slipSHOTS: GT6 (RACER)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 59 comments
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

s l i p S H O T S presents 4REAL

slipshots_4real_07.png

_______________________________​

Update Info: I'm a bit late - last week was finals week - but these were shot the day the M4 popped into being. BMW has a habit of releasing new models in Spain; I think the E92 was launched at either Portimao or Ascari, so I figured the M4 best visit the latter. As for the teaser, that's not a spelling error... Enjoy!

@SVX - You're too kind, sir. Thank you :). And yes, we already did some El Camino Bros stuff online the other day! :lol:

@Boabdulrahman - Thanks, I find the old cars, especially the concepts, have so many neat details that they absolutely need some close-ups!

@The R!CE Guy - I try to give each set it's own colour identity, so I'm glad this one worked out so well!

@grrlpurple and @andrea - Thanks you two!

@HaerBev - Heh, the camera angles were limited by Gemasolar - I expected more freedom there! I find it really hard to find a unique angle there already, I'm afraid :-/

@sparkytooth - Ha, mere coincidence! :D

@Apok - I'm loving the detailed reviews my good man. I agree about the steering wheel image, I do; I realize that sometimes I resort to less artistically-sound, more... "magazine-friendly" images, and that one definitely falls under that category. I think we both know why that happens, though...

@GPR - Thanks George - as ever, GT does get pull me in thanks to Photomode, and it's great to be taking part in the community again instead of simply posting comp threads. Speaking of! :lol:

@Kodje - Haha, thanks. I find it hard to get out of the thirds grid, actually :-S.

@Revolution. - Glad to see the old girl (with a new number) was able to drag you back here. I can't wait to see what sorts of hyper-realism you pull off; the old LFA at the 'Ring was one of the most convincing shots from GT5, and GT6 really nails realistic lighting on some tracks.

@XVR - Oh, come on. Your photos are the main reasons I'm "losing" money down the couch on a regular basis; it's the sneaky One fund! :lol:

@zzz_pt - Heh, I tend to use my galleries as an outlet for failed assignments / paid projects, but I'm glad you enjoy the graphic design aspect.

@RetroGiant - Doesn't it though?! :D

@Primus Ortus - I wish I had a 500C to play with! I'm not sure what you mean about the car selection so far, but I'll take it as a good thing :). You've given me an idea with that Vette suggestion (because you're absolutely right), but really, I'd rather see what you can do with it!

Remove all signatures and stick your images on a blank white wall and I can STILL tell they're "Slip-Shots" .....can't put my finger on why that is :odd: but thats just the "law" of photomode I guess :lol:.

Great retro feel to the first two sets. (gotta get me the In-Violet paint now) and the M4 shots are subtlety taken to another level :drool::drool:

Yas Marina blue! You sir, have excellent taste. Ascari is a pretty circuit for sure. I'm still exploring all the new tracks and environments we have to play with! Nice stuff as usual.

@Apok - I'm loving the detailed reviews my good man. I agree about the steering wheel image, I do; I realize that sometimes I resort to less artistically-sound, more... "magazine-friendly" images, and that one definitely falls under that category. I think we both know why that happens, though...

No problem! It's the least I could do after you helped me out immensely with my GT5 gallery. After all, I'm only sharing my opinion.

And as for this latest update I'd be lying if I said that I dislike the M4...
Actually, merely observing my avatars for the past years would tell you that I'm a pretty big fan of BMW's in general. I am about the most biased person you could find when it comes to BMW's, but I'll try and be at least a little bit objective (yeah right!)

This and the previous Ghia update showcase some excellent colors. It's not just the purple standing out and the blue looking like heaven itself (bias!), it's the soft tones in the images. They're very pleasant to look at. The green and red in the background/foreground work great together, providing contrast with the blue car while not clashing with it too much. This is especially true with the second and third image (second image being a personal favorite).
In the first image the road seems to work as a barrier between the blue car and green background. I personally feel like this would be a nice setup for a bit more action. The car is in a state of movement, as is clear from the way it's angled in relation to the road, but maybe this is one of the moments when panning mode 1 would work well. I wouldn't know actually because I barely use it :P , but the point I'm trying to make is I'd like something more dynamic or just something to break the monotony of the image. In the others you have a varied image: The second has bushes and trees, the third has that big tree and in the fourth the car is a big enough focus for the background to not be as big of a factor.
Not much I have to say about the other images apart from the sixth one. They are all nicely balanced color and composition wise (perfect examples of the rule of thirds!).
The last image is really cool because it's so different. It's darker much in the way that the fourth image is, and now the colours have been reversed! Here the focus is on the wheel orange, with the car and sky working as the background in a way. The trees balance out the colors with more red. I like how this image adds variety to the whole set while not standing out too much.
I'd probably add less noise, but that's my personal opinion. I know many people really like the effect.
Hey I'll let it fly though. Those images were clearly shot in a low light environment, it'd be unreasonable not to expect some noise. :P

