SNAIL Time Trial Events

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 341 comments
Is there a difference between the 2 cars in spec? Would be good to use the better of the 2. Which car is at the top of the leaderboards? I'd check but not sure I can get online today.

I'm ok at Fuji but it's not one of my better tracks. Never seem to wrap my head around turn 6/7...horrible there.
@Pigems recommends starting with +2/3 BB, if you are inclined to change that setting.

Tomorrow morning it's time to have my coffee and run some laps.

Any decision on the car @SAMHAIN85 @JamCar0ne ?
What kind of times are you getting? I know I can trim some off of mine. May have to give the BB thing a try. I have never really messed with it

Havent tried it yet, but @Pigems just ran initial laps and is at 2;02.0xx, so probably have at least 1.5 seconds left in him after he warms up. Then the hard works starts, with diminishing returns lol. 100 laps per .1

Hey fellas, I got Race A at a 2:01.8 so far in the 86, I don’t know if there’s really any different between the two? BB+2 seems to be a little better than +3, it wants to slide a bit more on the faster corners at +3. I’m still working out braking points but I’ll definitely do up a lap Guide once I vent them sorted out. :)

It’s a fun combo for a TT if it ends up being this one . :cheers:

It looks like both cars available in Race A have the same hp/power/drivetrain, so it's still somewhat of a one-make which is what were after here. The 86 seems to be the more dominant of the 2 on the leaderboard right now. Use whichever car you want since they both seem to be about the same. The problem with forcing everyone to use the 86 is, if they set a fast lap with the brz and dont get wind of this message until afterwards, maybe they cant improve their time in the 86 so they're stuck with their brz time. Just use whatever! Good luck

Hey fellas, I got Race A at a 2:01.8 so far in the 86, I don’t know if there’s really any different between the two? BB+2 seems to be a little better than +3, it wants to slide a bit more on the faster corners at +3. I’m still working out braking points but I’ll definitely do up a lap Guide once I vent them sorted out. :)

It’s a fun combo for a TT if it ends up being this one . :cheers:
WhT is your YT channel so I can subscribe?

Nice warm up lap @SAMHAIN85 ! Are you going to do this one this time?

Thanks. Just ran a few laps and got it down to .390 good enough for #3 on the boards right now. I'll work at it throughout the week but wont be spending too much time on it. Busy with all the other series racing!

When are you re-joining on Sundays Joe?

Costco still has me working every Sunday night. I actually work every weekend, Saturday and Sunday. Waiting for all my hard work to pay off and get a promotion. Ideally have every Sunday and Monday off. Right now I get 2 days off during the week. On the positive side, it allows me to run laps during the week while everyone is out.

Been working hard on improving my car control, brake and throttle control, getting more consistent from lap to lap. I think I'm getting better but it takes me a while to learn new combos. I admire the skills that guys like you and others have that get you to 98% of you optimal after a handful of laps. That's not me. Still learning every day.

Glad to hear you have a lot going on. Gives the rest of is normal people a chance.:D

Last edited:
This is the best attempt I've been able to pull off. 2:01:887.

Gonna keep trying this week. I'd like it if I can make it into the 1:59's. I've definitely got time to make up on the final sector.

Your line looks great through every corner. Even though I'm in Canada, the kph messes me up for reference.

Your line looks great through every corner. Even though I'm in Canada, the kph messes me up for reference.
Thanks, yeah I'm close but not as consistent as I'd like.

I get messed up by everyone running MPH.

Feel free to add me, by the way: RadStewart. I'm currently not racing much, just doing time trials. Moving this summer to somewhere with better internet and then I'll be back in the sport mode races, and Sunday night SNAIL.

Hey fellas, I had some time to work on Race A tonight and I managed to shave some time. I got it down to a 2:00.699 with and Optimal of 0.3XX. This is such a technically demanding track, it’s so tough to string that perfect lap together. But I am getting a little closer. :)

I was given this info tonight by a friend with an Optimal time of 0.1, I found it quite helpful so I’d like to pass it on to you guys in hope that it can help someone else as well. :cheers:

“Target min speed at key corners
Starting with the most important one,
Last turn
53mph
Turn in by making the car slid a tad to rotate and aim for apex. Get on throttle early and clip the apex at 53mph. Lower than 52 and lose too much time.

Turn 1
41mph
I use -2 BB to reduce the sliding, but want to rotate quickly and on throttle really early. That why I'm trying not to slide the rear around too much, save the rear traction to power up earlier.

Turn 3 Coca cola
83mph
Brake less than you think and clip as much apex as possible. The sharper the angle you can take to clip apex, the sooner you can full throttle without pushing wide.

Turn 4 and 5 , 100R
Full throttle to t4, throttle control to go just a tad out and to help rotate right toward t5 , powering to maintain I believe 85mph while not going out wide like everyone else does.

Get over to right side to brake for hairpin.

Hairpin T6/7
Min 54mph
The quicker you can get to the kurb of the hairpin, at a sharp angle to allow full throttle. Will push you out wide but you will be good. .

T10 Dunlop
75mph at apex
Brake and throttle up early at apex. Take as much kurb as you can. Watch mistah mca video for example of how much you can take. I can still take loads more than I am.

Next right,
Off power earlier than you think and roll to late apex, 57 mph at apex. Power up and take shortest line through the Netz.

Still trying to work on this last sector but I dont go out to wide for the left. Try to rotate quick and grab a bunch of the apex at 49mph. Throttle up and take a bunch of the kurb on the right on exit.

Back to last turn as listed at the start.

Sector times for a 1:59.760 lap
1) 27.672
2) 39.405
3) 52.683

Hope that helps.

Shift points I'm using
59-60mph
85mph
108mph

In addition to above, I think the difference if lines are good, is getting full throttle quicker.”
57696CBB-E715-4C96-9AC8-05D6187041B4.jpeg

@Oshawa-Joe @SAMHAIN85 Most Excellent Laps fellas, very well done. :cheers:

Last edited:
@suprajef is in the lead. Nice lap!

My optimal is sitting at 2:00.085 but every time I get on I start failing somewhere on the track. Finally starting to understand T6/7 and now cant do t1 correctly. If start getting T1, 6 and 7 correctly I start messing up Netz.

Back