So, about that course creator.

• Thread starter interpunct
  • 831 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be blunt: saying something, being as direct as possible within any given circumstances yields the exact same amount of ignorance gossip as it would if we had said nothing at all. You cite my exact post telling people not to focus on what's happening now, only to then be ignored all the while pretending as if we're purposely misleading anyone for our own amusement.

Jordan said not to expect Gran Turismo 7 at E3 even before the event kicked off, only to be ignored not even five posts later, only to then repeat it, this time being a bit more direct, only to still be ignored resulting in people being disappointed for absolutely no reason?

So don't attempt to pass blame, even if partial, even if unintentional, onto us.

Oh trust me I'm definitely not one those upset that CM didn't come out yesterday, actually I could care less at this point about that feature... So when it comes yay if not whatevers...

I'm also not trying to shift the blame on the mods nor did I say you guys are getting amused watching us get hyped up. What I did question is whether the post about the maintenance was purposely done to get the community speculating about an update (possibly CM) that wasn't coming to begin with

But, sounds like by your response that I was wrong so I'll take your word for it so my appologies

You have low gaming standards man .

It's almost like if PD promised you a full game and you only received one car and track you'd be like ; " Meh , that's ok . I have my one car . Rest of it will come ._.whenever " .

Low standards of expectation . Why gaming companies thesedays are loving people like yourself my friend 👍
No it's called growing up and not having as much time or motivation to play games anymore. Therefore I don't sit in the GT6 forum all day waiting for the next hype train to roll around. I have other things I could be doing.

Believe me, my gaming standards are quite high, which is why I almost exclusively play GT because everything else out there just doesn't meet my personal expectations. Yes, I have played some of the competitors, and for some reason I keep coming back to GT. I wonder why that is.

Because it's just a game. If you get upset or angry that something didn't happen as you wanted to in a video game, you have problems. It's a game. Not life and limb.

"Something happening" in a game as opposed to the content promised to be "Included" in a game / purchase or whatever are two entirely separate subjects .

Unless of course you buy cars without doors in real life and are happy to wait an undisclosed period of time before your car was finished that is ._._

It's a sad day when people are conditioned to accept less and less from a gaming purchase thesedays , when if it was any other product in the world they would play holy hell with the supplier .

Last edited:
Unless of course you buy cars without doors in real life and are happy to wait an undisclosed period of time before your car was finished that is ._._
Funny when people try to make comparisons like this and they make no sense what so ever.

It's a sad day when people are conditioned to accept less and less from a gaming purchase thesedays , when if it was any other product in the world they would play holy hell with the supplier .
Welcome to gaming in today's world. Where you get a short, buggy release every year followed by DLC items you have to pay extra for. Or in the rare case, free extras with monthly updates which is what we have here.

Funny when people try to make comparisons like this and they make no sense what so ever.

Welcome to gaming in today's world. Where you get a short, buggy release every year followed by DLC items you have to pay extra for. Or in the rare case, free extras with monthly updates which is what we have here.

I think you're unhappy i've hit the nail on the head .

Hope your league goes well 👍

You seem mad.

At least I'm not spreading baseless rumors :P

Fact is, course maker is approaching 2 years late (a feature that was in GT5 btw, as simple as it was) with near complete silence. Any rational person would and has the right to be unhappy with how things have gone so far.

A rational person wouldn't use third person narrative for emotional support.

No reason is a good reason. It's getting ridiculous , and there's no communication whatsoever between fans and PD itself , they are becoming a worse company every year that passes , and that shows on their (lack of) commitment to do stuff
Come over to the Forzaside, it is your destiny :D

So many baseless disappointment.

Justified disappointment. A feature that was "almost ready" at launch, and here we are over a year and a half later without that feature. A feature a lot of people bought the game for ( myself included). I haven't played the game in months, and have no intention of ever going back to it, because it's stale now. Nothing in it interests me anymore, and hasn't for ages. I am disappointed, I won't moan about it constantly, because it is what it is. Piss poor.

this feature will be available this year. I'm sure at 99.99% :D (more precisely, I think between July and September)
Cool, so only two years after it was "almost ready" and everyone that isn't a die hard fan has already moved on to next gen systems and far better games. Good effort PD!

Anyway, we moan, but when the course maker will be there, we'll be on it, all.

I won't, I can guarantee you that. I also know a fair few other people who own the game and won't play it just 'cause of the course maker finally being released. Even if it dropped tomorrow, let alone if it'll be a couple more months away.

