Supercar Handicap Championship, It's over folks. Massive thankyou to all who took part.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 277 comments
I was doing the Race 2 fine until a phone call from my parents distracted me. Sorry if I ruined anyone's race, I had a terrible race. :(

That
Was
One of my best races yet.

Simply because the car was sublime to drive & that is my favourite track. Great racing everyone! :cheers:

Same here ! Loved it (just like the former races), but the result was a bit better in the long race. Was surprised that I pulled the fastest lap, with a bit more practise upfront it could be a bit quicker here and there.

First race took it a bit easy at start, and progressed more agressive, P2 looked safe until... my thumb sliped whilst steering the chicane leeding up to the long straight, 2 second penalty :grumpy:. Ok, tried to scrub it off, but failed by trying it in spots where I wouldn't loose that much time by going of track, regained a spot and that was that. Looked promissing for the main race !

Decided on a 2 stop strategy with 5 laps on the softer tyres, that worked out very well looking at the final result. Tyre managing went better in the first stint then in the second stint.

The race itself? :):):):):):):) loved it! In no other daily race or room I'd seen 3 cars thick going through turn 5 (uphill right) doing battle, with no scraping! There were some minor little bumps and scrapes, but nothing really harmfull or intended.

Hats off to @Sparkz_360, controling that Mc.Laren the way he did, tried to surprise him here and there, but in the end he nailed it bigtime.
Looking forward allready to the next race, would hate it if I had to get out of this Lambo, feeling right at home in it.

Sorry @Sparkz_360 I just had a look at the replays and realised you had the wrong car/combi. You should have been with McLaren standardversion like @Zolon32 and not the version of the ferrari substitute as you were.

Same, but otherway round was for @CrazyJohn who used the standard McLaren instead of the Ferrari substitute.

Another thing to remark: How can one find out which tire was used in what stint? To me the replay shows only the same tires used at the start.

Another thing to remark: How can one find out which tire was used in what stint? To me the replay shows only the same tires used at the start.
You're not the only one. When I race with you guys, for some reason, I see only the same tires used at the start. I don't see any changes from Mediums to Softs when we pit.

I have used the Ferrari Substitute.

Post 2 said I was in the McLaren, so I entered with the McLaren.

So far you did right, but you could have used 439kW and 1512kg, thats standard McLaren, when Post 2 says McLaren for you.
You had only 416kW and 1552kg on your car which is for Ferrari substitute, when Post 2 says you´ll have the Ferrari.

So far you did right, but you could have used 439kW and 1512kg, thats standard McLaren, when Post 2 says McLaren for you.
You had only 416kW and 1552kg on your car which is for Ferrari substitute, when Post 2 says you´ll have the Ferrari.
I cannot remember so many different specifications, so I guess @Zolon32 could edit the OP to add the correct specs.

This is what I see in the table/car post, which @Zolon32 last edited last Wednesday (yeah, I can see these things; I can even see what he edited... ALL the powers!):
The entries go like this... Name/ Points/ Average finish position-Car allocation for next WEEK. (We will complete both races at each meeting in the car we are allocated at the end of the previous meeting from now on folks. So, if you have the time, you can practice in the knowledge that you won't be having to change cars. And we can move quickly from race 1 to race 2 without messing around with car changes.)

Zo. 99 /3.7- McLaren.
Sparkz. 84/ 4.13-McLaren.
Harsk. 77/ 5.33 Ferrari.
Andreas. 77/ 5.6- Ferrari.
Famine. 77/ 5.7-Ferrari.
Nuts. 73/ 5.75-Ferrari.
Goofy. 64/ 6.6/ Lambo.
Suts. 60/ 6.75-Lambo.
Venari. 58/ 6.0-Ferrari.
Jocke. 58/ 8.5-Lambo.
John. 51/ 5.6- Ferrari.
Koutch. 38/ 8.57-Lambo.
BB. 29/ 8.2-Lambo.
Russ. 17/ 8.5-Lambo.
Paul. 15/ 8.0-Lambo.

