Supercar Handicap Championship, It's over folks. Massive thankyou to all who took part.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 277 comments
I've set up a party for the voice chat, to take advantage of my wide pipes. Didn't know it was limited to 8 though, which is rubbish.

Zo and all
Really fun racing tonight even with the slippery tyres and mad twitchy super cars.

I made 2-3 really awful mistakes which managed to take a few people out for which I'm really sorry.
The worst one was taking @Sparkz_360 out on the final turn in the last race just after he made a decent pass on me. I completely missed my braking point with totally scrubbed tyres.

Unfortunately the lobby closed before I could save the replay so I'll never see how bad my driving was or find out who else I took out in my enthusiasm.

Anyway it was great fun when I was driving well having really grown to like the Lambo.
Looking forward to the rest of the championship.

:cheers:

Before race at Lago Maggiore :nervous:
Start :indiff:
Soft tyres :)
Remainder of the race :banghead:
Switch to the Ferrari :dopey:
Start of Yamagiwa 🤬
Remainder of the race :banghead::banghead:
Bring on Alsace :cool:

some what simmilar :)

Before race :nervous:
Start :dopey:
First laps :confused: (questioned myself why I could even keep up more or less)
Remainder of the race :D:D
Soft tyres :lol:👍👍 (personal record 1:16.....)

Yamagiwa
Before race 👍 (no nerves at all)
Remainder of the race :(:indiff: (made a few stupid mistakes)
Overall 👍👍👍 :gtpflag: Well done on the handicapt part of the series and the balancing of the cars. It gives the expierenced drivers a real handfull and for a new driver like me the sence and feel of actually competing / having a shot.
So, left me feeling very satisfied, getting that practise in at Maggiore helped out a lot, looking forward to Alsace !

Although I hope that this car will not be needed ;
https://www.gran-turismo.com/nl/gtsport/user/my-library/all/livery/1445033/1/5989805107879904785

Anyway it was great fun when I was driving well having really grown to like the Lambo.

You'll be glad to hear that you are in the Ferrari next week then Suts!

So, left me feeling very satisfied, getting that practise in at Maggiore helped out a lot, looking forward to Alsace !

I'm pleased that you're enjoying it Koutch. Your driving does show signs of practice 👍

Results section updated fellas, please note that the cars you are allocated will be used for both races next week, with changes where necessary for the week after that.

The fastest lap bonuses for last night's racing went to Suts, Nuts and Venari, which sounds like a well dodgy Pawnbroker Company to me.

Cheers, Zo.

@numbnuts70 @Sparkz_360 @Sutsagrd @Venari @Famine @Harsk100 @AndreasR @Team_SWE_1 @Koutch_Pro @CrazyJohn @JockeP22 @Mr Gear

Folks, there is a glitch in the pitting process, which means that a pit stop only costs about five seconds of lap time. This is making pitting very often the quickest way, and I don't think that makes for the best racing. Therefore, I am slowing the tyre wear for the longer races down to 4X. I'm not sure how much this will change things, but we'll see.

Got some piccis.

Yam 1.jpg

Yam 2.jpg

Yam 3.jpg

Yam 4.jpg

Yam 5.jpg

Yam 6.jpg

Yam 7.jpg

Yam 8.jpg

This one is after 25 minutes of racing...
Yam 9.jpg

Yam 10.jpg

Yam 11.jpg

yam 12.jpg

I'm sorry if I've missed anybody out folks, to be honest, it was a bit of a rush...

Cheers, Zo.

Was really hard work to find out 💡 that best way is to change tyres very often - now all for nothing :ouch:

I didn't even spot it until I was watching the replay :grumpy: I think that most people in the championship will like the change though, the soft tyres last quite a long time now. The second race at Alsace is going to be a grippy affair.

@buybon355 Sorry fella, missed you out above. We're taking tyre wear down to 4X because of a glitch that makes pit stops happen at the speed of light.

Cheers, Zo.

Zo

I'm not sure if this is correct but as soon as you add fuel refilling the pit stops become the proper length. It would introduce another element of strategy but only if you and everyone else want that complexity. The racings been great as it is.
:cheers:

I'm not sure if this is correct but as soon as you add fuel refilling the pit stops become the proper length

Thanks Suts. That would probably be the answer, but the reason I binned heavy fuel use is because the Lambo is a lot thirstier than the other two, and would spend longer filling up. We'll see how we go at 4X tyre wear. I think it's going to be okay.

Cheers, Zo.

I have been looking and I'm very interested in only racing high powered non tuned N-Class cars on Sport tires.

Tuesday's are my best day to race and this group seems to be what I've been looking for.
Is there any openings?

I have been looking and I'm very interested in only racing high powered non tuned N-Class cars on Sport tires.

Tuesday's are my best day to race and this group seems to be what I've been looking for.
Is there any openings?