It would have been a great addition to a game that was fairly good over a year and a half ago. Today it's just a nice idea for a stale old game on a last gen system that everyone's already had their fill of. Too little, too late.

I'm a bit sad that there wasn't an update, but someone said something either here or at the Playstation forum that gave me pause before I got upset. They said something like "If they need to align the servers for the different layout, then this might be for that."

What I took from it, after a moment's thought was this: PD is Beta testing the share, etc features on the system for that part of the community features to go online. When THAT gets to where they want it, we will get the update that could probably include the CC.

So, for the time being, I am cautiously excited. We shall see.

I'm a bit sad that there wasn't an update, but someone said something either here or at the Playstation forum that gave me pause before I got upset. They said something like "If they need to align the servers for the different layout, then this might be for that."

What I took from it, after a moment's thought was this: PD is Beta testing the share, etc features on the system for that part of the community features to go online. When THAT gets to where they want it, we will get the update that could probably include the CC.

So, for the time being, I am cautiously excited. We shall see.
That would make a lot of sense, it'd be like community features. When they came in, they made quite a few long maintenances and about a week after we got these features + quick match. Sol let's wait and see but PD keeps on showing us that they don't have a patern when it comes to releasing stuff, they don't seem organised at all. :lol:

@Mike_grpA

To clarify, I wasnt talking about how long the holdup of Course Maker. That is justified.

Im talking about some people here actually mad about the last Maintenance for nothing, including Course Maker, even though PD themselves didnt say anything. I would say "Get real, kiddo".

Fair enough, people have been speculating "I reckon it'll be this update, I predict course maker this month" for over a year lol. I just figure they don't have much else to do. I've never been mega pissed about it or anything, just disappointed, because I only really bought it for this and the updated physics over GT5. After seeing the physics were buggy as hell, and not really any better than GT5, just different, I only had the course maker to hold onto for being a big improvement in the GT series. PD have a big job ahead of them to convince me to buy the next one.

If Famine wasn't Famine mods would be threatening him to post a source or get banned for trolling.
Except I am Famine. And also a "mod". Even if you can't reasonably assume that all the staff also know what I know, you can assume that @Jordan does - it's just I'm a far more active poster than Jordan. Neither Jordan nor I habitually post sources when we post news articles on the blog either - shall we band together and threaten Jordan with a ban for trolling, or is it enough that the senior staff of GTPlanet can tell you something about GT6 without it being immediately questioned for veracity?

As for "vague ****"... I've told you that the Course Maker is still coming for GT6 (before Kazunori stated that at the Peugeot VGT event in Paris) and that there was a good reason for the delay that wasn't technological. That seems pretty focussed to me. I can't tell you a date or an update number because I don't have one - and even if I did, it would be subject to change right up until the day before, so I wouldn't. And when I did it would be on the blog.

Perhaps you're upset that I can't really share the reason, even though I stated that there is a good reason for that too and all will become clear, hopefully, after the release? Does the fact that I can't tell you what the reason for the delay is affect the existence or timing of the Course Maker in some way? Sure, it'd be nice to know what the hold up has been, but it doesn't affect the hold up - you could just take the fact that at least Jordan and I know what it is and think that it's a good reason (to a certain extent) and unfortunately something we can't directly share yet.

Personally I'm amazed that anyone can take reassurances from senior GTP staff that the feature is coming to GT6, on the PS3, has not been delayed for technical reasons and isn't being held back on purpose for marketing reasons as a negative thing.

But then I remember when Jordan posted that he wasn't expected GT7 at E3, a small cadre of people took that to mean the game would be there but not called GT7. Then worked themselves up into a priapic frenzy off the back of their own speculation and were utterly furious with Sony, PD and us when, as expected, it wasn't there.

Incidentally you're more than welcome to tag me in posts in which you're berating me for what you seem to think is "spreading baseless rumours" in future.

But then I remember when Jordan posted that he wasn't expected GT7 at E3, a small cadre of people took that to mean the game would be there but not called GT7. Then worked themselves up into a priapic frenzy off the back of their own speculation and were utterly furious with Sony, PD and us when, as expected, it wasn't there.

