Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

Having a Tatra factory in "Russia" did seem a little bit weird. And it did seem far fetched that Russia would ever allow a private space company of any sort even before what we know now.

Phase Eight is out now on the PTS thing. The Maprunner site reveals that it is set in Central Asia and has 4 maps. And thankfully no snow! Anybody got an idea when it will hit consoles?

Dunno, but not that excited for it really... I didn't buy SnowRunner to play Farming Simulator, and since 2 out of 3 new vehicles are just tractors they won't even be useful on other maps really.

Dunno, but not that excited for it really... I didn't buy SnowRunner to play Farming Simulator, and since 2 out of 3 new vehicles are just tractors they won't even be useful on other maps really.
Was thinking the same thing...

The K700 is a welcome addition if it's similar to Mudrunner version, no diff lock seems to be a mistake though. At least the new 6x6 seems interesting.

I sometimes start a new game, hard mode usually, because the first 3 regions are really where all the fun is. The stock Chevy 1500 can get around Black River just fine with a winch here and there.

I restarted playing Snowrunner after 2 years of not playing it… I’m hooked again! Playing on Xbox series X. Even during these 2 years of absence I still kept buying the DLC since I knew at some point I would pick it up again. i stopped playing at the first Taymyr map but completed everything in Michigan and Alaska, I was level 23 then. Now I’m first doing the new missions in Michigan and Alaska again before continuing in Taymyr where I left off (and every other DLC map). I’m already level 27 now.

I have a bug with a DLC though, when I got to level 24 I unlocked the Derry Longhorn 4520 which should have the the Year 1 anniversary livery, but the livery doesn’t show for me. I tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling that addon, moving my entire game from one storage location to the other, selling and repurchasing the Derry 4520 but nothing seems to work. :( Also made a post in the technical help forum at Saber Interactive but I got no feedback there (the post doesn’t even show on their forum).

Is anyone else here playing Snowrunner on XBox where this livery is working? If so, do you play on Xbox One or Xbox Series?

FFB78B72-A6D7-4DB3-9AF3-1190DD560647.jpeg

CF978CA6-53CD-4C3C-B2F1-6B6B3B9CD4C8.jpeg

Just looking at the four upcoming maps set somewhere in Asia. The first looks normal enough - missions, watchtowers etc. But the following three are almost blank. Just garages and gateways. So don't know how that will play out.

Apparently there is some bug with it where it breaks your hard mode game save and turns it normal, so I haven't turned it on yet.

Last edited:
Was glad to see the ps4 disc, plays in my ps5, and carried over the season pass stuff I bought on the ps4. Naturally had to start a new game, since the save didn't carry over, but gives me a chance to play through it differently.

Apparently there is some bug with it where it breaks your hard mode game save and turns it normal, so I haven't turned it on yet.
I play normal mode and after the update all my vehicles got all their updates unlocked. That is the stuff from future season content i didn‘t play yet.

Phase Eight is out now on the PTS thing. The Maprunner site reveals that it is set in Central Asia and has 4 maps. And thankfully no snow! Anybody got an idea when it will hit consoles?
A late answer but it's there on consoles now. I've just yet to get the second season pass to play it.

No photo mode appreciation of this fine game? :)

Attachments

• SnowRunner_20220601152349.png
    SnowRunner_20220601152349.png
    494.9 KB · Views: 11
  • SnowRunner_20221104171454.png
    SnowRunner_20221104171454.png
    349.3 KB · Views: 11
  • SnowRunner_20220821081105.png
    SnowRunner_20220821081105.png
    380.4 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for your "late answer" but I am aware of this now and have the full four maps opened and well explored. Haven't really done many missions yet. There's a bit of boring "farm work" to do, but overall it's an excellent addition.

Thanks for your "late answer" but I am aware of this now and have the full four maps opened and well explored. Haven't really done many missions yet. There's a bit of boring "farm work" to do, but overall it's an excellent addition.
Meant to be pretty big map(s) too and some decent roads. I hear you on the farming side but it's all good - variety being the spice of life and all that.

Meant to be pretty big map(s) too and some decent roads. I hear you on the farming side but it's all good - variety being the spice of life and all that.
Yeah the roads are a pleasure to traverse - challenging but not impenetrable. Not too many intractable mud-pits or swamps.

No photo mode appreciation of this fine game? :)
I see your 3 photo mode pics, I raise the stake with my 5 photo mode pics (all from Yukon). 😎 Currently active in Yukon for roughly 3 weeks already I believe, but I’m on my final contract there and will complete it tonight, then move on to the next DLC in line (Wisconsin I think). :cheers:

(absolutely love photo mode in this game and I take lots of photos and videos, but I’m more active on the SnowRunner Reddit instead of here)

B34F0C04-7F0E-4B8E-B715-1350F2988BDF.png

D811E150-DDBB-411C-AC0D-E7AF55BEF78E.png

C8387148-3A55-4D58-9E8D-D0FCD496540A.png

07ECC866-A7B0-4AF8-82E0-02236C7B0085.png

5D79FE89-C4D9-4746-B16A-1012F4F00CC5.png

I see your 3 photo mode pics, I raise the stake with my 5 photo mode pics (all from Yukon). 😎 Currently active in Yukon for roughly 3 weeks already I believe, but I’m on my final contract there and will complete it tonight, then move on to the next DLC in line (Wisconsin I think). :cheers:

(absolutely love photo mode in this game and I take lots of photos and videos, but I’m more active on the SnowRunner Reddit instead of here)

Damn fine pics 👍 Yeah, Reddit is a lot more active a SR community but I don't remember seeing them there - mind you, I'm only a relatively new poster on that sub having being predominantly a Twitter poster :) Coincidentally, I'm in the Yukon too, having opened Wisconsin but not done any contract there, I wanted to get the other trucks and upgrades before dropping back to complete the Kola Peninsula.

