(Spin) Problem Handling Cars list

• Thread starter Gturbo5
  • 598 comments
Learn to put together an argument instead of being a typical whiny GT6 section brat.
How many threads are there where people whine about the handlings of the cars in GTPlanet? Alot. I have had no problem driving any FR/MR car and even if I had I wouldn't go cry in every website about GT there is out there. Do you and many others think that it's a normal thing to do and that people have to tolarate for all these butthurt people?

Aren't these sort of threads getting old by now? LEARN TO DRIVE!
Are you serious? You know about the custom tire bug for example? You know that now some of the most "go-learn-to-drive" members at least see something odd with weight transfer?.

I´ve posted some things about that and I won´t repeat myself that much, but the way that the weight is transfered from back to front is quite exxagerated. There you have FR cars doing stoppies, for example.

I can drive, and I´m not spinning everywhere. Driving with a DFGT, I´m slow but consistent. But even if I can correct the odd behaviour of some cars, it doesn´t mean that there´s something not quite right with physics.

Try to be constructive at least

How many threads are there where people whine about the handlings of the cars in GTPlanet? Alot. I have had no problem driving any FR/MR car and even if I had I wouldn't go cry in every website about GT there is out there.

Emphasis on you not having problems. Your opinions aren't global, kid.

Do you and many others think that it's a normal think

A normal think? Huh, no idea what you're trying to say. :mischievous:

to do and that people have to tolarate for all these butthurt people?

You sound the most butthurt here, going around yelling "LEARN TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" like an 11-year-old who thinks he's king of the road because he has never had a serious race with someone equally experienced as him.

Emphasis on you not having problems. Your opinions aren't global, kid.

A normal think? Huh, no idea what you're trying to say. :mischievous:

You sound the most butthurt here, going around yelling "LEARN TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" like an 11-year-old who thinks he's king of the road because he has never had a serious race with someone equally experienced as him.
If you thing that by provoking and insulting other people, like calling me a "brat", whithout getting to know me is going to win you an arguement, you are false...

@LatinInferno The only two cars I've come across that you could say had unrealistic handling are the Ferrari FXX which feels like it's made of jelly and the Audi R8 which for no apparent reason wants to spin at the middle of every corner (Maybe the Stratos and the Ford GT40 too, but I've never driven anything even comparable to cars as old as them IRL). All the other cars I've driven so far, mostly super cars and race cars seem to handle quite realistically, so if you're having trouble, spinning a lot under braking and accelerating, you should probably be more careful braking and accelerating.

You will also be interested to know I will happily take up any challenge from someone claiming they can "smoke anyone here", especially when they think that somehow wins them the argument. And you can't use any of your "you only drive on a video game so I know better" BS on me ;)

I agree that mid engine cars, particularly ones with short wheel bases are very difficult to control and are very sensitive to lift over steer.

I cant remember it being that hard to drive a stock AW11?

The Stratos has the same issue as well. They aren't undrivable, but they are both very sensitive, particularly at corner entry.

Im not sure if it is a glitch though. I would need to drive a real AW11 to see if they actually handle like that if you lift off the throttle during turn in on corner entry.

It's like you're talking in some sort of code that no one understands... :P

*Googles AW11*

Aaaah, now I know what you're on about.

I haven't driven a whole bunch of MR cars but I think the Toyota MR2 (G-limited) is definitely out and the Aventador isn't convincing me of it's characteristics either.

I'm racing MR2s (in real life) and they don't behave like THAT. Well, okay, they kinda do - but the game has it about 20 times exaggerated. I don't remember driving my race car around and spinning out at every type of corner - fast, slow, uphill, downhill, camber, etc. Each time I have spun my race car I know exactly what I did that made me loose control. On GT6 I have no idea as to why I'm suddenly visiting the scenery.

Apricot Hill, one of my favourite tracks since GT2 and doing the MR cup in the Toyota (stock), absolute nightmare. Still won because of pathetic AI, but the car was impossible without crawling around the corners on low constant throttle. ANY kind of weight transfer whatsoever screwed up the balance.

I then added 22kg 90% front - the race cars sometimes carry a full size spare in the front for ballast so I thought I'd see if that made a difference. IMO it made it worse, but admittedly I didn't really spend too much time tuning.

The Aventador (stock + rear spoiler custom A) was awful on RH tyres (bought for GT Allstars). Brake and spin, brake and spin, every time. Stuck it back on SS and is now marginally controllable despite the understeer, but at least it's predictable!

I have noticed a couple of other cars being worse on RH than SS - maybe this specific thing is a tyre bug rather than a handling bug?

I've been playing GT since PSX, I'm fair-good but I'm not GT Academy material. However, I honestly do not think GT6 has got it right in the case of the MR2. I'll update my comments when I start racing Aventadors ;)

For the record, I'm using a DS3.

