SRM has moved over to the pcars2 section, see ya on the other side!PS4 

• Thread starter mphile77
  • 4,511 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@mphile77 put it best: FAN-:censored:ING-TASTIC!

I'm so happy we not only have a full lobby of great racers, but the racing packs all seem to be really tight too! Big props to new blood @SGETI @Alex ONeill @bloodyboyblue @bluetusk & @GTproRacer29 for joining us and being clean and competitive. Really hope everyone sticks it out for the series because it's only going to get more fun and more crazy. :D

Onward to the current standings:

SRM---Series-Results---2016-Clio-Cup.jpg

*Please note current point standings change*

@GTracerEHTeam was disconnected on lap 25 of 28 during Round 1 at Silverstone with a firm grasp on 2nd place. He has thus been awarded 2nd place position/points for Round 1 @ Silverstone.

Please submit any protests in an envelop post-dated no later than 30 seconds after the race to the SRM PR Department
Attn: Mphile. :P

But really guys, great stuff. Maybe we can all get some guys together tomorrow and support some PITS action and Friday for some casual tomfoolery and well, madness. :sly:

Attachments

• SRM - Series Results - 2016 Clio Cup.pdf
    286.8 KB · Views: 6
@mphile77 put it best: FAN-:censored:ING-TASTIC!

I'm so happy we not only have a full lobby of great racers, but the racing packs all seem to be really tight too! Big props to new blood @SGETI @Alex ONeill @bloodyboyblue @bluetusk & @GTproRacer29 for joining us and being clean and competitive. Really hope everyone sticks it out for the series because it's only going to get more fun and more crazy. :D

Onward to the current standings:

View attachment 585288

*Please note current point standings change*

@GTracerEHTeam was disconnected on lap 25 of 28 during Round 1 at Silverstone with a firm grasp on 2nd place. He has thus been awarded 2nd place position/points for Round 1 @ Silverstone.

Please submit any protests in an envelop post-dated no later than 30 seconds after the race to the SRM PR Department
Attn: Mphile. :P

But really guys, great stuff. Maybe we can all get some guys together tomorrow and support some PITS action and Friday for some casual tomfoolery and well, madness. :sly:

You give people their positions when they DC? Also I finished ahead of Sifupooh (I think? All I know is I passed a pink car at the end) at Silverstone, passed him on the final straight, and behind abetterplaya.

Last edited:
Great racing guys,your all pretty damn quick haha ,well I just started to use my g27 so for me practice,practice,practice . I didn't really kno there were 2 races at 2 different tracks . I had to finish up some stuff from work but next time I'll be prepared :) ,thanks guys for allowing me to join

You give people their positions when they DC? Also I finished ahead of Sifupooh (I think? All I know is I passed a pink car at the end) at Silverstone, passed him on the final straight, and behind abetterplaya.

With 90% of the race completed, 2nd place points at risk, a large gap to 3rd place, and a very reliable and consistent participant, yes we awarded the position due to DC. Something we started doing after Mphile got hosed on the last corner of the last lap of a race at Bathurst a few months ago.

I'll switch you and Sifupooh when j get home. Thanks for the clarification. :) It's pretty well known how unreliable the finishing positions in this game are, so if you guys ever feel we got it wrong from the standings, let us know and we'll investigate. :cheers:

Hello everyone, I have a question. Does anyone race with actual racing shoes ? Because I use socks with little rubber spots on the bottom but I need a shoe ,my heels kill me after a few races lol. So my question is ,are they worth it ? What brand ? And what size should I get if I wear a men's US size 10.5.

Hello everyone, I have a question. Does anyone race with actual racing shoes ? Because I use socks with little rubber spots on the bottom but I need a shoe ,my heels kill me after a few races lol. So my question is ,are they worth it ? What brand ? And what size should I get if I wear a men's US size 10.5.
I do. Had to. Heel pain was the cause. I tried a pair crocs first but now I use an old pair of forgotten adidas racing shoes. A pity I never initially bought them one size larger or even a 0.5 size up. My shoe size is 12 us

Last edited:
I wear socks, or im barefoot. If its a race im usually in socks for sure. Winter time wool socks because its cold in my room, haha

I wear socks, or im barefoot. If its a race im usually in socks for sure. Winter time wool socks because its cold in my room, haha
Get a pair of good Indian Moccasins.
That's what I wear. Don't actually do 🤬 for my driving but feet are OK.:cool:

Da tune, page by page, used for both tracks. Good for high 1:03's on Silverstone and if you really put it together on Snetterton a 1:18.9

Tyres Soft

FL 1.65
FR 1.45
RL 1.20
RR 1.10

BP 100%
BB 25%
BD 0%

Steering Ratio 13.9:1

FL Camber -2.7
FR Camber -2.7
RL Camber -1.4
RR Camber -1.4
F Toe 0.9
R Toe 0.9

F Sway Bar 15 N/mm
R Sway Bar 60 N/mm

FL Slow Bump 24800
FR Slow Bump 24800
RL Slow Bump 9700
RR Slow Bump 9700

RL Fast Bump 2700
RR Fast Bump 2700

FL Slow Rebound 20000
FR Slow Rebound 20000
RL Slow Rebound 3700
RR Slow Rebound 3700

FL Fast Rebound 9650
FR Fast Rebound 9650
RL Fast Rebound 6700
RR Fast Rebound 6700

LS Accel 50%
LS Decel 20%
LS Preload 0 N-m

Gearing dead stock

Race Fuel Load 34 L
Qualify Fuel Laod 10 L

Brake Mapping 4

I know I wasn't asked for it, but I felt pretty obligated to post it here.
A belated thank you. But is BB @ 25% a typo? I can't quite brake before going on an agricultural excursion.

