So Kaz, How are you going to convince the masses to purchase GT7?

He'll do it the same way as the GT5 campaign: "It'll be a revolution! All this technology will make your dreams comes true! Look, we even made a website that's more dedicated to our fans...yet we only answered like one question!"

Tl;dr. So are you saying we should ignore the as yet undelivered promises of GT6 and just be happy Kaz is working on GT7? Or what?
Tl;dr. I said what I would do. You do whatever you want to, if it should happen.

BTW, the "perpetual vapourware" you refer to has been in development less than half the time of GT5 and was started two years after GT5 released. If it gets released in March it'll be less development time than GT6, and we're talking about an entire game from scratch, not a copy and paste. Do try and research your generalities a bit before posting.
Well, then perhaps the term "nowhereware" is more appropriate.

Also, where do I access this "open the hood" mode in GT6, I can't seem to find it in my game? Or are you talking about Forza or DriveClub?

I used to actually believe that.

More accurately, features he said were already THERE.

And yes, GT6 was a good game as is, but the fact stands, half of it is STILL missing. Kaz lied as at launch they were just around the corner. No, I won't be buying GT7 if GT6 does not get finished, but I might if it did. If the features are never added, in my opinion anyone who buys GT7 is just plain stupid, simply put. And as I said, that's just MY opinion but it IS the way I feel about it. People get half-assed products now because they've accepted mediocrity. We, as consumers have no one to blame but ourselves, or in the case of those of us that buy with integrity our fellow consumers.

We all have to approach this from a logical standpoint. Months before Gran Turismo 6 released, the PlayStation 4 was already a fully operational game console. All game developers had ALREADY gotten their hands on the tech and began to work with it. Check out the PS4 related videos that were put up on the web before it was released TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. There were interviews and such from major developers, and one in particular was Kazunori Yamauchi in which he explained how much easier developing games for it is.

We can reference the amount of promises made for GT6 (THAT ARE STILL BEING DEVELOPED) with it's release date, which was literally in the same time frame as the PS4. With that being said wouldn't it be LOGICAL to assume that GT7 has been in development since roughly Fall of 2013? Especially considering that there were, as always is the case, a multitude of launch titles for the PS4. What makes any of us think that PD hasn't began work with the PS4 BEING ONE SONY'S LARGEST, AND LONGEST RUNNING DEVELOPERS? I'm positive they were one of the first to get to the PS4.

They have indeed began work on GT7, they wouldn't wait until a year AFTER THE PS4 RELEASED. The fact that GT6 had such a slow start and has just recently been updated with items which were to be available upon release provides no clearer explanation. GT7 has been, and still is, in development as we type.

-Track Editor
-KYB Suspension Tuning
ETC.

Postponed for the sake of moving forward with the series as a whole.

My take on this at this point is a continuation of a previous one: Kaz built GT6 (as nice as it is) as a requirement to satisfy SONY, and to give a failing company a shot in the arm.

At this point, if more than 40% of PD's capacity is going to GT6, I would be EXTREMELY surprised.

I very seriously doubt that more than 20-30% of the people at PD are working on GT6.

GT7 had better come soon and better be complete and completely mindblowing!

no porsche . no koenigsegg.100s of ****** nissan cars . no realistic damage. no livery editor. worst engine sounds.
after all this kaz said that the standard cars will be there in gt7
forza achieved realistic damage in xbox
livery editor in xbox 360
fans of gt may argue that forza doesnt have time and weather changes. but forza horizon does have it.
may be the creators think that time and weather changes is not necessary in motorsport game.
they may not be 100% right but they do have all the necessary features.they took the best of every racing game to create a masterpiece.
if u looking to buy ps4 for racing games. then u shoul buy an xbox one. it hasnt been 1 year and they already have 5 and horizon 2.
driveclub also lacks dynamic weather and content is too less

We all have to approach this from a logical standpoint.

Do we just?

