Supercar Handicap Championship, It's over folks. Massive thankyou to all who took part.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 277 comments
Results updated fellas. There are some really tight bunches with the 'two races dropped' stats applied.

Congratulations to Sparkz on his terrific pace in the second race, and to John for his two fastest lap bonuses. He's managed to leapfrog the Ferrari and get himself landed directly in the McLaren for our return to the seaside. Famine and Sparkz are both on the move up the rankings, it will be interesting to see how they match up next time out.

I took a few piccis...

Harsk presses hard to stay ahead of Famine...

Alsa Harsk pressing hard.jpg

... who's livery looks good enough to eat

Alsa Famine good enough to eat.jpg

Chopper pilot spies a subtle hint to turn left.

Alsa Chopper.jpg

To watch these three at it...

Alsa three racing.jpg

Goofy and Sparkz in a high speed scrap.

Alsa Goofy and SParkz high speed scrap.jpg

John applies opposite lock, pushing on up front.

Alsa johns opposite lock.jpg

And Paul gets a little sideways too, chasing Andreas.

Alsa Paul sideways chasing Andreas.jpg

You can almost see the concentration on their faces :)

Alsa see their concentration.jpg

Suts leaning on his tyres.

Alsa Suts pushing on.jpg

But Nuts gets past after a long, hard battle. (This livery, by the way, is what our cousins in the west get up to during the long winter nights.) (And, what is he wearing!!!)

Alsa Nuts gets past Suts.jpg

Jocke chases Zo, with Sparkz closing in in the background.

Alsa Jocke chases Zo.jpg

The final lap, and dust flies as Harsk fights to keep Sparkz at bay.

Alsa dust flying.jpg

Harsk holds on, by 0.061Sec.

Alsa Harsk holds on.jpg

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
@Zolon32
On Tuesday I’ll be working and I finish at 8.

It’ll take me roughly 30-40 mins to get home (if transport is nice).

If I’m not in the lobby on time start without me, I’ll simply participate in the next race. :cheers:

On Tuesday I’ll be working and I finish at 8.

It’ll take me roughly 30-40 mins to get home (if transport is nice).

If I’m not in the lobby on time start without me, I’ll simply participate in the next race. :cheers:

The lap times are a bit shorter this week Sparkz, so we've got a bit of slack in the schedule. We'll hold off for a while to see if you can get in.

Cheers, Zo.

Cor.

So, after the wonderful and selfless @VEXD loaned me his Logitech G27, and using a borrowed Drivehub, I got to wheeling on GT Sport. I tried the Drivehub before with my Driving Force Pro, but it just didn't want to know, despite the website trumpeting compatibility.

Ooh. I don't like this much. There's not much feedback. I was warned this was an issue so I spent a bit of time this morning running the Fezzer around DTII and fiidling with the torque and feedback settings. Oooh. I don't like this at all. Very lifeless.

At this point, since we had reflashed the firmware on the Drivehub, I wondered if the old "I can tell Venari is having fun through my headset" DFP would work now.

It does. And feedback is good - perversely, much better than the G27. I can actually drive this. But by 'eck it's another steep learning curve.

What's a good target time, everybody? (Arcade Time trial, no wear) I think I'm going to be pretty slow. I already figured out that not only do you have to brake way before the first crest/kink before the right-hand hairpin, but if you're even above fifth when you're on the crest, you're probably going too fast already and lairy spinning disaster awaits.

My prediction is that I will ragequit halfway through the first race after coming out of the T1 hairpin and spinning the Ferrari for the third consecutive time.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's a good target time, everybody? (Arcade Time trial, no wear) I think I'm going to be pretty slow.

I'm sure you'll be fine Mark. I've been practicing using arcade mode custom races, setting it up as the room will be, 4X tyre wear, 1X fuel and 21 laps. With the Macca detuned a little bit to make it an N500, and racing against Gr4 cars it really earns me some credits. Under those conditions 1:55 is a decent lap for me on medium, with 1:53 being okay on soft.

Give it a try, or use fewer laps if time is short, you'll be amazed at what you can earn, and how close the Ferrari will be in performance compared with the Gr4 fellas. It's ace!

