SNAIL Holiday Event Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the timer running out work? If it runs out on the 6th lap is that now the final lap or do you then get one full lap after crossing the start/finish?

I think if the timer runs out while the leaders are on their 6th lap, the race is over for them. If you are running in the back and the timer runs out while you're only on your 5th lap, you still have to complete 1 more lap. I think.

We will have to see. In GT6 you had to run another lap (and you could not make a pit stop before starting that last lap). In GTS I don't know if there was a situation like that last week or not to confirm how it works. I know if you are lapped and the time runs out, you're done.

Holiday Event - Saturday - December 30, 2017

Two Races

1-hr Endurance on the Nurburgring-24hr
Race 1 Track time: 15:00
Gr.4 Cars on RH, RM or RS Tires (Driver's Choice)
No Mandatory Pitstop
No Mandatory Tire Choice
Tire Wear = 5X
Fuel Consumption = 2X
BOP On
Tuning prohibited
The rest is SNAIL settings
Ghosting will be weak

Room opens 8:30 PM EST
No Qually - Host will determine start order (I'll put myself on the back of the grid...:sly:)

Race 1 Starts at 9:00 PM EST

No sign-up. Just show up. Remember to take your bathroom break before entering the room...

Won't kick out non-Snail racers (unless the room is full and you PSN message me that you would like to join.)

Race 2 will be Reverse Grid

Race 2 will be a night race
10 Minute Break between Races

After this you will know the Nurb well...

Please post in holiday event thread if you plan to participate so that we have an idea.

Last edited:
tenor (1).gif

Last edited:
Are Old Snails allowed to participate? BTW I host the Ring Rats every Tuesday night at 8:30 central. Gr4 BOP. Mostly one laps of the Old Track. Rules are same as my old Snail Boost Racing Room . Random grids, no points, competition yellows if someone “
goes for a Burton”. Must be my Friend to get in.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::D to my DART partner @TEX36 for the heads up!

I am a "most likely"
Are Old Snails allowed to participate? BTW I host the Ring Rats every Tuesday night at 8:30 central. Gr4 BOP. Mostly one laps of the Old Track. Rules are same as my old Snail Boost Racing Room . Random grids, no points, competition yellows if someone “
goes for a Burton”. Must be my Friend to get in.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::D to my DART partner @TEX36 for the heads up!

Come join the fun!

I will be there for 12/30 event. The main issue with running a timed "endurance event" is the lap after finishing the race where we all stare at the screen while the ai runs our cars through the track. Even for the last place guy, something about the endurance setup doesn't adhere to the 90 second timer after finish setting.

Update:

We will put ghosting on light. Too many accidents in the mid-field caused innocent drivers to be eliminated early.
The second race will be night time - looks awesome
You may change to a different car for the second race if you want

Remember to clear your cache and reset/restart anything that may cause or may help to minimize the possibility of a stuck on grid or lagging. We will restart two times. If you are stuck a third time then you will probably not race

I will consider bumping a "never been snail" if a current snail send me a PSN message that the room is full.

Also, if the room fills quickly, then another person can open a second room. There is enough info to get the settings right. I don't claim the right to be the one and only host.

Just post the room number in this thread so other people know where to go.

The first room should have at least 14 people before we should consider a second room

I'll call the first room "SNAIL Enduro-Room 1"

With this weather I will definitely not going out tonight. Racing is my plan. Note the "feels like" temps because of the wind chill

upload_2017-12-30_11-50-17.png

I'm thinking I'm gonna show up too .. sounds like fun.

Edit : what are some of the better GR4s for this event ?

Difficult to say. I may mix it up and use two different cars from Race 1 and Race 2. They all feel good with the racing tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back