From Harsk, at 5.33, to Mark at 6.0, the average finishing positions are closely stacked, so I think that these should all be in the Ferrari category, with the option of the 588BHP 1512kg McLaren.

This leaves Sparkz and me in the standard McLaren
, with everyone else in the Lambo.

It never even occurred to me that your McLaren wasn't the Ferrari-substitute one.

Sorry, I didn´t want to mess things up maybe I do not understand everything cause english is not my mothers language

Sorry, I didn´t want to mess things up maybe I do not understand everything cause english is not my mothers language
I'm pretty sure you're right on @CrazyJohn's car - although I don't know about @Sparkz_360's McLaren, because I have no idea how to check on power/weight settings other than in the lobby itself.

In other news, when @Venari dropped it in the fast S-bend after the banked hairpin, we got quite close...

20180314153801.jpg

Please hold it...

20180314153756.jpg

Pretty please...

20180314153747.jpg

Ruh-roh...

20180314153740.jpg

Many poos shot out of my ani.

And some more shots of the Tesco Value 458:
20180314153730.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180313204748.jpg

I'm pretty sure you're right on @CrazyJohn's car - although I don't know about @Sparkz_360's McLaren, because I have no idea how to check on power/weight settings other than in the lobby itself.
I made a snapshot to compare my own settings of the ferrari with others in the lobby (because of the BHP / kW thing).
I am absolutely sure that sparks made a mistake and not to gain an advantage. I know him since GT6 and he is a good one.

Wait so hang on... did I use the wrong specs and gain an advantage?

If that’s the case then deduct points or what ever it is you do, it was unintentional, I just got a new job recently and didn’t have time to check everything thoroughly.

I'm too impatient and leadfooted for SM and 500+hp in the Ferrari, although I appear to be getting worse and worse. It could be track specific...

In my favour, the above photo roll is the only fishtail that I didn't catch before it went to the wall. That was disappointing - I did not expect to come last (which I would have done irrespective of the spin.)

I strongly hope that my awful performance has put me in the Lambo for next week.

In my favour, the above photo roll is the only fishtail that I didn't catch before it went to the wall. That was disappointing - I did not expect to come last (which I would have done irrespective of the spin.)
It's the fastest corner on the track too, with a wee bump to unsettle the car just on the turn in. I thought you'd hold it, and was gambling which side to go :lol:

You saved a 90 degree spin on the approach to the back straight! Incredible skill

Sorry @Sparkz_360 I just had a look at the replays and realised you had the wrong car/combi. You should have been with McLaren standardversion like @Zolon32 and not the version of the ferrari substitute as you were.

Same, but otherway round was for @CrazyJohn who used the standard McLaren instead of the Ferrari substitute.

Thanks for pointing this out Andreas. I don't think that Sparkz was deliberately using the wrong motor, but I should have spotted it before the start. I'll be more careful next time.

Wait so hang on... did I use the wrong specs and gain an advantage?

If that’s the case then deduct points or what ever it is you do, it was unintentional, I just got a new job recently and didn’t have time to check everything thoroughly.

It's not a big problem Sparkz, you had a very good drive in the second race anyway. However, after a bit of assessment of the replay, it does seem like your car does accelerate more strongly than mine or John's. I think it was set at the wrong spec. With that in mind, I looked at the relative performances of the two specifications, and settled on a figure of 0.8 seconds per lap as being the advantage for the more powerful car.

In that case, your first race would have taken 5.6 seconds longer, and John would have been across the line 5.6 seconds earlier. This drops you to third, and lifts John to fifth.

In the second race it is worse news for you. An adjustment of 16.8 seconds drops you to seventh. John doesn't gain any places because he didn't finish.

I'll update the rankings post, and clarify things in the OP.

Cheers, Zo.

Chaps, I've clarified things in the OP in respect of specs for various car allocations, but I think that it's worth repeating that entry here, so:

Where a driver is allocated the McLaren, then he uses the McLaren with the power set at 93%, and weight set at 115%.

