SNAIL vs Lobanaro [Rivals Event]

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 373 comments
Awesome night last night, the racing was tops! Being able to race so close with one another is just awesome. Malevolent did an amazing job at keeping the pace in check in the last race! I threw pretty much everything I had at him and he was able to stay ahead and take the win. Mad props man!

Yeah, I think a few of us are a little humbled today. You Snail guys sure have a handle on those untuned cars, I never felt comfortable in either one. It did turn out as expected, except for the final results. I thought for sure we were gonna kick some butt, but those tire choices killed us......me anyway. I figured out your strategy....start late for the Spurt races when us old BoBs were wearing out. Next time, Spurt first.
Wanna make a trade? Sam and Red for Aero and Mcinnis?
We gotta thank Chris for putting this together, it was a blast.

I thought rednose was going to be on our side.lol. I should have practiced more instead of waiting til the day of the race to do a few laps on gtsport. I had a good time racing with y'all last night. Gtsport feels different since i stopped racing on it and i didnt take into account a physics and tire model might have changed. Btw i had a different livery then everyone else in the alpine simply because i forgot to upload the livery in time. Idk how that happened but it was a surprise to me too.lol. Congrates to the sport team on your victory.

I thought rednose was going to be on our side.lol. I should have practiced more instead of waiting til the day of the race to do a few laps on gtsport. I had a good time racing with y'all last night. Gtsport feels different since i stopped racing on it and i didnt take into account a physics and tire model might have changed. Btw i had a different livery then everyone else in the alpine simply because i forgot to upload the livery in time. Idk how that happened but it was a surprise to me too.lol. Congrates to the sport team on your victory.

It's funny because red and chris were saying who is in the all black car all good though

maxresdefault.jpg

"YO ADRIAN WE DID IT!!"

What an event! Thanks everyone for coming out, that was some of the most fun I've ever had simracing. And those combos didnt feel like 20 mins, they felt like an hour each. I was toast after we finished. We most definitely will be running this back again and again and again. Maybe we will shoot for the next one in March. I dont want this run too often and have it lose its charm and appeal if you know what I mean.

Theres so many different directions we can go with this now that we got the first one out of the way. I still think keeping it simple for this first one really helped. @Sean Renon and @todally_lit both are complete PCars noobs with Sean just buying it 2 days ago. Racing on a pad no less. They both did great for their first go around. You can imagine how ugly it would've been if we had to deal with pitstops and pit setups. By the time we run the second one I'm hoping most everyone will have a good amount of PCars xp under their belt and we can throw in some real racing conditions. Weather, pit stops, pit strategies, etc.

We are pretty limited to what we can use in Spurt as you guys know, so feel free to spoil us when you come up with the next PCars combos. The vintage Lotus's at Spa historic layout come to mind. And SNAIL can come up with something exclusive to Sport, there are a few tracks in the game which PCars doesnt have. Whatever we decide to do we'll make sure everything gets announced in advance so everyone has an opportunity to practice and know the combos.

I figured out your strategy....start late for the Spurt races when us old BoBs were wearing out. Next time, Spurt first.

Yeah we figured by the time the Spurt races were ran it'd be past most of your bed times and we could deliver the death blow. But honestly I did it just so we could all greet eachother in the beginning of the night since PCars has voice comm in the lobbies. If we start with Sport, we cant really talk with eachother since theres only 8 to a party. I guess we'll just have to text in-game. But thats fine, we can do Sport first next time.

My race recap:

Race 1:

Right out of the gate Lobanaro showed their dominance in PCars by almost clean sweeping the top 5 positions in qualification. I had a poor qually attempt and invalidated my "current and next lap" by getting a penalty through the chicane so I was stuck starting 8th.

qually1.PNG

No surprises Race 1. Lobanaro pulled away at the start and jw and I tried to salvage some points and stay in the top 6. I got a run on jw to try and make my way towards the front. I screwed the pooch and lost it early the next lap.