Is it logical then to use your limited development time to release a version on outdated hardware, at the same time as working on a version for new hardware? Surely logic would dictate that all resources be put towards one quality title, rather than two half-arsed ones.

Is it logical to make promises that there will be significant development time dedicated to your version on outdated hardware after it's release? Won't you need that dev time to work on your version on new hardware?

I think you need to temper your "logic" with some reference to the actual behaviour of Polyphony, and not assume that they come to the same rational conclusions as you.

What makes any of us think that PD hasn't began work with the PS4 BEING ONE SONY'S LARGEST, AND LONGEST RUNNING DEVELOPERS? I'm positive they were one of the first to get to the PS4.

The fact that they released GT6, and that they released it in the state they did.

If they'd just kicked GT6 out the door and said "that's what you're getting, anything else will be in GT7" then you might have a point. That they painted themselves into "completing" GT6 suggests that they're not going at GT7 full force, and so any assumptions about how long they've been working on it aren't really founded on anything. They may have a skeleton crew on GT6 and everyone else on GT7, or they may not have even touched GT7 yet.

Polyphony may have been one of the first to get a PS4, and Kaz was certainly one of the first to know that there was going to be a PS4 given his position within Sony. It doesn't mean that Polyphony have actually done anything with that information. Just because there's a PS4 doesn't automatically mean that PD starts development right away, any more than having ice cream in the fridge means that you automatically eat it all right away.

They have indeed began work on GT7, they wouldn't wait until a year AFTER THE PS4 RELEASED.

Why not? It's as logical as anything else that Polyphony have done.

How logical was releasing GT6 after the next generation console was out? How logical was releasing it as half a game and making customers wait a year for the other major features?

GT7 has been, and still is, in development as we type.

You should probably make it clearer that your speculations are speculations, and not facts.

If you've got actual evidence of this, feel free to share it.

This incessant complaining is a choice you have made. It's a logical fallacy to suggest it's beyond your control.

No, not really Jimi. It is a position that was forced on me by PDI when after over 6 months they failed to deliver the content I paid for and continued their obtuse silence with regards to release dates for those major missing features. As I said, I'd rather not have to complain.

No, not really Jimi. It is a position that was forced on me by PDI when after over 6 months they failed to deliver the content I paid for and continued their obtuse silence with regards to release dates for those major missing features. As I said, I'd rather not have to complain.

You still have the choice to be happy and pleasant.

No one enjoys having GT6 be as poor as it is. Again, Sony probably had a MAJORLY major part in this decision. On ALL fronts. But, that doesn't mean you have to berate all of us for not enjoying it, either.

If PD is working on 6, it is probably to downgrade the items it is building for 7 to work on the PS3.

Anything else is just silly. And speculation. (as this statement is, as well... ;) )

I'm sorry, if you know more than Kazunori then I would love to get the latest news from you.

I'm not claiming to know anything. I'm claiming that Kazunori Yamauchi is not a reliable source for Gran Turismo news.

You don't trust astrologers and psychics just because they're right sometimes (or at least I hope you don't). Why is it different for Kazunori Yamauchi, who has on numerous occasions made statements about his own game that have later proven to be false?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he means well. But he's the little Japanese boy who cried "Wolf!". I have four kilos of salt in my cupboard just so I can shovel it down when he posts a new interview. He's the person in the best position of anyone to have a correct overview of any Gran Turismo project, and yet still anything that comes out of his mouth has a reasonable chance of being simple wishful thinking rather than a solid description of the current state or future plans of Gran Turismo.

So when he says that GT7 is under development, I don't think that's a useful statement. It may be true, it may not.

It may be one of those times when they were thinking about starting it very soon, and then never got around to it. Or they may have had it finished for the last six months and they're just sitting on it while they tinker with GT6. Who knows. Polyphony does weird stuff for weird reasons.

