"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
The RUF Yellowbird still says "PORSCHE" in the rear lights, it seems more visible now than it did in GT5 after whatever change they made.

You can't see it so well on this pic but I'll post anyway because it's my favourite of the car :D

PorscheAdLarge.jpg

The RUF Yellowbird still says "PORSCHE" in the rear lights, it seems more visible now than it did in GT5 after whatever change they made.

You can't see it so well on this pic but I'll post anyway because it's my favourite of the car :D

PorscheAdLarge.jpg
IIRC the Yellowbird is a one-off and it has the "Porsche" words on the lights in real life too.

IIRC the Yellowbird is a one-off and it has the "Porsche" words on the lights in real life too.

There were 29 originals and the Porsche lens was indeed retained... it just surprised me that it was there as I'd never previously realised it was.

The P911 in the game is considered (so I was told elsewhere on GTP) to be the Yellowbird though...

That would involve them flipping the side the steering wheel is on, on a few of them, and that's sooo hard for them
I don't think you understand how hard it is to "flip" a model.

It's not as simple as just moving the steering wheel to the other side. They'd have to remodel the dash to be its mirrored counterpart (or if they mirrored it, they'd have to completely remap it to unflip the textures), move the steering wheel over to the other side, set the newer co-ordinates for the cockpit camera and driver model, use the opposite-hand-drive shifting animation, and test the combination of these to make sure none of the animations clip.

I don't think you understand how hard it is to "flip" a model.

It's not as simple as just moving the steering wheel to the other side. They'd have to remodel the dash to be its mirrored counterpart (or if they mirrored it, they'd have to completely remap it to unflip the textures), move the steering wheel over to the other side, set the newer co-ordinates for the cockpit camera and driver model, use the opposite-hand-drive shifting animation, and test the combination of these to make sure none of the animations clip.
I realize it's not easy, it's called a joke.

Good to see the Auto Union touched up, I thought it looked different in the dealership...

Man if that's the touched up version of the Auto Union I'm glad I missed out on the original! :scared:

It was pretty rough even in GT...was it 4?

I guess PD have applied some simple tweening technology to the body models, it looks like they've also put newer light models in where available.

I'm sick of hearing T10 say that the models need rescanning for next-gen, I think that most A-level Design students would be able to do this upgrade. At a contractor's rate, obviously... :)

Got some question for Formula GT. When driving the Formula GT in cockpit view in GT5, there is shifting animation of the driver but this disappear in GT6. Wonder how this happen

Back