Now I found myself behind 'Slowban' who did not do me any favors and was not going to let me pass easily. Mike really put the squeeze on me.

From Mike's perspective. But lets hear Mike's commentary a few turns before this. Hermipoop? :lol::lol::lol:

Race 2:

Rednose and I stole the top 2 qually spots and for the most part ran away with the race. This ended up playing a big part for the overall win on the night.

qually2.PNG

As co-captain for Team Lobanaro, Mike's team orders were simple enough :lol::

Race 2 start:

Not many highlights for this one. Smooth sailing to the checkered

Race 3:

Finally GT Sport! Our bread and butter. Team Lobanaro was ahead 15 points going into this round. We were confident we kept it close enough to take the overall win.

Just as we started the race the room went caput. Jw's internet blew up and it locked up the room. I'm thinking to myself great...we get enough grief about Spurt to begin with and now that we finally have a chance to show it off the game goes haywire. I can only imagine the wisecracks Lobanaro were saying in their party chat. But lets not forget, Mike also had to re-make the room for PBugs as well. So both games are tied 1-1 in that regard.

Race 3 start:
https://youtu.be/zgknCVeV5HI?t=2083

I had a great battle with Robbie most of the race. The fact that he doesnt really play Sport that much and was able to keep up like he did really impressed me. You've got a spot waiting for you in D1 Robbie!

Race 4:

SNAIL has now crept out to a lead and we were ready to seal the deal.

Race 4 start:
https://youtu.be/zgknCVeV5HI?t=4268

Poor Robbie was surrounded by a sea of SNAILS. We used all kinds of teamwork for this race and worked out wonderfully. This entire race is worth a watch as there was some clean exciting racing up front by everyone.

Stay tuned for details on Event #2. I'll update the OP with the current points standings and Series record. We can keep a running tally for the points.

Remember those that didnt compete in the first event will have an automatic entry for the next one. Myself Rednose Mike and Aero are all captains so we are locked in.

Event #2:

TEAM SNAIL:
1. @SAMHAIN85
2. @Rednose58
3. @JLBowler
4. @Rob Brown
5. @Jw_wk1010 (he dc/d)
6. @TexasJDC

TEAM LOBANARO:
1. @aerolite
2. @Mike Lobban
3. @Lessen
4. @potvinsuks

And the reserve list played a big part in the event. With Bowler and Rob dropping out for us we were scrambling for replacements and luckily fielded a full grid. And then with jw disconnecting - @TexasJDC was on stand-by and was able to join our room within seconds. Big thanks Tex - you're in for the next one.

So even though you may not be on the entry list, theres still a chance your number will be called on race night.

Cheers guys. Hope to see some of you in Spurt in the future. I know a few of the SNAIL guys will now be seen more and more in PCars

Last edited:
View attachment 795535

"YO ADRIAN WE DID IT!!"

What an event! Thanks everyone for coming out, that was some of the most fun I've ever had simracing. And those combos didnt feel like 20 mins, they felt like an hour each. I was toast after we finished. We most definitely will be running this back again and again and again. Maybe we will shoot for the next one in March. I dont want this run too often and have it lose its charm and appeal if you know what I mean.

Theres so many different directions we can go with this now that we got the first one out of the way. I still think keeping it simple for this first one really helped. @Sean Renon and @todally_lit both are complete PCars noobs with Sean just buying it 2 days ago. Racing on a pad no less. They both did great for their first go around. You can imagine how ugly it would've been if we had to deal with pitstops and pit setups. By the time we run the second one I'm hoping most everyone will have a good amount of PCars xp under their belt and we can throw in some real racing conditions. Weather, pit stops, pit strategies, etc.

We are pretty limited to what we can use in Spurt as you guys know, so feel free to spoil us when you come up with the next PCars combos. The vintage Lotus's at Spa historic layout come to mind. And SNAIL can come up with something exclusive to Sport, there are a few tracks in the game which PCars doesnt have. Whatever we decide to do we'll make sure everything gets announced in advance so everyone has an opportunity to practice and know the combos.

