Sony Gamescom press - GT6 appearance

Will GT7 need a Prologue? Not nearly as much - half the content's already made now, and more will come in DLC ("probably").

Yeah, but look at GT4 -- why did that need a Prologue? Although that wasn't an international release like GT5P was. But it was still on the same console as GT3 and simply featured more cars (a lot though) and tracks and some new minor features.

If you fairly judge GT5/6's content and what can and can't make the jump to PS4, I certainly wouldn't say half the content is there. I'd say all they can really take to the next generation is the full roster of 400+ premium cars. I'd still expect to see some brushups to get them up to PS4 standard, but they'd definitely fit in well with the PS4 on a completely different level than the PS2 standards in GT5. And while it should be obvious, those standards absolutely cannot make another jump to the PS4, even ones that have been touched up. Even touching them up further could not possibly make them acceptable on PS4 and PD will need to pick and choose the best ones to remodel while dropping many others since 800 cars is just too many to model on next gen (or even PS3 gen) hardware.

As for the tracks... I don't think any of them could really be considered PS4 quality. Maybe they could keep the tracks and build on them from there, upgrading them and so on to next gen graphics, but that would take a lot of work to the point that maybe it's better to start from scratch. The thing with PD though is that many track textures and backgrounds are still PS2 level, or even worse -- 2D trees, very poorly textured grass and pavement off the track.

I think GT5 tracks are pretty good on PS3 -- not amazing by any means. Some tracks do like quite fantastic, like Spa for example. But then there are others that in some ways look like PS2 tracks rendered in HD and touched up a bit -- or at least certain qualities of them. Maybe that's being a bit too harsh, but I can definitely say pretty much every track has something wrong with it that could use a big improvement to make it look more acceptable -- mostly the 2D trees to be fair.

In short, all I'm saying is that GT7 won't take any less than the 3 years it took for GT6. With the jump to a new console, basically everything except the 400+ premium cars will need to be overhauled.

I think we can expect around 600 cars and maybe 20 tracks in GT7 when it gets released sometime between 2016-2018. Or if PD really pushes the current tracks and upgrades them, maybe something like 50 tracks would be possible. But I'd say that's very optimistic. 600 cars is very fair, though. Maybe 700 if we're feeling a bit optimistic.

If there's to be a Prologue maybe we can hope for a 2015 release date, with the finished game coming out sometime in 2017, or possibly late 2016. That wouldn't be too bad. A long time a way but a fair and realistic timeline given PD's history with with GT4, 5 and 6.

GT4P was necessary when GT4 was delayed for a year and a half.

GT5P was necessary for the same reason, but more so. Not that GT5 was delayed as such when GT5P came out, but GT5 took so long that without GT5P it would have left a giant hole for competitors to fill.

If we ever see a GT7P it will be a very bad sign.

Well TD, I have been leaning towards that conclusion for quite some time, and after reading this...

*Porsche people*

I say why not?:)

It's amazing what people will latch on to with this Porsche thing. Haywood and Mauer being there has to do with that being an important event in the automotive realm, nothing to do with GT. It's just like assuming Porsche will be in GT6 (or 5, or 4) just because of the windshield banners on some that participate at 'Ring races.

Unless... oh, we might be getting Rolls-Royce too! And... Louis Vuitton clothes for our Bobs?

:sly:

Personally, I can't see PD/Sony dropping the bags of money EA is undoubtedly holding Porsche ransom for, for GT6 anyways. It's a game that's coming out on a system that's being replaced (though not phased-out) this year. On the one hand, I'm sure we could make the argument that securing Porsche would be bound to bring in some sales for the game, but as EA definitely hands out sub-licenses on a game-by-game basis, I feel like it'd be a smarter move for Sony to try and work something out for GT's PS4 debut. Historically, the first GT game on a system sells more than the second...

One thing i hope GT6 will have a variety of classic tracks, and if they release them as dlc (which you would have to pay for), it would suck, because some of the tracks have been missing for 10-15 years, i'm not gonna pay £40, and extra £10 (with waiting) to see the classic tracks,and they better not just be up-scaled versions from PS2 with 2D and low res textures, this is PS3, its soon gonna be PS4. Im not saying Forza is better but if you look at some of the tracks, you see so much detail, not thrown in tracks from previous games like GT do.

