Super Formula Halo

I don't use cockpit view, so am not affected either way, but just wanted to note that in real life, it's actually effectively quite see-through. As an experiment, hold a pen vertically in front of your face at arm's length, and look at something a few metres away. You'll see that there is no part of the thing you're looking at that is blocked by the pen, the reason being the separation of your eyes, meaning that every part can always be seen by at least one eye.

In the recent update it's made the halo central column see through.

I would rather have an option to keep it solid or see through, you know like in F1 2018 and 2019.

Who else agrees????
I totally agree with you. It’s not like you spend the whole time looking straight ahead, most of the time you’re looking to apex. It’s not a problem unless you constantly fixate on it.
I WANT THE CENTRAL PILLAR BACK!!! 🤬

I totally agree with you. It’s not like you spend the whole time looking straight ahead, most of the time you’re looking to apex. It’s not a problem unless you constantly fixate on it.
I WANT THE CENTRAL PILLAR BACK!!! 🤬

Wait, do I know you???? As in from Oap etc

I don't use cockpit view, so am not affected either way, but just wanted to note that in real life, it's actually effectively quite see-through. As an experiment, hold a pen vertically in front of your face at arm's length, and look at something a few metres away. You'll see that there is no part of the thing you're looking at that is blocked by the pen, the reason being the separation of your eyes, meaning that every part can always be seen by at least one eye.

I used it to help aim for the apex as I know that's the central point of the car. Like the aerials on pre 2018 cars.

It's the fact I said it should be an option to be on or off, player preference. Like Traction control, abs, stability etc, we can turn all those on or off.

Not forced on the player.

There should be an option to make it transparent or keep it solid. Further there should be an option to deactivate the complete HALO. On a Monitor or TV Screen the HALO "Ring" seems like a roof and it destroys the Monoposto character. With VR or in Real Life the HALO is filtered out by the brain due to the 2 eyes angles.

What difference does it make if the post is there or not??? If it was transparent would that not be the same as being invisible or am I missing something??

I wonder if people remember even driving this car from day one.

There were situations when you might have two or more cars disappear at the base of the central halo support bar so much so I had to swerve to see what the car ahead was doing.

This isnt a tenable situation. It shouldnt be something we should be dealing with... especially in corners.

Of course in the real world where the driver has binocular vision....

We can't read Japanese lol
The "Translate Tweet" button exists.
upload_2019-12-31_8-22-19.png

We can't read Japanese lol

I just happen to be fluent in Japanese.

Kaz is saying that when you sit in the cockpit and focus down track the post actually disappears from view because of our binocular vision.

Spoiler: I used translate, I cant read a stitch of Japanese. :D:D:D:D

Back