Yeah we figured by the time the Spurt races were ran it'd be past most of your bed times and we could deliver the death blow. But honestly I did it just so we could all greet eachother in the beginning of the night since PCars has voice comm in the lobbies. If we start with Sport, we cant really talk with eachother since theres only 8 to a party. I guess we'll just have to text in-game. But thats fine, we can do Sport first next time.

My race recap:

Race 1:

Right out of the gate Lobanaro showed their dominance in PCars by almost clean sweeping the top 5 positions in qualification. I had a poor qually attempt and invalidated my "current and next lap" by getting a penalty through the chicane so I was stuck starting 8th.

View attachment 795543

No surprises Race 1. Lobanaro pulled away at the start and jw and I tried to salvage some points and stay in the top 6. I got a run on jw to try and make my way towards the front. I screwed the pooch and lost it early the next lap.

Now I found myself behind 'Slowban' who did not do me any favors and was not going to let me pass easily. Mike really put the squeeze on me.

From Mike's perspective. But lets hear Mike's commentary a few turns before this. Hermipoop? :lol::lol::lol:

Race 2:

Rednose and I stole the top 2 qually spots and for the most part ran away with the race. This ended up playing a big part for the overall win on the night.

View attachment 795545

As co-captain for Team Lobanaro, Mike's race strategy was simple enough :lol::

Race 2 start:

Not many highlights for this one. Smooth sailing to the checkered

Race 3:

Finally GT Sport! Our bread and butter. Team Lobanaro was ahead 15 points going into this round. We were confident we kept it close enough to take the overall win.

Just as we started the race the room went caput. Jw's internet blew up and it locked up the room. I'm thinking to myself great...we get enough grief about Spurt to being with and now that we finally have a chance to show it off the game goes haywire. I can only imagine the wisecracks Lobanaro were saying in their party chat. But lets not forget, Mike also had to re-make the room for PBugs as well. So both games are tied 1-1 in that regard.

Race 3 start:
https://youtu.be/zgknCVeV5HI?t=2083

I had a great battle with Robbie most of the race. The fact that he doesnt really play Sport that much and was able to keep up like he did really impressed me. You've got a spot waiting for you in D1 Robbie!

Race 4:

SNAIL has now crept out to a lead and we were ready to seal the deal.

Race 4 start:
https://youtu.be/zgknCVeV5HI?t=4268

Poor Robbie was surrounded by a sea of SNAILS. We used all kinds of teamwork for this race and worked out wonderfully. This entire race is worth a watch as there was some clean exciting racing up front by everyone.

Stay tuned for details on Event #2. I'll update the OP with the current points standings and Series record. We can keep a running tally for the points.

Remember those that didnt compete in the first event will have an automatic entry for the next one. Myself Rednose Mike and Aero are all captains so we are locked in.

Event #2:

TEAM SNAIL:
1. @SAMHAIN85
2. @Rednose58
3. @JLBowler
4. @Rob Brown
5. @Jw_wk1010 (he dc/d)
6. @TexasJDC

TEAM LOBANARO:
1. @aerolite
2. @Mike Lobban
3. @Lessen

And the reserve list played a big part in the event. With Bowler and Rob dropping out for us we were scrambling for replacements and luckily fielded a full grid. And then with jw disconnecting - @TexasJDC was on stand-by and was able to join our room within seconds. Big thanks Tex - you're in for the next one.

So even though you may not be on the entry list, theres still a chance your number will be called on race night.

Cheers guys. Hope to see some of you in Spurt in the future. I know a few of the SNAIL guys will now be seen more and more in PCars

No worries man glad I could join and help out

Glad to see this event went off so smoothly! Based on the posts, it sounds like the racing was good and there were minimal issues. Shout out to @SAMHAIN85 for conceptualizing and executing this really complex event from start to finish. Has something like this ever been done as a sim racing event before?