Well, just register I would say and turn up, I am on the reservelist, but from start I was able do just about every race. Not everyone is able to be at all the meeting due to obligations in real life. Just a guess what @Zolon32 would probably say ;).

Well, just register I would say and turn up, I am on the reservelist, but from start I was able do just about every race. Not everyone is able to be at all the meeting due to obligations in real life. Just a guess what @Zolon32 would probably say ;).

Thanks for the information.
How do I register? And what time does everyone meet up on race day? I didn't see any info on the first page about that.

How do I register? And what time does everyone meet up on race day? I didn't see any info on the first page about that

Hi Rinsky, anyone who is keen on racing road cars on suitable rubber is welcome on any Racers Reunited thread. I'll pop you on the reserves list. As Koutch has intimated, there probably will be room for you on Tuesday, and the following Tuesday, and so on. With these things a lot of people sign up, but who then don't appear. However, with the Supercar Handicap Championship it is tight for space.

If you send me a friends request I'll add you to my list. I'll be opening the room around 8:00pm, and you are welcome to join anytime thereafter. Should it be that we run out of space, I might have to ask you to step aside for someone who signed up earlier, but I honestly do not expect that to happen.

For the first week you'll be in the Ferrari 458, set at 591BHP and 1514kg (I think). Which car you're in for the following week will depend on your results, and those of the other racers.

Only two rules really, you have to be up for some seriously clean and keen racing, and you have to let me win. Sorted 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Hi Rinsky, anyone who is keen on racing road cars on suitable rubber is welcome on any Racers Reunited thread. I'll pop you on the reserves list. As Koutch has intimated, there probably will be room for you on Tuesday, and the following Tuesday, and so on. With these things a lot of people sign up, but who then don't appear. However, with the Supercar Handicap Championship it is tight for space.

If you send me a friends request I'll add you to my list. I'll be opening the room around 8:00pm, and you are welcome to join anytime thereafter. Should it be that we run out of space, I might have to ask you to step aside for someone who signed up earlier, but I honestly do not expect that to happen.

For the first week you'll be in the Ferrari 458, set at 591BHP and 1514kg (I think). Which car you're in for the following week will depend on your results, and those of the other racers.

Only two rules really, you have to be up for some seriously clean and keen racing, and you have to let me win. Sorted 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Sounds great and if the race is full I will still stop in and say hello.
Is your PSN the same as your GTP name?

Folks, there is a glitch in the pitting process, which means that a pit stop only costs about five seconds of lap time. This is making pitting very often the quickest way, and I don't think that makes for the best racing.
Was really hard work to find out 💡 that best way is to change tyres very often - now all for nothing :ouch:
I didn't even spot it until I was watching the replay :grumpy: I think that most people in the championship will like the change though, the soft tyres last quite a long time now.
I have always favored a one pit-stop strategy as I've found I get better the longer I'm on
the track. I think David Coulthard was the one who inspired me a long time ago to use this
tactic, because he often did one-stoppers while at McLaren. And he did it well.

I did notice these last few races that a one stop strategy was folly.
It worked for me for ten out of twelve laps last week at Maggiore GP Reverse,
I thought I was in for a win but then the tyres failed me and I got sorely beaten.
Fun being up front for a while though.

I made some new liveries for my three cars;
(Suffolk Police car livery courtesy of sithgolfer & BAR 555 / McLaren livery courtesy of o-juice77)
full

the reason I binned heavy fuel use is because the Lambo is a lot thirstier than the other two, and would spend longer filling up.
I've found it to be the opposite, I haven't even needed to put any fuel in it
during the pit stops these last few weeks, it's been more than half tank left
at over 50% race distance. Hasn't it been the same for other Lambo drivers?

I've found it to be the opposite, I haven't even needed to put any fuel in it
during the pit stops these last few weeks, it's been more than half tank left
at over 50% race distance. Hasn't it been the same for other Lambo drivers?

That's because we're on 1X fuel depletion at the moment Jocke. When it is set up at 3 or 4 there's a noticeable difference in the drinking habits of the Lambo compared with the others. At 1X no one has to refuel.

My lad lives a few hundred yards from the Suffolk Police HQ, I'll keep an eye out for the Ferrari next time I'm down there.

I too have a new wrap for this weeks racing. It brings back happy memories of Scalextric from when I was a kid.

maccas new clothes.jpg

Cheers, Zo.

@Zolon32 , I don't know you're Scaley period, but these logo's just about cover the whole time period ;)

Thanks Koutch, I'll get to work on finding out how to put them on my motor!

I'm out for my daughters birthday tonight. I'm hoping to be back for 2030

You do realise that it's only 2018 now don't you Suts?

@Famine would you be so kind as to do the 'party' thing again tonight? I'm sure it helped last week.

Cheers, Zo.

Back