Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - AMOC & BSCC - Champions: Harsk, Pimiki and SimbaLoraFinished 

Sunday racing is no longer possible due to network instability. Please vote below as appropriate.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My router seems to be out of date.
The reach on the wifi isn't what it used to be.
I where supposed to buy a cable, but kinda forgot it.
Anyways, I'll try to race tomorrow.
And on Monday I'll call Telia, and tell them to give me a new router. :)

What a freaking surprise. I started at ninth place in the amoc and managed to get fourth place in the end. And all for a mistake, missed a braking point and almost smashed into @eran0004, (bumped him a little) but that's better than being completely pushed of track.
Then there was smooth sailing from there on.
All the races where ok I think.

Strangely enough, @Flaco13 seemed to have gotten my Internet issues. I apologize for that, but better you then me. ;)

BSCC 1: Got a pretty bad start, but managed to gain on @DVArt and @Harsk100 as the race progressed, I guess thanks to their battle slowing them down just enough. The finish was extremely close, I guess DVart had a slightly shorter way to the finish line from his inside position ;)

BSCC 2: Got a much better start, managed to hang on to the mid pack for a couple of laps. @IfAndOr attacked a couple of times on the back straight, but the off-throttle cornering speed of the Mini was superb so I managed to defend my position. It got a bit scary towards the end as more and more cars gathered behind me, had the race been a few more laps I guess I would have had to see some of them pass me.

AMOC: "The Ruf, the Ruf, the Ruf is on fire..."
Before the race I had my target set on a top 10 finish, as the Ruf was about 4-5 seconds slower than the Jaguar. Just half an hour before the race though I managed to get down to the 2:14 mark, which made me slightly more confident, although I still wouldn't be fighting for the podium.

As the race begun I was being too catious about the tyres and accidentally let the RPM slip down to the low-torque range, and as a result the car nearly stopped. That mistake cost me a position or two already before the first corner, but fortunately that was not just the first but also the last major mistake I made in that race.

The first half of the race was pretty smooth sailing, I managed to produce very consistent lap times, which allowed me to keep my position although faster cars sometimes came up from behind. DVArt did manage to pass me, after a bit of "divine wind" gave him some extra speed through corner 1 :lol:

He was faster than me though and would have passed sooner or later anyway.

At the latter half things got sweaty, as the rear tyres had worn faster than the front (again... the Ruf would really need wider rear tyres). I tried to stay to stay cool, brake early and be smooth with the inputs, and it worked pretty well. Towards the end I started to catch up with @XK50, but I didn't want to push the pace and risk a spin, so I didn't quite get close enough to start a battle.

Nürburgring next week, is it? And I guess it's a car switch as well, so time for the Ferrari to shine?

Round 4 Silverstone National and Silverstone GP

Race Impressions

After my terrible performance at Spa last week I was surprised and pleased with my results in round 4. The short National circuit produced some good close racing, but HKS Mizo was in amazing form in his Buick Special. In race 1 I got a good drive and went between two cars and missed my braking point so was lucky to get 5th. In race 2 I used the extra power and torque to get a good start and was able to slip into 2nd early in the race - a postion which I was amazed to hold until the end.

I wasn't looking forward to the AMOC race as Silverstone GP is one of my least favourite tracks in the game. Having some of the faster drivers in the Ruf increased the amount of cars I could battle with and towards the end of the race, as the tyres on Eran's Ruf were wearing I thought I might be able to pass him and XK50 to move up from 8th to 6th. Unfortunately I tried too hard and lost some time with a mistake with a couple of laps to go and finished about a second behind.

Driving standards in all races appeared to be much improved - keep up the good work everyone!