It's too funny reading this kinda stuff in threads. People who stoked up the hype train themselves, fuelled by nothing but their own imaginations, cutting sick when their fantasies didn't come true, as if they were given solid promises, and not just dreaming. :lol:

It's too funny reading this kinda stuff in threads. People who stoked up the hype train themselves, fuelled by nothing but their own imaginations, cutting sick when their fantasies didn't come true, as if they were given solid promises, and not just dreaming. :lol:
And the same process happens with every maintenance period, regardless of it getting an accompanying update or not, as witnessed yesterday. The users, such as myself, that try to tell people to temper their expectations get called negative by the same group that are overhyping any little nugget of information they think is there.

It does get somewhat disturbing when some of them, despite being told it won't happen, build the hype up only to be disappointed time and time again.

I just love that they were told by one of the senior staff members that GT7 would not be at E3, and took it to mean that the new Gran Turismo wasn't called GT7 :lol:.

Following that theory, since we've been told the course maker is definitely coming to GT6, I'm going to claim that to mean that the reason it's not out is PS3 couldn't handle the power, and so they've decided to port the entire game to PS4 with the course maker, just to keep their promise that GT6 would have a course maker.

....I mean... It makes as much sense as "no GT7 at E3" translates to "next GT will be at E3, and not called GT7"...:lol:

Following that theory, since we've been told the course maker is definitely coming to GT6, I'm going to claim that to mean that the reason it's not out is PS3 couldn't handle the power, and so they've decided to port the entire game to PS4 with the course maker, just to keep their promise that GT6 would have a course maker.
Aw man, don't go giving them ideas! :sly: :lol:

I just love that they were told by one of the senior staff members that GT7 would not be at E3, and took it to mean that the new Gran Turismo wasn't called GT7 :lol:.

....I mean... It makes as much sense as "no GT7 at E3" translates to "next GT will be at E3, and not called GT7"...:lol:
*Puts the pieces of the puzzle together and then.....* No. NO! *Finds out that the next GT for PS4 will be called Gran Turismo 6: Complete Edition for PS4 + Course Maker*

Okay I'll stop imagining. :P

Because Famine just says some **** more vague than PD's "soon"? Was supposed to be released "About a month after release", started closed beta a year after release and almost a year later and two years after it was "supposed" to be released we still haven't heard ****.
I'm well aware of the popular talking points. I'm even knowledgeable of how PD or Sony should be the ones actually assuring people that it is still coming instead of some guy on a message board. How does that add to the once again raised implication that it isn't going to come out at all?

Because Famine If Famine wasn't Famine mods would be threatening him to post a source or get banned for trolling.

And yet, Famine is Famine, so this is a rather meaningless hypothetical. Certainly, there's argument to be made whether Kaz himself can be trusted in these sorts of matters; but Famine seems to know the real reason it is so perpetually delayed and has very clearly said that it was out of PD's hands as opposed to more typical PD sliding timescales and conveniently forgotten interviews. There's an even better argument to be made that it's already so late in showing up that it won't even be relevant anymore. But a theory of "maybe Kaz was just stringing people along again" didn't seem to be what people were railing on when I asked, instead simply going back to the "we didn't get it in this server maintenance even though there wasn't any reason to assume we would, so of course we're never getting it" well of complaints; and who is to actually blame for assuming what the maintenance would lead to?

Edit: lol tree'd... By Famine. :lol:

Last edited:
Perhaps you're upset that I can't really share the reason, even though I stated that there is a good reason for that too and all will become clear, hopefully, after the release? Does the fact that I can't tell you what the reason for the delay is affect the existence or timing of the Course Maker in some way? Sure, it'd be nice to know what the hold up has been, but it doesn't affect the hold up - you could just take the fact that at least Jordan and I know what it is and think that it's a good reason (to a certain extent) and unfortunately something we can't directly share yet.

Longtime lurker first time poster, just adding my 2 cents;

The above paragraph I think highlights the frustration with some of the users. That you claim to have a reason for the delay, but "can't share it" seems to be what is irking folks. It comes across as withholding information, which, unless you work for a party involved, shouldn't be a problem. I mean you obviously claim to know something and expect trust without verification in an age of instant gratification. This is not likely, as one of the most basic questions we learn to ask is "why"? In this case, there are plenty of ways to anonymously get the information out there without self-incrimination, so forgive me if I perceive "cannot" to mean "will not", as you actually CAN tell everyone why, but your own personal interests are playing a role in why you WILL NOT Perhaps a term in Congress is in your future.

Honestly I like the game either way, with or without the track creator, and regardless if someone wants to play games with members of the forum by holding onto what they deem classified info. But hey, whatever makes you feel important and special is cool by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back