I don't believe anything announced for Gran Turismo any more until I actually see it on sale or downloadable. We're yet to even see the Course Maker, although Kazunori claims that he has it in a beta stage and has been hyping it up for the better part of a year and a half now. He even claimed it would be cutting it close to make it into the release build, but here we are 11 months later. I don't see any way that PD is going to meet their target of 20+ VGTs in the first 12 months of GT6's life unless they suddenly drop ten in the next month. They never even bothered starting their "one track a month" DLC.

Kazunori Yamauchi seems like a nice guy who loves his work, but he's either unable to be objective, unable to be honest, or just flat out not in touch with what his team is doing.

I'm not claiming to know anything. I'm claiming that Kazunori Yamauchi is not a reliable source for Gran Turismo news.

You don't trust astrologers and psychics just because they're right sometimes (or at least I hope you don't). Why is it different for Kazunori Yamauchi, who has on numerous occasions made statements about his own game that have later proven to be false?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he means well. But he's the little Japanese boy who cried "Wolf!". I have four kilos of salt in my cupboard just so I can shovel it down when he posts a new interview. He's the person in the best position of anyone to have a correct overview of any Gran Turismo project, and yet still anything that comes out of his mouth has a reasonable chance of being simple wishful thinking rather than a solid description of the current state or future plans of Gran Turismo.

So when he says that GT7 is under development, I don't think that's a useful statement. It may be true, it may not.

It may be one of those times when they were thinking about starting it very soon, and then never got around to it. Or they may have had it finished for the last six months and they're just sitting on it while they tinker with GT6. Who knows. Polyphony does weird stuff for weird reasons.

I don't believe anything announced for Gran Turismo any more until I actually see it on sale or downloadable. We're yet to even see the Course Maker, although Kazunori claims that he has it in a beta stage and has been hyping it up for the better part of a year and a half now. He even claimed it would be cutting it close to make it into the release build, but here we are 11 months later. I don't see any way that PD is going to meet their target of 20+ VGTs in the first 12 months of GT6's life unless they suddenly drop ten in the next month. They never even bothered starting their "one track a month" DLC.

Kazunori Yamauchi seems like a nice guy who loves his work, but he's either unable to be objective, unable to be honest, or just flat out not in touch with what his team is doing.
He's reliable about the news, not about the release dates.

He's reliable about the news, not about the release dates.

Is he?

So you're saying that what he says is always correct, but just that any dates that he specifies aren't trustworthy? That everything he says is coming does come eventually, just maybe not when he says it will?

So does this mean that anything that he's said that hasn't happened doesn't make him unreliable, we just haven't waited long enough for it to turn up yet? What about stuff where the date is the thing that he's announcing, like the monthly track DLC?

Sounds like an unfalsifiable argument to me. Kazunori is always right, you just have to wait longer.

I do not mind waiting it is the lack of communication, wasn't there some comment about the modern era.
It would be nice to have something like a monthly newsletter, I think people would give a bit more slack to critsism if they were informed of delays, upcoming features etc.

@Imari
I don't need hard evidence to make a conclusion that a videogame is in development simply because these kinds of things are usually kept under wraps as far as showing screenshots and sharing videos of the development process, but if I must provide some evidence to please you I'll start with this. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/will-standard-cars-be-in-gt7.309325/page-11#post-9984518.

How could Kazunori Yamauchi give a definite answer to a question about about a game that isn't in development? It's important to note that development does not always denote that there is an alpha version out there somewhere in PD's studio or whatever, but rather the game is being discussed and ideas are being manifested.

https://www.gtplanet.net/ps4-to-mak...ce-for-gran-turismo-7-says-kazunori-yamauchi/
My second piece of evidence is from a recent article from the news section of gtplanet where Kaz' says, “Everything will be running naturally,” Yamauchi assured us. “PS3 was much, much more difficult. The high quality of data that we have being rendered on the PS4 I think is going to make an incredible difference.”... this is a DEAD giveaway. GT7 IS IN DEVELOPMENT. https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-sounds-will-improve-but-major-update-coming-to-gt7/

PD is a videogame company. The fact that they brought out GT6 lacking MANY supposed features which were SUPPOSED to be available from day one (some of which were added as the game aged) is alarming. But... like we mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph... PD is a videogame company... thay can't just stop making videogames. They can't take months off without doing any game developing, considering they had just released a game which failed to deliver what was promised from day one(not bashing).