Also, congrats to the "spurters"! As promised here, each of you get a 6" die cut SNAIL decal in white or black. Just send me a PM with your complete mailing address along with which color decal you want.

What are the Lobanaro's doing on Sunday nights anyway? Now that you have Spurt you can just as well join up (by reading the first post) and make good use of the money you spent. Since we don't tune you only need about 5-10 laps in each combo to work out the brake points and turn-in points and you good to go. I know it is a late night for the easterners starting at 9:30 pm, but it is usually (:D) going smooth....

Team SNAIL has been partying non-stop since we beat Lobanaro, and now that were out of booze and sober its time to start thinking about Event #2.

I put in a placeholder date of Friday March 29th and we'll go from there. Remember if you didnt get a chance to compete in Event #1 you'll have a spot for this one.

We'll get a little more creative this time and we wont have to use the same tracks for both games. SNAIL will come up with 2 combos of their choice and Lobanaro will as well. Fuel consumption, tire wear, weather, all of that stuff is on the table for this go around. We'll just need combos to be announced in advance so everyone can practice them and under the correct race conditions.

Invites (and anyone else who I didnt tag. I'm just copying this from first post)

Team SNAIL:

@Neutty @Nicktune @src_ej6 @Sean Renon @todally_lit @GTPvw_slc @Zalcecan @spidermonkey @MikeGrove @luke norris @llNovall @Whitey093 @MSgtGunny@nmcp1 @Grandpa Money @Rednose58 @thracerviewr @Rob Brown @soundtiger95
@DublDee @RacingOtaku86 @USERID_77a23 @Jw_wk1010 @FREEREVN @abm89 @Sbaquedano @Mully465 @Oshawa-Joe @HxAxDxExZ @Harry Rowley @Slydewayz43 @CoachMK21 @MajorBlixem @TomMang_68 @TEX36 @Raw10_2u@Kgffy @N38824r @THRASH @Herimopp89 @Shotgungho @stelephant @Bologna_Duc @TheSlowOne @McTrucker @Rogue Clone @AdamK3190 @Tiger_DB25 @JLBowler @racingchamp30 @Alexrider007 @gulfvet67 @Skills @TexasJDC @JamCar0ne @diehard racer @Nick Cannella @thorracing @basswerks1@vsfit @Tecticles @Lean_22_YT @ChauncyMarsh @Die_Birdy_Die

Team Lobanaro:

@Mike Lobban @aerolite @Alex ONeill@CB_racer @coltsjugg @davidt33@Gr8_Lakes @GTLehman@GUTTERBOY3007 @Hanable @SGETI@sgohsixthree @Schmiggz @The__Camel@Xradkins @yogi bear @dret7277 @HOBBZ@2pfspiff @bigtimedave @RobbiefromBC@Rvgracer @Zii1993

Who can do March 29th? The BOBs on team Lobanaro requested we start earlier (lobby open at 8:30EST / 1st race 9PM EST?) They also want to run the Spurt combos first.

Last edited:
Date is good for me,Time is fine,I like the idea of letting each team pick combos for their platform.Time for the Livery contest to start! I suggest starting a thread with a vote embedded,where those who wish to participate can post pics of their liveries to be judged by SNAIL members.Let's get Ready to rumble!

I would like to race again - I embarrassed myself on PC2 - but I will gladly step back and allow a first time participator to represent SNAIL.

My vote for Snail combo's is as follows.

Autodromo Maggiorre in a VGT group 1 car (a GT:Sport exclusive track with GT:Sport exclusive cars), maybe the Audi VGT gr.1 because Audi actually made a real life version.

For the second combo I think we should try the tried and true survivor series car and combo.
St.Croix (can't remember the variant name) in the Toyota SFR.