Race 1 Podium
1st - HKS Mizo - Buick Special
2nd - SimbaLora - Jaguar Saloon
3rd - Pimiki - Nissan Skyline

Race 2 Podium
1st - HKS Mizo - Buick Special
2nd - Sick Cylinder - Shelby GT350
3rd - Pimiki - Nissan Skyline

Race 3 Podium
1st - Pimiki - Aston Martin
2nd - Lex Lathor - Aston Martin
3rd - Flaco - Jaguar

Championship Points

Round 4 BSCC Points.jpg
Round 4 Manufact Points.jpg

Note that three of the top six drivers in the 1961 BSCC were F1 racers: Roy Salvadori, Graham Hill and Mike Parkes. Mike was the development and Reserve driver for Ferrari and took over John Surtees seat when John left the team. Enzo Ferrari described Parkes as the best development driver he had ever employed. Cars which Mike Parkes developed include the Ferrari 330 GTC, Lancia Stratos, Hillman Imp and Davrian which he co-designed. Sadly he was killed in a car accident in 1977.

Round 4 AMOC Points.jpg

Interview with Bloodyboyblue

1. What is the secret behind your speed?

I don't know, easy in/hard off I guess. I brake a lot earlier than a lot of people and always try to get off the corner better. Also I feel like Mario Kart has influenced the way I go through corners (cut from the top down as low as possible, even if the higher line is the fast line, and out wide) more than any amount of practice in actual racing games could.

2. Do you use a wheel or controller?

Controller of course, I like video games to feel like video games. If I wanted to use a wheel I'd race in real life, let alone I could buy a real race car for less than what all that stuff costs. Same reason I use auto transmission in video games, no point frying my brain when I don't need to. I recently just started attempting to drive manual in real life and I just can't do it. I don't have the coordination. I could do it and have fun if there was no one else on the road/if I was on a track but I don't enjoy it with traffic in the slightest.

3. If you use a wheel, what sort of wheel and rig or stand?

--

4. How many hours per week do you practise?

I usually never practice other than before the series starts, to try out a few setups/decide on a car if there's multiple options. I like entering races with as little confidence/expectations as possible so I'll be surprised if I do well, otherwise I'll just be let down. Generally the only time I boot up Gran Turismo is when it's race time in one of the clubs/series I'm in.

5. How do you tune your cars - what do you start with first?

I don't enjoy tuning and don't understand most of it at all so luckily I've stumbled across generic FF, FR and AWD setups that I apply to every single car of that drivetrain and they generally work. The only things I touch before each race are the brake bias, weight distribution, and transmission top speed (I don't touch the gears, I just pick the lowest speed possible for that track). Otherwise I use praiano's tunes if there's one available, and if it's an MR car not in his database I'm lost. That's generally why I always start off each series strong and get slower as it goes on, because everyone else is adapting and changing their setups and I never change mine from beginning to end. That and I feel like I adapt to new things quicker than most.

6. How long have you been playing GT?

Since GT1, I bought it in the first few months it was out, I can't remember why, but I instantly fell in love. Wish I could drive that purple race-modified 900 hp 1992 Mitsubishi GTO in modern games. I've bought every single title in the series since then on the day it was released (except GT3, which wasn't very good plus I didn't have a PS2 yet when it was released). GT2 is still my favourite.

7. How old are you or is that private?

I am 25, conveniently my age currently matches my favourite number.

8. What does your family think of your hobby?

My girlfriend is often at work when I'm racing so she doesn't need to put up with it much, occasionally we have to plan things around it but she's ok with it in general. I tried to get my dad into playing it online with me but his hands hurt after holding the controller for more than a few minutes. I used to race against him all the time split screen in the PS1 days.

9. What sort of car do you drive in real life?

I acquired a 2016 Mazda3 hatchback a bit less than 2 months ago, which is a revelation handling-wise compared to the 2011 Scion xD I'd been driving the past 4 years. And I work at a Ford/Lincoln dealership so I get to drive everything in their model ranges on a regular basis, plus anything random that comes in used.

10. Do you drive fast in real life?

In the city or on country roads I generally do, but not on the highway.

11. What car would you drive if you won a lot of money?

My dream car is a 1983 Dodge Rampage or Subaru XT6, but if I won a LOT of money I'd probably try to buy the Alfa Romeo/Bertone Carabo, since Marcelo Gandini is a genius and that's one of my favourite designs of his, and it's one of a kind. I also would try to acquire as many 80's and 90's concept cars as possible, especially the Pontiac Banshee. Or the Chevrolet XT-2.