There was only one logical explanation that I could conclude with the evidence that had been given from Kaz's own mouth. GT7 IS IN DEVELOPMENT & GT7's development was made priority over GT6's... Giving birth to the multitude of negative threads on the site about "half stepped" GT6.

Last edited:
I don't need hard evidence to make a conclusion that a videogame is in development simply because these kinds of things are usually kept under wraps as far as showing screenshots and sharing videos of the development process, but if I must provide some evidence to please you I'll start with this. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/will-standard-cars-be-in-gt7.309325/page-11#post-9984518.

And as I've pointed out, Kazunori Yamauchi has proven that he is an poor source of news on his own game series. He is frequently inaccurate or flat out wrong.

You may not agree and that's fine, but I do not take his words as the gospel truth. He is known for being vague, for twisting the truth, and for being outright incorrect. He may be telling the truth in that particular case, or he may be telling porkies.

My second piece of evidence is from a recent article from the news section of gtplanet where Kaz' says, “Everything will be running naturally,” Yamauchi assured us. “PS3 was much, much more difficult. The high quality of data that we have being rendered on the PS4 I think is going to make an incredible difference.”... this is a DEAD giveaway. GT7 IS IN DEVELOPMENT.

How about the words "I think" in that sentence? You don't think they show a lack of actual experience with whether the high quality data makes a difference? Which might mean, you know, that he hasn't actually run it yet?

PD is a videogame company. The fact that they brought out GT6 lacking MANY supposed features which were SUPPOSED to be available from day one (some of which were added as the game aged) is alarming. But... like we mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph... PD is a videogame company... thay can't just stop making videogames. They can't take months off without doing any game developing, considering they had just released a game which failed to deliver what was promised from day one(not bashing).

Nobody suggested that they stopped making videogames. Although it's obvious that they have plenty of work to do without going anywhere near GT7.

There was only one logical explanation that I could conclude with the evidence that had been given from Kaz's own mouth. GT7 IS IN DEVELOPMENT & GT7's development was made priority over GT6's... Giving birth to the multitude of negative threads on the site about "half stepped" GT6.

How often do you find yourself thinking that Polyphony's decisions were logical? I can think of a ton of things that they've done this generation that weren't terribly logical, even in hindsight.

As I said above, I don't believe stuff from Polyphony any more until it's on sale or downloadable. That's obviously a bit of a silly criteria for accepting that GT7 is in development, so I'd settle for seeing evidence of actual work being done on it or evidence of early builds being used.

I mean, given that standard models are being used in the game you could in a sense argue that development started at the same time as GT3, which is obvious dribble. Nor am I interested in "a group of PD employees got drunk one night and spitballed a bunch of ideas that they could use for GT7". I want to see the actual game actually being made. Code. Models. Design. Equations. Data.

Kazunori Yamauchi has a nasty habit of talking about things that he wants to happen as if they are already happening or have happened already. I trust his assessment of current and future progress on his game series about as far as I can throw him.

P.S. How's that for managing expectations?

And as I've pointed out, Kazunori Yamauchi has proven that he is an poor source of news on his own game series. He is frequently inaccurate or flat out wrong.

You may not agree and that's fine, but I do not take his words as the gospel truth. He is known for being vague, for twisting the truth, and for being outright incorrect. He may be telling the truth in that particular case, or he may be telling porkies.

How about the words "I think" in that sentence? You don't think they show a lack of actual experience with whether the high quality data makes a difference? Which might mean, you know, that he hasn't actually run it yet?

