STCC: Super Touring Car Championship - V8-Johnboy is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter Scaniabebe
  • 2,182 comments
Well, we did some more testing.. Only got a bit more to do at that track..

Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow
1998 Alfa Romeo 156: 1:19.891
1998 Audi S4: 1:19.370
1998 BMW M Coupe: 1:20.053
1998 Ford Taurus SHO: 1:22.277
2000 Honda Accord Euro-R: 1:18.895
1990 Nissan Primera 2.0Te: 1:19.487
1998 Peugeot 406 Coupe: 1:22.138
2000 Renault Megane IDE Coupe: 1:20.839
1998 Toyota Altezza RS200: NO TIME RECORDED YET.
2003 Volvo S60 T5 Sport: 1:19.781

So from this, we can see that the Alfa, BMW and Volvo are pretty equal.. With the Audi making a bit of a run for it! The Honda collects the fastest time by around a second - with the Primera 0.6 seconds behind. The Renault still need some work as it's almost a second off the main pack pace; but the Peugeot and Ford.. Don't ask...

The Volvo actually is one of my personal favorites.. And I like the Audi although the 20:80 Power Split feels a little on the weird side!

The Ford and Peugeot I kind of expected to be a bit awkward just from their shape which could give an interesting drive, but I have hope for the megane because I really loved its Laguna counterpart in the STCC and its livery's:

laguna2.jpg

864625Plato99Brands.jpg

I would personally have gone for a Laguna if there was available.. But sadly it wasn't to be! The Megane really lacks something to be fair:/

So whats the plan less weight or more powerrrrrrrrrrr for the snail mobils?:P

Well I'm going to try them with more weight tonight - see if it helps as it's common for FWD cars to be faster with more weight on board! But we'll also try lighter too! If you want to pop in to look over testing then feel free! 👍

What ya gonna make that Ford even fatter??? Oh my!:eek::lol:

I always had a soft spot for that Volvo during the Geeky BTCC days whilst everybody else hated it!:P

What ya gonna make that Ford even fatter??? Oh my!:eek::lol:

Well, we'll have to see how that goes.. May go well - may not go so well! :lol:

I always had a soft spot for that Volvo during the Geeky BTCC days whilst everybody else hated it!:P

Well I really wanted a Volvo in this Series - and would have gone for an S40 if there was one.. And because the Swedish Touring Car Championship stopped running Super Tourers in 2002.. I'm going to allow this 03' Model in! :P

im interested in this put my name down

Okay, I'll put your name down! 👍

--------

In other news, I've got two more cars I'm going to throw into the mix and see if I can spec up.. Let's just put it this way.. Volvo has the V40 or whatever it was in 1995.. We have the Lexus IS300 Sport Cross that I'm gunna try out;)

Indeed! Put it at the same Specs as the Toyota for now as they're almost identical cars (apart from one is slightly longer and a tad heavier at stock). As well as that, I'll be trying out a Vauxhall and a Mazda! 👍

Lounge opening in 15 minutes!

Indeed! Put it at the same Specs as the Toyota for now as they're almost identical cars (apart from one is slightly longer and a tad heavier at stock). As well as that, I'll be trying out a Vauxhall and a Mazda! 👍

Vauxhall/Lotus Carlton and Mazda 323F I pressume?

I'll be on soon!

Well 1 should b a 2.0litre the other a 3.0litre i should know i had one.:P

Latest Posts

Back