So here was my view for the last 15min of race 2 last night, wow that was fun!

Educational stuff. I'm not a pious man, but a great Daemon or Keyser Soze designed Snetterton 200. That sweeping right followed by an abrupt left with the red curb / wall of death, killed me many times. On that sweeping right were you blipping the throttle or simultaneously braking?

Educational stuff. I'm not a pious man, but a great Daemon or Keyser Soze designed Snetterton 200. That sweeping right followed by an abrupt left with the red curb / wall of death, killed me many times. On that sweeping right were you blipping the throttle or simultaneously braking?
The long sweeping right hander leading up to the last turn? If so with fresh tires i could hold it wide open through it all, then jam on the hooks while engine braking as well, worn tires i just feathered the throttle to keep it on the inside. My worst spot was going under the bridge, i crashed 3 times there :lol:

Added: i do drive 2 footed, but i dont trail brake at all, im a brake first then coast in kinda guy. If i trail brake its a 🤬 show!

The long sweeping right hander leading up to the last turn? If so with fresh tires i could hold it wide open through it all, then jam on the hooks while engine braking as well, worn tires i just feathered the throttle to keep it on the inside. My worst spot was going under the bridge, i crashed 3 times there :lol:

Added: i do drive 2 footed, but i dont trail brake at all, im a brake first then coast in kinda guy. If i trail brake its a 🤬 show!

That's the one thing I took away (besides 2nd :sly:), when we were close I'd be on your bumper every time through the bridge. Felt good knowing I could gain a smidgen of time on you there. That'll be the only time. :lol:

That's the one thing I took away (besides 2nd :sly:), when we were close I'd be on your bumper every time through the bridge. Felt good knowing I could gain a smidgen of time on you there. That'll be the only time. :lol:
Yeah I truly hate that turn :banghead:, when i would make it through i would smile, when I crashed I laughed because i knew it was coming :D

Until now was clueless to what trail braking was. I'm a habitual trail braker, drive two footed, don't coast. Then again I've been finishing P-Last. That sweeping right, tough to get right. You running the aforementioned setup. F/R toe 0.9?

Also, Friday practice, which tracks are on the docket?

Donington National and Dubai Autodrome Club

Yeah a bit of practice for sure, but night usually devolves into shenanigans, just so you know. :embarrassed:

I was SUPPOSED to be starting my weekend at Sonoma Friday night watching all the racecars, but that fell through last minute. So I expect to be around now, very salty and driving Indy cars and GT3's around Sonoma in pCars instead.:dunce:

Until now was clueless to what trail braking was. I'm a habitual trail braker, drive two footed, don't coast. Then again I've been finishing P-Last. That sweeping right, tough to get right. You running the aforementioned setup. F/R toe 0.9?
I will post my setup next time i jump online. Compared to the one posted by eh team there are some differences, but of course we are on different gear, and we all feel different stuff while driving because everyone has different driving styles.

If you ever need info for the series, or what we are doing next, just go to page one as it has all the info there, page one will always be like that and we constantly update it. This way you dont have to wait for a response when you have a question.

I will post my setup next time i jump online. Compared to the one posted by eh team there are some differences, but of course we are on different gear, and we all feel different stuff while driving because everyone has different driving styles.

If you ever need info for the series, or what we are doing next, just go to page one as it has all the info there, page one will always be like that and we constantly update it. This way you dont have to wait for a response when you have a question.
thank you. i'm starting to understand how layered setups can be with racers using different wheels, pedals, and brake mods. My gear, thrustmaster t150, w/ taboo brake mod. I'm settling on just using the default ffb calibration setting with two adjustments. FFb set at 80 and tire strength at 98. No tweaks done per car as by JSpade. Utlimately the rabbit hole is just too too deep.

thank you. i'm starting to understand how layered setups can be with racers using different wheels, pedals, and brake mods. My gear, thrustmaster t150, w/ taboo brake mod. I'm settling on just using the default ffb calibration setting with two adjustments. FFb set at 80 and tire strength at 98. No tweaks done per car as by JSpade. Utlimately the rabbit hole is just too too deep.
Dont be afraid of that rabbit hole, you can gain a whole new feel for a car in the individual car wheel settings! If you have a mic we can sit down one night and i will walk ya through it! Once you learn how to apply a wheel tune per car, you will fall in love!

Dont be afraid of that rabbit hole, you can gain a whole new feel for a car in the individual car wheel settings! If you have a mic we can sit down one night and i will walk ya through it! Once you learn how to apply a wheel tune per car, you will fall in love!
There is a bunch of good guys here. Don't be afraid to ask. Isn't there a link on page 1 to Oscar Olim?

ok great, appreciate it. looked at and will continue to go over several guides on the webs that enthusiasts put together so i'm familiar with the concepts, albeit my understanding is still not there. a month ago i encountered a mind blasting experience, an excel (google) sheet on project cars force feedback guide.

There is a bunch of good guys here. Don't be afraid to ask. Isn't there a link on page 1 to Oscar Olim?
howdy! so with the oscarolim.pt per car settings, if one adjusts the master scale, i.e renault clio cup version 3 to 48 from it's default setting, does that negate reducing steering alignment from it's default of 13.91 to something to 12.01. my wheel thrustmaster t150 is calibrated to 900 degrees of rotation.

Probably not going to be around tonight, staying over a buddies house so we can leave early for Sonoma tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back