When he is allocated the Ferrari, then he can use either the Ferrari, set at 105% power, and 102% weight, or (because the Ferrari can be tricky to drive) the McLaren set at 98% power and 112% weight.

Those who are allocated the Lambo use that car set to 106% power and 102% weight.

I'm afraid that I have fallen victim to one of those life getting in the way situations, and can't make it on Tuesday 20th. Any volunteers to host?

@Famine @Venari @buybon355 @JockeP22 @AndreasR @IfAndOr @numbnuts70 @Team_SWE_1

Got some photos.

SUTS LEADS THE CHARGE.

maggi suts leads charge.jpg

HARSK AND KOUTCH DO BATTLE.

maggi harsk and koutch do battle.jpg

FAMINE GETS AIRBORN GIVING CHASE.

maggi famine gets airborn.jpg

ANDREAS STICKS IT INSIDE ZO (OOH ERRR!)

maggi Andreas sticks it inside zo.jpg

A WORM SEES ITS LIFE FLASH BEFORE ITS EYES.

maggi worm sees life flash.jpg

MCLAREN/FERRARI Vs FERRARI/FERRARI.

maggi mcfer vs fer.jpg

BB PUTTING SUTS UNDER PRESSURE.

Maggi suts on the edge.jpg

THE BATTLE FOR 4TH TO 7TH ON THE LAST OF 21 LAPS.

maggi last lap.jpg

Cheers, Zo

I'm afraid that I have fallen victim to one of those life getting in the way situations, and can't make it on Tuesday 20th. Any volunteers to host?

@Famine @Venari @buybon355 @JockeP22 @AndreasR @IfAndOr @numbnuts70 @Team_SWE_1
I can host it. I've been fiddling about with my internets a bit and it should be happier - my pipe was already pretty wide as it was.

I've got a lobby with the right settings saved (I keep using it as a practice lobby) although I don't know the lap counts you had in mind.

Zo/Famine

Sorry guys but I might not make it Tuesday night.

At best I might make the long race.

Hope you guys have a good fun race.

:cheers:

Met this fellow Scot

BB. Did you get to chat to him or was it a quick photo moment? I’m impressed you didn’t have any snow!:cheers:

Nah no chat. He was cool though, didn't mind at all. He was doing some IWC promo stuff, and that's who we were with which made it a bit easier

As a side note, I've had the journey from hell and I'm still in England. Just getting ready to board

That's terrific, Colin. Nice to see DC doing well.
He was one of my favorite drivers when Formula 1 was at the
peak of my interests (1998-2008). The sport doesn't grab me
anymore as much as it used to, but DC was a great driver and
a good ambassador in the world of motorsport. He had a heated
and interesting rivalry with Schumi for a few years and a great
partnership with Hakkinen for a number of seasons.

DC never got that elusive WDC that he tried so hard to get, but his
62 F1 podiums is still good for ninth in the current all-time rankings
and that's pretty impressive.

Time moves incredibly fast and this championship will be over in eight days.
I geeked out and made a new Lambo livery for tomorrow.

Goofy. 91/ 5.0-McLaren. ( Sorry Goofy, I have made a right mess of your scoring, for reasons I can't fathom:dunce: Fortunately I've got Statman watching my back.)

Haha Zo, Maybe you really need the day off tomorrow :lol::lol::lol: and no worries as it´s the racing that´s fun 👍

Paul. (Ignore me, I'm just looking :))
:D That about sums it up.

I can't get much feel for what the cars are doing at all. I press the brake - the car goes straight on. I turn the wheel - the car goes straight on. I'm all over the place, certainly not very competitive.

Perhaps I've been playing too much PC2 but GTS just doesn't feel right anymore. :indiff:

I geeked out and made a new Lambo (Star Trek) livery for tomorrow.
Have you you tried rerouting the subspace coils via the quantum conditioner and installing a trilithium chip? There might be a small chance of a containment breach in the differential resonator but you should get more straight line speed out of it. ;)
Hope you boldly go to the front of the pack.

Back