This would mean both our combo's are on GT:Sport exclusive tracks and GT:Sport exclusive vision cars - both are drastically different, and both are a lot of fun. We didn't use group 1's the first time around, so introducing the gr.1 cars to those PC 2 noobs who can't handle real speed would be a big advantage for us.

The only downside is the large cost to the Audi VGT or group 1's in general - but over a month away should be long enough to farm 1mil credits.

And so it begins :lol:

I mean we stuck them in a gr.3 car (an easy one at that) and all but 1 of them was at the rear of the pack.
Put them in a gr.1 car and let them suffer, they're not going to go easy on us with pit stops and tire settings etc.

Team SNAIL has been partying non-stop since we beat Lobanaro, and now that were out of booze and sober its time to start thinking about Event #2.

I put in a placeholder date of Friday March 29th and we'll go from there. Remember if you didnt get a chance to compete in Event #1 you'll have a spot for this one.

We'll get a little more creative this time and we wont have to use the same tracks for both games. SNAIL will come up with 2 combos of their choice and Lobanaro will as well. Fuel consumption, tire wear, weather, all of that stuff is on the table for this go around. We'll just need combos to be announced in advance so everyone can practice them and under the correct race conditions.

Invites (and anyone else who I didnt tag. I'm just copying this from first post)

Team SNAIL:

@Neutty @Nicktune @src_ej6 @Sean Renon @todally_lit @GTPvw_slc @Zalcecan @spidermonkey @MikeGrove @luke norris @llNovall @Whitey093 @MSgtGunny@nmcp1 @Grandpa Money @Rednose58 @thracerviewr @Rob Brown @soundtiger95
@DublDee @RacingOtaku86 @USERID_77a23 @Jw_wk1010 @FREEREVN @abm89 @Sbaquedano @Mully465 @Oshawa-Joe @HxAxDxExZ @Harry Rowley @Slydewayz43 @CoachMK21 @MajorBlixem @TomMang_68 @TEX36 @Raw10_2u@Kgffy @N38824r @THRASH @Herimopp89 @Shotgungho @stelephant @Bologna_Duc @TheSlowOne @McTrucker @Rogue Clone @AdamK3190 @Tiger_DB25 @JLBowler @racingchamp30 @Alexrider007 @gulfvet67 @Skills @TexasJDC @JamCar0ne @diehard racer @Nick Cannella @thorracing @basswerks1@vsfit @Tecticles @Lean_22_YT @ChauncyMarsh @Die_Birdy_Die

Team Lobanaro:

@Mike Lobban @aerolite @Alex ONeill@CB_racer @coltsjugg @davidt33@Gr8_Lakes @GTLehman@GUTTERBOY3007 @Hanable @SGETI@sgohsixthree @Schmiggz @The__Camel@Xradkins @yogi bear @dret7277 @HOBBZ@2pfspiff @bigtimedave @RobbiefromBC@Rvgracer @Zii1993

Who can do March 29th? The BOBs on team Lobanaro requested we start earlier (lobby open at 8:30EST / 1st race 9PM EST?) They also want to run the Spurt combos first.

Pass. My weekday evenings are going to be spent at work from the beginning of March to June and I will not have the time to race. Thanks for the invite though.

I’ll be an alternate. Had fun last time but would prefer to get some new blood out on track this time. The night of the race I’ll be online ready to step in for someone of needed.

The rain changes the game alot iv ran some races in the rain and it's a whole different ball game but at the same time very fun and unique

Sounds good. There are a few names in the post that didn't light up - so those guys didn't get the notification.

Maybe add @MajorBlixem too.

Who am I racing for this time?

If lobanaro needs a driver I'd be willing to go over and lend my services...not saying I'm jumping ship on my fellow snail drivers...

If lobanaro needs a driver I'd be willing to go over and lend my services...not saying I'm jumping ship on my fellow snail drivers...
Since there are fewer drivers in Lobanaro than SNAIL, maybe we leave it up to Lobanaro guys to call upon us if they get in a pinch for racers? What are the thoughts from chiefs on both sides?

Back