SNAIL vs Lobanaro [Rivals Event]

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 373 comments
In the Sport combos please leave your brake balance set to 0 as this is spec racing where we all are running with the same settings.
Wow :eek:. Even the Brake Balance is to be set to 0 - 0 on the GTS Race? Is this the way all of the races on GTS with Snail are?

I haven't checked recently, nor do I remember how the car behaved the last time I drove it but, it may be interesting not being able to tinker with the Brake Balance driving the A 110 :).

Wow :eek:. Even the Brake Balance is to be set to 0 - 0 on the GTS Race? Is this the way all of the races on GTS with Snail are?

Yes sir. Taken directly from SNAIL's OLR:

Tuning Prohibited in SNAIL means that you are not allowed to do anything to the car that changes it's performance in any way, shape, or form.

Below is a list of what you are allowed, or required, to do:

1. Change tires (may be required depending on the car)
2. Change wheels. Different sizes are acceptable.
3. Change the appearance of the car using the livery editor.

You may not adjust any other setting or replace / upgrade any other part of the car. If what you are thinking about doing to you car is not in the above list, don't do it. Only the 3 items listed above are allowed under SNAIL rules.

Unfortunately there isnt a lobby setting to prohibit it from being adjusted. So we just have to show some good sportsmanship and leave it alone. And victory will taste that much sweeter knowing you won in a "legal" car rather than one that had been modified.

I try to make it a point when I stream Sunday nights to scroll through my HUD to show that I have BB set to 0. Thats the only real way to prove it.

It looks like Lobanaro got a makeover and now has a new series logo. Looks great @sgohsixthree - I'll update it in the OP. Maybe someone can import this picture to the GTS servers so when @Raw10_2u or whoever does Lobanaro's GTS liveries you guys can be rocking the logo on all your cars.

Last edited:
Yes sir. Taken directly from SNAIL's OLR:

Tuning Prohibited in SNAIL means that you are not allowed to do anything to the car that changes it's performance in any way, shape, or form.

Below is a list of what you are allowed, or required, to do:

1. Change tires (may be required depending on the car)
2. Change wheels. Different sizes are acceptable.
3. Change the appearance of the car using the livery editor.

You may not adjust any other setting or replace / upgrade any other part of the car. If what you are thinking about doing to you car is not in the above list, don't do it. Only the 3 items listed above are allowed under SNAIL rules.

Unfortunately there isnt a lobby setting to prohibit it from being adjusted. So we just have to show some good sportsmanship and leave it alone. And victory will taste that much sweeter knowing you won in a "legal" car rather than one that had been modified.

I try to make it a point when I stream Sunday nights to scroll through my HUD to show that I have BB set to 0. Thats the only real way to prove it.

It looks like Lobanaro got a makeover and now has a new series logo. Looks great @sgohsixthree - I'll update it in the OP. Maybe someone can import this picture to the GTS servers so when @Raw10_2u or whoever does Lobanaro's GTS liveries you guys can be rocking the logo on all your cars.

Liveries are pretty much finished, should be posting them soon.

Since the Lobbanaro's are running their own liveries,we now have a choice with the SNAIL Liveries either black or white if the Team decides to use the ones I made.I messed up and created liveries for the Alpha 4C forgetting that it was changed to the A110 Alpine.I will get a livery up for it ASAP.

Since the Lobbanaro's are running their own liveries,we now have a choice with the SNAIL Liveries either black or white if the Team decides to use the ones I made.

Raw you are officially named Team SNAIL's Livery Designer for Event #1. Get on it boss. We'll run with whatever you can come up with. Thanks for taking the time.

As far as colors - like it was mentioned by you, lightside vs darkside would be pretty cool since PCars has always been referenced as the latter. Are you guys good with running black and us running white @aerolite ? And let me know if you guys want to use that yellow/black livery for the BMW in the OP. If you dont let me know what to change it to.

Maybe for future events we will hold a SNAIL Livery contest. Whichever livery gets the most votes is what Team SNAIL uses. And the designer can win a few $hells for coming up with it.

Yea, darker vs lighter is good, I’ll confirm our 2002 colours, I just threw the yellow and black one up there, but we will stay darker regardless.
Our Spurt cars are black, yellow and purple, so if you went with the lighter one that Raw did they would contrast well.
Sure do wish we had a livery editor in PCars console (they do for PC), it is cool to be able to race your own design and number!
A week tomorrow, I’d best start practicing the Spurtmobile’s! I think this is going to be a great night 👍

As far as qualy goes in GT, I know you guys do some strange things in regard to it? Is there any specifics we should know, we are going to do a practice race soon so some tips for the qualifying would help, room set up ect? Tks.

Last edited:
Here is our official livery for the Stanceworks, a little darker then the yellow.

official colour.jpeg

As far as qualy goes in GT, I know you guys do some strange things in regard to it? Is there any specifics we should know, we are going to do a practice race soon so some tips for the qualifying would help, room set up ect? Tks.