My bold prediction is:

Kaz comes onto stage, announces the new GT6 trailer, at the end of the trailer, a Porsche sign is briefly shown, followed by the release date, Kaz drops the mic, throws up the deuces, and walks off stage.

I'm hoping, at the very least, to see the special 15th anniversary cars and a hint of Mount Panorama.

Definitely need some fresh news to keep us all going till GTA V.

Who knows what the surprise is. GC is in Germany, maybe they'll announce that Porsche are finally in.

I'm thinking we'll also see an official release date.

Somewhere between November 26th and December 24th.

I'm still sticking to my overly optimistic guns 👍.

My bold prediction is:

Kaz comes onto stage, announces the new GT6 trailer, at the end of the trailer, a Porsche sign is briefly shown, followed by the release date, Kaz drops the mic, throws up the deuces, and walks off stage.

:lol: What a great mental image you've painted in my brain.

One thing i hope GT6 will have a variety of classic tracks, and if they release them as dlc (which you would have to pay for), it would suck, because some of the tracks have been missing for 10-15 years, i'm not gonna pay £40, and extra £10 (with waiting) to see the classic tracks,and they better not just be up-scaled versions from PS2 with 2D and low res textures, this is PS3, its soon gonna be PS4. Im not saying Forza is better but if you look at some of the tracks, you see so much detail, not thrown in tracks from previous games like GT do.

PD said there would only be 19 new track variations and 7 new course locations in all, there probably won't be any of the classic tracks unless through dlc or updates.

Although, being an optimist myself; I bet we could see the tracks being updated or remade to look better than they did on the PS2 or PS1 if they're added via dlc.

Although, being an optimist myself; I bet we could see the tracks being updated or remade to look better than they did on the PS2 or PS1 if they're added via dlc.

They'd sort of need to be polished at least a bit. A lot of people won't be very happy paying money for a straight port of a ten year old track from PS2 as DLC.

I'm hoping we have a solid grip on launch details tomorrow such as date and any further special editions (if the 15th Anniversary is all there is, then I can pre-order).

Plus more cars and tracks and everything everyone else is wishing for :)

They'd sort of need to be polished at least a bit. A lot of people won't be very happy paying money for a straight port of a ten year old track from PS2 as DLC.

That's what I'm expecting, either polished or complete track remakes. PD had about 3 years, that should be enough time to remodel some of the tracks.

Kaz said we'll be making 'more fantasy tracks in the future', but when. GT6 only has 20 new tracks, and most of them will rarely be classic ones. Maybe GT6 dlc, or GT7, we'll see more of them, but i'm teird of waiting anymore, its been 8 years since GT4, that 8 years of missing some of the classic tracks and 12, 14, and 15 years since some others. Were gonna wait about another half a year for GT6 and wait extra to see or not see the classic tracks, and if we dont see any in GT6 i guess we'll have to wait for GT7, but who know when on earth that'll be released?

Assuming it was not a slip of the tongue by Kaz then I cannot help but think Porsche could be in. I am in no way getting my hopes up but seeing as though Forza5 will not feature Porsche perhaps Sony / PD out bid Microsoft this time round?

Im not bothered if we do not get Porsche as GT has so much content anyyway but it would be rude to say no.

Last edited:
PD said there would only be 19 new track variations and 7 new course locations in all, there probably won't be any of the classic tracks unless through dlc or updates.

All the tracks apparently are going to be transferred over from GT5. We know for certain that they've re-modeled Seattle Circuit and Apricot Hill as seen from the NSX Concept trailer. If those aren't in GT6, I will be furious. Yes, furious. haha Seriously, they can't keep doing that. We had good reason to expect El Capitan, Chamonix, Costa di Amalfi, and the Grand Canyon tracks since they used them in their trailers. It would be annoying yet again if they're not in GT6.

I'm hoping we have a solid grip on launch details tomorrow such as date and any further special editions (if the 15th Anniversary is all there is, then I can pre-order).

Plus more cars and tracks and everything everyone else is wishing for :)
I'm not saying a release date is a definite requirement, but it would be appropriate.

And none of this, "buut then they won't meet the date and delay the game." They know how terrible it was to have two delays for GT5 in the same year; only thing is one of them was only three weeks and wasn't Kaz's fault, it just happened. The first delay made it an eight month wait from March to November and that kind of a delay is imo a 99% impossibility for GT6. It'll be annoying for me if they don't announce the release date, because I'm still wondering if I should get GTA V as soon as possible or wait till next year if GT6's DLC policy thing happens like they say it will.

