Strategy for 25th anniversary manufacturers cup

• Thread starter Snah2
  • 33 comments
Start on Mediums (or Softs, if you feel like gambling for early rainfall). Most people will recommend to switch to Intermediates when the rain sets in, but in my personal experience they have a tendency to aquaplane, even when in their ideal range in the middle of the surface water level indicator.

Wet tyres worked surprisingly well for me and they were manageable enough right up to the point where the water level indicator went back to the lower third. At that point I switched back to Softs and from there went on to win the race.

The AI tend to stay out too long on the wrong tyres and therefore lose a lot of time creeping around for like half a lap. That's the single biggest factor you can take advantage of to win the race.

You guys get rain? Huh, I must be lucky then, because for me the rain starts only on the last lap.

My strategy was to not pit and just do the race on FM6 and hard tires.

I have a question? Is this race repeatable as I have not looked at the update yet, I am wondered if I have to compmlete them by Sunday or it runs for a longer time?

You guys get rain? Huh, I must be lucky then, because for me the rain starts only on the last lap.

Yes, I thought that some people were getting through without any rain at all when I saw the fastest times on the global leaderboard. In fact in my first race the rain didn't set in till lap 8 or so. In all subsequent races it started to rain in lap 4 or 5.
I have a question? Is this race repeatable as I have not looked at the update yet, I am wondered if I have to compmlete them by Sunday or it runs for a longer time?
The race is of course repeatable, but the Credit rewards can be received only once. Right now the game indicates that the races will be available for another 39 days.

Last edited:
For the Escudo one that one was kinda tricky, but when approaching turns lay off the gas or use the brake and then turn because turning while braking will cause the car to oversteer and snap to whatever direction you are turning. You also should give the car some gas to gain speed right before laying off on the final turn before the last straight.

For the Gr.3 one I used the Mazda Japan team car and it started raining on I think lap 5 so I pitted and changed to racing wets and used those until lap 9 when I had to pit for fuel. That race was pretty much a breeze though I did spin out once after hitting one of the cones during severe rain but I was so far ahead it didn't make a difference.

I tried it twice last night. Got a sprinkle of rain once and nothing the other time. Best finish of 10th while working out strategy. My friend leaderboard looked odd though. Only two others on it who had both won, but my finish time was 10sec faster than either of them.

Yes, I thought that some people were getting through without any rain at all when I saw the fastest times on the global leaderboard. In fact in my first race the rain didn't set in till lap 8 or so. In all subsequent races it started to rain in lap 4 or 5.

The race is of course repeatable, but the Credit rewards can be received only once. Right now the game indicates that the races will be available for another 39 days.
Ok that's good, my second account should be able to get some credits then, I have a lot on this weekend so the 39 days will give plenty of time.

I took 2 stints with Mediums and achieved 2.19-2,21 times, but finished 3rd with a 25 sec. gap. Unfortunately no rain. Subaru BRZ.
I will try again 😀

I tried it twice on the Supra, best I managed was a second place with a completion time of 24' and a few seconds, a little more than 7" from the winner and having the best lap around 2'18" (a few hundredths over the winner) with constant pace at 2'19, pitting only once and using RM -> RM. Trying RH -> RS led to a worse result. But I got just a light sprinkle of rain. In both cases, the winner was using the BMW.
Actually, I had an aborted attempt where rain did set in just after I changed tires. Will try again today with the BMW... :-)
As for the credits, I suppose it works like the missions/licenses: once per placement (copper, silver, gold).

Last edited:
Did them both this morning, Spa with the RSR FM1 full send on ( i think mediums, didn't change it from stock ) and rain in lap 4, stint extended to pit end of 5 for Inters, medium difficulty and 30-ish seconds ahead of numer 2
Escudo was more fun than i thought, that train of escudo's through that last corners was hilarious.
Lap six i went lawn mowing what cost me around 4 seconds but managed to regain first on the last corner lol.
So they are quite easy

The rain seems to have come earlier for me than others - end of lap 3. Pitted for inters and topped up the tank on the 911, was able to run to the finish with no more stops or any fuel saving. Was 3rd heading into the final 2 laps but the leaders pitted so I coasted to the win.

