"Something Big" is Happening With Assetto Corsa on February 21

• Thread starter Joe-dogs
  • 120 comments
Another countdown to an announcement. So its news now to say were saying somthing. Hey guys we have some news that there will be some news.

Have a little fun.
It's just a countdown to get the community excited and talking.
Did the same with the Porsche license reveal.

1.png

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...l-networks-thread.35257/page-1069#post-958550

Last edited:
Does everyone like LeMans?
i like the straight. However, I grew to hate Laguna over the last 2 GT games. But its great in AC so I think any track in Kunos quality will be a good addition. Now for something else.

Screenshot_20180219-134436.png

Come on people, get your Sherlock Holms magnifying glass out. At which track is it snowing right now?

Edit; I should translate it. I thought I read it in English haha. It reads : come and laser Scan they said.

Last edited:
i like the straight. However, I grew to hate Laguna over the last 2 GT games. But its great in AC so I think any track in Kunos quality will be a good addition. Now for something else.

View attachment 715453

Come on people, get your Sherlock Holms magnifying glass out. At which track is it snowing right now?

Edit; I should translate it. I thought I read it in English haha. It reads : come and laser Scan they said.

Ten days ago It was snowing at a very requested track...

26872079_217557742134883_8540653712043933696_n.jpg

26871086_2055794281322447_6758698285176717312_n.jpg

Seeing Le Mans covered in snow is like seeing water puddles on the sun. :crazy:

Sarthe is a bit of a snoozer in anything but very fast cars. If any game can make it feel alive and interesting though, its AC.

AC is full of prototypes that feel somewhat trapped on most tracks in the game. For this reason Le Mans would be a blessing.

My guess, some kind of online competition (a la esports) using the existing, or a slightly modified, version of AC. We already know content for AC is done so whatever Marco may be scanning is probably for the next title. I don't expect any new content or new games to be announced. Just a guess, of course.

My guess, some kind of online competition (a la esports) using the existing, or a slightly modified, version of AC. We already know content for AC is done so whatever Marco may be scanning is probably for the next title. I don't expect any new content or new games to be announced. Just a guess, of course.

Do we know content for AC is done? Couldn't it be an e-sports event that will bring Le Mans to the current game?

If it brings Lemans to the game, I for one would be excited. Kunos did an amazing job with the tracks they have put in AC so far, I can imagine how good Lemans would be.

But I'm not getting worked up about that bit of speculation. 2 more days... And I had to be on a day that I go back to work. :(

Do we know content for AC is done?

Yes, they've basically said as much and they wouldn't be releasing the ultimate edition for consoles if more content was coming.

Couldn't it be an e-sports event that will bring Le Mans to the current game?

Seeing as they've stated the Le Mans license is expensive and that it wouldn't be a justifiable cost without having proper day/night and rain, I would say it's highly unlikely.

Again, just educated guesses, we'll find out soon.

Yes, they've basically said as much and they wouldn't be releasing the ultimate edition for consoles if more content was coming.

Seeing as they've stated the Le Mans license is expensive and that it wouldn't be a justifiable cost without having proper day/night and rain, I would say it's highly unlikely.

Again, just educated guesses, we'll find out soon.
Then maybe they should work on having proper day/night and rain first. Just a thought. I wonder when they'll get around to that ;)

Then maybe they should work on having proper day/night and rain first. Just a thought. I wonder when they'll get around to that ;)

The foundation of AC is so good that personally I just hope they leave that in place and build on it with features such as what you mention. Would love to see dirt and snow too, I think they would handle it properly. There just isn't any need to reinvent the wheel when the wheel you have is already have is among the best.

Which is exactly what they're going to be doing with the next game. Day/night is not possible with the current engine, as has been stated many many many times.

AC is full of prototypes that feel somewhat trapped on most tracks in the game. For this reason Le Mans would be a blessing.
Agreed. Many people complained about the LM-spec of these prototypes, saying that the Sprint variants would have been more suited for tracks without long straights. But that's a horse that has been beaten too many times..

Anyway, since the behind the scenes work on AC has stopped, I'd expect a new game (not a full-blown sequel) to be announced tomorrow. Hopefully It will be an exciting one.

I also expect a new game and i think its time that it is a full blown sequel. After all, AC is now out for about 4 years if counting in the Early Access phase, so its definitely time for a new game. I would not be surprised if they come out of the gates with a completely new game engine. One that could handle weather effects, day/night cycle etc. A more flexible engine and at the same time a better looking one. AC 1 feels very coherent which is a good thing (i look at you PCars2) but compared to Forza or GT Sport it looks dated. It actually looked dated to begin with, but we sort of gave them a pass because they were a small company and achieved incredible things with the manpower they had. But now its time to step their game up.

The foundation of AC is so good that personally I just hope they leave that in place and build on it with features such as what you mention. Would love to see dirt and snow too, I think they would handle it properly. There just isn't any need to reinvent the wheel when the wheel you have is already have is among the best.
I'm with you. I worry that AC could easily turn into something different and not necessarily better if rebuilt on a 3rd party engine. But I doubt my worries are justified.

I'd love to learn soon whether they plan on going third party or not. I get a feeling that we won't find that out tomorrow.

So at this point pretty much everyone is expecting an AC 2 announsment?
There are also some people that want/expect early access to it (PC).

I think AC 2 is possible or some sort of "Sport" version like GTS, which would basically be a sequel to AC, whatever name it will have.
Early Access i would not expect right at the announcement, but not that far in the future either.

I'd be surprised if it's AC2. I'm more thinking e-sports or a major track/competition/added features DLC.

I dont think there is gonna be any more DLC -unless they abandon concoles-.
E-sports is pretty much what I think too.Now would it be in this title or would it be a new one is the question?Either way we'll know in a few hours.

Anyway, since the behind the scenes work on AC has stopped, I'd expect a new game (not a full-blown sequel) to be announced tomorrow. Hopefully It will be an exciting one.
yeah..not sure why people expect something for ac1? work is done, a new domain is registered, it's going to be something new

I'd be surprised if it's AC2. I'm more thinking e-sports or a major track/competition/added features DLC.

Kunos already stated that with 2017 work on AC or any DLC for the game and any support in terms of patches etc for AC will end. So it is not AC1 related unless they abandoned their own plans.

Back