"Something Big" is Happening With Assetto Corsa on February 21

• Thread starter Joe-dogs
  • 120 comments
Looks like today's announcement is related to the Blancpain Series, judging from this Facebook post:
blancpainac.PNG

I'd be surprised if it's AC2. I'm more thinking e-sports or a major track/competition/added features DLC.

Kunos already stated that with 2017 work on AC or any DLC for the game and any support in terms of patches etc for AC will end. So it is not AC1 related unless they abandoned their own plans.

Looks like today's announcement is related to the Blancpain Series, judging from this Facebook post:
blancpainac.PNG
Maybe I wasn't so wide of the mark.

My point was that it probably will not be attached to AC 1. If its something e-sports oriented, it still would be a stand-alone game. I dont think it will come as sort of a DLC to AC.

I agree.And maybe its gonna be a PC only title?We'll see about that in one hour and 10 min (who else is counting down I wonder).

On the counter on the website it says here 2h 7m to go :)
It's 12:53pm in Germany now.

I do sort of count down although i am not a very big fan of racing series, so my excitement went down a bit after the Blancpain post. If it was me, i would wish for a game with the content like GT (not Sport) or Forza but with the Assetto Corsa physics and a multiplayer like GTS

Uhm, apparently i just want the perfect game haha

On the counter on the website it says here 2h 7m to go :)
It's 12:53pm in Germany now.

I do sort of count down although i am not a very big fan of racing series, so my excitement went down a bit after the Blancpain post. If it was me, i would wish for a game with the content like GT (not Sport) or Forza but with the Assetto Corsa physics and a multiplayer like GTS

Uhm, apparently i just want the perfect game haha

GTS multiplayer is pretty much a copy of the iRacing version.With that said I dont think that Kunos have the money to make a GT/Forza like title.
In fact AC was a pure simulation.The depth of the sim is such that it would take a huge devepoler in order to pull something similar to your description.
On the other hand,I am still wondering if that "e-sport" title is PC only (I am thinking that this will be the case).
As far as the time countdown,I think you are righ:its still 2 hours left and not 1.My mistake.

My point was that it probably will not be attached to AC 1. If its something e-sports oriented, it still would be a stand-alone game. I dont think it will come as sort of a DLC to AC.

My guess is a modified version of AC1 that focuses on online competition. I personally doubt they've created a whole new game for it, we'll find out soon enough.

GTS multiplayer is pretty much a copy of the iRacing version.With that said I dont think that Kunos have the money to make a GT/Forza like title.
In fact AC was a pure simulation.The depth of the sim is such that it would take a huge devepoler in order to pull something similar to your description.
On the other hand,I am still wondering if that "e-sport" title is PC only (I am thinking that this will be the case).
As far as the time countdown,I think you are righ:its still 2 hours left and not 1.My mistake.

Well, actually i find the content of AC1 with all the DLCs we have now pretty okay. For a sequel they could just keep and update the existing assets and add features like dynamic weather and day/night cycles. Unfortunatelly i think their engine can't handle that. But thats then also why they probably can't reuse the cars and tracks because they are done for or with that very engine in mind. Or? Could they transfer car models into another engine?

My guess is a modified version of AC1 that focuses on online competition. I personally doubt they've created a whole new game for it, we'll find out soon enough.

I would find that somewhat disappointing to be honest. I would need it to be a clear step up visually, given how 'old' AC1 already is.

Last edited by a moderator:
blancpainac.PNG
Came in to post that exact same thing :)

It'll be midnight here when the announcement happens, so I guess I'll see what all the fuss was about when I wake up.. enjoy everyone!

Here is the thing.From the first day that people spotted the "Assetto Corsa Competizione" most of us were thinking "e-sports".The Q was if that is gonna be a new title or some kind of "e-sport" competition using the AC.
As things stand,we can say that propably its a "new" title.Since its also gonna be an "e-sports" (add the fact of the Blancpain GT Series post) propably will only have race cars (GT3 only?perhaps) and we will not see road cars into it.Since its gonna be an e-sport focus and also a "small" title in terms of car list,I suspect its gonna be only on PC platform and going up against iRacing -maybe a sub title also?again we'll see-.
If not there could be a cross platform option (PC-XBOX) but I dont think that something like that would sound good for PC users (PC master race,bla bla bla you get my point).
So I think if some of us are correct (esport title),its not going to tranfer cars from AC and we have to wait and see if they option to try the "console" market again.I think they will not tbh.

I would find that somewhat disappointing to be honest. I would need it to be a clear step up visually, given how 'old' AC1 already is.

I doubt they care what you "need". :) I also doubt they have the details of the next title fully sorted out so this new venture will be a sort of interim project, a way to get something new-ish out there to create some positive buzz and to also test out some things they plan to do with the next title but without having to create a whole new game.

I doubt they care what you "need". :) I also doubt they have the details of the next title fully sorted out so this new venture will be a sort of interim project, a way to get something new-ish out there to create some positive buzz and to also test out some things they plan to do with the next title but without having to create a whole new game.
I really he their next title will not be a GT3 title only, that would be a huge disappointment. On the other hand they could possibly have a GT3 only title released this year with an AC2 to follow next year.

This looks pretty cool to me. Besides Paul Ricard the game has all Blancpain Tracks.

And they might put up a Blancpain GT Game with the official Cars and Liveries

I hate gaming companies doing these announcements of announcement-thing or countdowns to announcement. But at the same time, i sort of like it from a masochist perspective lol.

Guys anyone can translate parts of this and tell us if this is the big announcement?

https://www.is.fi/digitoday/esports/art-2000005576028.html

If it's only a eSports tournament-competition I am dissapointed...

Edit:
ac24hCapture.PNG.b845b330a3a52f95d2537765898b0c01.PNG

The first link is about a e-sport comp in Finland.This is the 3rd year they gonna run those series.
They used - https://www.lfs.net/ - Live for Speed and now they are going to use AC.
I dont think that this is what Kunos and Blancpain GT Series post is all about.I mean,ok Kunos could advertise an e-sport series that use their product and give 25000 euros to winners.But why should Blancpain GT do that?Are they also involved?
Also its not like its a global competition and for sure cannot be one (given the different time zones).So why create all these talk for only a "Finland e-sport series"?

I really he their next title will not be a GT3 title only, that would be a huge disappointment. On the other hand they could possibly have a GT3 only title released this year with an AC2 to follow next year.

Me too. I doubt the next full title would be GT3 only, but an interim game kinda like GTS or GT5P that has limited content (GT3 and maybe GT4) and a more focused approach on multiplayer and some more features would be fine for now (or at least better than nothing).

Me too. I doubt the next full title would be GT3 only, but an interim game kinda like GTS or GT5P that has limited content (GT3 and maybe GT4) and a more focused approach on multiplayer and some more features would be fine for now (or at least better than nothing).

If this comes with a new game engine, then its fine for me :D

Whatever this is, if it gives them a jump-start on dialing in ranking/matchmaking for a proper sequel to AC it will be a worthwhile endeavor. I imagine it would not be on any new engine, but crazier things happen.

Back