Tame the Mountain: TT Isle of Man Launches March 6 on Consoles

Bray Hill scares the bejesus out of me, loving this game my only criticism however is the lack of feeling on the pad during braking and hitting bumps other than that its a very enjoyable game and one which for me definitely leans more towards a sim.

Hi @imported_rik19 Just a thought as most places seem to be out of stock or hiking the price up. The PSN Playstation Store is worth thinking about if you are going to get it soon new. It is £44.99 digital and only 20GB download so not a massive game on the HDD as you have the Pro 1TB. I think there maybe a chance of a UK PSN Easter Sale soon? so maybe worth hanging on to see if it goes in to a sale or there maybe a little discount (maybe not? :P)👍

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4008-CUSA08912_00-TT00000000000000

Last edited:
Thanks @torque99 hmmm yes i know, im not into getting games as downloads tho really, cant sell them if you dont like them issue..hehe

I went to asda after work today to stock up on beer and pizza, had a look in their game section and they didn't have the game either. It's selling better than expected or places weren't stocking it.
Definitely think this game is a keeper tho. :-)

Thanks @MeanElf that checker thing isnt working on argos it just stays spinning for ten minutes hehe.
Ah well, it's probably the snow (affects the bally internet, dontchaknow!) Give it a go later. There is a direct site linked to Argos somewhere and the stores update every time stock comes in. Got my PS4 on launch weekend that way: notification arrived at midnight, reserved and picked up next day.

Ok i tried cockpit view and i was really struggling to get to grips with it that is untill i disabled the dynamic camera and now i am loving this view, ive just been hitting sector one on snaefell and bray hill is so bumpy its frightening, we just need more ds4 feedback from the track and the bike.

Hard to believe these are the same developers behind that god awful Motorcycle Club, they sure have redeemed themselves .

Just after union mills i noticed the Konan oil of man stations unleaded was at 1.22.9

Last edited:
read someone had their copy from duke but obviously needs unlocked through steam so cannot play it :) , steam just say release march, no exact date and not even a pre order is strange imo
I was not aware of that, how bizarre. A Steam discussion post (here) states 27th of March - there are already review copies circulating around.

Anyway, I bought a PS4 copy. I know of a Pro that spends most of its time idle...

My copy arrived today.

Already disappointed that the custom control mappings are flawed, since you can't do anything with the right analogue stick, despite it being usefully mapped in the default "A" configuration. So I can't use a TT-like mapping, like I got used to in Ride. I came across the bug where the "dynamic camera" wouldn't switch off unless you restarted a session (out to main menu and back in). The reflections on the bike's wind screen are distracting and unrealistic, meaning you can't see anything through it. I tried using the "fork" cam, which obviously tilts more with the bike and is disorienting.

Slow speed corners are tricky as others mention, which seems to be related to dynamics - it overshoots the desired lean angle, so it's a case of getting used to that. Otherwise it feels pretty good, and it's easy to maintain a realistic road pace (plus a bit...) and read the bends ahead without the racing line display - time will tell if that translates to race pace. Grip on the dirt seems a bit high, though. Got that fall guy trophy fairly quickly, mostly just by looping out on starts - no clutch slip!

Despite the sim underpinnings, they clearly focused more on the "casual" experience, and it feels less polished if played as a sim as a result - but I am enjoying it so far.

EDIT: It's sim-ish. Camber thrust is modelled weirdly so that the bike reacts excessively to road camber; no change in rolling radius of rear tyre as you lean so it doesn't affect engine speed (might explain camber issue); there isn't much going on with the steering geometry (no tank slappers or general liveliness); slides are just so very strange, which might be a feedback problem as others noted; the damping does weird things like tolerating curbs but catapulting you off crests etc. I don't like the way the game models gear changes, either: like it's flat shifting with the clutch when all these bikes will have quickshifters (ignition cut). This all on a CBR600RR, the only bike in the game I have real world experience with - although granted not in road race spec.

The big-feature Snaefell course is simply amazing - only tried one other, and it was pretty good too (but sneaky technical with bumps in annoying places). I'm trying to ride in one "lane" only, as it seems to be helping me to learn precision and speed control. It's not helping me learn the track, though.

The sense of speed is great with motion blur on, but I can see better down the track with it off.

Last edited:
Watching TT 2018 launch on you tube, sound quality isn't great, but the wife is glued to it too.
Watching some of the race clips, and after reading Griffith500 post. Aye, he's right, the game is missing the tank-slapper moments, amongst the other handling issues.
Hope i'm not dissapointed with the patch.
I've noticed there is a lot less fan noise compared to gtsport on the ps4. I assume it not using as much processing power, so that's a plus too, as far as the wife is concerned. :-)

@Griffith500 Is your write up above for console ?
PS4, yes. I will get to compare it on a Pro tomorrow.

I also found that the control mappings lie. The default scheme states that down on the right analogue stick is front brake, and R3 is rear brake. You can also use L2 and circle for front and rear brake respectively. In actual fact, R3 does nothing, and down on the stick is rear brake. So that explains why I was struggling on the brakes.

I've had to give in and use the triggers for throttle and brake, and I'm struggling to use the face buttons for gear changes (normally use L1 / R1).

I'm using linked brakes, ABS on full and everything else off. It's quite good fun like this, good throttle control and line selection make the bendy bits very rewarding.

Until the rear breaks traction and then won't grip again for some odd reason - so you skate along as though someone has put a caster under the rear wheel until you (usually) crash. The bike can attain all sorts of weird angles in the process. Braking hard can sometimes trigger this, hence the ABS.

It feels like the two wheel aspect is faked somehow as a result.
Sidecars might be more convincing, I hope! Still, I've clicked with it and I'm enjoying it for what it is 👍

My first full lap of the Mountain course was a 20'51" on the aforementioned Honda 600 - that's a 108 mph average (slower than a current 125, or a 1967 Honda RC181). That was with miraculously few (only four!) crashes and reading the road, so I've plenty of speed to find yet.

The Supersport (600 cc class) bikes are fun enough, the Triumph's 675 triple is a grunty beast, which is great in the slow stuff. The Superbikes (1000 cc class) are just the best kind of lunacy, but all that torque is again great fun - especially the Buell / EBR (sensing a theme here).
I'd love for some other classes, or even vintage stuff to be included, especially for the hard, skinny tyres and much-reduced lean angles coupled with "garden gate" handling - very technical.

Liking the game on PS4. After a few hours of play i'm beginning to understand the physics. I'm using all assists off and using the left stick forward/backward function is pretty important! Under braking you need to push the stick back, this solves most of the odd rear step out moments.
I love the Hertfordshire Circuit, great to learn the bikes.
Really love the momentum when taking slow corners, helmet view!

Liking the game on PS4. After a few hours of play i'm beginning to understand the physics. I'm using all assists off and using the left stick forward/backward function is pretty important! Under braking you need to push the stick back, this solves most of the odd rear step out moments.
I love the Hertfordshire Circuit, great to learn the bikes.
Really love the momentum when taking slow corners, helmet view!
Yes, leaning back when braking makes a big difference. It can even make a difference just with engine braking, or if you go over a jump (tricky).

Ok guys yes ive just got this, finally back in stock at amazon, please please please tell me how you can remove the racing line, I cannot find how to remove it.

Options > Gameplay > riding Style

DY_bmd3WAAAUZmF.jpg

Anybody else sit through the Siren's Call when they're settling down for an evening's playing? I'll get my coat, :lol:
Not much to add about the game, plodding away, still hoping for a lap without an incident.
Looking forward to rik 19's take on the game. ;)

Back