Sneak Peak : Course Maker?

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 252 comments
did they actually mention or showed anything about senna? everyone is talking about the track no one mentioned anything about senna

I'm sorry, I may have gone slightly off track there. This is what happened.

Love the scenery, it would be nice if the course maker could make tracks of that quality, we'll just have to wait and see.

Is this an official GT6 music track by the way? I liked it a lot.

To which I indicated...

That's the intro song for the game. Kinda hard to miss it as you hear it on the intro and it's part of the race background music by default.

And that led to...

I never stuck around too long on the intro.

Fair enough. It's easy to miss if you skip the generic intro that follows the beautiful Senna feature. And also if you use your own background music or turn it off altogether.

Like in GT5, the intro is split into two parts. The first part is slow, with real footage and some smooth piano music. The second part shows ingame cars racing pass with a more vibrant music.
If you watch the intro, you will notice that the first part of the GT6 intro is featuring Senna's kart track, his school association, and interviews with people related to him. That is followed by car designers and working on the Corvette . And at the very end of we get a flash of Senna getting inside what is possibly a Lotus F1 car.

By this point I have gone out of topic long enough. I didn't want to get into much detail like I did now, thus creating yet another unnecessary off topic post. So I tried to get back on track by saying this:

As for the curse maker, if it's anything like the video, I'm happy.
The one thing that bothered me in GT5 was the backgrounds. This seems to have a lot going on. Filling the screen with trees and mountain sides. Love it.

Maybe, just maybe, the fact that the new course creator is confirmed to include a feature to capture real world Road data, and import it into the game.

I'm not sure what's so far fetched about the idea.

It seems quite obvious to me, given all that has been posted in various places.

It's also great advertising hype.

"look at this beautiful new track! "

" oh Yeh we made it with the new track maker! "

" oh, and did we forget to mention it's from gps data? "

In the mean time your telling all the forza fan boys that your currently driving a real Road in Spain, and next week you will have imported the local ring Road and you will be lapping it in a 1000bhp Nissan gtr.

Makes sense to me:D:gtpflag:

Uhm, do you know how a GPS works?

Gee, I remember Toscona being used in the Course maker, and that was from the real world as well. Nice attempt though. :sly:

Toscana was a theme environment. It did not have landmarks like lakes, cities and mountain and did not copy 1:1 any location on Earth. Nice try though.

You people reason the same way as religious fanatics. NO ONE said anything about course creator when showing the track. They said - hey look a new track. YOU decided it is the course creator for which there is no proof. Still you are happy to argue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toscana was a theme environment. It did not have landmarks like lakes, cities and mountain and did not copy 1:1 any location on Earth. Nice try though.

You people reason the same way as religious fanatics. NO ONE said anything about course creator when showing the track. They said - hey look a new track. YOU decided it is the course creator for which there is no proof. Still you are happy to argue.
I agree entirely.

All I have said is my opinion.

I haven't stated anything as fact.

I personally also haven't mentioned toscana.

So you don't think, if PD used background views from real locations, they might not drive a local road, and import it into the game?

Really sound that ridiculous?

I do know how GPS works thanks, I'm fully aware of its limitations, I have been testing out various gps tracking apps for a good year or so.

Am I not allowed to have an idea about something?

I'm an optimist, have fun with life, Mr glass half full.

Just for the record, I'm an atheist.

How is GPS logger going to make that backdrop?

It's not. See above.

Except that during the announcements for GT6 it was said by Sony that the area around Ronda would be a course maker location (see for instance https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-launch-party-announced/).

The town in the teaser video has been identified as Zahara, which is not far from Ronda. Combine these facts and it's not such a far stretch at all.

I agree entirely.

All I have said is my opinion.

I haven't stated anything as fact.

I personally also haven't mentioned toscana.

So you don't think, if PD used background views from real locations, they might not drive a local road, and import it into the game?

Really sound that ridiculous?

I do know how GPS works thanks, I'm fully aware of its limitations, I have been testing out various gps tracking apps for a good year or so.

Am I not allowed to have an idea about something?

I'm an optimist, have fun with life, Mr glass half full.

Just for the record, I'm an atheist.

It's not. See above.
Well I think generally it is not impossible, but it is too much for PD. Also I think there is not much sense in modeling a specific terrain with landmarks and try and use that for different courses. The most limiting part is the lake-the road is circling the lake, there is not much room for playing with the course path. You could have different courses in the same environment if you have a large flat plane in the middle and then create different shapes there.

Except that during the announcements for GT6 it was said by Sony that the area around Ronda would be a course maker location (see for instance https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-launch-party-announced/).

The town in the teaser video has been identified as Zahara, which is not far from Ronda. Combine these facts and it's not such a far stretch at all.

The track replicates real world, how is that linked to procedurally generated tracks?

Well I think generally it is not impossible, but it is too much for PD. Also I think there is not much sense in modeling a specific terrain with landmarks and try and use that for different courses. The most limiting part is the lake-the road is circling the lake, there is not much room for playing with the course path. You could have different courses in the same environment if you have a large flat plane in the middle and then create different shapes there.
4513349368_ed77859c91_z.jpg

Again, I agree entirely.

