(Spin) Problem Handling Cars list

• Thread starter Gturbo5
  • 598 comments

Gturbo5

(Banned)
Poland
Poland
Gturbo5
Problem handling any cars are spin and oversteer or Broken car thread here. (Need report! PD Need fix it)

Problem handling cars list:

-Ferraria F40 by https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/f40-horrible.293119/page-2#post-9066767
-Lancia Stratos? by https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lancia-stratos-15th-aniv-undriveable.292850
-Audi R8 by https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/looks-like-the-audi-r8-its-broken.293304
-Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car (found by me)
-RUF RGT??

-Cizeta V16T? (by me and Stormtrooper217)
-Toyota MR2? (by reaperman)
-Lamborghini Aventador (So easy drift king-spin by gregorius93 and me)
-Lamborghini Diablo GT2? (by R1600Turbo)
-Audi R8 LMS
-Honda Fit (Broken car) by e30 freek
-Lamborghini Reventon '08
-Lamborghini Gallardo
-Pagani Huayra?

-...? any got? who found?

(Update add list)

Last edited:
The line has changed and cars are slower. Example use the NSX R 02 at 550pp in GT5 it runs easy high 1:02's and sticks to the top of the high speed curves in HSR, use the same car in GT6 and it only runs 1:06's. Noticable is the street cars spin out very easly. Very disappointing.

I agree with many peeps who state that MR cars are "meant" to be tough to drive, but if they were that realsitically modelled, we should be able to tune out the tendency to spin like a top.

The fact that many can't be stabilised via tuning, and many peeps are reporting that it is impossible to tune it out significantly... let alone substantially, suggests they are simply "broken".

I can't get the Stratos to go around a corner at 40 mph for jeeps sake. It was tough in Forza 4, but a little bit of tuning and it became my fave car for doing time trials on the Amalfi - tight corners and cobbles !!!

What's more likely: Forza made all the MR cars far too simplistic, or PD (given all the other brioken stuff in the game) have simply overdone the 'spin-tendency' in the MR cars ???

RUF is rear-engined. Obviously it's different to drive than FR cars. The same with other cars - all are MR - more weight at rear - easier to spin. For the first time the cars behave like they should on the limit and now some say the game is broken, cause they can't handle it.

Thank you,,,,I race a real 03 Cobra as a hobby. I understand how to tune a car. I also am on a racing team for to race online. I also noticed that on my GT 05 if I leave the car after tuned to the factory set except for the FR Ride Height changed to lowest setting and the LSD to 10 16 16 it handles decent, but when you paint and add wheels the car becomes hard to control.

Squanto you still are not addressing the speed or line. Try it, then post.
What makes you believe GT5 physics are more realistic than GT6?
And just because you race an 03 cobra, which understeers like a pig (if it is anything like my 02), how does that make you qualified to judge the realism of MR supercars?

The real problem is the ffb, or lack of, and the tire model not being progressive enough.

EDIT: Gone to test NSX at HSR, be back with findings.

I expected this crowd to show up. The guys who are having a hard tine adjusting to the new physics andare getting frustrated.
First and foremost. you CANNOT expect thr driving style you had in GT5 to perfectly transition into 6 in any case. Part of the fun is getting Re-acquainted with the cars. And yes, like Life, every car isnt meant for you to just get in and be the master of as soon as you turn the key. Its an entirely new physics engine. Why would you NOT expect cars to behave differently? Why would you expect to duplicate a time from gt5 with the same exact line?

Coming from someone who races in real life... I can say the physics are spot on.. And yes, I have Autocrossed a '91 Acura NSX on stock suspension (only mods were exhaust and headers).. I can say this in full confidence that these cars handle exactly like their real world counterparts.

Squanto you still are not addressing the speed or line. Try it, then post.
I hear you Scotty ... but getting the car in the right direction just needs minor alterations to the throttle ... the most people complaining about spinning out ... are flooring it ... euh ... like it's a light switch ... (I/O) ... (if you know what i mean)
You are right about the difference between 5 & 6 in lines on HSR with the same car and setup,but the OP doesn't refer to GT5 like you do ... you are addressing valid points, i don't want argue with that at all ... i agree with you
But for me that's also an improvement from GT5 to GT6 ... I think it's a step forward in how the cars generally behave now....

There's definitely something whacky about the MR cars. Drive the Audi R8 LMS around the High Speed Ring and tell me it's supposed to be like that. BULL. It'll spin out around the first corner every time if you're going over 140. Other cars can do it no problem. If it handled like that in real life it would be an absolute death trap and would have zero competitive advantage in racing.

Yeah, I actually enjoy the new challenging physics. At first I thought they dumbed down everything for the casuals (mandatory SR in mission and license races...) but after driving the KTM with no ABS on the Ascari track, I changed my mind quickly. The racing tires are tougher to master too. It's not a simple grip multiplier anymore. It has distinct characteristics and it's much less forgiving. Also, since I mentioned ABS, I also enjoy the fact that some cars have weak brakes. At first I thought there was a problem with the braking force but I soon realized that there are different types of brakes, some being better than others.

Now if they could somehow manage to prevent stock cars from making somersaults and cartwheels in the braking zones, that would be pretty great.

The MR2 GT-S tends to be a bit slide-y when going too fast, but all you really need is some left foot braking or to be careful on throttle input. Just be careful and they'll be fine, hell their handling is kickass!

If the suspension model is different, youre going to end up with different times with the same line. Different suspension physics= different weight transfer=different grip=different speed= DIFFERENT TIME.
Adjust your lines accordingly. Adjust your throttle accordingly. adjust your braking accordingly. ADJUST YOUR DRIVING ACCORDINGLY.

A lot of this is the tire grip fall off point. As tires progressively heat up there is a fall off point and a spin is induced that is hard to recover. In gt5 you could push at 10/10ths in 6 its more like 8/10ths. That's quite realistic.

I too race real cars and when I got the ruf rgt I struggled before I started driving it like a real RR... Deep on the breaks, turn in harder at a slower speed and shoot out of the turns. The sweepers are the hardest turns.

MR cars in real life are the hardest to recover from a spin, that's the trade off for more even handling.

But I'm not an authority on sim physics so I'd like to hear some of the faster guys that tune thoughts on this topic.

not every cars are easy to drive. have you neve heard of some beast of the road? driving and fighting whit the wheel is incredibly funny and challenging. see some onboard videos of real races. stop complaining! if you want an easy supercar just play need for speed

I went and drove the R8 LMS and the NSX on high speed ring and I had no problems with oversteer. The trick is to only turn your wheel as much as you need too. You have to do it fairly quickly but very smoothly, turn in, feel the edge of grip and stop turning, slowly unwinding as you make your way to the outside clipping point.

Back