That's what I'm expecting, either polished or complete track remakes. PD had about 3 years, that should be enough time to remodel some of the tracks.
Technically they had about eight years. And doesn't anyone remember that El Capitan, Costa di Amalfi, Grand Canyon, and Chamonix tracks were seen in trailers over the five years years that led up to GT5?

And none of this, "buut then they won't meet the date and delay the game." They know how terrible it was to have two delays for GT5 in the same year;

...and they knew how terrible it was delaying GT4. And GT3. That didn't seem to affect their delaying of GT5, so it's far from unreasonable for people to be concerned about GT6 hitting a release date.

only thing is one of them was only three weeks and wasn't Kaz's fault, it just happened.

Whose fault is it, then? If the game was late leaving the hands of PD, knowing how tightly-scheduled BluRay production can be...

Technically they had about eight years. And doesn't anyone remember that El Capitan, Costa di Amalfi, Grand Canyon, and Chamonix tracks were seen in trailers over the five years years that led up to GT5?

I remember recycled GTPSP intro video being used in a trailer on Red Bull's website (relating to that mysterious post about Pikes Peak), but that's all.

The only trailers I remember that were GT related before GT5 came out that had those courses shown were trailers for GTPSP, Tourist Trophy, or the early Gran Turismo demo; GT Vision. I never seen any trailers of those tracks that had graphic quality similar to GT5's.

This isn't the Gran Turismo press conference, it's still a Sony press conference so I'm actually not expecting too much from PD to be honest because I'm sure Sony is going to be pushing the PS4 more than anything.

I'm actually expecting more GT6 news from TGS next month.

If I'm wrong though I hope we get to hear some news about the online features of GT6!!!!!!!

Assuming it was not a slip of the tongue by Kaz then I cannot help but think Porsche could be in. I am in no way getting my hopes up but seeing as though Forza5 will not feature Porsche perhaps Sony / PD out bid Microsoft this time round?

Im not bothered if we do not get Porsche as GT has so much content anyyway but it would be rude to say no.

mannnn hopefully lol

This isn't the Gran Turismo press conference, it's still a Sony press conference so I'm actually not expecting too much from PD to be honest because I'm sure Sony is going to be pushing the PS4 more than anything.

I'm sure they will want to push the last batch of PS3 games more than you think, especially GT.

And while it should be obvious, those standards absolutely cannot make another jump to the PS4, even ones that have been touched up. Even touching them up further could not possibly make them acceptable on PS4
Honestly, no one knows that for sure. You may well be right, and I was almost positive that GT6 would be Premium cars only. But look what happened. And to perhaps soothe rattled nerves at the thought of PS2 - as well as PS1 - assets in a PS4 Gran Turismo, I have a lot of faith in skilled Japanese modelers. Much more than some unknown soul out in the netverse. ;)

Besides, as a guy who loves the ENTIRE GT5 car list, I drool at the thought of trying them all with an even more realistic physics engine on PS4.

Don't forget PS1. I still want Red Rock Valley, and Tahiti Road, and Grindelwald, and Pike's Peak, and...

I'm actually expecting more GT6 news from TGS next month.
Well, seeing as this is square in the guts of Gran Turismo's biggest market, I expect something substantial. Most of the news, perhaps not though personally I do, but a heaping slice of barbecue beef regardless. Erm... speaking of barbecue, hungry...

Are you also predicting world peace sometime soon?
I expect world peace well before 2030. And rather than a Technological Singularity, a Spiritual one.

...November 26th, 2013...Two days off GT5's NA/EU release date, although I'm not sure why GT5 was released on a Wednesday instead of the usual Tuesday. Prologue and GT4 were released on Tuesdays (at least in NA)...
As each region has different traditional release dates for games, perhaps a Wednesday is the only non-specific date that doesn't favour one country over any of the others. In the UK it's usually a Friday for some archaic reason...

For crying out loud, Porsche IS on GT5 and GT6, they just have a different name: Volkswagen (old Beetle) and RUF. We do not need more Hitler-mobiles (or insert your favorite anti-Porsche quote here from Clarkson).

Back