Stuttering on Sierra. Is this common ?

• Thread starter turdhat
  • 33 comments
Thanks mr grumpy, but it's not TV related. There's frame rate issues on some tracks. I have all the processing off on my TV for gaming. But the sort of lag you'd get from that would be constant input lag, not intermittent frame rate issues. Are you seriously telling me you can run a race at Bathurst for instance and not note the chugging through the curvy section?

Here's an article that details some of the problems for you...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-gran-turismo-6

Btw, I only ever use the in-car view ("driver's view") and that affects the performance of the engine as well so that could be part of the reason you may not notice as much...

Yes mate I can online and offline, day/night, full grid, I've never experienced the issues that alot of you guys on here have. 1st gen slim 250g ps3. However I dont use in car view, I use bumper cam but cant see that making alot of difference.

P.S. I am trying to help you by the way just running out of ideas :)

Sorry, but bumper cam makes a huge difference. Try it out for yourself.

I'm not asking for help btw. I've tried all the settings tweaks and so forth. I could switch to 720 res but I find that to be a less than awesome solution too. Ftmp, it's not a huge issue for me because I only ever race in order to grind for credits to buy new cars. Other than that I'm alone on the track of choice (usually Nurby) just time trialing so the frame rate issues don't crop up too often for me...

Did you read the Digital Foundry article? They don't base their stuff on eye tests - they actually measure the game's performance and they find the same things I'm describing...

Sorry, but bumper cam makes a huge difference. Try it out for yourself.

I'm not asking for help btw. I've tried all the settings tweaks and so forth. I could switch to 720 res but I find that to be a less than awesome solution too. Ftmp, it's not a huge issue for me because I only ever race in order to grind for credits to buy new cars. Other than that I'm alone on the track of choice (usually Nurby) just time trialing so the frame rate issues don't crop up too often for me...

Did you read the Digital Foundry article? They don't base their stuff on eye tests - they actually measure the game's performance and they find the same things I'm describing...

I have got bad eye's & my brain is a bit slow that's probably why I don't notice it :)

Back