Nobody suggested that they stopped making videogames. Although it's obvious that they have plenty of work to do without going anywhere near GT7.

How often do you find yourself thinking that Polyphony's decisions were logical? I can think of a ton of things that they've done this generation that weren't terribly logical, even in hindsight.

As I said above, I don't believe stuff from Polyphony any more until it's on sale or downloadable. That's obviously a bit of a silly criteria for accepting that GT7 is in development, so I'd settle for seeing evidence of actual work being done on it or evidence of early builds being used.

I mean, given that standard models are being used in the game you could in a sense argue that development started at the same time as GT3, which is obvious dribble. Nor am I interested in "a group of PD employees got drunk one night and spitballed a bunch of ideas that they could use for GT7". I want to see the actual game actually being made. Code. Models. Design. Equations. Data.

Kazunori Yamauchi has a nasty habit of talking about things that he wants to happen as if they are already happening or have happened already. I trust his assessment of current and future progress on his game series about as far as I can throw him.

P.S. How's that for managing expectations?

I'll be brief.
Kaz says "The high quality of data WE HAVE BEING RENDERED ON THE PS4"...

They ARE working with the PS4.

You not trusting when Kaz says that GT7 is in development is more of a personal issue, having explained that he hasn't delivered all features in regards to promises made with GT6... yet, which has diminished your trust in him. Which is understandable to a certain point. But evidence is evidence, especially when it is by word of mouth.

Kaz doesn't owe any of us screenshots of GT7 being developed, all that he owes us is in relation to GT6. He has nothing to lie about in regards to a game that isn't even complete for your use yet.

Now as far as his comments related to GT6 this is where we can use the, "I don't trust what Kaz says" standpoint because that is something that WE HAVE HAD and witnessed first hand.

To say that Kaz is lying about an installment in his own franchise being developed is just an opinion, which doesn't hold much weight.

Where's your evidence to support that GT7 ISN'T in development?

GT6 is not really bad for me. Kaz, PoDi : you should know that I support you and I'm not the only one to admire your work !

618.gif

@Imari , let me shovel some salt onto what you just said:

Sure, PD doesn't make sense. Sure, we have been told a LOT of half-baked (at best) things by KAZ.

But....

Please remember that Sony probably had/has a LOT to do with GT6 as it is. We know that GT PSP took a LOT of time, and that delayed EVERYTHING up to this point.

Remember what PD's second game was? Do you? It wasn't released very far, and was pretty blasted lame. It was a shooter of some kind. Look it up.

Do you REALLY think that Kaz WANTED TO build that game?

No, he didn't. And it showed (horribly). And no, GT6 is under that same level of "Was it wanted?"

Mind you, I'm not excusing Kaz for letting GT6 come out. But again, we don't know how the shake-up has gone or what is the current state of affairs with Sony, much less PD. We DO know that Sony is having to work hard to redefine themselves in an industry that took what they started and blew up out of their control. (It's happened MANY times before where the creator of something looked back after a time and found they were in the back of the pack, as Sony is now.)

I am VERY confident that GT7 is under development, and has been probably since a short time into (or before) GT6's development. I'm also pretty confident that GT6 is a dumbed-down version of GT7 at this point.

That we don't see it or know any more than "maybe" is the fault of PD/Kaz being their usual tight-lipped selves. (Which is stupid in this day and age, I know.....)

Yes, I will believe it when I see it. You are VERY correct on that.

But, I see the lack of content for GT6 as solid indication that there is a LOT going on behind the scenes that we don't know ANYTHING about.

So, I call a major shovel full of salt on everything you said above, and keep another for Kaz and his next "it's coming" statement. ;)

And @giorgios21, I'm fully confident that I and many, many other people enjoy whatwe have. It's just that we want more. And PD isn't giving us much. Yeah, the seasonal and QM are nice, but I would like to have better racing off-line so I can practice without having to go online and worry about the bad drivers I might get punched off by.

Back