Help with GT cup Gr3 Mount Panorama

• Thread starter Antezz
  • 66 comments
Ireland
Ireland
Hi.

Tried this couple of times and best result I've got so far is 3rd. What car do other people recommend for this and a strategy for the race. Thanks

Hi.

Tried this couple of times and best result I've got so far is 3rd. What car do other people recommend for this and a strategy for the race. Thanks
Amg gr.3 new one. 6 laps Medium, 4 laps soft.

Im on it right now again, after 1 1/2 lap 1 place. Fuel on lap 5 with tire change. The Merc hase a good amount of torq for the uphill section and you have to nail the midsection, in that area the Ai lost the most time.

Last edited:
Im on it right now again, after 1 1/2 lap 1 place. Fuel on lap 5 with tire change. The Merc hase a good amount of torq for the uphill section and you have to nail the midsection, in that area the Ai lost the most time.
The GT-R Nismo was a waste of time. No pace, no grip to corner or accelerate out the corners. Was left going backwards in the order. Pitted and spun fighting a Mazda so finished last. Total waste of time. I hate these races where you bop is limited and the AI is unrealistically on a far higher bop.

The GT-R Nismo was a waste of time. No pace, no grip to corner or accelerate out the corners. Was left going backwards in the order. Pitted and spun fighting a Mazda so finished last. Total waste of time. I hate these races where you bop is limited and the AI is unrealistically on a far higher bop.
Whats your best lap time you can do?

the grid adjust slightly to the car you choose.
With AMG‘20
IMG_8096.jpeg

With the GTR-Nismo‘18 (with an mistake)
IMG_8097.jpeg

The Nismo is a bit more bitchy out of the corners then the AMG.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just not good enough. I could only get a 2.11 in the Nissan. As I said no grip, wouldn't turn in and then no acceleration out the corners.
Try to exit the corners 1 gear up so the wheels didnt spin that much. Turn 2 for an exsample, tuc in in second for better rotation, then shift up in third gear half way truh the corner and accelerate slowly.

Last edited:
Try to exit the corners 1 gear up so the wheels didnt spin that much. Turn 2 for an exsample, tuc in in second for better rotation, then shift up in third gear half way truh the corner and accelerate slowly.
What traction control do you use and brake balance? Its so annoying when you can't set a car up properly. I don't mind d the challenge like the other races but this reminds me of Lake Maggiore mission which is the only mission in the last segment that I've not won and gave up on.

What traction control do you use and brake balance? Its so annoying when you can't set a car up properly. I don't mind d the challenge like the other races but this reminds me of Lake Maggiore mission which is the only mission in the last segment that I've not won and gave up on.
No tc, no change in brake balance.

I just finally finished this race P1. It felt like a matter of restarting until there wasn’t an alien AI gapping the field by 5s three laps in. I was also constantly being pitted by a turbo AI who 1) has difficulty boosted speed so catches me on straights and i have to defend 2) brakes INSANELY late 3) shadow realms me. I just drove violently in response.

Even on the race I won I got punted on the ess after the last straight but was able to return the punt on the rejoin. Goddamn cocaine Mitch in the Supra.

e: used AMG ‘20 and barely won. I was getting blasted on the straights even by the other AMG, but especially the Genesis and Supra.

Last edited:
Hmm my start position didnt changed but the Ai was diffrent in those 2 cars i drove. But i notice that in the past on sardegna 800. grind all day with the same car. Always same grid an Ai behave, then i switch cars and the Ai act diffrent except for the first one with the viper.

I was wondering how that worked. I noticed the other day I was playing a race and it stuck me on pole. Don't recall what I was driving at the time.
That was the Red Bull Ring GT3 race in the wet. They start you in first for whatever reason, for that race only (up to this point, at least). Your start position is set in stone based on the specific event you enter.

Lei is likely referring to the fact that the opponents finished with a better/worse time depending on the car you enter the race with. I can't speak to that based on my experience, but it's an interesting point

Last edited:
That was the Red Bull Ring GT3 race in the wet. They start you in first for whatever reason, for that race only (up to this point, at least). Your start position is set in stone based on the specific event you enter.