Cheers, Zo.

Apart from third gear breakaway in the McLaren (turbos) it's alright. The Lambo is planted. The Fezzer seems as sketchy as a Trump Administration policy, proper tiptoeing required, especially down the hill. I might have to wear my driving gloves.

And you mean Group 3 cars. :D

It's impossible. They clout you up the arse every time going into T1. Or can't do the busstop without stopping on the racing line. You must have the patience of Job.

Last edited:
The Fezzer seems as sketchy as a Trump Administration policy

It has to be like that Mark, so we can listen to the running commentary of your troubled relationship with it :)

I know what you mean about AI parking on the apex, but using that in the strategy to beat them is part of the fun.

If you'd like a bit of practice to get your throttle foot a bit more Fezzer friendly, then I can recommend doing the VGT races in the Amateur League of Campaign mode in the Infinity VGT car wearing C/S tyres. Perfect!

Cheers, Zo.

OK folks, I used to think that Mark's persistent vocal encouragement for his car to behave was done for comedy effect. It certainly brightened up my race nights. Anyway, there is a chance that there was a serious background to his comedy genius, and so I've done a bit of testing, the result of which is...

Anyone who is allocated to the Ferrari, but finds it not to his taste, can take the option of using the McLaren set to power and weight similar to those of the Ferrari, that is, 98% power (552BHP) and 104% weight (1544kg). Over a 6 lap race of Dragon Trail II I found the Ferrari and McLaren with these settings to give the same total run time, to within a second, with fastest laps being within 15 hundredths. Pretty close.

So, there you have it, to Mc or not to Mc? That is the question...

@Venari @buybon355 @Harsk100 @Team_SWE_1 @numbnuts70

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
OK folks, I used to think that Mark's persistent vocal encouragement for his car to behave was done for comedy effect. It certainly brightened up my race nights. Anyway, there is a chance that there was a serious background to his comedy genius, and so I've done a bit of testing, the result of which is...

Anyone who is allocated to the Ferrari, but finds it not to his taste, can take the option of using the McLaren set to power and weight similar to those of the Ferrari, that is, 98% power (588BHP) and 108% weight (1512kg). Over a 6 lap race of Dragon Trail II I found the Ferrari and McLaren with these settings to give the same total run time, to within a second, with fastest laps being within 15 hundredths. Pretty close.

Cheers, Zo.
I'll try to test today, Zolon. But please beware that my schedule for today might be tight, as I have Sick's Monday Lotus 25 Series on PCars 2 tonight. :odd:

Haven't tried the Mclaren yet but I actually quite like the ferrari. If the Mclaren feels better then I'll use it. If not I'll use the ferrari

Haven't tried the Mclaren yet but I actually quite like the ferrari. If the Mclaren feels better then I'll use it. If not I'll use the ferrari

It's a question of whether you prefer a car that has strong turn-in at the cost of a little rear end stability (Ferrari) or a more stable car that tends to push its front end on a bit (McLaren) BB. I must admit, I like the Ferrari way, it just suits my type of driving, but I can understand why others might prefer the McLaren. I'm just pleased that they perform so closely and the option can be offered.

Cheers, Zo.

I was serious, but it's a re-learning wheel thing. I can just about cope on sticks. On wheel, I can't find the right combination of speed and magnitude of oversteer correction once it begins to rotate.

Thanks for the option, I will give it a shot later tonight, but racing is different to hotlapping...

As for my racenight vocal antics, I am indeed having moments. On sticks I can save them so it's comic. On wheel I can't so it's... highly frustrating.

The answer is, of course, is to drive more smoothly.

I just tried both the Ferrari and McLaren.... McLaren seems better to me in my opinion, so McLaren is my choice for tonight. 👍

Anyone who is allocated to the Ferrari, but finds it not to his taste, can take the option of using the McLaren set to power and weight similar to those of the Ferrari, that is, 98% power (588BHP) and 108% weight (1512kg). Over a 6 lap race of Dragon Trail II I found the Ferrari and McLaren with these settings to give the same total run time, to within a second, with fastest laps being within 15 hundredths. Pretty close.

