Super Unofficial DiRT 4 Thread (PS4/XB1/PC)

I tried the 131 and it gripped and gripped. Also on tarmac, it is pretty decent since the car actually feels planted and has some nice weight to it.

I hope some more D4 guys/girls can ventilate on the grippy backside :lol:

D4 corrected a lot of the issues in DR (especially weight) but ended up introducing a serious problem in the rear axle that made the rear wheels too grippy. That's why the RWD cars are undriveable. FWD and The R5 class feel good, though.

D4 corrected a lot of the issues in DR (especially weight) but ended up introducing a serious problem in the rear axle that made the rear wheels too grippy. That's why the RWD cars are undriveable. FWD and The R5 class feel good, though.

I've seen several YT vids where people explain car are setup by default in a neutral and understeery way. Few setup changes should résolve/improve it a lot. Well , need to test it out !

I've seen several YT vids where people explain car are setup by default in a neutral and understeery way. Few setup changes should résolve/improve it a lot. Well , need to test it out !

True, but it's not a real solution. You can get the cars to slide using extreme setups, but they end up on the knife-edge. Lots of snap oversteer that can't be controlled.

It's not in the setups, there is something wrong with the physics in D4. Paul Coleman admitted in a live stream that they didn't have time to tweak the physics with most of the vehicles. It was never addressed (until now as it looks like DR2.0 physics is what D4 Simulation mode should have been).

If it was on Gtplanet that it was my post in the other thread. I posted that video last Thursday.

Hehe you're everywhere :lol:

I created 2 stages today in D4. Ran in Sweden with the Hyundai and in Michigan with the Manta. Both stages max length and max complexity. I cycled through the creation until something interesting came up. Must say that I had a lovely little afternoon:cool:

For D4 it works pretty nicely when you set up a custom championship with 3 stages each. Max lenght for all but with complexity easy, average, hard 👍

Nice stage in Sweden (even with several corner reps)

Did someone of you guys found an optimal setting for creating stages.

Tried: max length / simple complexity
Tried: max length / average complexity
Tried: max length / advanced complexity

I found the first 2 options the most fun but I think I should reduce lenght by 1 or 2 clicks. So stages around 9km.

Between easy and average complexity also seems most varied. After that I don't see a lot improvement but more similar sections.

Easy worked great for Australia and Wales while average did well for Sweden.

Any tips from you guys?

@doblocruiser -- For Michigan, I always go maximum complexity; for Sweden, minimum complexity, because those excessively gnarly twists get tiresome and it is complex enough at that setting. For Wales, medium-low; for Australia, medium-high. For Spain, it depends on what I'm in the mood for.

Thanks for that! Lenght can stay max or should I reduce that 1 or 2 clicks?

@doblocruiser I usually roll the dice and create random stages, but anything less than 3 clicks to the left is too short. I think the sweet zone is 4-9 since totally max length gets old and repetitive, but there’s something to be said about keeping your focus for 12-16kms.

Complexity wise, I like all 5 settings, but sometimes lowering the complexity yields some good straight sections especially at Michigan. Max complexity at Sweden is kind of a drag like @Wolfe said. Same with Spain.

To me the best part of the creator is the weather and time options. Try creating sunset/sunrise stages that head into the sun for a good challenge.

Okay! Thanks guys. I've setup a custom one with some variety. Stages between 8 /10 km in lenght . Will run it the coming days :)

Customchampionship with all 5 locations and 5 stages each around 8 to 10 km. I started in Australia with some clear weather to get used to the 205 T16. There was a small repeat of a junction in the end but it was followed up by a different corner so that was ok. Will get the vids up from the whole championship in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
First couple of stages done. Some nice and good stages. However be aware when creating YS to be always, really always in a différent région! Spreading them over the map is less prone to répétition. An error I made for this first custom championship.

I'll keep at it though :)

So, eh... I got a problem.

Before getting DR 2.0, I thought I would platinum DiRT 4 first with a new profile, but I have no voice in-game at all. I don't hear the announcer, the narrator, nor the co-driver. I took a look what could be the issue but everything else has sound. It's nice to only listen to the engine of the car but without the co-driver every stage is basically impossible.

Could anyone help me please?

So, eh... I got a problem.

Before getting DR 2.0, I thought I would platinum DiRT 4 first with a new profile, but I have no voice in-game at all. I don't hear the announcer, the narrator, nor the co-driver. I took a look what could be the issue but everything else has sound. It's nice to only listen to the engine of the car but without the co-driver every stage is basically impossible.

Could anyone help me please?
If you're using Steam you can right click and go to Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files
Will automatically download any if they're missing.
Reinstalling on other platforms may be a decent choice as well.

If you're using Steam you can right click and go to Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files
Will automatically download any if they're missing.
Reinstalling on other platforms may be a decent choice as well.
Yeah, I'm afraid I have to reinstall the game. Sigh, it'll take days with my 1,2 Mb download speed... :indiff:

Hey guys, I've started playing Dirt 4 a few days ago (casually, I need rest after Dirt Rally ;)) and I only recently discovered that Landrush and Rallycross events are much more profitable than traditional rally stages. Has anyone made some calculations which career event is the best one for earning money quickly?

Hey guys, I've started playing Dirt 4 a few days ago (casually, I need rest after Dirt Rally ;)) and I only recently discovered that Landrush and Rallycross events are much more profitable than traditional rally stages. Has anyone made some calculations which career event is the best one for earning money quickly?

The first (?? maybe) S1600 rallycross championship is a good one. Shorter layouts, less laps, no heat races, less rounds, but still pays out well and can be completed relatively quickly

The first (?? maybe) S1600 rallycross championship is a good one. Shorter layouts, less laps, no heat races, less rounds, but still pays out well and can be completed relatively quickly
Yeah I've been thinking about that championship. It's true that it's very short and I'll definitely need that to avoid boredom. ;)

I've hit '🤬 this!' point, finally. RX is ok...and it looks OK.

I have issues with almost everything else. I'm just on my phone and don't want to tap away for the next 6 hours venting.

I'm blown away by this announcement! :eek: I had written off the DiRT series as forever lacking enough content/stages to be worth playing, and now they come up with the stage generator feature I've always wished for? It sounds like the RECS feature from Lotus II: RECS.

View attachment 623230

Between games like this and Project CARS, I'm so happy to finally see some real depth returning to the genre, after a decade of stagnation and regression in the name of shiny-ass 🤬 graphics! If the career mode is like the original GRID and the physics are what they're cracked up to be, this game could be really, really special.
Loved the lotus games

Initially, (like most), I didn't like this for the reasons known to all. But now DR2 is a thing, I decided to give it another go & downloaded it free of charge from Game Pass, (played before on PS4).

Knowing that this isn't the true follow up to DR seems to make all the difference.. I'm having a blast. I understand the problems with rear wheel drive cars so won't be using them. Just started Rally & Landrush & it's just full on fun. It's nice to hear Nicky again. I remember really liking the Rally Cross so I will save that for later. Another benefit, no showdown detected on LR on XB1X :)

Hey guys, can you set elevation changes in dirt4 stage generation? Would be cool to try replicate hillclimb courses, and also race them downhill as well.
Thinking to get it now, so low price on sale on psn in n.a. now.

Back