Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

This new map is somewhat irritating. Very deep snow, very deep mud, and narrow or steep sections with large boulders in just the right places to make things frustrating. For example, the road west of the trailer store has a deep mud pit surrounded by cliff walls with rock obstacles going into and out of it. To make things more challenging, there are large movable boulders along with the rock obstacles to get your truck high centered and stuck on your way in or out of the mud pit.

Played the new map some today, and as usual my first priority is to get the map uncovered. Got most of it revealed, before getting the Loadstar stuck in some ice. Drove the F750 over to pull it out, only to get it stuck too. Grabbed another truck, and rolled it on the way. Decided that was enough for one day will hit it again tomorrow.

This map is brutal, going to be tough when it comes time to do some work.

It was quite a challenge to get the new map uncovered and the garage unlocked, but after that it gets a bit easier. I was hoping on some more paved roads and bridge rebuild options. But for now i am using some of the bigger trucks like the antarctic. Also the TUZ 420 Tatarin is really suited for the map.

I finally had to watch some comparison videos to figure out if chains or mud tires were better in snow so I can be better prepared. I just try to keep close to trees

Original Spintires player here, apologies if this is a wrong thread, I could not find appropriate one. I cannot seem to spawn medium and long logs, allegedly this is a bug that cannot be resolved unless I downgrade the game from patch 1.6.1. patch to something lower (I bought the game from Steam). I really would not want to do that, is there any other way or trick I am not aware of?

There's a new DLC out for the game today, the Chevy Apache. However, it's not part of the DLC because FHI is being all EA about it:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/snowrunner/clasico-pack
I'm seriously irked buy this having to pay for something after buying the season pass kinda thing. Guess the season is over? I can't understand what goes through the devs heads to not just admit that things aren't finished when things aren't finished.

Anyways, haven't tried to new map yet, waiting until some friends can get together.

Season pass content isn't over yet, so kind of baffled by the choice of a vehicle you have to pay for. I'm going to hold off buying it. Watched a video on it, and while it seems to do good, it can't pull a trailer. Hard to get me to not use the Loadstar anyway, so I don't think I'm missing anything.

Also tried out the Trials, that I didn't know we're added, until yesterday. Both are going to be tough to achieve, but a nice distraction.

The next phase is being released on the 16th.

Seems like I jumped back on this at a good time. Though I still haven't finished off Taymyr and haven't even unlocked the garage on Imandra yet. :lol:

Last edited:
That fork lift is a bitch to use. Not being able to move the machine while in fork lift mode, just doesn't work well.

Only been on one map so far, and it's nice change of scenery. There's a lot of rock crawler friendly places, just need a rock crawler now.

Liking it so far.

Console mods went live today, although the selection is somewhat limited. Frog's rock crawler is pretty fun, and an improved Voron, that pays you a large sum of money to install a winch, but even without that the truck is worth getting.

I don't really "get" the super OP mods that just cruise through everything and have like 4000L of fuel and crazy durability values. The point of the game is to make challenging off road deliveries and figure out how to navigate difficult routes while not destroying your truck or running out of gas... Take that stuff out and it becomes just boring back-and-forth delivery missions.

The... Z4622 crew cab or whatever it is called mod is very well done. Is a Mercedes Zetros, and it has a good model and unique sideboard bed as well as a cool roll-back flatbed that that you can actually control. It's pretty capable but not super OP. There's also a mod for the Zikz that lets you put mud tires on it and a little bit taller suspension, as well as the short flatbed that you can pair with the crane.

I'm hoping someone will make a Loadstar that can use the short flatbed.

Last edited:
So over on reddit it seems there is a problem with the new update causing issues like deleting trucks and giving people negative credit balance. I haven't played in over two weeks and I left a few trucks out on the map. 🤬

I don't really "get" the super OP mods that just cruise through everything and have like 4000L of fuel and crazy durability values. The point of the game is to make challenging off road deliveries and figure out how to navigate difficult routes while not destroying your truck or running out of gas... Take that stuff out and it becomes just boring back-and-forth delivery missions.

The... Z4622 crew cab or whatever it is called mod is very well done. Is a Mercedes Zetros, and it has a good model and unique sideboard bed as well as a cool roll-back flatbed that that you can actually control. It's pretty capable but not super OP. There's also a mod for the Zikz that lets you put mud tires on it and a little bit taller suspension, as well as the short flatbed that you can pair with the crane.

I'm hoping someone will make a Loadstar that can use the short flatbed.

As long as mods exist there will always be wild and wacky stuff. I'd love to see small improvements like flat bed sides on the K1500 Chevy, and a couple other things. Maybe a normal sized F750. But the crazy stuff has got to exist for the majority anyway lol.

They pulled that OP Voron Grad from the mod browser, so I expected it to disappear from my game, but it still there. I like the crew cab truck too, and have used the rollback a couple times to haul the rock crawler to a location. The rollback is very well done.

I've seen a K2xx Silverado 2500 in videos, and hoping that gets added at some point, since that's what I own for real. Would be fun to beat on it in game.

MMX
I like the crew cab truck too, and have used the rollback a couple times to haul the rock crawler to a location. The rollback is very well done.
I noticed that the crew cab truck seems to be a generic version of the Mercedes truck available on PC. It's got me wondering if the developer is having modders create generic versions for licensing reasons, and whether we'll get anything branded which isn't already included in the game. That doesn't bother me any, but something like the Hummer H2 mod with Khan balloon tires looks fantastic. The truck is already in the game so hopefully that mod makes it as well.

Overall I'm avoiding anything that feels OP. I prefer mods that turn a previously useless truck into something effective.

Last edited:
Going by a video Frog posted, there are some licensing issues on consoles. He said we won't see any Chevy trucks. Like mentioned above, there are ways around it, if changes are made so it doesn't look just like whatever it's based off of.
With that said there's been a bit of controversy with the Nissan Titan Frog made. It has no branding on it, but other than that, is identical to the real thing. It may get pulled, but we'll see.

I'm still hoping for a K2xx based Chevy 2500, but may not happen.

While I'm here, the Canadian Runner-The Town map is legit. It has some stability issues, but the map is awesome, and tons of things to do. Its the closest to a base game experience I've seen for a mod map, and hope to see some more. The same guy has another map, but haven't made it to that one yet.

MMX
Going by a video Frog posted, there are some licensing issues on consoles. He said we won't see any Chevy trucks. Like mentioned above, there are ways around it, if changes are made so it doesn't look just like whatever it's based off of.
With that said there's been a bit of controversy with the Nissan Titan Frog made. It has no branding on it, but other than that, is identical to the real thing. It may get pulled, but we'll see.

I'm still hoping for a K2xx based Chevy 2500, but may not happen.

While I'm here, the Canadian Runner-The Town map is legit. It has some stability issues, but the map is awesome, and tons of things to do. Its the closest to a base game experience I've seen for a mod map, and hope to see some more. The same guy has another map, but haven't made it to that one yet.

Rng3r renamed his MTVR's, so they could be released on console. "We have submitted the MK23 for testing with a new name (RNG US-K23) to allow console players get their hands on it." so we'll see if it gets passed for consoles.

Last edited:
That's cool, was hoping you were talking about a Silverado knockoff.

Something else that I would enjoy, is a toy hauler camper trailer, and a utv.

MMX
That's cool, was hoping you were talking about a Silverado knockoff.

Something else that I would enjoy, is a toy hauler camper trailer, and a utv.

Have you tried the Yerf Dog gokart mod? It's actually kinda fun, not nearly as useless as the real things, and has some upgrades. Probably the closest thing to a UTV you can get for now.

Back