STORAGETRUNKS GT3 SERIES - SLS AMG - 90 Minute Race Series- Monday Nights 19:00 UK- FREE SPOTSFinished 

Championship Points Standings
Full details & Results on page 1

After week 8 of 10 weeks

Pos---Total-----Driver

-1---------134--------JONJ
-2---------127--------AUGH
-3---------113--------LOGI
-4---------096--------DANL
-5---------081--------JFROD
-6---------070----------BENM
-7---------065--------GU1T
-8---------063--------DELT
-9-----------055---------STAR
10---------050--------ERAZ
11---------036--------GTB2
12---------032--------SLOW
13---------023--------GRIN
14---------017--------PEES
15---------016--------FRAN
16---------014--------GUEV
17---------010---------NIKM
18---------010--------BMW
19---------009--------DAVE
20---------008--------SAMD
21---------006----------JHEP

WEEK 9 Mon 18th April Grand Valley

Groups & Time delays

Group 5: +000 sec---GO AT GREEN 00:00.000

Deajay BMWM3 Cpettet1 Francis Hepburn
Jibber Jamy Scott Elefant Jake CC Prenta Tube

Group 4: +090 sec---GO AT 01:30.000

Ben Logic Gu1 SamD GTB2012 GtSail Gueven Tnt Fili
Wack Grin Pee Sam Jiles Danni Srt Erdink

Group 3: +150 sec---GO AT 02:30.000

Jon Jfrod Daniel Delta Dave Slow Rono Mikey

Group 2: +180 sec---GO AT 03:00.000

Star Sken Nik Filo Glen Lozza Phaed

Group 1: +210 sec---GO AT 03:30.000

Aug Erazer Gippone Chris Ayhan

Last edited:
2 more races to go in this series.

For the next series i would like to have groups starting as follows.
Group 1 Green
Group 2 + 30 sec
Group 3 + 1min
group 4 + 1min 30sec
group 5 + 2min
group 6 + 2min 30sec
group 7 + 3min
group 8 + 3min 30 sec

This will allow us to better place drivers that are a little faster or slower than our current groups.
It would not be any harder to manage but may be a little more balanced.

@Stephen Vann - I should be able to join your race series for the next race at Grand Valley on April 18th, so please add me to one of your groups if you have room for another GT fanatic:D

Hey Gt, thats great, you are always welcome.

I have you on our page 1 listing as Group 4 the same as me, i think we are pretty similar pace ?
correct me if i am wrong ? but you are listed as G4 unless you tell me different.

Hi Log and everyone else :cheers:. Any chance that the spa race will be wet? If so, i want to take part if possibel.:cheers:
Hey Fili, well i would love a final wet race.
We had one at Suzuka, with weather on 20% and changeablity on x13 - we had track wet at the start and it dried quickly, then it rained at around 40 minutes and got to 100% and stayed that ways for 25 minutes then dried out for the last 25 minutes - it was very exciting, so i would love to have the final race as wet.
The car is easy to drive in the wet, also as we run gtpss rules, TC is allowed.

But its not just down to me, i need to know that all the regulars are happy with a possibly wet last race.

I will ask and let you know mate.

Fili back on gt6 at Spa? Makes me wish to come back to re-enact our first meeting there :D

Bust stop FTW LOL

Ahha, yes i remember it well, i had just recruited a young Fili, and we trained together all week, i told him what a great bunch of guys we were in the series and how we were all such fair drivers.

Then in the race you Ram poor Fili into the wall, and blame him for it, lol, poor Fili, makes me want to give him a hug. Lol.

I THINK A FAIR WAY IS TO VOTE FOR VARIABLE WEATHER AT SPA -

The weather would be almost the same setting as we had at at Suzuka
The Race settings would be
Weather at race start 20%
Time 12.00
Time progression X1
Weather changeability X15
Surface water at start 100%

Top 8 Drivers in Championship Standings to vote Yes or No

Pos------Total-------Driver----VOTE

-1---------134--------JONJ----YES
-2---------127--------AUGH----YES
-3---------113--------LOGI----YES
-4---------096--------DANL----YES

-5---------081--------JFROD----
-6---------070---------BENM----
-7---------065--------GU1T-----
-8---------063--------DELT------YES

Last edited:
I shouldn't be in Group 3! Just noticed it. I was a second a minute off their pace in the only test race I did at Bathurst.

Oh well, another race I can't enjoy due to favouritism from the organisers. Why do you need to start 1 entire minute ahead of me, logic? Really that keen to win your own series?

GTB should be Group 4. He was running same lap times as Group 4 once he settled in on Indianapolis. The fastest time he claimed he achieved would have been middle of Group 3, in fact.

EDIT: I take it the incidents reported between me and GTB haven't been looked at?

EDIT2: @DrAug should be Group 2 instead of Group 1 by now?

EDIT3: Wow, how is @DeltaJuliet in group 4?! He's driven Group 3 pace in every race I've seen.

