So, about that course creator.

• Thread starter interpunct
  • 831 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I should re-word what I said, Do you think this maintenance is a precursor to a future update? (I think to myself, if GT6 is going to have the Course Maker tracks for online use or the FIA Championship, the servers have to be able to hold up, and the way they are right now, I doubt it'd be able to hold up with all the new data) However, I'm not very savvy when it comes to this stuff so my hypothesis could be totally far fetched and wrong.
What I personally see happening is something like you just stated.

I see nothing happening besides some major work being done to the servers to improve the stability. Maybe a few weeks to a month later, we will see the FIA Championship/Course Maker/Spec 2.0, but I highly doubt we will see anything in the way of an update being released during that period.

What I personally see happening is something like you just stated.

I see nothing happening besides some major work being done to the servers to improve the stability. Maybe a few weeks to a month later, we will see the FIA Championship/Course Maker/Spec 2.0, but I highly doubt we will see anything in the way of an update being released during that period.

It makes sense when thinking about it. I do admit, I did inadvertently jump the gun on that by calling it an update, guess part of me is still excited about the CM. However, improving online stability is a MUST right now for PD! No point in having the Course Maker and an Online Championship with doo doo servers.

The people that 👍 my comment would no doubt disagree with you .

Thankyou for your comments...

On topic - Any CM news floating around ?
I thought it was funny :D

I don't rate your chances of avoiding a kick in the nads if your sister hears about what you said though :lol:

Just stop trolling already. You made your point about a dozen times, now move on.

Thankyou for telling me where I can and cannot post on Gtp. I wasn't aware you controlled the internet . Hope i'm not breaking your rules of where people should and should not post and dare to have an opinion on a public forum .... 👍

- On topic . Yeah the new maintenance sounds interesting . Very interesting actually . It could either be Fia gt or the Cm in my opinion 👍

Thanks @RacerPaul :D

Thankyou for telling me where I can and cannot post on Gtp. I wasn't aware you controlled the internet . Hope i'm not breaking your rules of where people should and should not post and dare to have an opinion on a public forum .... 👍

- On topic . Yeah the new maintenance sounds interesting . Very interesting actually . It could either be Fia gt or the Cm in my opinion 👍

Thanks @RacerPaul :D

Well, now you are.

I'm not telling you where you can or can't post. I'm saying that you don't need to spam this thread with the same complaint over and over again.

On the plus side, the Course Maker is still listed as "future update," unlike the 7 post suspension thing that was removed several months ago.

As for speculations for the July 1 update, I bet they will find a new way to break MR cars all over again. The course maker is going to be released with the spec 2.0 update, right before release of gt7, and 6 months later they will stop all support for Gt6. :odd: (speculative face)

Well, now you are.

I'm not telling you where you can or can't post. I'm saying that you don't need to spam this thread with the same complaint over and over again.

I sure am . I've never met an interwebs controller before. Do you have a shiny badge and special hat ? :)

I'll post whatever complaint , comment , or witty joke that is within the gtp aup guidelines thanks . I'm not spamming anything . If you don't want to read my postings may I suggest the ignore button ? I'm not here to blow sunshine up PD or make you happy by posting everything you want to just like or agree with . Thanks.

On the plus side, the Course Maker is still listed as "future update," unlike the 7 post suspension thing that was removed several months ago.

As for speculations for the July 1 update, I bet they will find a new way to break MR cars all over again. The course maker is going to be released with the spec 2.0 update, right before release of gt7, and 6 months later they will stop all support for Gt6. :odd: (speculative face)

The suspension rig was never announced as a feature and it was never listed as such on their website. They used it to gather suspension data in order to improve their physics engine. It's possible that they had plans to add the rig as a feature but the only source for that is from KW, not from PD.

I sure am . I've never met an interwebs controller before. Do you have a shiny badge and special hat ? :)

I'll post whatever complaint , comment , or witty joke that is within the gtp aup guidelines thanks . I'm not spamming anything . If you don't want to read my postings may I suggest the ignore button ? I'm not here to blow sunshine up PD or make you happy by posting everything you want to just like or agree with . Thanks.

No badge and no hat.

I'm not saying that you can't complain. I'm saying that I heard you the first time.

Last edited:
Course maker is gonna come out in the spec 2.0 update? How do you know if there will be a spec 2.0? And when will it come exactly?

"Player will be able to fine tune their suspension systems (as you’d expect from this series) with the company’s “7-post” test environment, allowing players to test tweak and re-test their car’s systems to get it just right before heading out to race.

http://nzgamer.com/features/1243/gran-turismo-6-behind-the-scenes.html

spec 2.0 was a sarcastic comment.

