Sneak Peak : Course Maker?

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 252 comments
It's longer than the Nurburgring. I wonder how long one lap is going to take.
The Nordschleife is about 21 km and has a lot of slow and challenging corners, this one will be 27 km but I dont think there will be so many slow/challenging corners, therefore I would say it would take a little bit more than the Nordschleife or similar.

Edit: but the Nordschleife has some fast parts too, I dont know... Yeah I suppose the new one will take a bit more time to lap.

I'm still waiting for a circuit that is a Full Marathon long; 42km.
But Zahara has a lot of potential and I can not wait for it to debut in consoles.

If we're going to keep going big with the new courses I want the Isle of Man course!! (That would need to include bikes too so please get started on this Kaz! :sly: jk)

I have to admit I'm a little sad this turned out to not be the course creator.. I'm so glad we're getting a new track but mannnn I want that course creator.. :(

Lol.

I cant wait for the full details to come to light about this sodding thing.

You mentioning the TT got me thinking. (I'm pretty sure there is a thread for it in the suggestions) I want Dundrod, home of the Ulster GP.

Motorbike road racing yes, but the fastest motorbike Road racing circuit in the world. 👍

Should really put a suggestions thread up.

Well I imagine this has already been said. If not, maybe I'm just a little nuts. Maybe people just haven't though to notice but...

I really really hate how perfect the roads are on this new track - same as all of the old course creator tracks, some of the original GT tracks and especially the GT5 tarmac rally tracks.

Look at all of the tracks that were created from real world locations, for example Nurburgring or Bathurst. There are lots of imperfections, undulations, bumps, cracks, sketchy curbs, unequal width of the road... it looks real and gives the courses character. Even original favorites like Trial Mountain and Deep Forest have plenty of character to them to make them interesting.

Looking at this new track, I CAN NOT IMAGINE driving 27km of that completely characterless, pristine ribbon of asphalt without falling asleep. Take a look at what the real roads in that alleged region look like. Like a WRC tarmac rally road. Crazy, narrow, hair raising and fun.

Course maker will likely give us the option to control the width of the track (God help us if they take that away) ... it should also allow us to adjust the road quality for a sector, or even smaller sub-sections of a sector. I'm sure they can come up with some algorithms to splash some rough asphalt and random bumps and undulations here and there.

Sorry for taking a giant dump on the thread, it's just this video is such a huge disappointment vs. what I imagined when I thought "27km loop through the hills and mountains of the old world." It looks like a some super boring F1 circuit from Saudi Arabia or something was grafted into the Spanish countryside. No good.

Well I imagine this has already been said. If not, maybe I'm just a little nuts. Maybe people just haven't though to notice but...

I really really hate how perfect the roads are on this new track - same as all of the old course creator tracks, some of the original GT tracks and especially the GT5 tarmac rally tracks.

Look at all of the tracks that were created from real world locations, for example Nurburgring or Bathurst. There are lots of imperfections, undulations, bumps, cracks, sketchy curbs, unequal width of the road... it looks real and gives the courses character. Even original favorites like Trial Mountain and Deep Forest have plenty of character to them to make them interesting.

Looking at this new track, I CAN NOT IMAGINE driving 27km of that completely characterless, pristine ribbon of asphalt without falling asleep. Take a look at what the real roads in that alleged region look like. Like a WRC tarmac rally road. Crazy, narrow, hair raising and fun.

Course maker will likely give us the option to control the width of the track (God help us if they take that away) ... it should also allow us to adjust the road quality for a sector, or even smaller sub-sections of a sector. I'm sure they can come up with some algorithms to splash some rough asphalt and random bumps and undulations here and there.

Sorry for taking a giant dump on the thread, it's just this video is such a huge disappointment vs. what I imagined when I thought "27km loop through the hills and mountains of the old world." It looks like a some super boring F1 circuit from Saudi Arabia or something was grafted into the Spanish countryside. No good.

As you said, without some character in it, it could end up being just another boring course creator track with better scenery relative to GT5. 27 km of butter smooth track with mostly constant, relatively large radius corners will be fun to drive for a lap and that's about it. Let's hope they made some effort to throw in a few corners that are somewhat challenging beyond negative cambered ones and those over a rise like the old course creator, along with some undulations in the road surface.

As you said, without some character in it, it could end up being just another boring course creator track with better scenery relative to GT5. 27 km of butter smooth track with mostly constant, relatively large radius corners will be fun to drive for a lap and that's about it. Let's hope they made some effort to throw in a few corners that are somewhat challenging beyond negative cambered ones and those over a rise like the old course creator, along with some undulations in the road surface.

It's good to see I'm not alone on that. I really wouldn't care much since there are so many excellent tracks in GT6 and I never got too into course creator in GT5. But I got my hopes up (probably too high) with ideas for making courses with GPS tracks and I see this kind of layout utterly destroying their fun-factor. You hit the nail on the head.. those off camber, blind turns get old FAST :crazy:

At any rate, it's nice to see some variety in the scenery. PD likes to take baby steps.

I think this is a "real-world" track made form the Zahara roadways so it might me a little bit smooth on some parts, don't worry too much, we only saw 2 minutes worth of footage.

if i remember correctly once you had created a course on GT5 and used it in arcade you could set the grids to standing starts??!

i hope you can do this again, just strange why you couldnt change this on the standard tracks.

Can anyone tell where Nurburgring appears for the first time...consoles...pc...
If you mean what game had it first, I think that would be Grand Prix Legends.
Nope. It was an arcade game called "Nuerburgring" written by Dr. Rainer Foerst. In 1975 - predating Atari's Night Driver by several months as the first "3D" driving game.

Not that it's relevant to the thread.

I just hope that what ever happens with the course creator, we can direct track, instead of generate.

Imagine if you could have some point to point races over 40k's long...like a mini cannonball run lol

Nope. It was an arcade game called "Nuerburgring" written by Dr. Rainer Foerst. In 1975 - predating Atari's Night Driver by several months as the first "3D" driving game.

Not that it's relevant to the thread.
As far as I can tell, that game was only called that way, you did not actually drive the Nordschleiffe.

I just hope that what ever happens with the course creator, we can direct track, instead of generate.

Imagine if you could have some point to point races over 40k's long...like a mini cannonball run lol
Judging by what we've been told so far, we should have quite a lot of control over the track. I think we will be allowed to freely create tracks (within some limits of course)

As far as I can tell, that game was only called that way, you did not actually drive the Nordschleiffe.
Nope. The track in the game was the Nordschleife - though you wouldn't readily recognise it as such. I can't recall if it was a just a section of it or not.

Back