Supported Car Suggestions - Ford Cortina GT and Ford Cortina Lotus

In 1963 Jack Sears won the BSCC driving three different cars - he started with a Cortina GT then used the Galaxie (after that had arrived from the USA) and finished the season with a Ford Cortina Lotus. He was the first person to achieve a win in the UK in each model of car. According to Team Boss Alan Mann the Group 2 Cortina GT's produced 125bhp while the Lotus twin cam engine model produced 145bhp in race trim. Either of these cars would be a welcome addition to GTS or GT7.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ford-cortina-mk1-gt-1963.306460/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lotus-cortina-mk1-1965.299293/

Video clip - three time BTCC champion and six time Independent Cup Champion Matt Neal at Silverstone:

Track Makers Competition - Update

I have increased the time limit for track length to 3 minutes 15 seconds so that more tracks can be considered. Some of the tracks tested so far have been outstanding. Most have been on the Eifel format. Several have used the Sierra format. So far the tracks using the Death Valley format have generally been too narrow.

Supported Track Suggestion - Crystal Palace

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/crystal-palace-london.312169/

Car Change for Round 5

We change cars for round 5 and then change again at round 9 (Reserve drivers do not change cars). To aid you I have produced the following guide.

Round 4 BSCC Colours.jpg

Next Round 5 from Nordschleife - please be patient and take care - this track is narrow! Wait for passing opportunities to arise

Last edited:
I'm busy doing other stuff next race. So maybe you could wait a week with the race, if it isn't to much trouble? ;)

Hmm, RUF at the Nordschleife? I might have to call Sabine Schmitz for some tipps...

2015 24hrs Nürburgring, Sabine having a beer with @georgetigra, Adenau 2015
sabine.jpg

Or I ask those guys, Porsche drivers asked me for light, before the start 2014
SAM_1008.JPG

Porsche at Brünnchen, 24Hrs Classic 2015

Btw, if any of you guys want to join us for the 2016 Race- one week of camping and having a great time at the Brünnchen site- hit me up!

Last edited:
Sorry, double post - but on a different matter.

Tracks for next series?
I used to be a big fan of the course maker in GT5, in fact I spent more time in that than I did racing. Most people found it "clunky" but I liked the challenge to get a good track out of it. In fact I first met Sick via my tracks!
So I was hugely disappointed when it didn't appear in GT6. And then I was disappointed again when my tablet wouldn't run it when it was released.

I only got a tablet capable of running the TPE a few weeks ago so I've been learning again as I go along. Each one takes many days of tweaking before I'm happy with it (and coming up with a name!), so I've only created four so far. Here they are...

Upsan Downs 3.6miles - Andalusia
View attachment 510646

Dingley Dell 3.1 miles - Andalusia
View attachment 510647

Eifel Tour 2.6 miles - Eifel
View attachment 510648

Dimrill Dale GP 3.7 miles (2.7mile Indy track also available) - Andalusia
View attachment 510649

(Some have been renamed recently and the scenery tweaked to their final versions.)
All are free flowing circuits, fairly wide and built with racing in mind*. There aren't any jumps and not really many surprises. Fairly easy to learn too. The Rocket will easily go around in the time given.

Any feedback would be welcome 👍 or 👎 :)

*(I wish I could change the track width and corner camber in individual sections, it would give more variety and realism)

I have started a thread in the Course Maker section as it will be easier to run the competition and give you all feedback from a new thread. Please therefore post details of your tracks for submission into that thread including track maps, driving impressions, inspiration for design of the track etc.

I will post feedback asap into that thread in one of the reserved posts on page one. Thanks for all the great tracks so far @IfAndOr @eran0004 @Flaco13

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/track-making-competition.342132/

[QUOTE="John Wells, post: 11216631, member: 149752[/QUOTE]

Great pictures John!

And great picture of Sabine @Flaco13

Is there any chance of George Opel Tigra joining us again? - he is a very good driver and we are using his track for the Greek round in the F2 World Championship.

I hope everyone has got their cars ready for round round 5 - I admit I haven't done yet, but will do later today.

I found this unusual clip of a Mini Cooper harassing a Ford GT40!