Can I try the Lamborghini instead? :D

I don't know what drugs I was on when I wrote the above, people, but the figures are a little wrong.

EDIT, Famine. No :)

EDIT, EDIT...

Good grief, I don't know what medication was effecting me when I wrote this post, but I got it COMPLETELY WRONG. For some reason I was looking at the Ferrari, when I should have been looking at the McLaren.

For avoidance of the enormous doubt I have created, if you choose to take the McLaren in stead of the Ferrari, you should use 98% power, and have the weight set at 112%.

Sorry folks.

Last edited:

THE CHARGE TO THE FIRST CORNER.

Drag t II first corner charge.jpg

A CROWDED CHICANE.

Drag t II crowded chicane.jpg

JUST A RACY PIC.

Drag t II racy pic.jpg

MARK PUSHES ZO.

Drag t II mark pushing zo.jpg

AND KOUTCH STALKS BB.

Drag t II Koutch hustling BB.jpg

DID ANYONE ELSE HEAR FAMINE SAY "WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME I WENT SIDEWAYS"?
Drag t II Famine sideways.jpg

SUTS DICES WITH HARSK.

Drag t II Suts Harsk.jpg

THEN PUTS A GREAT MOVE ON ZO.

Drag t II suts good move.jpg

BUT THESE GUYS HAVE SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING TO LOOK AT...

Drag t II not looking.jpg

NUTS AND HARSK FOUR WHEEL DRIFTING DOWN THE HILL.

Drag t II Nuts Harsk.jpg

SPARKS AND ANDREAS FIGHTING INTO THE TRICKY SLOW LEFT HANDER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CIRCUIT.

Drag t II tricky slow.jpg

THE VERY TRICKY LEFT HANDER.

Drag t II very tricky.jpg

YUM YUM.

Drag t II yum yum.jpg

GOOFY'S SAT NAV SENDS HIM THE WRONG WAY.

Drag tII Goofys sat nav.jpg

JOCKE THROWING STONES.

Drag t II throwing stones.jpg

Why isn't Filo on the standings? He did participate on Race 1 of Round #2 from Lago Maggiore GP.

He seems to have withdrawn himself from the series Harsk, although I haven't heard from him since that one race. To keep him in the rankings would influence the balance of the handicap which, I think, should involve only those who are racing under it regularly.

Quick word about Tuesday folks. Congratulations to Harsk on his win, to Koutch on his podium finish, and to Jocke and Nuts on their lap times. Especially Nuts, that was ballistic!

Anyway, it was great racing!

And that's it, see y'all next week.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Zo.
Sorry for the inconvenience mate, I'm gonna have to retire from the SCC.
Got way too much going on in real life, so not much time online never mind for practice.
Things will be better when I finish converting the attic into my gaming room/man cave.

Good luck all.
Russ

The second race last week was great fun, off to a proper start and kept from making
any mistakes. I felt sure that if I kept my cool only Suts would be able to take the lead
and win away from me, I tried my damndest but he did just that by a smidgen at the
start/finish on the final lap. Beating me by a tenth or so. Good one, Suts.

But it was amazing how Zo went right under our noses (Suts and I) and took the chequered
flag ahead of both of us. Somehow he undercutted us both and kept on going towards the finish
with lesser rubber on his tyres. It was an impressive win taken by stealth.

I'm leaving for Finland tomorrow so I will miss the races at Lago, Zo.
Good luck all.

It was an impressive win taken by stealth.

I'm leaving for Finland tomorrow so I will miss the races at Lago, Zo.
Good luck all.

Thanks very much Jocke. Honestly, no one was more surprised than I was, I couldn't believe it!

Have fun skidding around Finland. See you when next you're on.

Folks, the races will be a little longer than usual tonight, so can we all be in by 8:30 to get cracking?

@Harsk100 @Sparkz_360 @AndreasR @Famine @Venari @buybon355 @numbnuts70 @Sutsagrd @CrazyJohn @IfAndOr @Koutch_Pro

Cheers, Zo.

Back