slipSHOTS: FM6 (08.11 - These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things Pt. 2)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 45 comments
Slip whats up man we need more bro!

Sorry guys - the 2000GT update was shot and edited back in October. I took a while to get it up, as the beginning of November was when I stepped into the Editor-In-Chief role here. So time for photos isn't quite what it used to be, but I'm really enjoying the current work.

I'll try to have something for you before the year wraps. :D

While I like the overall layout in shot 3. There is one thing that I would change and that is focal length because in my view it would look better with a small increase. But aside from that in my view your latest update is a success. :D

header.png

(Click for full-size)
Update Info: Ever since John Barker's V8-swapped Capri, I've been interested in doing something similar in a game. Now that I finally can, of course I went a different route; I swapped in the modern V6, but made sure to keep it naturally aspirated. This sits at a PI of 575 right now, but honestly, I haven't built it to be a hotlapper. I've slowly tinkered with it, getting the balance right, making sure it sits on those new HRE rims just so, and I'm really enjoying it now. As you can see in the first shot, it does what it's told. Enjoy! :D

@Pebb - Thanks, I can certainly see what you mean!

Team GTP

(Click for full-size)
Update Info: They live! I've been painting a few cars up in GTPlanet liveries, so thought I'd share some shots. You can grab the liveries here, and the tunes here. I recognize this is not the most creative set from a photographic standpoint, but don't worry, some other stuff is bubbling up... Enjoy!

@SVX - I don't know about that, but thanks! I've kept a lot of me toning settings saved as presets, so editing is only a matter of minutes these days. Don't have the energy to devote a lot into it anymore, which makes the gigantic FM watermark all the more frustrating...

Team GTP

(Click for full-size)
Update Info: They live! I've been painting a few cars up in GTPlanet liveries, so thought I'd share some shots. You can grab the liveries here, and the tunes here. I recognize this is not the most creative set from a photographic standpoint, but don't worry, some other stuff is bubbling up... Enjoy!

@SVX - I don't know about that, but thanks! I've kept a lot of me toning settings saved as presets, so editing is only a matter of minutes these days. Don't have the energy to devote a lot into it anymore, which makes the gigantic FM watermark all the more frustrating...
The Exige shot is god damn beautiful!

TAAFOMFT01H.png

(Click for full-size)

Update Info: I have a fair amount of cars in my garage that I treat as my own personal project cars. Sometimes, they prove competitive online, but other times, they're just for my own enjoyment. This is the first collection of them, with at least one more set coming after. The E30 is a lightly breathed-on car, running somewhere around 240hp. That shot is actually ancient - it's the very first one I took in the game! The Prowler is an LS-swapped fun little car. Despite the swap, it isn't overwhelmingly quick in its class, but it has won its fair share of online races. It's a very agreeable car to steer, and I always smile each time I get to sit behind that unique nose and point it at the next apex. The Clio V6 is almost completely stock, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's easily one of my most-desired cars in the real world, and in the ultra-rare Liquid Yellow no less. Lastly, the Apple Green Veloster. I'm not sure why Hyundai doesn't offer this Accent colour on its funky little three-door, as it works so well on it. This is another light tune, meant for D class, but I've kept it pretty soft to better represent a road car. Enjoy!​

Only one shot deserves to have my full attention and that is shot 2. But why have I picked it, you ask. Well simple. I have selected it due to the composition and lighting. 👍

TAAFOMFT02H.png

(Click for full-size)
__________________________​

Update Info: Part two has been sitting, waiting to go up, and I'm procrastinating in the face of packing. Four more cars, all sharing a common bond: I tend to take them out for a drive just for the fun of it.

The Alfa is a continuation of something I've done in most racing games since the days of GT5: the 8C GTA. Here's the original GT5 magazine article I did. It follows the same basic approach as Ferrari's V8 berlinetta specials: a decent increase in power, but more importantly, a substantial weight reduction. You can't see it, but one of my favourite aspects is the red carbonfibre used for the side mirrors.

I don't know why I've fallen for the KPGC110 so hard. Maybe it's my love of the slightly gangly-looking '71 Mustang. The little Datsun is like a 3/5 version of that car. This one's maybe a little blasphemous, but I'm fine with it: it has the E46 M3's engine chucked up front. There's something about a high-revving inline-six that just works. Sadly, I needed to take the shot from this angle — or one like it — to hide how poorly the tires fill the arches. Let us widen the track, T10!

The Civic is a rear-drive conversion with the buzzy 2.0L. I recognize mid-engine swaps won't realistically come to Forza ever, so this is the next-best thing. It's a dream I've had since at least the GT4 days: a midship NSX engine in an EK would be the Honda answer to the Clio V6. Yes please! I remember seeing an EK in a similar hue way back in the early 2000's in Sport Compact Car, and it was easily one of the best-looking examples of the breed I've seen.

Lastly, of course there's a Miata. This has the expected Chevy V8 swap. It's a little nuts, even with wider tires. Tons of fun though. The RX-7's Innocent Blue Mica looks absolutely ace on the little NA, and this is more or less how I'd want my own real-world NA to look if I had one. I don't think I'd ever stump up for the engine swap, though: I value my life!

Enjoy!

@Pebb - Cheers! With no real equivalent to GT's Photo Travel (Homespaces are pretty poor, IMO), I find part of the challenge in FM is finding good places on circuits for still shots.

Latest Posts

Back