I guess i have to realise that invisibility of other race participants turns out to be a SEP field as described by Douglas Adams. So why should I quit the race when it is somebody elses´s problem? :(

By the way, - shouldn´t we start the qualifying out of the box instead of the last curve at the nordschleife? The reason is that it is much more fair to all drivers, because the time is counting from the beginning and not by crossing the starting line. Or set the qualifying for one complete round (8 minutes) then it would be the time for the round which counts.
I would prefer to start qualifying in the box. :)

:cheers:

I guess i have to realise that invisibility of other race participants turns out to be a SEP field as described by Douglas Adams. So why should I quit the race when it is somebody elses´s problem? :(

Hehe, but it's better to check visibility before the races and leave the room and reenter before the race it you can't see some other people. This reentry cures invisibilities most of the time. We should start visibility checks quite early so that everybody has enough time for room reentry. If it still persists after several reentries, activate the SEP field. :P

Before qualifying i saw the entire pack and then at the starting grid there were 4 empty slots.

It seems that setting up the race after qualifying was done by PD using bistromathics, so you have to be grateful that there are only some invisibilites and you are not transformed into a yarn puppet in the process. :P But seriously, if you're on wired connection and this happens there is not much you can do. :indiff:

Is there any chance of George Opel Tigra joining us again? - he is a very good driver and we are using his track for the Greek round in the F2 World Championship.
I don't know. I don't get a straight answer when I ask him.

Before qualifying i saw the entire pack and then at the starting grid there were 4 empty slots.
That's what happens to me, too.

Last Sunday even all the re-entries didn't help since those apparently "responsible" for the disharmonic network compatibility stayed in the room all the time. This is why I keep shouting for refreshing of track or even change room, when you refresh the track those that have poor compatibility will be kicked from the room and forced to re-enter. And if those re-entering would then go first back to the GT-Menu so that after going to Open-Lobby the note: "connecting to servers" pops up, we'd have less of these problems. If that makes people think it takes too much time then all I can say is count the extra time in. It's better to make sure everyone can enjoy their race properly than risking spoiling it for some because of a self imposed "lack of time".

Another way to avoid many issues of that kind would be if we would finally take advantage of those Club-Lobby tools the game provides.

How about this:

Let's remind everyone (again) to please try their best endevours in making sure their connection works as flawless as possible. (A.i. use wire, turn off wireless, re-boot routers and clear system cache etc.)

Perform a connection compatibility test when all participants are in the room (or at least most of them). Everyone should go right on track as soon as they can after entering the lobby, when host see's them all, he changes track and let it load. Then we see what happens and who might suffer from a disconnect. When those disconnected have entered again we start with the usual proceedures.

It seems that setting up the race after qualifying was done by PD using bistromathics, so you have to be grateful that there are only some invisibilites and you are not transformed into a yarn puppet in the process. :P But seriously, if you're on wired connection and this happens there is not much you can do. :indiff:
Exactly. And therefore I think the question is more than legit:
...why should I quit the race when it is somebody elses´s problem?

In another short championship I'm in we've dropped qualifying since this seems to cause more connection problems. We now run fastest first during practice. While it'll never be perfect and there are still the occasional DC the "visability" seems to have possibly improved. It worsened when PD introduced qualifying I thought.
(And the second benefit of this is that people can join/rejoin right up until race start)

A club lobby would stop unwanted people entering causing lag spikes and connection issues - every PS3 has to "talk" to them.

I read on a thread that they had a lot of success in resetting the room and fixing invisibility by...
1/ Switch to a garage (loan) car - the Alfa for instance.
2/ Get everyone to go on track and drive around.
3/ While they are there, reset the cars back to the correct ones.
4/ This should drop everyone out - if not get them leave.
5/ Maybe, just maybe that might have helped.
The above would be made simpler to do if you used room presets.

Again as mentioned above a cabled connection does produce a more stable data flow. Almost all internet providers are geared to allow a much greater download speed than unload but it's the outgoing signal that's sending your positional information to every one else. So this this needs to be as good as you can get it, hence the cable. You might be able to see the others but they might not see you.

A new lobby often creates more problems than it solves, probably because everyone tries to join it at the same time. Refreshing the track in the same lobby might be a better method.

