Tame the Mountain: TT Isle of Man Launches March 6 on Consoles

MXH

Alan posted a fairly extensive preview of what to expect. The fictional tracks look pretty damn good to me.
Definitely going to pick this one up once it releases.

Thanks for the video :)

Cornering seems to be rather accurate, instead of waiting bored in the middle of the corners like other motorbikes games do, here it seems to be very enjoyable going through corners once you have a smooth pad control...

In the other hand, the motorbike is too much "atracted to be vertical", I think a smoother agility should be more realistic, at this point PD TT was great.

Modern bikes are really agile in changing direction, here bikes are a little too "rigid" in my opinion...

I bet McGuiness is rubbish at playing it! ;)

Life's odd like that sometimes. I have a friend that raced motorbikes at national level but he's garbage at driving games. I've got a proper frame, wheel, shifter and bucket seat but he just couldn't get into it at all, despite being pretty fast in a real car as well. He's way faster than me in real life but I'll smoke him digitally.

Judging Allans comment on YouTube. It is Cleary arcade physics, the animations look terrible. Thought they'd put more effort in that area considering the efforts in the environment. Visually it looks great and that fantasy course looks good too.

Judging Allans comment on YouTube. It is Cleary arcade physics, the animations look terrible. Thought they'd put more effort in that area considering the efforts in the environment. Visually it looks great and that fantasy course looks good too.
I played it around three months ago and the physics are definitely not arcadey

The movements of the bike and rider look very odd to me. I think it's because the image is centered on the bike instead of the rider.
Something else I don't like are the washed out graphics of the road surface. Pretty much the same issue as Project CARS has.

Other than that, the TT course seems to be a very detailed rendition.

Can’t wait for this. Looks great and sounds like it plays well. The fantasy tracks are a very good addition as well and they look great too. I think that’s been helped by them being based on real roads.

Regards the sim v arcade argument. It’s very clear it’s in the middle. If you watch Alan’s run without assists he can barely get off the lines and keep the bike in control. As he said though, turning assists off isn’t always the most realistic way to play as the real riders lean on wheelie control and traction control like you wouldn’t believe. To me it looks like it’ll sit just behind ride 2 but will be more realistic than drive club bikes.

Bear in mind that part of the reason we haven’t had a tt game since ps2 era is probably because they sold badly, and that will have been down to how difficult they were for causal gamers to play. Games like this have to be playable for a wide range of people if it’s going to have a chance at not just selling well, but reviewing well to a broad range of people to sell as well.

I imagine it would be flat as a pancake lol.

Flat but still kinda fun/terrifying

watch

...Bear in mind that part of the reason we haven’t had a tt game since ps2 era is probably because they sold badly, and that will have been down to how difficult they were for causal gamers to play. Games like this have to be playable for a wide range of people if it’s going to have a chance at not just selling well, but reviewing well to a broad range of people to sell as well.
Amen to that. Very important details, especially nowadays with higher budgets, fickle reviewers playing to their base crowd and hardcore vs casual gamer snobbery all being the enemy, not the game. It looks like a lot of fun and if the physics is managed for between the two player groups al lá the way we've seen with Driveclub, then it should do well.

Hope there`s a photomode aswell :)
I tweeted them but haven't had a reply...hopefully though that just means they're dead busy. It would be criminal for no photo mode with all that track side detail and realism in the crashes etc.

I'm going take a wild guess there will not be a photo mode in this game and replays only 👍 I think they would have shown it off by now in the videos and replied to @MeanElf (I hope I am wrong of course) :sly:

P.S Ride1+2 handled pretty well on the controller with the options it gave for stability as did MotoGP and MXGP series so it can be done for the casual gamer.

Oh no, I`ve just seen VVV`s latest video, and alan mentioned the sense of speed etc, he said it was fine as he`s been playing a 60 frames per second game, but it`s going to be 30 frames per second on consoles.... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hoping for 60 frames per second on the ps4 pro?

[
Oh no, I`ve just seen VVV`s latest video, and alan mentioned the sense of speed etc, he said it was fine as he`s been playing a 60 frames per second game, but it`s going to be 30 frames per second on consoles.... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hoping for 60 frames per second on the ps4 pro?
Damn, seams Consoles just can't get away from this no matter how many gens we get through.

Back