Last edited:
Yeah, i know bringing the ANK Mk38 back is likely a mistake but that baby served me well early on.

The rest are all old archives from the past six months.

Attachments

• SnowRunner_20220924020607.png
    SnowRunner_20220924020607.png
    329.2 KB · Views: 11
  • SnowRunner_20220818171701.png
    SnowRunner_20220818171701.png
    224.2 KB · Views: 12
  • SnowRunner_20220704162826.png
    SnowRunner_20220704162826.png
    194.5 KB · Views: 12
  • SnowRunner_20220726045034.png
    SnowRunner_20220726045034.png
    339.7 KB · Views: 12
  • SnowRunner_20221108061306.png
    SnowRunner_20221108061306.png
    398 KB · Views: 11
I've fired this up again after a break and continued on my GM/ANK only hardcore run, still in Wisconsin because I was going to finish North America before venturing out. For a change of pace I decided I would make a little departure and do the Don region with the Tatra factory using only Tatra trucks but... you can't. You need a crane for several of the objectives, but the two DLC Tatras don't have a crane available, and you can't unlock the Phoenix or the Force without doing some of the missions that require a crane... so I guess I will ship something else over.

Not sure what their issue is with utility on the vehicles from the individual DLC packs. It seems like almost all of them have some arbitrary limitation, like no trailer hitch, no cranes, no crane/flatbed combo even though there is space, etc. It's almost like they want people to buy them then immediately go back to using base game trucks instead. Like the new 6x6 scout thing, can't pull a scout trailer as if that would somehow make it OP or something.
Yeah, i know bringing the ANK Mk38 back is likely a mistake but that baby served me well early on.
Depending on when "early on" was for you, it might be worth revisiting if you haven't used it in a long time. When they put out the civilian version with the Maine maps, they adjusted its weight balance so it doesn't tip as easy... although it is still a bit tippy. They also added an "Active" suspension at some point so you can raise and lower it as needed.

It's my go-to for completing the time trial things.

I found out that the contests in hard mode are bugged on Xbox. They used to only allow 3 attempts, now they let you have at least 5, then you can glitch into even more attempts. I tested it on the Drummond Island contest "A race with the rain" because I can get that one done in 45 seconds roughly.

I see that the third season pass is now available. Let's hope there isn't too much snow in the forthcoming maps - or better still, no snow at all.

I always felt that the "Snowrunner" title was a sort of executive/marketing idea which sounded cool in the boardroom (as a contrast to "Mudrunner"), but which, in practice, just didn't work out too well.

Last edited:
I see that the third season pass is now available. Let's hope there isn't too much snow in the forthcoming maps - or better still, no snow at all.

I always felt that the "Snowrunner" title was a sort of executive/marketing idea which sounded cool in the boardroom (as a contrast to "Mudrunner"), but which, in practice, just didn't work out too well.
Yes because if you didn't know better you'd think the whole game was snow based which would probably be off putting to someone just getting into Mudrunner. Hard enough on the mud etc. Probably lost some sales because of it.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but since the last patch mud tires, specifically the big fat Tayga tires have gotten better?. Usually I don't like using the twin Tuz 4x4 trucks because they are either quick and unstable on UOD2 tires, or somewhat stable but ridiculously slow on AMHS. With new game + I can quickly try different combinations, and both seem to be doing much better on their 47 inch boggers now.

I tried out the LO4f on offroad tires, now I get what all the fuss is about. The Hummer does much better on its own tires in most situations I also have noticed.

I think I must be in the minority here then - I was expecting a lot more snow maps in a game called SnowRunner and I'd really prefer that we had more :)

Anyway...been a while hasn't it?

The Jim diGriz posts a few posts above are also me as I'd lost the login deets for my account...then right before Christmas a fatal laptop crash meant I lost the new login too. As a part of the recovery, an old password file save got reactivated and so I have my original account login back!

All largely irrelevant for anyone who didn't know, or follow me when I was mostly active a few years back.

So, happy new year all and here are some new SnowRunner shots (I'm still working on getting my archives back)

Attachments

• SnowRunner_20221229064208.png
    SnowRunner_20221229064208.png
    481.1 KB · Views: 7
  • SnowRunner_20221229080827.png
    SnowRunner_20221229080827.png
    466.7 KB · Views: 7
  • SnowRunner_20221226053702.png
    SnowRunner_20221226053702.png
    453 KB · Views: 7
  • SnowRunner_20221228070717.png
    SnowRunner_20221228070717.png