SO SICK OF THE GR4 MEGANES ACCELERATION!!!!

If u cant beat them, join them.

Sad truth till PD fixes this.

Yep, I finally gave in and got one of those **** cars. I hate them, they don't fit my driving style at all. But they are so quick on the straights, you have to.

Edit: I tried the Scirroco, I could out corner them all day. But, would get killed on the straights.

I had to admit defeat today too. I hate driving the Megane, it doesn't suit me at all and if anything, it's boring. I love the Huracan and the M4, but it's pointless trying to compete in those.

After I switched to the Megane, I probably did about 10 races in it and only finished off the podium twice. Just the one win though, but I'm driving no different and the lap times go from being good enough for 12th at best in the BMW to suddenly top 4 of the grid every race in the Megane.

There was one race I did tonight where there was only one car that wasn't a Megane!

Any word yet on when the December patch will be released?

Last edited:
Yep I'm a little over the Megane, event to the point where in the Chat Box I've been typing "Welcome to the Megane Cup Race".

I've been using the Audi TT and it's competitive - at least until the straights or long sections where the Megane just seems to power away.

I'm trusting that like the GT-R has been killed off as the go to machine, the Megane will get it's balls cut off in the next BOP update.

In the Dragon Trail II over the weekend I had 2 races in a row where the top 8 finishers were Meganes or Scriroccos.

They'll take the race winner data and use it to balance the cars in each class sooner or later, y'all need to chill and stop stressing about things out of your control 👍

In a competitive game with a meta, you need to keep up to date on the meta and use the better options if it's important to you.

I refuse to use the 'win car'
If I cant use the car I want to in a 'balanced' race Ill just sit up the back and gain SR, not interested in fighting them anymore, The amount of Meganes that divebomb me in corners then knock the front of my car as it helps them get turned in, and I get a SR decrease, when I left them room and tried to let them pass safely, grinds my gears. Oh well, ill do the same car races and patiently wait till PD lets us tune our cars

Alright I think I underestimated this car, I was able to beat these drivers on Suzuka and other tracks but today's Interlago's was a problem. I was in a Mustang and an F-type both races. The first race was funny because everyone was recking. The second race was pretty competitive. However, I would come out of a corner with more speed and be almost right behind them for a slipstream and they would still pull far away. I got in 8th on last lap from like 14th, last straight I was well ahead of a Megane and he still pulled on me and I didn't block, let him get 9th. That car and the sirocco are way too quick in the straights and almost everyone has picked up on it.

I like my 650s and my Genesis. Sure I've succumbed a couple of times to using the Megane just to get a taste of a win on a particularly bad day, but I can't say it's a car I'll be happy to drive. Not my style and I still take pleasure in being able to out corner the Megane drivers with my Genesis.

I hate driving the Megane, it just feels sloppy, so I don't use it, have been into the Audi TT and that was before the FWD bonuses were handed out, it cant keep up with the Megane or Scirocco in the drag away along the straights.

Yep I'm a little over the Megane, event to the point where in the Chat Box I've been typing "Welcome to the Megane Cup Race".

I've been using the Audi TT and it's competitive - at least until the straights or long sections where the Megane just seems to power away.

I'm trusting that like the GT-R has been killed off as the go to machine, the Megane will get it's balls cut off in the next BOP update.

Couldn't agree more, I used a TT at Interlagos yesterday, The Meganes behind were literally lining up to pass me on the straights I thought I'd left the handbrake on.

At Interlagos yesterday had a pretty nice pace with a F458, but about 2/3 of the bunch were Meganes and Sciroccos.
Even a Audi TT in the last corner missed completely the apex, went to the grass outside, I made the corner perfectly with a clean exit, to put my car side by side with him, at the end of the straight he was about 100m in front of me, even accelerating from the grass.
To complete the mess, on the same last corner, on the last lap, the Nissan GT-R whom I was fighting 9th place overcocked it, spun, went ghost and I got a 5 sec penalty because of passing him under the yellow flag cause because he spun, with no chance to wear it down. More two places lost.
Hopeless.

Qualified 3rd in a Cayman at Bathurst, got a good exit out of the first corner, tucked under 2nd place's bumper. 2nd place ends up 100m up the road by turn 2 and the guys in 4th and 5th drive clean past me. Not only are the FF cars imbalanced but it leads to sloppy, frustrating racing on most people's part.

I kind of like the TT. It's a front-wheel drive GT car done the right way imo.

It eats the Corvette alive too, as was quickly confirmed at Interlagos yesterday. :indiff:
I drove the Corvette in Manufacturer championship at Bathurst yesterday the problem with that car is that it has no torque on uphill sections compared to Megane, meanwhile on the back straight I could’ve reached almost same top speed. It confirmed me that those cars are not just faster they’re broken.

The amount of Meganes and Sciroccos in the Gr.4 Daily Races is the best evidence of how much broken was the last update and how PD actually made a bad balance even worst.

I really hope they will fix this soon, is boring and detrimental to the game itself to have 2 cars really overpowered compared to the rest (where actually in some tracks they should be really more difficult to drive). It is like the opposite of reality.
FF should excel in slow portions of the tracks with tight bends and corners, and FR should shine in straights where acceleration plays its rule.

This article about BTCC (FR vs FF) is quite a good example on how GTSport completely misses the target:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/opinion/btcc/how-btcc-dealing-conundrum-rear-wheel-drive-cars

Good reading

Last edited:
I had clocked up the 6 consecutive clean races, then qualified at bathurst in the viper in a megane sandwhich, I knew I was going to lose my consecutive races as soon as I saw I was starting with meganes behind me.
It wouldn't bother me so much if the megane drivers had some patience, its like they think they are ace drivers and dont realise how fast their cars are if they would just wait for the straight and not use other cars as brakes.
I tried the corvette, while its a little faster than the viper, its still slow. I cant even stay in the slip stream of a TT so I figure all the FWD cars are nerfed.
Maybe F1 should start using FWD cars seeing as how they are soooooooo superior.
Come on PD!! fix this in 1.07.

At Interlagos yesterday had a pretty nice pace with a F458, but about 2/3 of the bunch were Meganes and Sciroccos.
Even a Audi TT in the last corner missed completely the apex, went to the grass outside, I made the corner perfectly with a clean exit, to put my car side by side with him, at the end of the straight he was about 100m in front of me, even accelerating from the grass.
To complete the mess, on the same last corner, on the last lap, the Nissan GT-R whom I was fighting 9th place overcocked it, spun, went ghost and I got a 5 sec penalty because of passing him under the yellow flag cause because he spun, with no chance to wear it down. More two places lost.
Hopeless.
lol
Kind of off topic, but, in a warmup, I got a penalty for passing a car driving in the wrong way under yellow flag.

Maybe F1 should start using FWD cars seeing as how they are soooooooo superior.
The system is broken as it was supposed to level out the cars and it doesn't. It's absurd how FWD handle, it seems doesn't matter if it's well driven or you completely miss the racing line and braking points, the outcome is the same, better exit and huge top speed.
But not so silly the FF cars being faster.
We could consider Gr.4 is similar to GT4. If you think a Megane or a Scirocco (The Audi TT Cup actually was used in TCR by Team Engstler until the VW Golf was ready) is close to a TCR touring car (2 litre, 350 hp, 1285 kg), TCR are actually faster than GT4 on similar conditions, in the same tracks.
In Spa a TCR is 2 secs faster than a GT4 car.

Back