Lei is likely referring to the fact that the opponents finished with a better/worse time depending on the car you enter the race with. I can't speak to that based on my experience, but it's an interesting point
I grind a lot with GT3 Rs‘16 with a swaped RSR engine and when i switch to the Audi gr.2, grid feels diffrent with two strong supra driving in tandem. Ai is kinda Dynamic and adjust to the car you choose.

Last edited:
Yeah, this one is not the easiest one when you are not realy formilliar with Panorama, ones you get to know it you can save find some real time on the AI, from the top of the hill all the way down you can gain massifly on the AI by just taking a proper line,
Practise on track will do the job, i did it in the Ferrari i think

Audi R8 LMS - 10th, average lap time 2:15
AM V12 Vantage - 2nd, average lap time 2:10
BMW M6 Sprint - 1st, average lap time 2:08

Those were my three attempts. I found the BMW was much better at exiting corners and had good speed on the straights, despite the BoP restrictions.

Last edited:
Audi R8 LMS - 10th, average lap time 2:15
AM V12 Vantage - 2nd, average lap time 2:10
BMW M6 Sprint - 1st, average lap time 2:08

Those were my three attempts. I found the BMW was much better at exiting corners and had good speed on the straights, despite the BoP restrictions.
I drove a Skyline today, forgotten what the actual model was but its the historic yellow Penzol one. Made a few mistakes and I got 2nd. I used it because I noticed in other comments someone said about checking the torque of what cars I use, definitely loosing time still in the hill section and straights. Might try the sprint BMW M6 tomorrow. The guy said to use a AMG for torque but the Skyline had much higher torque

Is there a gr3 car that you can do a engine swap on and trick the game. I ask because I've tried almost everything for the gr3 final mission and was wondering if this was possible?

The guy(me) sayed It hase a good amount of torque but on top it hase longer gears then the nissan GTR for example, and thats why the tires spun less then the GTR ✌🏻

Last edited:
I drove a Skyline today, forgotten what the actual model was but its the historic yellow Penzol one. Made a few mistakes and I got 2nd. I used it because I noticed in other comments someone said about checking the torque of what cars I use, definitely loosing time still in the hill section and straights. Might try the sprint BMW M6 tomorrow. The guy said to use a AMG for torque but the Skyline had much higher torque

Is there a gr3 car that you can do a engine swap on and trick the game. I ask because I've tried almost everything for the gr3 final mission and was wondering if this was possible?
I doubt it, besides, the BoP restriction would nerf it anyway.

If i remember, the BHP in the Aston after the BoP restriction was around 495BHP and the BMW was 513BHP. It seemed to make the difference.

Last edited:
Im trying this cup and man its tough both this and the gr4.I won the first 2 races with the black ford gt.Now im on trial mountain and the other cars pass me on the straight parts like they have 300 more hp for me.How come they have such better top speed.I tried with gtr,ford gt and the amg and the i can fight the other cars on the turns but on the straight parts they destroy me.

Im trying this cup and man its tough both this and the gr4.I won the first 2 races with the black ford gt.Now im on trial mountain and the other cars pass me on the straight parts like they have 300 more hp for me.How come they have such better top speed.I tried with gtr,ford gt and the amg and the i can fight the other cars on the turns but on the straight parts they destroy me.
There is no Gr.4 or Gr.3 race event for Trial Mountain, Clubman 700 also only "suggests" to use a car at 700pp, and as tuning is open you propably have sacrificed speed for traction too much.

There is no Gr.4 or Gr.3 race event for Trial Mountain, Clubman 700 also only "suggests" to use a car at 700pp, and as tuning is open you propably have sacrificed speed for traction too much.
I propably said the wrong name.its the 3rd race

Last edited by a moderator:
I propably said the wrong name.its the 3rd race
I can't remember what cars I used. After the update I noticed on the dashboard i had Gr3 races that I had not won. I tried the grt because the torque is high but it has no grip or pace really. I started taking a short cut in the top hill section to try to gain back some lost time

Back