Stocks tips

• Thread starter cj10
  • 286 comments
It's because they don't work that way like real stocks. Instead of buying/ selling stocks making the market change, buying a company's products or destroying their products is what would make it change.

Let's all stop buying stuff from Ammunition!

It's because they don't work that way like real stocks. Instead of buying/ selling stocks making the market change, buying a company's products or destroying their products is what would make it change.

I don't think either of those things have an effect on it. Ammunation has been tanking for over a week, not gone up as everyone predicted when online started and everyone was buying weapons.

Also the 'destroy vehicles of a company rival' approach has been proven to be false AFAIK.

It's not like money is hard to come by, but some inside insight into how the systems are programmed would be very interesting.

Looking at the current graph, it looks like everything is starting to level off. So this maybe the "peak" or "lul" in the market before things either start dropping or rising.

That's what I thought, so I sold my shares of PIS at $48.46 this morning. Checked it this evening and it's up to $50-something. Oh well, I could always reinvest if I really wanted to, but seeing as how I doubled my money on PIS alone, I might stay with what I've got.

Good thing is unlike the real market it doesn't completely tank in a matter of hours so as soon as you see something start going down you can get out and only lose out a little bit.

PIS does seem to still be tailing off slightly but has still earned over 6% in the last 24hrs, making it the highest earner with HAL a very close second. I have to admit I am keeping a closer eye on it at the moment though. Then I will sell off and do the missions for Lester.

So far I missed every big profitable change on the stock market. Yes, even the Lester ones. :dunce:

I do have a question on the PIS thing that happened a while ago.
When the guy on the GTA forum asked for everyone to start buying, was the stock share on it's lowest ($2.26)?

EDIT:
Also, anybody know what the update frequency is on http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/bawsaq?

Last edited:
I think I bought my shares around $5 each, but that was after a while.

The update frequency should be about once every hour, but I don't have an exact time.

I think I bought my shares around $5 each, but that was after a while.

The update frequency should be about once every hour, but I don't have an exact time.

I check a couple of times each day but sometimes its just staying where its at and like now it raised a little bit the last 2 hours.. Looks a bit random.

I kept my eye on it for the passed few days and it seems to update a bit random at times.
Sometimes it updated about every hour and other times it stayed static for 3 hours.

I was rather late at the Pißwasser party but so far it made me $ 1.5M on each character so far. Just wish I would've been more alert on the stockmarket tips here. I would've made a lot more money than now.

When the guy on the GTA forum asked for everyone to start buying, was the stock share on it's lowest ($2.26)?

Each PIS share was about that price at the time, yeah. And by that point some of us had already made a tidy profit.

I should note that that post wasn't linked here until a 3 days after it was submitted on the GT forum. The lowest price shown online was somewhere between $0.40 and $0.50 that week, before the big rise began. So whoever bought stock then would have seen the biggest gain.

I kept my eye on it for the passed few days and it seems to update a bit random at times.
Sometimes it updated about every hour and other times it stayed static for 3 hours.

I've only noticed it updating hourly.

And by God, it's still been rising sharply this weekend.

Keep an eye on Crevis. They've been heading downward all week. Wait for them to reach rock bottom and stabilise or start rising then buy. I bought too early, yesterday, and they've kept falling. They should start rising soon though.

So I was right on this one. It hit a low of $408 on Wednesday and has climbed back up to $523 today. Big profit for anyone that got in on that.

I think so. As far as I can work out, the 'give someone a ride' random events aren't completed until you drop the passenger somewhere (their chosen destination or the Altruists).
I have had a couple of people get out of the car because I got wanted levels, and still gone beck to them later. This definitely happened to the girl who wants you to drive her to the lighthouse.

Soooo PIS stocks are still rising, I got in at about $3 and now they're ~$64..

If I sell them I can afford anything single player has to offer with plenty of money left over, however if I do I feel like I am losing out while they continue to raise... I kinda wish they would stop going up now. :lol:

Jay

If I sell them I can afford anything single player has to offer with plenty of money left over, however if I do I feel like I am losing out while they continue to raise... I kinda wish they would stop going up now. :lol:

PIS should raise way above their all time max for me. Like mentioned before, I was late at the party and only bought shares, worth all my money from all three characters, at $ 50 or so. :boggled:

Jay

Just do what I've been doing. I use the stocks as a cashpoint. I generally have as little money as possible in my 'pocket' (this also means when you get wasted you have no hospital bills to pay) then when I want to buy something, I just sell enough shares to purchase it and then put the proceeds back into my stocks.

Ammnuation seems to be rising again. Not sure how it will pan out though, best to make a different save for the risk!

BDG, and ZIT are at their all time lows, I would keep my eyes on those two stocks.

TNK is also near or at it's low.

PIS is now around 71 and that should be most of the money maker if on board early.

Ammnuation seems to be rising again. Not sure how it will pan out though, best to make a different save for the risk!

I see AMU down even more for me. Down 12$

Edit: If anyone is on xbox and had HAL yesterday or before HAL went from 44$ to 95$ in one day. Wonder if xbox has their stocks moving more like they should?

TJ13
I see AMU down even more for me. Down 12$

I play GTA V on xbox, I didn't realise that both consoles had a different BAWSAQ stock Market. So far I made 1.7 million profit since yesterday after investing 5m.

BAWSAQ is the one that players could manipulate a little bit and the other one can't.
Also BAWSAQ sounds like ball sack.

On PS3 both Badger and Zit are now well below 1/10th of their high and soon each stock will be into single figures. Could be worth a punt then.

Both badger and zit are now at or below 5 now. as pis is still going up...

Back