But, just because you think it's beyond PD, doesn't mean it is.

The lake might be programmed to follow the track edge... Therefore every track would have a lake infield (again, just an idea)

The environment doesn't have to be fixed .

I don't think the environment in GT5 Course creator was fixed... You wouldn't be able to turn one track with flat corners, into the banked madness that occurred when you cracked the corner camber up.

The terrain had to adapt around the road, I'm not a programming Dev, but as I say, it doesn't seem too far fetched in my head.

I'll say it again.

This is all my opinion.

I THINK it could be related to a gps course creator.

I COULD be completely wrong.

I'm slightly confused as to what your getting at Famine?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was reading this thread a few days ago and everybody was talking about something happening today / tomorrow in regards to PD and this track, an event or something where they will disclose information. Am I imagining things?

I was reading this thread a few days ago and everybody was talking about something happening today / tomorrow in regards to PD and this track, an event or something where they will disclose information. Am I imagining things?

Maybe you confused it with the Taipei Game Show? There were supposed to be new info released regarding GT6. We should keep an eye out for the news tab.

Again, I agree entirely.

But, just because you think it's beyond PD, doesn't mean it is.

The lake might be programmed to follow the track edge... Therefore every track would have a lake infield (again, just an idea)

The environment doesn't have to be fixed .

I don't think the environment in GT5 Course creator was fixed... You wouldn't be able to turn one track with flat corners, into the banked madness that occurred when you cracked the corner camber up.

The terrain had to adapt around the road, I'm not a programming Dev, but as I say, it doesn't seem too far fetched in my head.

I'll say it again.

This is all my opinion.

I THINK it could be related to a gps course creator.

I COULD be completely wrong.

I'm slightly confused as to what your getting at Famine?
All you are saying is possible. It is my personal opinion PD can't pull it out. I hope I am proven wrong.

I think given what wardez said, that it is the course maker, with the gps feature utilised to recreate a real Road near ronda.

So anyone who thinks it's the course maker is correct.

And anyone who thinks it's to do with gps is correct.

And anyone who thinks it's a real Road is correct.

If this is true ... greatest racing game of all time?

Sorry, would you like to point me to exactly where it says that this is not track editor?

Would you like to point me to exactly where the are Any real details about this? Apart from the fact we will 'learn more in February'.
"A new track is coming for Gran Turismo 6, set to be released some time in February."- Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with a course maker to me...

If this is true ... greatest racing game of all time?
Fingers crossed mate.

"A new track is coming for Gran Turismo 6, set to be released some time in February."- Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with a course maker to me...

Read between the lines my friend.

Of all the real world locations we have, we only have real race tracks, and city tracks specifically converted to race tracks.

As we know, a lot of the 'original' tracks take inspiration from real world locations.

I have no doubt that it will be released as a track on its own first.

But... Will it be an 'original' track (something PD has designed) or will it be something else.

Alot of people have commented on how certain track features are very course creator esque. Most original tracks have a lot of character, something people say custom tracks can lack due to the way the tool works.

I like to take information and interpret it. Rather than take it exactly as Its given.
Granted, this means I will mostly be wrong about things, but I might just hit the nail on the head aswell.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed mate.

Read between the lines my friend.

Of all the real world locations we have, we only have real race tracks, and city tracks specifically converted to race tracks.

As we know, a lot of the 'original' tracks take inspiration from real world locations.

I have no doubt that it will be released as a track on its own first.

But... Will it be an 'original' track (something PD has designed) or will it be something else.

Alot of people have commented on how certain track features are very course creator esque. Most original tracks have a lot of character, something people say custom tracks can lack due to the way the tool works.

I like to take information and interpret it. Rather than take it exactly as Its given.
Granted, this means I will mostly be wrong about things, but I might just hit the nail on the head aswell.
Dreaming is free.
The most realistic it can get IMO is if they take the data from Google

Happy to argue for what? :rolleyes: Back up dude. Just because Toscana was a theme, doesn't mean Ronda can't be a theme either. So YOU nice try at assuming I was arguing with you and I like arguing, when I really wasn't and dislike arguing with others...
No one said Ronda wasn't a theme.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Take the GPS coordinates and map it using google maps; then create the track based in the google map pictures. This way it can look like the actual toads your're driving instead of some generic landscape.
But I'm also dreaming.

Take the GPS coordinates and map it using google maps; then create the track based in the google map pictures. This way it can look like the actual toads your're driving instead of some generic landscape.
But I'm also dreaming.
Ah, I see.

To be honest, I'm not fussed about the imported track looking like real life... That's very farfetched, and I don't think you could do it with Street view images.

As long as I can tell it's the same road (corners, elevation, length of straights etc) I'll be happy.

But... I have been experimenting with a few gps tracking apps, and sometimes I get wierd results at corners. I have a feeling that this is to do with the current (outdated) public gps system. We might have to record the run a few times to get an accurate recording.

Either that, or a way to edit the captured data where you know it's gone a bit funny.

I've noticed you have to drive the route staying in the middle of the road(as much as possible ), if your clipping apex's, the route recorded will have straightened corners, and your in game rendition will be inaccurate, and much faster than the real world counterpart.

Back