The rain seems to have come earlier for me than others - end of lap 3. Pitted for inters and topped up the tank on the 911, was able to run to the finish with no more stops or any fuel saving. Was 3rd heading into the final 2 laps but the leaders pitted so I coasted to the win.
It's completely random. My first attempt saw heavy rain (radar with lots of yellow spots) coming exactly as you describe, while in my other two it didn't came altogether or was very light. I wondered if an evil AI just decides on that depending on the starting tires... :lol:

Last edited:
Regarding Spa - weather is random in each race, but if you retry the event without exiting the race, it will always be the same, rain comes in the exact same time and same intensity. This can help you on strategy.

As for the cars, Merc is excellent, even if you drive without any majestic laps, you will still manage to hunt down the leader by the half race distance (if it doesn't rain). My strategy was to start on mediums, full throttle all the way, I caught up to the leader by the end of lap 5, then the rain came, put on a set of Inters, filled up the tank and won the race.

Last edited:
Did Spa last night, used softs for 4 laps and then mediums for rest of the race, finished 1st on first attempt and no rain !!

Last edited:
I used the AMG on RS and FM1 for the first 3 laps. Rain started at end of lap 3. According to the radar, the rain was going to be heavy so I put on wets and filled the tank. Filling only gave me 6 laps so I was going to be short a lap....I did lap 4 also on FM1 and switched to FM6 on lap 5 expecting rain to last the rest of the way. It almost did....it stopped for a couple of laps and then on lap 9, it rained hard again. I was able to finish on the wets and dialed up to FM4-1 during the last 3 laps with no threats from 2nd.

Switching to hards after lap 3 let me have a 17 second lead by the end of lap 4 as I passed everyone because their slicks were no match for all of the water.

Last edited:
Regarding Spa - weather is random in each race, but if you retry the event without exiting the race, it will always be the same, rain comes in the exact same time and same intensity. This can help you on strategy.

As for the cars, Merc is excellent, even if you drive without any majestic laps, you will still manage to hunt down the leader by the half race distance (if it doesn't rain). My strategy was to start on mediums, full throttle all the way, I caught up to the leader by the end of lap 5, then the rain came, put on a set of Inters, filled up the tank and won the race.
I tried last night and saw the rain coming so tactically pitted for inters, the rain just skirted past the circuit so should have stayed on Hards! Pitted again to change tyres then had a big spin at Pouhon so quit! Basically had a really bad attempt!! 😂

...are we talking here about Spa and Willow? Well, Willow is straight forward, Escudo and full send :)
I did Spa on first run with M6, started with RS tyres, pitted lap 4, filled fuel to the max and switched to RM and finished race with approx 1/3 of tank... Had a bit of rain in 5th lap, but nothing major, however, if race would go on, I'd hat to pit, since a lot of clouds came at the end of the race...

Sunny the whole race for me. Used the BRZ and went 4S, 6M with a splash of fuel. Won handily with an overall time of 23-1/2 minutes.

I really thought I was going to lose this one because of gambling on an early pit stop for wets but just barely won the event on the first try.

I used the Beetle Gr.3 starting on mediums, fuel map 1. Lapped 2.17s dropping to 2.15s once the car got lighter. Pit at the end of lap 5 for another set of mediums and fuel to make it to the end. (Side note, I didn’t realize this car has a 7th gear until about lap 7 lol). On lap 8 I saw huge rain (darkest spots on radar I’ve seen in the game) coming so I went in for full wets only. The rain came on lap 10 and the AI didn’t pit. On the last lap they were barely moving, I recovered a 16 second gap on the final lap passing the leader into Blanchimont for the win.

Third time lucky. Chose the Mercedes, started on soft as default, got the leader by bus stop on lap 4. Entered pits, swapped to rains (heavy storm was coming) and had to control damage on the following lap, until the track was fully wet. Then the AI started entering the pits, then it was just a matter of not making big mistakes. Won pretty easily.

