SNAIL Holiday Event Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck. Ill try and join you guys periodically, hopefully I'll make it for at least 1 race.

Sony has to lift its game, this connection issue is outrageous. Crappy servers and piss poor connection is no excuse. Get rid of the forced online connection and give us local saves as an option. This is blackmail and not good enough!

Sorry for leaving early last night but I was sick(still am). Thanks to @Rednose58 for organizing this event and to all who participated and offered their services. I don't know about the rest of you ,but I had a blast in the rally race,but 3/4 of the way through,I was so beat down I had to back off! LOL

Sorry for leaving early last night but I was sick(still am). Thanks to @Rednose58 for organizing this event and to all who participated and offered their services. I don't know about the rest of you ,but I had a blast in the rally race,but 3/4 of the way through,I was so beat down I had to back off! LOL

That rally was so much work I don't need to go to the gym this week and I can eat extra turkey

The Data for the Holiday Event can be found here.

If you guys want, we can do another event on the 30th, but no data or bragging rights or anything.

Option 1: Do a 90 minute Endurance race with a few pit stops

Option 2: Run a lot of "relay" races (requires team mates).
- Run a 1 lap race.
- Equal amount of team members per team ( 6 players = 3 teams with 2 members each, 8 players = 2 teams with 4 members each or 4 teams with 2 members each. (Whatever you decide, it remains a one lap race). Each team member gets assigned 1st leg, 2nd leg, 3rd leg, etc)
- At race start the 1st leg members move up to the start line and the other members move way back to be behind the finish line (especially on Suzuka where the start line is not the same as the finish line)
- the first leg members then start the race on the 1 minute mark and race each other around the track
- The 2nd leg drivers line up on track some good distance before the finish line and wait for the 1st leg racers to come around.
- 1st leg racers come around the final corner - look for your second leg driver and bump him away without you going over the finish line (otherwise the race will end). The 1st leg runners stay off the track and do not cross the finish line.
- if there are 3rd leg runners, they now line up on the track and wait for the 2nd leg runners to bump them, otherwise the 2nd leg runners cross the line to finish the race. Then the 1st leg runners are free to cross the line.
- Repeat the process if there are 4th or 5th leg racers....
- easy as pie
- Team members probably need to create there own party to reduce confusion between them
- Typing instructions
- Damage should be off
- If you cross the finish line when you're not supposed to - you deserve a fish slap....

Option 3: Run sprint races with different car classes. Winner picks the next car class. Fast lap man picks the track. If winner is also the fast lap man, then the second place pick the next track. Nobody can pick a track or a car more than once. Go down the finish places until you get someone eligible. This may provide good ideas for future combos.

What do you think?

Option 1 sounds good -
Enjoyed the challenge (and irritation at other drivers - causing me to spin) in the GTL Endurances. Tire/Fuel Strategy is a key factor, as in actual racing.

Sorry I couldnt finish all the data Red, got hung up with holiday stuff.

Team standings:

Ghostbusters: 68
(Rednose/Mikegrove)

Darkside of the wall: 59
(MajorBlixem/Tex36)

Team Tecate: 56
(SAMHAIN85/WolfSatz)

Team WhiteBong: 53
(Whitey093/TBongX)

No surprise that two D1 drivers won the team category.

And heres the adjusted BoP scores that I proposed we use to even things out:

Darkside of the wall: 50

WhiteBong: 47

Ghostbusters: 44

Tecate: 42

For the upcoming event my vote is for #1. Maybe on 24H Nurburgring?

People fear the Cat and Mouse. LoL
Id love to start doing C&M again, but I dont think there is enough interest for it yet.

I’ll open a test room this afternoon. Maybe Gr.4 cars on Racing Tires at Nurb 24-hr. So, that is another track that is not available for Sundays and we are using SS Gr.4 car on Sundays. Racing tires provide extra grip on the green hell, so every one should be ok.

We need to set appropriate tire wear and fuel consumption. Last week was a guess and it worked out perfect. I saw from the latest Gr.4 races in sport mode that some cars (Ferrari) can’t complete the 6 laps with one tank of fuel, while others (Renault Megane) can do it easy, but those front tires are going away quickly.

This time we won’t keep score. You just choose a rival and try to beat him. We can still do teams to have a bit of commaraderie

What time you thinking about testing @Rednose58 ? I'll be around to help test.

One thing I might suggest is we narrow the car selection pool down to just a handful that are evenly matched - or just limit it to everyone use the same car. In the GR1 race we had, the FAPping car wolf and I ran were much less competitive than the rest of the field. I also didnt test out the other cars so its partly my fault. I think we should all stick with the same car like we've done in the past - or figure out a group of cars that will be evenly matched. So when someone shows up race night without any testing, they arent at a disadvantage right out of the gate because they happened to pick the slow(er) car. My 2cents.

Ok, here is my suggestion after testing a few secret cars......

I suggest we do 2 x 1-hr races. (Open the room 8:30 EST and start racing 9:00 EST)

Tire wear 5X and fuel consumption 2X
I picked track time at 15:00 so that we don't have to battle with other distractions
Gr.4 Cars
Min Tire: Racing Hard Max Tire: Racing Soft
BOP on and Tuning Prohibited
Snail settings for the rest

A 1-hr race will give us approximately 7 laps
- One car might make it on one tank at mixture Level 1
- The other two cars will not make it on one tank at Level 1
- Racing hards may take you all the way, but if you need to stop for fuel anyway...... who knows if a leaner mixture will take you without a stop, but then you are slower....
- None of the cars will make it on Racing Softs (unless you are @Nicktune )

A 45 minute race will only get 5 laps in. Tire wear and fuel consumption settings will be silly.

Feedback on the start time?
Feedback on the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back