in the US?

Anyway this is Skyline HICAS we are supposed to be talking about, not 180sx/240sx/Silvia.

I am having trouble understanding you (except the wiki part which I agree and I only checked as there is alot of confusion and I wanted to see what it says there). And how do you drive multiple Silvias in the US?

Anyway this is Skyline HICAS we are supposed to be talking about, not 180sx/240sx/Silvia.

I'm a native to japan and my mom is rich (im broke)and my step dad like me alot so they help me import them and get them legalized and when you say mutiple what do you mean if you mean over 5 then no.and there is a way of getting rhd cars legalized without getting a lhd conversion.

Earlier skylines the r32 used a hydraulic system which had speed sensors and used the power steering pump to steer the rear wheels. The newer version named Super HICAS was used from the R33 onward; electric actuators were used a long with a onboard computer, this version saved weight, and is said to be a much improved system.

I'm a native to japan and my mom is rich (im broke)and my step dad like me alot so they help me import them and get them legalized and when you say mutiple what do you mean if you mean over 5 then no.and there is a way of getting rhd cars legalized without getting a lhd conversion.

I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe, There has been many false claims on this forum in the past. Do you have any proof, like pictures of these cars you imported?

BTW multiple means more than one.

RHD or LHD has nothing to do with importation. At all. So by bringing that up, you've proven you're lying.

What exactly is the question that this thread is asking? In plain, proper and grammatically correct English, please.
Just wondern if Gt4 added the attesa ets in? if so than that is it the reason why gtr turn back in middle of a drift to create understeer due to traction loss in the rear.

This was the question, does GT4 stimulate the ATTESA ETS during a drift and there is the answer

From an R32 Driver
No, it's simply impossible. Gran Turismo 4 lacks the programming to understand the dynamics of a 4wd system like that. The problem is that GT4's engine uses a general setup for cars, FR, MR, FF, and 4WD. It doesn't care (or even understand) where the engine is on a 4wd. It only has certain preset dynamics for each layout. In order for the game to simulate the Atessa and Super Hicas, the game would have to take into account each wheel spinning and moving independently from the car it self. Instead GT4 simplifies the car and only thinks of it moving in a direction and what physics would take place for the car to move...

I realize this seems long winded, so let me sum it up. GT4 only understands car vs. pavement. Atessa would be classified as running gear, GT4 doesn't have running gear anywhere in it's driving equation.

Enthusia on the other hand, is car vs. running gear vs. pavement. As such it does simulate the Atessa system, and rather well might I add.

Keep in mind that the G Loads are so unrealistic in GT4 that even if it were an accurate representation of the 4wd, it wouldn't react quite right. I rarely ever speed full throttle into a corner, slam on the brakes and turn full lock to negotiate it.
I think this was the question, if any R32 owner can't find the ATTESA in GT4 during normal racing conditions then you probably won't find it during drifting.

Earlier skylines the r32 used a hydraulic system which had speed sensors and used the power steering pump to steer the rear wheels. The newer version named Super HICAS was used from the R33 onward; electric actuators were used a long with a onboard computer, this version saved weight, and is said to be a much improved system.
The problem with that is that it was called Super HICAS in the 300ZX, and that debuted at the same times as the R32.

The problem with that is that it was called Super HICAS in the 300ZX, and that debuted at the same times as the R32.

And yes they do call it Super Hicas in R32 GTR aswell, so yes the electric theory is wrong.

This was the question, does GT4 stimulate the ATTESA ETS during a drift and there is the answer

I think this was the question, if any R32 owner can't find the ATTESA in GT4 during normal racing conditions then you probably won't find it during drifting.
And then there are the drivers who don't recognize the ATTESA when it's doing its job. GT4 definitely simulates it in every single GT-R, even going into detail in the different fine tuning for each generation.

- R -

Back