Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

Just started playing this on ps4 pro...

Couple of questions before i get rid and sell it...

How do you remove the hud, there`s no options to remove everything....
my bad just found it, had it set to off thinking it was off..duh

and this and motogp 20 are making my ps4 pro fan sound like a blooming hair dryer....terrible, can see me selling both these now, awful that...
have you cleaned out your PS4 Pro? mine would be loud for a decent amount of games till i finally cleaned it. now it rarely kicks on (and I play games at low volume)

Yes its very clean actually inside, i did move it to another location last night, seems to be a bit quieter, jeez just on a static screen doing nothing it would flare up....i`ll try it again today though...

ps i was hoping for the 60 frames per second option we have in mudrunner, but bummer...

As I said up thread, this game is very demanding on my uber PC setup. Seems they went all out on getting it looking as good as possible so I'm not surprised the consoles are struggling a little.

Spent some time yesterday grinding to level 26 so I have all trucks unlocked... after that I went to get all the remaining upgrades in Taymyr, but even after exploring each map fully I'm missing 2 upgrades. Getting pretty annoyed as now I have no idea where to search :boggled:. Besides, I don't exactly like the Taymyr maps...

I wish this game had some sort of photomode...

Almu89_SnowRunner_20200430_18-49-56.png
Almu89_SnowRunner_20200502_21-40-55.png

Saved by the winch :lol:

Russia is an absolutely unrelenting mistress. Stop and you sink into the bog underneath the foliage, manage to navigate successfully and find a mini fissure in your path, when it's too late to avoid it. I spent an hour yesterday going from the garage to a watchtower.

Love it.

VXR
Russia is an absolutely unrelenting mistress. Stop and you sink into the bog underneath the foliage, manage to navigate successfully and find a mini fissure in your path, when it's too late to avoid it. I spent an hour yesterday going from the garage to a watchtower.

Love it.

I've only just started in Russia (mostly just to buy a Russian beast) and I agree with you. I took my little...I forget the name, but the scout vehicle that comes with the bigger version. As I was about to get the last watchtower on the first map, I tried to hop down some rocks to it. I flipped, then ever so slowly rolled and BARELY made it to the watchtower. I have since bought a battery winch for that

I've been messing around with the small side jobs, and only comes couple contracts. Speaking of side jobs, what's the deal withe the Drainage job, where you find the 3 pumps. I went to each one, and nothing happens. This is on the first Michigan map, btw.

I`m not sure on the drainage job, i was about to try that myself yesterday, but ended up just off roading, and did a bridge repair....

my only hate with this game is the stupid fast time cycling, i know its easy just to get it back to nice sunshine again, but wish we could just choose a static time.

I did a bit of stream off roading...man this game is so good,..
full

Last edited:
I think this game could benefit from having some sort of fast ravel. When you have to drive across the map multiple times to access a tunnel to a different area, it starts to get to you.

The garages act as a sort of a fast travel between regions. Unfortunately there aren't garages in every region and, yes you're right, it can be very frustraging.

Early on in the game I drove 3 of my best trucks to explore and do stuff in Island lake - it was a torturous route through the Smithfield dam area.

One ran out of petrol, another got stuck in the mud, and the third, when I went out to rescue the other two, toppled over and the engine stalled! So I had no option but to recover them - but that meant going back to the garage at the top of the Smithfield map again.

I've been dragging a scout fuel trailer around with me, and temporarily dropping it in places that would be coming back through. Has worked very well so far, and fuel has not been a concern.
There's a huge fuel trailer on Island lake that comes in handy too.

MMX
I've been messing around with the small side jobs, and only comes couple contracts. Speaking of side jobs, what's the deal withe the Drainage job, where you find the 3 pumps. I went to each one, and nothing happens. This is on the first Michigan map, btw.

It may be because you have to start by activate the task where it is located on the land. You cannot select and activate task from the map on task tab.

It may be because you have to start by activate the task where it is located on the land. You cannot select and activate task from the map on task tab.
Yeah, I wasn't seeing the trigger, but then found it the same day I made that post. I actually had a truck parked right beside it. :crazy:

I finally finished Michigan and moved on to Alaska. The first thing I scooped up was the Hummer H2. With the "Hummer H2" tires it's way overpowered for the game, like nothing stops it even without diff locks.

I finally finished Michigan and moved on to Alaska. The first thing I scooped up was the Hummer H2. With the "Hummer H2" tires it's way overpowered for the game, like nothing stops it even without diff locks.

Deep mud can stop it :P. Besides, the 39" mud tires seem to do slightly better in deep mud than the H2 tires.

Love the scout class.

I've probably put about 30 hours in, and I just now have a good grip on how to use the UI for contracts/tasks and operation of the map. Today, I knocked out the first three contracts in Smithville and completed Black River entirely with relative ease.

Game is so freaking fun. A lot of my time has been goofing around with friends too so that makes things a little difficult to learn. But man, tonight I helped my buddy pull a trailer through an uphill/Rocky shortcut, he flipped twice but I was able to winch him over while holding the trailer in place so it wouldn't roll down the hill into abyss. So crazy. I flipped to at one point but we fialnally got it by him winching and pulling as I pushed it from behind. :lol:

I just bought the game this morning for PC. While it does a number on my computer as powerful as it is, it still looks amazing compared to the depressing atmosphere that Mudrunner had. I like the idea of delivering materials to help build/rebuild objects and being able to go more in depth with customization. My only complaint so far is that the menus while driving are a bit all over the place and confusing but that's just something I have to get used to.

All in all, worth the $40 👍

Need a bit of help here.

On the "It's Just a Drill" contract mission in Black River you need to transport a drilling device from Smithville. But when I took my Twinsteer , which has four slots, to pick it up, I see that I require a vehicle/trailer with five slots, neither of which are available to me at the moment. So what do I do?

Need a bit of help here.

On the "It's Just a Drill" contract mission in Black River you need to transport a drilling device from Smithville. But when I took my Twinsteer , which has four slots, to pick it up, I see that I require a vehicle/trailer with five slots, neither of which are available to me at the moment. So what do I do?
Low saddle frame add-on. Flatbed semi trailer. :)

EDIT: I haven't drove that particular truck, but heads up if it's not got a solid front end, the front wheels may come up a bit occasionally and be tough to steer. It was wheelie central with my Fleetstar :lol:

Back