Special event

• Thread starter TheRacer94
  • 15 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
GTR_Racer94
RacerGTR94
Hope Gran Turismo events come back as GT4 track day, speed test, drag strip, what do you expect?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking about both seasonal events from GT6, and the special events in the campaign like in GT5 and GT6? Stuff like the Mercedes-Benz Driving Academy from GT5.

Personally, I don't know what to expect, but that's part of the fun. PD comes to be as being a developer that strikes a nice balance between being conservative and liberal, not unlike GameFreak and the Pokemon series. So they don't seem rock the boat too much unless they absolutely have to - in fact, I'd compare GT Sport to Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee in multiple ways - but they also add new content and features as well as making changes that none of us see coming, it's great.

But if I had to take a guess? I think we're gonna get something with Pikes Peak, and maybe the Isle of Man TT course as well. But I do hope the Goodwood Hillclimb returns, too, as well as the Goodwood Circuit. The Goodwood Hillclimb could differ from its GT6 iteration by making you drive a whole new set of cars that you weren't tasked with driving in GT6's version of the event.

Last edited:
Hope this becomes a special event.

As mentioned above, we had point to point in GT2 via Pikes Peak and in GT5 with the rally stage events, as well as Goodwood. Most of GT time trials, take place on circuits. More proper point to point racing, could improve the TT experience.

I'm about 94% sure that turned out to be another developer, despite what the source claimed in that article.

PD scanning and including a mammoth track like that never made much sense to me. It'd have such limited use in a car game vs the extreme time needed to build it.

Last edited:
Maybe used about as much times as the Nurburgring 24H is used in FIA. Would probably be too long for a current Race B event.

Maybe used about as much times as the Nurburgring 24H is used in FIA. Would probably be too long for a current Race B event.

Probably, but Nordschliefe is a well-known track with a long history of car racing. IOM is primarily a track known for bikes and its three times longer.

In the GT series, length and notoriety of circuits are probably moot. Example: I'm noto sure how many players knew about Autopolis, before GT Sport. It's known in Japan though. Mainly for Super GT, but it was on the World Sports Car rounds, in the early 1990s.

As a side, I love Autopolis, but I gather from posts, about a 90:10 split, dislike the circuit.

Isle of Man would be just like any other new circuit. No matter how much time PD applied into it, players would use it on not.
No doubt there will always be the "wish PD would have used assets for this instead" argument.

In the GT series, length and notoriety of circuits are probably moot. Example: I'm noto sure how many players knew about Autopolis, before GT Sport. It's known in Japan though. Mainly for Super GT, but it was on the World Sports Car rounds, in the early 1990s.

As a side, I love Autopolis, but I gather from posts, about a 90:10 split, dislike the circuit.

Isle of Man would be just like any other new circuit. No matter how much time PD applied into it, players would use it on not.
No doubt there will always be the "wish PD would have used assets for this instead" argument.
Well, Autopolis was in NFS ProStreet too.
But it's not a popular choice of track indeed.

Last edited:
In the GT series, length and notoriety of circuits are probably moot.

Notoriety perhaps they don't care about but I think size definitely would matter. It really cannot be underestimated just how big this track is. Three times as long as the Nordschleife and far more detailed, it's not just a corridor of trees for 70% of it. It goes through full villages and towns, has wide open vistas, the amount of work to model it to PD standard would be massive. And for what? A track that you can't properly race full grids on, so good for only TT events and at most, 1v1.

It definitely wouldn't be just like any other track and quite frankly, just a huge waste of resources for a car focused game.

Last edited:
There is no reason why Isle of Man couldn't be done to the required standard, but I agree with the point above, it's not a track that's condusive to racing cars. Most of the track is narrow and a car would only need to drive in the middle of the road to prevent anyone from overtaking. It wouldn't be much use unless PD widened it, in which case it could work but then it wouldn't accurately reflect the real track.

Last edited:
I mean don't get me wrong, I think it'd be a fun track to drive and a nice addition to the game....if resources were near limitless. But we know they're not, so given the choice of around 8 regular tracks vs 1 massive one, I think the choice should be obvious. Especially when the number of tracks isn't that big at current. If we already had 40+ full locations again, it might make a bit more sense.

It would make a good open world type circuit, for Lobbies. I'm sure players would get lots of use from it. I mean, if majority of players ain't playing Sport Mode, the track wouldn't be a waste.

IF this track is 7-8 years in the making, we still have gotten new tracks in GT Sport and at least, one updated classic track in GT7.

I think that the icon of Special Events in GT7 refers to differents events that it isn't in Championship Mode, like the Special Events in GT5. In this mode we could participate in rally events, in karts championship, in drift events or in Pikes Peak (if PD add this in GT)

Last edited:
in drift events

I think it'd be great if we got a "Gr.D" for drift-spec cars, like that BRZ in Gran Turismo Sport, the Blitz Dunlop ER34, or that older BP Falken RX-7 seen since GT4. Drift-spec cars seem to have been in GT for quite a while, so why not create a class for them instead of dumping them into Gr.X?

Also, if we're going to get karts again, I'd like there to be some variety, like in the PS3-era. Though perhaps the Red Bull 125 could return as a skin for the 125, but if it stays its own vehicle, it could be available via Red Bull Racing in Brand Central. (I'd make RBR its own brand, as well as being the place where you buy the Red Bull X2010, X2011, X2019 Competition, and so on.) Indeed, the Red Bull Racing Kart 125 does seem to have flavor text that differs from the typical Racing Kart 125.

Last edited:
Back