So, about that course creator.

• Thread starter interpunct
  • 831 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't, but even if I had I probably wouldn't be able to say. So really you've only got my word that I didn't.It was fun to do, actually. Especially the bit where he said about the LM55 - he pulled the "Me Gusta" face and said "Nice!" in English :lol:

Man!! You should've brought Jack Bauer along and make him talk! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Given that one primary aspect of the course creator I was anticipating was the ability to share courses with friends, and the also promised ability to share cars with friends (which hasn't materialised, indicating unlikelihood of doing same with courses), whats the point of having the thing if not able to do so. TBH, it's gone way past being an issue for me anymore and if and when it arrives I can't see myself being anything other than completely underwhelmed.

I think it's more than a bit pointless without the ability to share. It would be nice if you could share across all users, not just friends. That makes the potential for track choices quite interesting. Some would rise to notoriety.

In a future update. There was no time period it had to be in the game. While a 1 and a half year wait is a bit extreme, they, according to Famine, have a perfectly good reason to why it has been delayed.

No reason is a good reason. It's getting ridiculous , and there's no communication whatsoever between fans and PD itself , they are becoming a worse company every year that passes , and that shows on their (lack of) commitment to do stuff.

How is it that every few pages there seems to be a collective conclusion that it isn't going to be in GT6 when what Famine said multiple times hasn't been retracted?
Because Famine just says some **** more vague than PD's "soon"? Was supposed to be released "About a month after release", started closed beta a year after release and almost a year later and two years after it was "supposed" to be released we still haven't heard ****.

If Famine wasn't Famine mods would be threatening him to post a source or get banned for trolling.

PD stole it or part of it from someone else
Now some legal shuffling before it can be released.

Can't tell you my source or any more info on how I know it, but trust me.....

The noisy cricket awakens the sleeping dragon... ! :P

I take it from what i've seen on the forums that there was no content added ?
If so that's very disappointing for a lot of community members . I was certain that it was coming also . Sigh , PD and their non communication .

I hope it comes , for the sake of all GT6 users . But enough of waiting . I've moved on to PS4 now . As i'm sure many diehard GT fans have felt they have to . GT6 was pushing it to have a decent shelf life for the last remaining glory days of the PS3 . 1.5 years so far has been a good run , however PD have angered lots of their loyal customers by delaying this feature . Delaying it so much infact that its release , even right now , would be insignificant for many .

I feel let down by PD . This debacle has made me think twice about ever buying another Gran Turismo product in the future . You cannot play online or off with non existent promised features and ever more delayed content .

I hope in future we all look back to the glory days of Gran Turismo , when it was the best driving sim you could play on any console . Those days are gone . And PD have themselves to blame plus many thousands of unsatisfied customers .

Thanks for the memorys PD .

Good luck to your team in turning the franchise around .

I take it from what i've seen on the forums that there was no content added ?
If so that's very disappointing for a lot of community members . I was certain that it was coming also . Sigh , PD and their non communication .

I hope it comes , for the sake of all GT6 users . But enough of waiting . I've moved on to PS4 now . As i'm sure many diehard GT fans have felt they have to . GT6 was pushing it to have a decent shelf life for the last remaining glory days of the PS3 . 1.5 years so far has been a good run , however PD have angered lots of their loyal customers by delaying this feature . Delaying it so much infact that its release , even right now , would be insignificant for many .

I feel let down by PD . This debacle has made me think twice about ever buying another Gran Turismo product in the future . You cannot play online or off with non existent promised features and ever more delayed content .

I hope in future we all look back to the glory days of Gran Turismo , when it was the best driving sim you could play on any console . Those days are gone . And PD have themselves to blame plus many thousands of unsatisfied customers .

Thanks for the memorys PD .

Good luck to your team in turning the franchise around .
Bye.

Because Famine just says some **** more vague than PD's "soon"? Was supposed to be released "About a month after release", started closed beta a year after release and almost a year later and two years after it was "supposed" to be released we still haven't heard ****.

If Famine wasn't Famine mods would be threatening him to post a source or get banned for trolling.

Using similar logic, if bremics wasn't bremics this thread would have a more pleasant demeanor.

I trust Famine's words much more than yours.

It's just maintenance, why are you getting mad ? I'll admit I was sure there will be big announcement after the maintenance. The moment I woke up I checked GTPlanet, sew nothing and continied with my life.

There are many reasons to be mad because of PD, but the maintenance is not one of them.

Using similar logic, if bremics wasn't bremics this thread would have a more pleasant demeanor.

I trust Famine's words much more than yours.
You seem mad.

At least I'm not spreading baseless rumors :P

Fact is, course maker is approaching 2 years late (a feature that was in GT5 btw, as simple as it was) with near complete silence. Any rational person would and has the right to be unhappy with how things have gone so far.

Sorry for going a little off topic but I have a question: Did the mods know ahead of time this maintenance was going to be just that? Maintenance?

I understood this comment by @Terronium-12 as saying this was just maintenance nothing more nothing less:

Let's all calm down and not expect much of anything at all.

Do I know anything? Sure. All I'll say is...don't focus so much on what's happening now.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/notification-of-maintenance-7-01.330796/page-17

If that was the case then why not say something instead of letting the community get all excited for no reason and then scold people for posting over 20 pages of non-sense then lock the thread?

I mean if the mods knew about it then why start the fire by posting this?

