T10 reward!

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 118 comments
Fezz_ST
Fezz ST
Just got a notification that all cars are 50% off (this weekend) and I've also been gifted La Ferrari....and the Lotus E21 awwwww yeah

Last edited:
That's one way to make people happy, although if this has been gifted to everyone I'm afraid they'll have done more harm than good.

The 50% off would have been more than enough.

Don't misunderstand, I'm glad they've done this after the :censored:storm everything has caused but it just makes all the saving I've done pointless. :lol:

1) Starting this Friday we’re offering a 50 percent discount (credits & tokens) on every car in the game. This discount is available to all players. Every car, from the 1970 Nissan Datsun 510 to the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO will be 50 percent off, so, if you’ve got your eye on something special on the car list, now’s the time to play and add them to your garage! This discount will be available between 12:01 a.m. Pacific on Friday, Nov. 29 and 11:59 p.m. Pacific on Sunday, Dec. 1.

2) If you are a Forza Motorsport 5 VIP member, you’ll receive the 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car as a thank you. (Note: You must own Forza Motorsport 5 VIP membership to take advantage of this offer.) In addition to being one of the most radical and expensive cars in FM5, the E21 is also one of the quickest. For more on the E21, check out its entry on the Forza Motorsport 5 Cars page. This gift may take up to 24 hours or longer to be fulfilled in the game and, in order to receive your gift, you will need to back out to the main title screen with the orange McLaren P1 and then press “A” to log back in.

3) Those players who have already purchased the 2013 Lotus E21 as of today (Wednesday, November 27) will also receive the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO asa further thank you. This gift may take up to 24 hours or longer to be fulfilled in the game and, in order to receive your gift, you will need to back out to the main title screen with the orange McLaren P1 and then press “A” to log back in.

4) For those players who have purchased the LaFerrari Car Pack or the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass we’ll gift the 2013 LaFerrari directly into your Forza Motorsport 5 garage. No need to purchase the car separately with in-game credits or tokens. (Note: In order to receive and use these gift cars, you’ll need to own either the LaFerrari Car Pack or the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass). This gift may take up to 24 hours or longer to be fulfilled in the game and, in order to receive your gift, you will need to back out to the main title screen with the orange McLaren P1 and then press “A” to log back in.

Okay, it's VIP members only for the E21. 👍

Still, part of me thinks the 50% off would have been more than enough. Drastic measures and all I suppose.

Sorry guys missed a bit.

5) Finally, we’re dramatically increasing the credit payout available to all Forza players in December via Forza Rewards, our ongoing loyalty program that rewards players with credits and cars for playing Forza games. You’ll be able to redeem these rewards in December but here’s a tip: The higher your Tier level reaches before December rolls around, the better the rewards you’ll be able to redeem, so get your play time in now and level up!

Now, a word about tokens in the Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition. In our original description for Forza Motorsport 5’s Limited Edition, we told you that Limited Edition owners would get 1,250 in-game tokens, which we mistakenly said would be enough tokens to afford any car in the Forza 5. It isn’t. As a result, a number of you have pointed this out to us – that there are a number of cars in the game that cost more than 1,250 tokens to purchase.

We’re sorry. In order to make up for this discrepancy, we will soon be offering Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition owners the chance to download and own the car of their choice in the game. Players will be able to choose from any of the on-disc cars in Forza 5 and will be able redeem this offer on ForzaMotorsport.net via a dedicated page that will be available no later than December 16.

How much is the Car Pass? Also, where can I find the DLC? I just bought the VIP pack today so does this mean that I can get the Free E21?

EDIT: $50. I may have to buy that.

That's one way to make people happy, although if this has been gifted to everyone I'm afraid they'll have done more harm than good.

The 50% off would have been more than enough.