BTW: if you restart the event, the weather evolution stays the same.

Third time lucky. Chose the Mercedes, started on soft as default, got the leader by bus stop on lap 4. Entered pits, swapped to rains (heavy storm was coming) and had to control damage on the following lap, until the track was fully wet. Then the AI started entering the pits, then it was just a matter of not making big mistakes. Won pretty easily.

BTW: if you restart the event, the weather evolution stays the
The Wets lasted 6 laps? I thought they were only good for 2 or 3.

I'm going to try your strategy but I'm almost certain I'll never catch the leader as quickly as you did.

I did two runs. One was in the Mazda RXV, and the other was in the Subaru BRZ.

In the RXV run, it was looking like I would only be able to get 4 laps out of the Soft tires... So I probably would have gone 4 Soft - 6 Medium (+ refuel). However, I had torrential rain appear in the race, so I had to pit at the end of lap 2. In the end, I went 2 Soft - 8 Wet, and had to fuel save in the last 2 laps. The RXV is good on high and medium speed corners, and it's good on fuel. Tire wear is okay, but the BRZ does both better.

For the BRZ, I had the best scenario: the track was dry the entire time. While the BRZ has less power than the other Gr. 3 cars, it's one of the lightest cars, so it's good on fuel and tires. It also has a lot of downforce, so you can fly through the higher speed turns. For this run, I was able to go 5 Soft - 5 Soft, without much issue. I shifted when the shift bar filled up.

I did two runs. One was in the Mazda RXV, and the other was in the Subaru BRZ.

In the RXV run, it was looking like I would only be able to get 4 laps out of the Soft tires... So I probably would have gone 4 Soft - 6 Medium (+ refuel). However, I had torrential rain appear in the race, so I had to pit at the end of lap 2. In the end, I went 2 Soft - 8 Wet, and had to fuel save in the last 2 laps. The RXV is good on high and medium speed corners, and it's good on fuel. Tire wear is okay, but the BRZ does both better.

For the BRZ, I had the best scenario: the track was dry the entire time. While the BRZ has less power than the other Gr. 3 cars, it's one of the lightest cars, so it's good on fuel and tires. It also has a lot of downforce, so you can fly through the higher speed turns. For this run, I was able to go 5 Soft - 5 Soft, without much issue. I shifted when the shift bar filled up.
I also used the BRZ. Had a tiny bit of drizzle, not enough to matter. I also went 5 soft-5 soft. I forgot how nice that BRZ is to drive. No drama.

The Wets lasted 6 laps? I thought they were only good for 2 or 3.

I'm going to try your strategy but I'm almost certain I'll never catch the leader as quickly as you did.
As long as it rains heavily, the Wets do not really wear out, but if rain stops they last as long as the proverbial snowball in hell. Even if you don't really pass the leader before the pit stop, if you have the same weather pattern and you can lap at least 1:20s in the dry it's a matter of avoiding the gravel traps in the rain and you'll probably win. Just keep concentrated...

Rolf, just won with the AMG, meduims, only pitted once..... rain lap 4/5 I pit just as it starts to rain, hoping for a short shower I go inter.... and then spent the last 5 laps with the rain meter either just under 2/3 or in the blue :/
No cutting because the pens are harsh imo, no iffy overtakes, plenty by the ai but we expect that, few spins, couple 0.5 pen when the ai shoved me off, not fast as expected inter on a wet track lol 28.14 a win is a win :) just clicked and it gave me 1.8 mill woo hoo

I’d like to know why times in my friends list are same as mine (around 25 min for the event) yet they all finished 1st and the best I can muster is 9th after three tries.

I’d like to know why times in my friends list are same as mine (around 25 min for the event) yet they all finished 1st and the best I can muster is 9th after three tries.
All down to luck of the weather, also if you get to the front the ai get more grip and hp (imo), also are you running easy, normal or hard? Some cars trigger the ai and they are faster try the AMG

Good luck

Back