Last edited:
I dont know about you guys, but id like to get back to the discussion of the handling characteristics of mid engined cars in GT6.

So far we have established that the AW11 is twitchy in real life, which translates to how it handles in the game.

Anyone else know of any other cars that are twitcy in real life? Any NSX owners floating around here? That car seems might hard to control in the game as well.

Guys, please let me ask this again.

Are any of you using CUSTOM RIMS? There´s a bug on staggered setups on GT6 when you put custom rims...

/

:yuck:
Solved the Diablo GT2 problem. 1: It's too damn low when you install FC suspension, only 10 units to min height, and 2: It hates rumble strips, especially the ones on the outer edge of the track. It instantly jolts/bounces off and spins when you touch those, possibly because suspension bottoms out. I raised the car quite a bit and gave it way less extreme camber values and suddenly it is ~80% easier to drive. Still will spin out if you drive like NFS player or hit rumble strips, but if you avoid those, it's smooth sailing in this classic V12 racer beast from St Agatha. :D
@LatinInferno The only two cars I've come across that you could say had unrealistic handling are the Ferrari FXX which feels like it's made of jelly and the Audi R8 which for no apparent reason wants to spin at the middle of every corner (Maybe the Stratos and the Ford GT40 too, but I've never driven anything even comparable to cars as old as them IRL). All the other cars I've driven so far, mostly super cars and race cars seem to handle quite realistically, so if you're having trouble, spinning a lot under braking and accelerating, you should probably be more careful braking and accelerating.

You will also be interested to know I will happily take up any challenge from someone claiming they can "smoke anyone here", especially when they think that somehow wins them the argument. And you can't use any of your "you only drive on a video game so I know better" BS on me ;)
Yes thats what the blind man said upon to his deaf daughter....run upstairs to my dresser and get me my pair of scissors so I can cut your hair.

Thats how some of you guys sound to me, Love the gibberish from you and everyone, seems you all work for PD or the planet here, The FXX, drives , like a beast a dream so I don't know what your talking abot, Stratos is awesome drive it like your drifting it a peace of cake, GT40 move your ballast forward add weight to the front, & as for the R8 widening the gear ratios Einstein! or like everyone else says maybe you need to learn how to drive.

BS he says LOL. Just move on bro done replying to this crap.

Last edited:
LOL good one

i found the minolta quite a handful with stock settings but drop the diff torque and acceleration sensitivity and its fine, you just get diff out instead of spin out....

I was serious about the Beetle, add some real power to it [or as much as you can anyway] and take it to the track. That RR car will step out from under you in a heartbeat. It can be quite fun once you get a grip on it but it is a big handful without some weight added to the front and/or suspension tweaks

So far we have established that the AW11 is twitchy in real life, which translates to how it handles in the game.

I'm not following the discussion in this thread, but be careful. A car can be said to be twitchy, and the GT representation can be twitchy as well, but that doesn't mean that the two are even remotely similar.

This is a good thread, but really exploring the accuracy of individual car models can be difficult. It is certainly more difficult than trying to understand the physics in a general sense.

One thing you might try doing is ranking the cars in question and then make an attempt to work out what the real life ranking is. So, if in GT6, the R8 is easier to drive than an Enzo and that is easier to drive than a Stratos, is that reflected in real life testing? Unfortunately this won't calibrate virtual results with reality, but it may be enough to set off a warning flag if the ranking in game and in reality are hugely different.

The ultimate way to test vehicle fidelity is with objective measures, but this can be hard to find in most magazine tests and hard to accurately measure in game.

Yes thats what the blind man said upon to his deaf daughter....run upstairs to my dresser and get me my pair of scissors so I can cut your hair.

Thats how some of you guys sound to me, Love the gibberish from you and everyone, seems you all work for PD or the planet here, The FXX, drives , like a beast a dream so I don't know what your talking abot, Stratos is awesome drive it like your drifting it a peace of cake, GT40 move your ballast forward add weight to the front, & as for the R8 widening the gear ratios Einstein! or like everyone else says maybe you need to learn how to drive.

Maybe you should learn to listen to someone who is probably a better driver than you in real life :)

Noticed the Cizeta is on this ´list´.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Cizeta. It's a high power MR car with quite a lot of weight, biased towards the rear. It also has very soft suspension for its weight. Even so, it is perfectly driveable. Just don't throw it around like a 4wd.

Once you upgrade the suspension, you can even tune out most if not all of the oversteer it has. For this I added a LOT of spring rate to the front, and a smaller increase to the rear. Lower and even out the ride height a bit, and you should be set.

You know what's more embarrassing than boasting about one's skills and then getting destroyed in a 1-on-1 race?