As for whose problem it is, it seems to me like it's not (or not only) the invisible player's connection that there is something wrong with, and rather that there is something wrong with the connection of the player who is "blind". Because from my experience it's often one player who can't see several other cars, and very rarely one car that is invisible to several other players.

As for whose problem it is, it seems to me like it's not (or not only) the invisible player's connection that there is something wrong with, and rather that there is something wrong with the connection of the player who is "blind". Because from my experience it's often one player who can't see several other cars, and very rarely one car that is invisible to several other players.
Well, as I stated in the above post, I do not agree on that. I believe it's the opossite. Those invisible cars are the ones with a poor connection, that creates an incompatibility to all others, and keep in mind they (invisibles) are also usually the ones lagging, so the problem they create is noticable to all but don't effect all in the same way. Because the compatibility might be so-so with those who see them (only lag), but are completely incompatible to others (invisible). The blind is actually the victim IMO. And it also seems to me that players that had no issues with one another (like in test rooms), are suddenly becoming incompatible aswell. This, I don't think can happen from a sudden change within their connections for no reason, except for when there are one or two "bad-cons" in the room that are messing up the pings & packages.

In another short championship I'm in we've dropped qualifying since this seems to cause more connection problems. We now run fastest first during practice. While it'll never be perfect and there are still the occasional DC the "visability" seems to have possibly improved. It worsened when PD introduced qualifying I thought.
(And the second benefit of this is that people can join/rejoin right up until race start)
This could be a good step. I would love it if we could try that.

A club lobby would stop unwanted people entering causing lag spikes and connection issues - every PS3 has to "talk" to them.

I read on a thread that they had a lot of success in resetting the room and fixing invisibility by...
1/ Switch to a garage (loan) car - the Alfa for instance.
2/ Get everyone to go on track and drive around.
3/ While they are there, reset the cars back to the correct ones.

4/ This should drop everyone out - if not get them leave.
5/ Maybe, just maybe that might have helped.
The above would be made simpler to do if you used room presets.
Do you mean the host should "switch" to the loan cars or the players? Also worth a try, but isn't it pretty much the same as a track refresh?

Again as mentioned above a cabled connection does produce a more stable data flow. Almost all internet providers are geared to allow a much greater download speed than unload but it's the outgoing signal that's sending your positional information to every one else. So this this needs to be as good as you can get it, hence the cable. You might be able to see the others but they might not see you.
And it doesn't matter (or not much) how long the cable is, so, grab one and connect your consoles with your router, wherever it is, and set up a fixed ip-adress for that. Right, If? 👍

Because from my experience it's often one player who can't see several other cars, and very rarely one car that is invisible to several other players
This does often appear to be the case, but who (or what) to pin "the blame" on is very difficult to discover.

Do you mean the host should "switch" to the loan cars or the players? Also worth a try, but isn't it pretty much the same as a track refresh?
It's the host that changes the settings to a one make loan car and then the players (and host) use them. Yes it does seem similar to a track reset but the person said it worked for them - so I thought I'd mention it. Who knows, the invisibility problem could be related to the issue where drivers appear to be in the same cars even though they've swapped.

Right, If?
Well yes I do keep saying that. But I don't want it to feel like I'm blaming or pressurising others, because I'm not. Everything should work without any fiddling about by the gamer - Wi-Fi or not. It's just that if you get your own local connection as good as possible it can only help things overall. And then if it doesn't work you can really blame PD. ;)

Ultimately it's down to all our locations and varying internet connections from around the globe combined with the game's inability to work around this properly.

Enough of this technical stuff. I'm hoping to be joining in tomorrow again, even though I don't like racing at the Nordschleife. But the scenery is nice so I'll look at that while driving around.

No, of course it's not about blaming anyone. Just remind (all of us) that each one can do their part, by actually little effort, to optimize the experience for all. It should work, but it's not :/ We know we can only get it so good, the biggest piece is on PD's part. :irked: If it didn't make sense, I blame Heineken... :odd:

Be glad you said you don't like racing at the Nordschleife, if you'd left the word(s) racing (and at) out of there I would sooo unfriend you! :lol:

Latest Posts

Back