"This maintenance period is an unusual one: it’s set to last three and a half hours when most last no longer than two, and it will have been less than a week since GT6 update 1.20 launched. While this lessens the possibility of another update or more content, it can’t entirely be ruled out as maintenance periods typically precede update releases."

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-online-service-maintenance-scheduled-for-july-1st/

Maybe I'm reading too much into this and if I'm wrong my apologies to the mods, but it just feels like we are getting hyped up over nothing just to keep the threads going

No I get it, I just don't agree with it. So rather than hash it out back and forth at nearly midnight while I sit here and test cars for a GT6 racing league, I just though I would be sarcastic and make it a simple reply.

So you are of the opinion that delayed features and content , ( 1.5 years plus for a course creator , 6 months late on the promised finishing of the VGT project , no promised monthly added DLC tracks ) is acceptable yes ?

Interesting your standards of promise versus expectation are so high .

👍

( I like sarcasm also )

:sly:

Guys,

Course maker still coming in GT6. Kaz confirmed a couple of times in a recent interview.

And Famine tried to reassure us several times.

I don't know what @Famine thinks, but this feature will be available this year. I'm sure at 99.99% :D (more precisely, I think between July and September)

I'm not surprised that there were no updates, yesterday. After one week, even if it has already been done once or twice, it's still unusual.

Anyway, we moan, but when the course maker will be there, we'll be on it, all.

So you are of the opinion that delayed features and content , ( 1.5 years plus for a course creator , 6 months late on the promised finishing of the VGT project , no promised monthly added DLC tracks ) is acceptable yes ?

Interesting your standards of promise versus expectation are so high .

👍

( I like sarcasm also )

:sly:
Course creator will get here when it gets here. In the mean time I live my life normally. Doesn't bother me.

Don't really care about the VGT cars to be honest. Most of them are too over the top for my tastes.

And I had forgotten about monthly track DLC, guess that shows how much it meant to me.

Sorry for going a little off topic but I have a question: Did the mods know ahead of time this maintenance was going to be just that? Maintenance?

I understood this comment by @Terronium-12 as saying this was just maintenance nothing more nothing less:

Let's all calm down and not expect much of anything at all.

Do I know anything? Sure. All I'll say is...don't focus so much on what's happening now.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/notification-of-maintenance-7-01.330796/page-17

If that was the case then why not say something instead of letting the community get all excited for no reason and then scold people for posting over 20 pages of non-sense then lock the thread?

I mean if the mods knew about it then why start the fire by posting this?

"This maintenance period is an unusual one: it’s set to last three and a half hours when most last no longer than two, and it will have been less than a week since GT6 update 1.20 launched. While this lessens the possibility of another update or more content, it can’t entirely be ruled out as maintenance periods typically precede update releases."

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-online-service-maintenance-scheduled-for-july-1st/

Maybe I'm reading too much into this and if I'm wrong my apologies to the mods, but it just feels like we are getting hyped up over nothing just to keep the threads going

I'm going to be blunt: saying something, being as direct as possible within any given circumstances yields the exact same amount of ignorance gossip as it would if we had said nothing at all. You cite my exact post telling people not to focus on what's happening now, only to then be ignored all the while pretending as if we're purposely misleading anyone for our own amusement.

Jordan said not to expect Gran Turismo 7 at E3 even before the event kicked off, only to be ignored not even five posts later, only to then repeat it, this time being a bit more direct, only to still be ignored resulting in people being disappointed for absolutely no reason?

So don't attempt to pass blame, even if partial, even if unintentional, onto us.

Course creator will get here when it gets here. In the mean time I live my life normally. Doesn't bother me.

Don't really care about the VGT cars to be honest. Most of them are too over the top for my tastes.

And I had forgotten about monthly track DLC, guess that shows how much it meant to me.

You have low gaming standards man .

It's almost like if PD promised you a full game and you only received one car and track you'd be like ; " Meh , that's ok . I have my one car . Rest of it will come ._.whenever " .

Low standards of expectation . Why gaming companies thesedays are loving people like yourself my friend 👍

No reason is a good reason. It's getting ridiculous , and there's no communication whatsoever between fans and PD itself , they are becoming a worse company every year that passes , and that shows on their (lack of) commitment to do stuff.
If you'd actually read what Famine said, they do have a perfectly good reason for it being delayed, and one, like he said, we should all understand. Of course they'll be the few special snowflakes who will want to scream, shout and bang their hands on the ground saying that's not a good enough reason, but that's their choice, if they want to act like 5 year olds, they can act like 5 year olds. Whatever they say from then on would just be defunct of any meaning due to their immaturity.

They do communicate with us. They just don't communicate as clearly or as thoroughly as some would like, nor do they cover topics that some want them to. Of course being from a completely different culture from us Westerners' plays a role, but you just have to accept that.

You should feel lucky. Most developers just release a game and don't release updates for it, let alone updates well into a lifespan of 1 year and 7 months, then chuck in the fact it's on previous gen hardware, that's extremely rare. PD could have just released the game without any of the planned features and stopped supporting it after a month. But they didn't. They've stuck true and are delivering on their promises, albeit a bit longer than some would have liked. PD can't just click their fingers and magically have it done. Something of the size of Course Maker takes time and a lot of resources. Resources PD just doesn't have, obviously.

They take their time to do something well, everyone criticises them they're taking to long. They rush something and do a crap job, everyone criticises them. Make up your mind on which one you want.

You have low gaming standards man .
Because it's just a game. If you get upset or angry that something didn't happen as you wanted to in a video game, you have problems. It's a game. Not life and limb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back