Help with GT cup Gr3 Mount Panorama

• Thread starter Antezz
  • 66 comments
The GT-R Nismo was a waste of time. No pace, no grip to corner or accelerate out the corners. Was left going backwards in the order. Pitted and spun fighting a Mazda so finished last. Total waste of time. I hate these races where you bop is limited and the AI is unrealistically on a far higher bop.
I won it first go with the GT-R. Just race hard and clean, pit after lap 5 or 6 and it's very winnable. A couple of the GR. 3 cars struggle for pace, but have won it with the GT-R, AMG, Audi and 911.

Best race in the game if you ask me!

Pug is definitely the way to go.

IMG_4106.jpeg

Reloaded a few times to find a nice grid - meaning no Genesis at the front. That thing’s a rocket ship in the AI’s hands.

Actually, the Ford GT seems to be a good option to. At least, it worked for me a couple times. And when I say “worked for me”, I don’t mean I win all the time, but I drive decent races. The Ford GT is ridiculously fast on the straights and has reasonable handling on the mountain top. I’d say, it’s my second favourite to drive - after the 911 RSR, of course. 😏

For me, after trying all other recommendations, the one that worked was the Mercedes-AMG GT3 ‘20. On the first attempt, after surprisingly not making any major mistakes, finished 2nd place. Tried a couple more times but the GTR GT-500 ‘99 in front was impossible to catch. So I exited the race completely, rejoined and got a different grid of cars.

What I found is that any mistakes on lap 1 before the straight after coming down the mountain, and the race was over. So I restarted the race a few times until I nailed that first lap segment.

What worked for me was, RH tires, FM1 on lap 1. FM2 laps 2-5. Pit at the end of lap 5, just for fuel. FM1 for the rest of the race. I finished the race with 0.3 laps left of fuel and just over 1.5 seconds ahead of Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car in 2nd place.

The AI are very aggressive. Keep your car right in the middle of the road in the straights and avoid any contact near the back sides of your car or else you’ll go spinning and game over. Break on time and avoid hitting the barriers in the mountain.

Overall, this race was amazing. I started hating it, but it was really a great, difficult challenge.

IMG_2767.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2768.jpeg
    IMG_2768.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I beat it with the Ford GT. That was on easy mode.
But you did it. BTW, I never said this but that was a fantastic race at Spa in the last Nations Cup. I came by you and blazed into the pits hoping they'd drop my car quick and I'd be on the way. Three of us duked it out for first til it became a matter of just hanging on.

- M. Parker

But you did it. BTW, I never said this but that was a fantastic race at Spa in the last Nations Cup. I came by you and blazed into the pits hoping they'd drop my car quick and I'd be on the way. Three of us duked it out for first til it became a matter of just hanging on.

- M. Parker
I appreciate the kind words. However, I've never entered any online races.

Back