For this event we will have a 10min qually session for each combo. Since Sport doesn't have a qualifying mode we'll just qualify on an open track for 10mins. We'll announce in the in-game chat when it starts and when it ends (you may finish your current lap) Then we'll start the race since Sport will a have us in order based on our lap times.

The only thing you need to worry about while qualifying is penalties. If you have a penalty you must serve it before starting a flying lap. If you dont serve it then that flying lap will be invalidated.

I'll be sure to come up with a simple guidelines post in the OP to remind people about qualifying and racing etiquette as well. And nice livery. I will find it in-game and screenshot to match the format of ours in the OP

You guys are good with the black Porsche right?

Here are the teams for Event #1 which I've updated in OP:

TEAM SNAIL (GT Sport)
Entries:

Ranking = 18

Reserves:
@todally_lit
@Sean Renon
@FREEREVN

Team Lobanaro (PCars)
Entries:

Ranking = 15

Reserves:
@Lessen
@knuklefunk
@ONESPACE

Lower the Ranking # = the better team on paper. Lobanaro has the slight edge for this first event - but SNAIL isnt too worried about it. We figure youll need all the help you can get :)

Once I confirm with @aerolite that the liveries I see in the recent activity page in Spurt are the liveries you guys will be using, I'll update them in the OP. They look awesome!

[/QUOTE]. Once I confirm with @aerolite that the liveries I see in the recent activity page in Spurt are the liveries you guys will be using, I'll update them in the OP. They look awesome![/QUOTE]

Yes, the Alpine you see that Robbie did with the new logo on the side is the finished one. And the one that Shaun did that is black, yellow and purple with new logo on it is the finished one as well.
A few posts above is the new colour for the Stanceworks.

The games are so very different. I’m not sure who will win but it is just so cool that we are coming together for one night in both games. Sim racing (“sim”) is so very niche as it is and collaboration and crossover can only help us all. Are we streaming this? Someone give kaz and Ian a shout. Worlds are collinding and it’s going to be awesome!

I know I'm sure this whole thread will be jam backed with streams going on because I know I will be

The games are so very different. I’m not sure who will win but it is just so cool that we are coming together for one night in both games. Sim racing (“sim”) is so very niche as it is and collaboration and crossover can only help us all. Are we streaming this? Someone give kaz and Ian a shout. Worlds are collinding and it’s going to be awesome!

@SAMHAIN85
Looks like life has happened to me. My son’s basketball team has advanced in regional playoffs and plays Friday night. I never expected my Friday night plans could get trumped. If they played a half hour earlier, I could have made it work. As it stands, I won’t be able to be on time which means I should ask for my spot to be filled with an alternate. Very sorry. Very disappointed too.

@SAMHAIN85
Looks like life has happened to me. My son’s basketball team has advanced in regional playoffs and plays Friday night. I never expected my Friday night plans could get trumped. If they played a half hour earlier, I could have made it work. As it stands, I won’t be able to be on time which means I should ask for my spot to be filled with an alternate. Very sorry. Very disappointed too.
Good luck to them !!!!!!

No worries Rob. This is why its good to have backups for when life gets in the way. SNAIL's current lineup is looking like this now:

TEAM SNAIL (GT Sport)
Entries:

1. @SAMHAIN85 (D1)
  2. @Rednose58 (D2)
  3. @Whitey093 (D2)
  4. @Herimopp89 (D3)
  5. @Jw_wk1010 (D2)
  6. @Raw10_2u (D3)
  7. @Sean Renon (D1)

Reserves:
@todally_lit (D1)
@TexasJDC (D4)
@FREEREVN (D2)

With Bowler and Rob now out - they will be locked in for Event #2 whenever that may be run.
So we need one more do we take a chance on lit or do we run texas

:gtpflag:Race Day :gtpflag:
Copyright @aerolite

Its finally here boys!

@Mike Lobban will have the PCars lobby up at 8:50EST. Everyone can use the in-game chat until we start qually, then we can hop into parties. You have until 9:20 to get in the room.

I'll let Lobanaro decide which combo we run first. Remember to use the correct liveries for each car, and dont forget to download the Spurt liveries.

Read the OP again for some updated info. @Rednose58 created a score sheet for us which will be updated live. Mike and Steve have access to it so they can relay you guys the current standings.

If you have any questions just post here. And lets get a bunch of streams going for this. I know the majority of team SNAIL will have theirs going.

No doubt this will be competitive, but it should be tons of fun as well. Dont forget that. If anyone is caught driving dirty they wont be welcome back in the future. You guys all know the drill - take someone out and you give back that position. No ones going to nitpick penalties after the race, but if something is found to be an extremely blatant foul after the races then penalties might be enforced. Lets not go there. Show up. Race hard. Have a few beers. Enjoy competing against some old and new friends. Have fun.

See you guys tonight

TEAM SNAIL (GT Sport)
Entries:

@SAMHAIN85 (D1)
@Rednose58 (D2)
@Whitey093 (D2)
@Herimopp89 (D3)
@Jw_wk1010 (D2)
@Raw10_2u (D3)
@Sean Renon (D1)
@todally_lit (D1)

Reserves: