Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

You'll need something a bit stronger than scout vehicles to shift this thing. Try the Pacific tractor - that's got great winching power. If you haven't got it yet you'll find it in Drummond Island

I should have been more clear; the scout vehicles would primarily be for refuelling! I haven't got the Pacific Tractor yet but I've been exploring Drummond Island a bit so will go on the hunt for it. 👍

Use the heavy-duty crane and pick up the back of the trailer. That seemed to work the best for me.

I don't think I have anything that supports a heavy duty crane. Or is it a separate vehicle?

I've come across a problem with the crane missions - don't know if I'm doing anything wrong or not.

As an example: after lifting one load of fuel and getting it on to the bed of the truck and packing it, I proceed to do the same with the second load. Despite getting it securely in the second half of the bed, lowering it down nice an careful, the little mini crane menu won't give me the option to pack it. The game doesn't seem to recognise that I have loaded the second batch.

As someone else said, unpack, then repack.

However, don't unpack and repack if you are playing multiplayer on Xbox. The last patch broke it, so that unpacking cargo causes the cargo to disappear. Dunno about on PS4.

I don't think I have anything that supports a heavy duty crane. Or is it a separate vehicle?

Lots of the 3-axle vehicles can use it, I have mine on the White Western Star since it's pretty wide and low.

I haven't got the Pacific Tractor yet but I've been exploring Drummond Island a bit so will go on the hunt for it. 👍
If you enter Drummond Island from the Island Lake gateway you will emerge on the south-western side of the map. You have to traverse over to the far eastern side and you will find it in an area with a few buildings.

Anybody else on ps4 had trouble with using "Recover" makes the choices in the garage not work? Since the update, I've pretty much had to give up using recover. Most of the time it renders my garage useless, by not letting me select anything, and only remedied by restarting the game, until it decides to do it again. It has happened a time or two, driving into the garage, so may not totally be a recover issue.

I think it's available for most trucks, but it is pretty heavy. If you don't have the upgraded engine, you might struggle a bit with it. Also, it's really tippy on a truck that's been lifted.

The heavy crane needs some buffs honestly. I find just bringing a decent heavy and winching like mad much more efficient.

I got my trailer un-stuck and managed to get it to the delivery point, then completed the mission to build the oil rig 👍

However I'm now 30 hours in and I'm fairly certain that the mission system in this game is the worst I've ever come across in a video game. It still makes zero sense. I still don't know if getting to a delivery point will complete a mission or if I'll be required to go somewhere completely separate on the map to activate it, and that could be somewhere completely arbitrary. It's very, very frustrating.

@Moglet I usually scout around and activate all the tasks in the map I am working on. Once that is done I find you can just treat them like the missions and toggle them active through the menu.

@Moglet I usually scout around and activate all the tasks in the map I am working on. Once that is done I find you can just treat them like the missions and toggle them active through the menu.

The fact you can find them without activating them but they still appear on your list complete with markers to show you where to go is what the problem is.

All they need to do is make it so that once discovered any mission except for timed missions can be activated from your map like the main missions can be. Problem solved. Sometimes less is more.

I shouldn't have to use a scout to drive to a random point on the map to activate a mission only to switch back to my main truck (which is already at the drop off point with the cargo) to complete it in a single button press.

I agree that it's downright silly the way it is. At least most tasks do have 2 points of initiation, both sides of a bridge task for example. Once you have endgame scouts like the Yar or Tatarin it's really not that bad. However, then I get the urge to start over lol... We really need save slots, and soon.

I went after a few achievements tonight, Western Wind and Broken Horse. Is it just me or is the P12 seriously underpowered? I actually started dragging the thing behind the P16, because it just stalls out on seemingly mild inclines with the tires shaking even in Low-. The P16 wasn't made for Russia either, but it dragged the P12 everywhere I wanted with no real struggles. I dropped off the cargo, got the trophy, then traded the gutless P12 for a Kolob.

Broken Horse took awhile, at first I tried using the heavy crane to destroy the Silverado. the tires were just not getting enough damage that way. What worked was going to Smithfield Dam, and dragging the poor truck down the long asphalt Hill by the garage at max speed with the winch fully extended. Achievement done, now to find those Pumpkins...

Edit: This is becoming an essay post lol. But, I wanted to post about the tires, there are differences between each individual set excluding chain sets. For the Off-Road tires, OHD1, or UOD2 are the best in mud on trucks that fit them. MSH2 is the mud tire with the best mud modifier, but I like the fat boys on the Tayga :drool: so they can stay on regardless.

Last edited:
Yet more mission woes; I've been playing for around 20 hours and so far for the majority of missions that require components to be delivered have marked trailers containing said components on the map as suggestions, but you can complete the mission using any of the said components rather than those specific trailers.

Until this mission I'm on now that requires you to pick up a specific version of a trailer type. AAAARRGGGH

@Moglet If it is the mission with the high saddle fuel trailer bring a heavy crane. That trailer counts towards goliath and is easy to lift with the crane.