It's boasting about your skills but not accepting a challenge when one is offered. Way to go, kid. :lol: (Yes, I called you kid, because I make assumptions based on your behavior, not your ludicrous claims)

You know what's more embarrassing than boasting about one's skills and then getting destroyed in a 1-on-1 race?

It's boasting about your skills but not accepting a challenge when one is offered. Way to go, kid. :lol: (Yes, I called you kid, because I make assumptions based on your behavior,

It's boasting about your skills but not accepting a challenge when one is offered. Way to go, kid. :lol: (Yes, I called you kid, because I make assumptions based on your behavior, not your ludicrous claims)
Yaddi yaddi dah.

That kind of non-constructive childish reply is why you get nowhere and make yourself sound like a pillock. @LVracerGT is a former racing instructor so he knows his stuff. @Spurgy 777 is a GT Academy finalist and one of the fastest people on GTP and GT full stop.

If you think you're good enough to make these claims, back it up. Or don't bother in the first place.

That kind of non-constructive childish reply is why you get nowhere and make yourself sound like a pillock. @LVracerGT is a former racing instructor so he knows his stuff. @Spurgy 777 is a GT Academy finalist and one of the fastest people on GTP and GT full stop.

If you think you're good enough to make these claims, back it up. Or don't bother in the first place.

Relatively off topic, but what happened to the caps filter anyway? :dopey:

Also, real fun to argue with @LatinInferno when he has repeatedly in the past hour showed his inability to construct a single sentence.

Noticed the Cizeta is on this ´list´.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Cizeta. It's a high power MR car with quite a lot of weight, biased towards the rear. It also has very soft suspension for its weight. Even so, it is perfectly driveable. Just don't throw it around like a 4wd.

Once you upgrade the suspension, you can even tune out most if not all of the oversteer it has. For this I added a LOT of spring rate to the front, and a smaller increase to the rear. Lower and even out the ride height a bit, and you should be set.

Really? I may try that one out again. In my experience that is quite possibly the worst driving car in GT4, 5 and 6. Huge amounts of understeer in 4 and 5 and now add some throttle off oversteer to that understeer as well. I can drive it but not very fast as it simply will not turn unless you use the oversteer to turn it.

I remember back in GT4 getting that POS as a prize car and trying to drive it in the Coted DAzure race, it was way faster than any of the other cars in the race but hard to win with as you need to slow down to an almost stop to prevent it from understeering into the walls. On the straights it was a beast but in the corners it was a pig

Go away heckle & jeckle, quit dragging this on it's just a video game go praise your selfs else where.

Go away heckle & jeckle, quit dragging this on it's just a video game go praise your selfs else where.

Fun thing is you are the person who praised yourself as a 911 driver from your very first post here. Your inability to answer a simple question shows that you really can't back it up with any evidence for your claims.

This :

I had a great time on my last driving session in GT6 arcade race, here's what I did :

Cizeta V16T - oil change - 600+HP, stock except for racing brakes kit - set BB at 8/2 - comfort medium tires, no aids whatsoever.
AI slider to the max, arcade level professional.
Track is Bathurst - 2 laps sprint, just want to know if I can win within 2 laps. Weather set at 100%, water on track at 40% ( I think or maybe 30% ), weather changeability at 0%, grip real.

Some fast cars driven by the AI, Saleen S7, RUF 3400S, Ferrari 430, Pontiac GTO ( leader - tuned I presume ).

I passed most of AI cars in lap 1, some late braking pass, close calls and had a close battle with the Ferrari on last lap. I only manage to finish in 2nd position with the GTO 4 seconds ahead. My lap time : 2.34s and 2:33s.

I exit to arcade menu and restart the race again, got Nissan GTR as one of the front pack, that car was a beast in the rain, got in front of it for one lap, and it stay glued on my tail lights for 2 more laps and overtook me on the conrod straight :(

I realized how wonderful Cizeta is in the wet, I can feel the weight of the car when cornering, the rear tires gaining traction, the subtle movement when braking deep into corner, and the last half of Mt Panorama was an adventure with the car.

I learned that setting 40% to 100% water on track made the race somewhat harder as the tire easily loses traction, but the AI drove slower too, so it kind of balance things out. I would recommend 30% water as a good setup, the AI drives pretty quick - almost as quick as in the dry.

I have no problem with MR or RR cars in GT6, they are actually fun to drive, I spent over 400kms on the Cizeta racing in arcade, the Diablo at over 300kms just driving around Brands Hatch, Bathurst and Big Willow.

You honestly haven't got a clue what you're on about have you? First off just a page or two a go you were complaining about having to tune cars to make them handle realistically, you then tell me to tune all the cars that I find to have unrealistic handling... Good one. Not only that, but all 3 of your tuning suggestions, yes they may or may not make the cars easier to drive, but they will definitely make the cars slower, I mean you think you're going to go faster by drifting, adding weight and making your gears longer than they need to be?

Back