I still watch and read this thread everyday, I must say that I get a bit tired of reading the crud you post Ben. Stephen has ran a series for quite a few years and has done an amazing job of it. It's not perfect all the time, but it is the series I return to. Please be respectful to our race organizer or respectfully bow out of the series.
I still have my PS3 Stephen and my Monday mornings are boring. I do apologize for my post. I feel Ben needs to talk to you privately about these issues he seems to have.
I might join in for Spa. I vote no rain, but will drive in it at Spa if voted in.
Might join for Grand Valley also, I really like GV :)
Tyson

I still watch and read this thread everyday, I must say that I get a bit tired of reading the crud you post Ben. Stephen has ran a series for quite a few years and has done an amazing job of it. It's not perfect all the time, but it is the series I return to. Please be respectful to our race organizer or respectfully bow out of the series.
I still have my PS3 Stephen and my Monday mornings are boring. I do apologize for my post. I feel Ben needs to talk to you privately about these issues he seems to have.
I might join in for Spa. I vote no rain, but will drive in it at Spa if voted in.
Might join for Grand Valley also, I really like GV :)
Tyson
Hey Tyson, how are you dear.
It would be great to see you again old friend, and of course you are more than welcome at any time.
I will stick you in Group 4 as thats where you belong i guess.
You may need to get on with a bit of practice on Gt6, i know you hav e by now got the pcars bug, but i promise we have plenty of bugs here.

Guys I note a few comments that I am fast for G4, on certain tracks yes I have good pace of recent times, but I had genuinely practiced for Bathurst - and I admit I pulled quite a lead - but at the same time I managed to not make any real mistakes so I'm gonna give credit to myself where its due. :P Also I had the added incentive of catching @GTB2012GT3 at the start (whose lead in front of me stayed strong for a long time!), the incentive of running away from @DrAug as he crept up the rankings towards the end, the incentive of actually winning being a possibility and also the incentive that I might not actually get Dc'd from a podium fighting position!!

Anyhow I am really happy to have scored my first victory but even more so I am actually really excited to start G3 for the next race, I feel ready to at least try it in the next group up - the series has most definitely made me a better and more consistent driver - and I love GValley so why not!

Also - I may regret this - YES to rain at Spa! :mischievous:

Fili back on gt6 at Spa? Makes me wish to come back to re-enact our first meeting there :D

Bust stop FTW LOL
NNNNOOOO Not the bus stop again :lol:. I just remember it as clear as day, having to wait for all other cars to go pass. :(
It would be great for all the old boys to re-enter the final race imo.

Hey Fili, well i would love a final wet race.
We had one at Suzuka, with weather on 20% and changeablity on x13 - we had track wet at the start and it dried quickly, then it rained at around 40 minutes and got to 100% and stayed that ways for 25 minutes then dried out for the last 25 minutes - it was very exciting, so i would love to have the final race as wet.
The car is easy to drive in the wet, also as we run gtpss rules, TC is allowed.

But its not just down to me, i need to know that all the regulars are happy with a possibly wet last race.

I will ask and let you know mate.
It seems right to me being in group 4 with you. Even though it's been a long time since i last raced on GT6. Traction control..... :crazy: 100% rain FTW.
Training on wednesday like back then?

NNNNOOOO Not the bus stop again :lol:. I just remember it as clear as day, having to wait for all other cars to go pass. :(
It would be great for all the old boys to re-enter the final race imo.

It seems right to me being in group 4 with you. Even though it's been a long time since i last raced on GT6. Traction control..... :crazy: 100% rain FTW.
Training on wednesday like back then?
Training most nights Fili there is someone in the club room.

JUST A QUESTION FOR OUR DRIVERS

How many would struggle if we suggested the start time of our Monday races moving earlier ?

It has been suggested - be in the lobby at 18.15 UK
Race start at 18.30 UK

Just a question that has been suggested by one of our members ?

no to wet race, LOL see this today steve thought of you !!!
pink m.jpg

Just saw the vote.

Weather at Spa: Yes.

BUT please use settings which are harder to predict and avoid 100% to 0% in 1 minute. Perhaps a much lower changeable setting and start 30% wet with 50% weather. Something perilous.

A 2h12m race I did in GT6 at Brands Hatch started dry, clouded up, then slowly rained until the end. Felt very real...especially for the UK. That only had changeable 2 I believe. Perhaps 5 would be a sweet spot.

What rate of time change shall we use? Would be cool to simulate a full 24 hours if Spa goes right around the clock. A real finale to the season. But this might not be fun or safe in one-make group racing. :nervous:

Sunnny spells at Suzuka looked beautiful. So even if it doesn't rain or get dark, slightly variable weather creates a lovely atmosphere.

Hugely enjoyable test evening at Grand Valley. Finally I have several races done to prepare properly. Still can't touch Group 3 pace, though!

Some newcomers turned up and we had some super clean racing towards the end. Lots of overtaking practise, including some long contests on worn tyres. Very educational and great fun.

In other news, I've changed my router to give a fixed IP to my PS3. PS3 now uses OpenDNS instead of the Virgin Media DNS. Super Hub 3 lacks some aspects of UPnP according to the PS3. So in the time honoured tradition of 'using a hammer to crack a nut' my router also puts the PS3 into the DMZ as per the WRS Networking Tips.

If it works, I'll remove the DMZ and manually forward ports for GT6 to see if that still works whilst being more secure. So far so good - I could see GTB properly at the start of one race.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back