EDIT: Sorry you're probably past that point. But if you dabble in co-op any that's the easiest way to get that achievement.

I really miss the ability to warp a scout to your location. Even the humble A968M was able to get me out of some messes in Mudrunner using that little feature, provided there was a tree to wedge against.

Last edited:
@Moglet If it is the mission with the high saddle fuel trailer bring a heavy crane. That trailer counts towards goliath and is easy to lift with the crane.

EDIT: Sorry you're probably past that point. But if you dabble in co-op any that's the easiest way to get that achievement.

I really miss the ability to warp a scout to your location. Even the humble A968M was able to get me out of some messes in Mudrunner using that little feature, provided there was a tree to wedge against.

There aren't any achievements on PC. I've done the mission now, it required me to go back to the first area in Michigan and get a Maintenance Trailer so it didn't take too long it was just frustrating that there was no indication that it was specifically that one that they wanted.

Accumulated a few pics while I've been playing.
5KgJyMf.jpg

sKtyJXL.jpg

Using the C/K to roll over my Navistar, with the help of a tree.
KbWPLMT.jpg

White Western getting a workout.
QChIh2A.jpg

grabbed this shot while hunting for hidden upgrades.
wJa0f3X.jpg

Should've bought this truck a long time ago. Thing is awesome, and pulls the scout fuel trailer, like it's not there.
AeaNmvF.jpg

*a little HDR tuning on a few of the pics.*

So does anybody know when the first batch of the DLC will arrive? It was supposed to come out two weeks after the game's release, according to the trailer, but that's long gone.

If you could somehow combine the low speed mud physics of Snowrunner, with the high speed dirt/asphalt physics of Wreckfest...

Man the Russian roads are horrible. You just have to look at them wrong to get damage. Doesn't seem to matter what you drive or how fast you're going either. Of course, my favorite is when you get damage for merely changing trucks. That's always fun.

I just bought this game on ps4 only to find out that my G29 is not compatible yet. 🤬

Last edited:
I purchased this game last Friday (June 5th) and so far I am enjoying the game. The gameplay and progression are slower than what I am use to, oddly enough I find this game very addicting. So far I have completed 13/82 contracts but early today tasks finally began to show up on my map after turning off the tutorial. I'm currently in the middle of Not A Drill, but after I complete this contract I will focus more on tasks to make the roads more bearable. Question for you guys... Overall, what is the best Heavy (category) truck in the game?

Question for you guys... Overall, what is the best Heavy (category) truck in the game?

There's not really a "best" in any of the categories in the game, but particularly not in "Heavy." Most of the time you see people saying any truck in this game is the "best" is just because they have had good luck with it or it doesn't punish them as hard when they drive dumb. Pretty much every truck has strengths and weaknesses and they often have different availability of frame addons, for example some can't have a crane and a flatbed, or can't have a crane and flatbed and trailer, etc.

The heavy category is full of specialized trucks that usually have pretty limited frame addon selection, so it really depends on what you want to do with it. For example, the Kolobs and P16 can only attach a high saddle, the Cat 745 can only haul a fuel tank or container carrier, the Azov Antarctic can only attach a flatbed/sideboard bed, the Twinsteer can haul 4 squares of cargo but can't attach a trailer, so on.

For general use, I'd say the Dan is kinda the all-rounder of the Heavy class as it can serve more roles than many of the others can. Unfortunately it's locked until you unlock the mission to unlock it in Russia, so it's not quick to get.

You can buy any truck and then resell it for the same amount of money, so just grab a truck and try it out and if you don't like it, sell it back. Also, before buying a truck, you can push X on Xbox (so probably Square on PS?) to "Preview" the truck, and you can look and see which attachments you can fit on it and so on.

Well my G29 somewhat works now, it’s definitely much easier to steer these beasts. Really wish I had VR.

Well my G29 somewhat works now, it’s definitely much easier to steer these beasts. Really wish I had VR.

Does the wheel have force feedback?

I read they updated the steering on consoles when using the controller and seems people are quite unhappy with it. I never had much of an issue with the steering before but I can certainly imagine them botching it trying to make something that suits the masses.

I haven't really played much since release. I think I'll continue waiting for a few more updates to see what they come up with. I'm also using my phone as a hot spot so 11gb updates don't go over too well.

I'm currently in the middle of Not A Drill, but after I complete this contract I will focus more on tasks to make the roads more bearable.

My advice would be to prioritize the bridge building and rock-slide clearing missions when you come across them. They'll save you a lot of time further down the line and give more options for your routes.

Does the wheel have force feedback?

Yeah but not a whole lot. It doesn’t detect my shifter either, I can only use automatic gears. It detects the clutch pedal though. The controller feels fine to me, but I’ve only had the game for a few days.

Last edited:
Back