From PD's GT6 website:

Suspension Model
KW Automotive is a company that has an extremely strong impact in the Nürburgring 24 hour race. Using their 7 post rig, a huge amount of information has been collected for springs and dampers, and we have incorporated this into the suspension model. Gains due to changes in surface input and differences in phases were recreated in detail, having the player experiencing the same feeling the driver has in a real car.

It doesn't say it would be added to the game.

And your quote was from KW, not PD.

I wonder if the course maker will be a large area where we will layout our tracks or if it's going to be a layout generator like in GT5.

I wonder if the course maker will be a large area where we will layout our tracks or if it's going to be a layout generator like in GT5.
I belive there us 2 seprate ones coming. I think one will be like gt5 but how you wanted the layout and the other one is the GTS i think

I remember reading that course maker will allow us to edit the current tracks in the game, but I don't find the post here in GTP.

By the way, in GT Arena we will be able to place barriers, let's hope we can do that on tracks like Ascari or Streets of Willow to have more layouts.

I remember reading that course maker will allow us to edit the current tracks in the game, but I don't find the post here in GTP.

I remember people speculating about it, but I don't think PD said that.

By the way, in GT Arena we will be able to place barriers, let's hope we can do that on tracks like Ascari or Streets of Willow to have more layouts.

We might be able. On the website it says that the barriers can be removed and cones can be placed instead, but it's possible that it only describes some of the coffee break challenges and not at all certain that it's a reference to the course maker.

@Famine Have you discussed aboute course maker with Kaz at Goodwood ? :)
I didn't, but even if I had I probably wouldn't be able to say. So really you've only got my word that I didn't.
Great interview, in passing ! It was a great pleasure for me to read it !
It was fun to do, actually. Especially the bit where he said about the LM55 - he pulled the "Me Gusta" face and said "Nice!" in English :lol:

I know I stated it before, but thinking about it now, the track location options are the biggest concern for me. Last time we only had I think 6 or 7 location options (Can't remember the number exactly) and I think I only used 2 of the locations they provided. Now I'm not saying they should give us 30 of them but I hope the new one brings a more tasteful variety.

Some 24 hour ones with weather? Some city type, urban environments? Some more rural or farmland environments? (Jeez I pray not) Maybe some more track circuit environments? (Like Eifel in GT5's CM) What do you guys think?

For those looking for a TL DR so far, people are angry about anything and everything to do with PD because they're vindictive, and Famine is attempting to quell conspiracies and fabricated "facts" with varying success.

Tonight... maybe, we'll see.

Tonight... maybe, we'll see.

Tonight? Is a new patch being released?

If so i doubt we will see the course maker. Plus whats happening with the apparent gps tracking mobile app companion. Supposely to coincide with the course creator to plot our own tracks, which most likely will be an ios only like apex.

Tonight? Is a new patch being released?

If so i doubt we will see the course maker. Plus whats happening with the apparent gps tracking mobile app companion. Supposely to coincide with the course creator to plot our own tracks, which most likely will be an ios only like apex.

PD has gone and scheduled the longest maintenance period they've ever scheduled at 3 and a half hours starting in oh a little under half an hour. Now we know maintenance doesn't always mean update, buuuut it would likely take a large reworking of servers to allow player created content to be used on said servers. So again maintenance doesn't always mean update, but updates (correct me if I'm wrong) have always been preceded by maintenance.

The GPS part of the creator can be explained by this

Quoted from the Gran Turismo Website itself:

This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. These GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.

Now, many people associate Course Maker with GPS Course Creation, which PD themselves say will come in a second update following the Course Maker. PD likely realize that there will be a huge letdown if the Maker comes without GPS so they could be trying to stuff them together, but do not expect it to happen because of the cite from PD.

Note: I realized what you said about the iOS only thing once Apex came to the phone and made sure I got myself a somewhat current Apple phone so I could actually use the app.

Last edited:
The ONLY time that an update did NOT follow server maintenance was when PD did one (or two) 24 hour maintenance periods last year.

Every other time, there has been an update.

The ONLY time that an update did NOT follow server maintenance was when PD did one (or two) 24 hour maintenance periods last year.

Every other time, there has been an update.

That's not quite what I meant, that's more or less just reverse of the first of it. What I mean is that an update hasn't just magically appeared on GT6 without any server maintenance happening, ergo an update is always preceded by maintenance.

I've updated the post to show what I meant exactly so things don't get out of hand here :lol:

Given that one primary aspect of the course creator I was anticipating was the ability to share courses with friends, and the also promised ability to share cars with friends (which hasn't materialised, indicating unlikelihood of doing same with courses), whats the point of having the thing if not able to do so. TBH, it's gone way past being an issue for me anymore and if and when it arrives I can't see myself being anything other than completely underwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back