And now you make me want to get a blue M4. Curse you, I already have a yellow and orange one!

I'm not bad at pretending that I know what I'm talking about!

Wow, what a great set. "Real" is spot on for sure. What time were these taken, do you remember? I've been fighting to get the times just right in the lighting. Also, I dont know what the deal is but I fight to get cars to stay in focus and sharp. I seem to have to zoom in all the way, autofocus, and then zoom out. If I am just at a normal distance, click autofocus, it looks out of focus a bit, then I zoom in and see it was not focused at all. Its driving me insane. Seems I'm in the minority with this issue though cause everyone else's shots are tack sharp. ANYWAYS lol, what a great set. Love the tones, the angles (I assume some were taken other than the first free roam angle?), sense of speed....you just captured everything about the car. Magazine quality.

"I'm not sure what you mean about the car selection so far, but I'll take it as a good thing :)." I was just saying that your choice of cars was unique - I loved it. ๐Ÿ‘ Your newest set is amazing. Great realism, perfect amount of grain and wonderful composition. BMW should be paying you for the free adverts - quality stuff there my friend.

True, the Gemasolar camera moving limits can quickly ruin our work. Your blue M4 update is really nice, the fifth picture and its quite realistic rendering is done the way I like. Sixth pic is great as I'm unable to make something like this, close view and shiny rendering :)

Last edited:
Brilliant start ! Love retro feel in "Ghia Baby" and "tasty" tones in "4Real".
Gorgeous pictures, SlipZ. :drool:

OP design - :drool: :drool: :drool: โˆž

This M4 set really deserve the 4real name ! Superb work on composition with original angles and choice of POV and very good edit work especially on the toning. the first four have my preference but the whole set is excellent.

Ohh shot 1 is very nice and the last 2 also grab me the most. Nice smooth toning. ๐Ÿ‘

Wow, this is the first gallery to make me express my view vocally (as in, not typing on the keyboard). The expression? ... Ooooh jeesus! :P

This set is suitably named. ๐Ÿ‘

s l i p S H O T S presents RACER

11533187243_fd24a47c37_o.jpg
11533096854_80abec9a25_o.jpg
11533096804_bcd80ba447_o.jpg
11533135436_2d1ff7f344_o.jpg
11533186983_4057db34a5_o.jpg
11533056835_26228a33e8_o.jpg

(Click on lines for full-size)
_______________________________​

Update Info: For anybody who's played Google's very cool little game, this should look familiar. Yes, you don't know what you're going to see until you click one of the racer lines - that's all part of the plan. I'm about to take off to see the family for two days, so I don't think I'll be able to respond properly to everybody about the last update until I get home, or I'm suffering from the inevitable food coma. So with that, a Happy Ho-Ho to you all, and enjoy!

Great idea and we'll implemented! Shots them selves are gorgeous. Love the toning and angles. Happy holidays bud!

Not enough dark (or dim) gray. :P

Great presentation and editing as usual. May you find copious paint chips in your stocking this year. :lol:

I don't know how you've done this but this is maybe the most original presentation I've seen ! Bravo :cheers:
And great shots behind the lines, especially (for my tastes) the blue, red and orange ones ๐Ÿ‘

Don't get me wrong but I love your presentation more that your shots. :D

And I honestly think your shots are great. The red one is my fav. :cheers:

Really like the idea behind the last set, Kyle. As for the execution... well... it's perfect.:D No, really man, great stuff.๐Ÿ‘
Also, both the Ghia and the M4 set are stunning. (Better late than never, huh:))
____

SVX
I can see it now..

"El Camino Bros"

yes.gif

El Camino Hermanos.:D There should totally be a set called that at some point.

Massive bump, but SlipZ come back!!!! I know you're also busy, but I'm hungry for your shots!!! :lol:

Last edited:
Back