Don't misunderstand, I'm glad they've done this after the :censored:storm everything has caused but it just makes all the saving I've done pointless. :lol:

I am sure they will put some goodies in the upcoming dlc's to eat away at that nestegg. :)

So happy to see them being so responsive!!! Thank you Turn 10 this game is awesome and now you've thoroughly addressed really my only gripe with it. So happy to get the LaFerrari, E21 and any car of my choice soon!!!! Wow

If it's anything like past Forza games, all VIP rewards should be sent retroactively. You should be in luck.

Excellent, so I'll have to go to the site and request the 250 GTO as my VIP "free" car?

Heh, It might be forever before I get my system, but it'll certainly be interesting the first time I load the game up and am hit with the avalanche of banked rewards :lol:

Oh, I missed that part about tokens and picking a car. Awesome! It looks like I'll be using that on an Indy Car.

Oh, I missed that part about tokens and picking a car. Awesome! It looks like I'll be using that on an Indy Car.
Is the Indy Car the 2nd most expensive car in the game?

Is the Indy Car the 2nd most expensive car in the game?
Nah, there are a few cars much more expensive, I'm just not that interested in them. However, I forgot the old F1 cars are 3.5 million, so I might do that instead.

This is such a cool reward. I read about it on their Facebook page earlier, but didn't expect to have the Lotus and LaFerrari already, and it was there when I logged in just now.

Funny how this is exactly what Dan Greenwalt was talking about when it came to devaluing certain cars. Well I guess T10 is to the point where they need to buy off all the bad threads on the forum.
Sad really that they did the opposite of what the T10 philosophy was for FM5

Funny how this is exactly what Dan Greenwalt was talking about when it came to devaluing certain cars. Well I guess T10 is to the point where they need to buy off all the bad threads on the forum.
Sad really that they did the opposite of what the T10 philosophy was for FM5

Your name is perfect, but isn't nice that the things that your panties are in a wad about are video games

Last edited:
Quoted from another site.

'Forza Motorsport 5 VIP members receive a free 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car. [...] Furthermore, those who purchased the Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition will be given the chance to download any car of their choice at no extra charge

So they justified this new system by saying "The expectation is that different cars are more expensive and that makes them more rare". And now they're effectively giving the most expensive car in the game (the Lotus E21) to every single VIP and Limited Edition player? I imagine that the most expensive car won't be too rare after all. Way to undermine your own justification for this anti-gamer business decision.'

Sums it up pretty well imo, the model is broken and will remain broken yet people are falling over themselves thinking its a good deal?

MT on a full price game are BS, especially when the economy is as broken as the FM5 model.

Not exactly a reward is it, more like a bribe to keep people quite while they figure out a slightly less obvious way to screw you over.

I'm looking on the bright side; for those of us who won't be playing it until next year at some point, maybe all of this drama will result in us essentially having a Free Run mode with all cars available anyways, since they'll have sent us most of the entire car list as gifts by then. :lol:

Quoted from another site.

So they justified this new system by saying "The expectation is that different cars are more expensive and that makes them more rare". And now they're effectively giving the most expensive car in the game (the Lotus E21) to every single VIP and Limited Edition player? I imagine that the most expensive car won't be too rare after all. Way to undermine your own justification for this anti-gamer business decision.'

Sums it up pretty well imo, the model is broken and will remain broken yet people are falling over themselves thinking its a good deal?

MT on a full price game are BS, especially when the economy is as broken as the FM5 model.

Not exactly a reward is it, more like a bribe to keep people quite while they figure out a slightly less obvious way to screw you over.

Actually I think it was a way to give VIP owners what they were promised. "enough tokens to buy any car in the game", with a few gifts to say sorry. They even go so far as to say that.

Am I the only one that thinks T10 is paying for MS's mistakes?

Now we are just waiting for them and MS to come to a compromise over the microtransaction MS wanted so bad in every game they could get away with. I think Grenawalt is being honest in his vision of wanting people to "Form connections with the cars they own". A lot of people that don't have the game may not have noticed that the game actually rewards you for doing that in a way that benefits your entire collection. and not just that specific make like FM4.

Last edited:
Back