Tattoo&piercing

I found one pic on google that someone had tattooed.

Taurus_tattoo_by_4unt3r.jpg

I would tattoo it similar to this. I would put the image in to some kind of PS to make it a grey scale version and up the contrast so there are nice heavy blacks as well as areas that wouldn't be touched at all using your skin as the highlights. Like this...

10875036283_282211052b.jpg

Wouldn't be much of an outline say if I were to get something like this. Just a basic outline around the outside, the jawline, horns, and maybe the back bone. Basically just tattoo what you see. The artist above added a bit too much shading in areas that didn't need it, like the hooves. Although with B&G tattoos you can't really judge how it will look till its healed because we use water or something similar to cut the ink so we can achieve nice smooth gradients. So it might appear too dark at first but two weeks to a month you'll see how it will really look. And Unless it's absolutely massive I can't imagine it taking more than 2 hrs. Which at my shops going rate of 100/hr I wouldn't pay more than $200 unless the artist you choose is a complete badass.

That's the photo I found & where I'm worried about the body blending; the hind leg seems to just blend in with the body & forehead. The nose is a bit too wide as well & doesn't seem to have the smooth curve back upwards the left of his skull. Actually, the more I look at it, the more details I see missing such as the rear hoof not having that cleft in it. But, I may be nitpicking as I know there's only so much an artist can do sometimes.

Definitely going to use your idea, though, as your image does a great job at showcasing some of the small details that give depth to the bull like along the spine & rear leg. With that time frame mentioned as well, is it still possible to go back & fill/correct the areas an artist may have thought would heal differently? Appreciate the advice on the cost/time as well very much. I'm just trying to read reviews for local shops now to get a general idea of how happy their clients are, but at the same time, picking a shop that does designs like these on a regular basis. A bit hard for me to explain, but for example, I wouldn't have this done at Oliver Peck's shop as even though they have some really talented artists in there, their biggest specialty appears to be pin-ups & then your usual catalog of skulls, cursive fonts, & some Asian-based art.

Yea the person who did that tattoo didn't pay close enough attention to the details an half-assed it IMO. No where in the tattoo above does it look like the artist use dead solid black anywhere in the tattoo besides the outline. You need an artist who is confident with their work and isn't afraid to put black where it needs to be. In that tattoo yea it does look like they'll heal about the same dark grey. But in the stock picture that side of the head has dead black, so done right it should come out nearly exact. I'd find someone who specializes in B&G or at least has an affinity for it. Look for a portrait artist, they should be able to nail something like this. As far as time before getting a touch up I usually try to get my people to wait at least a month before coming back. A tattoo done properly can be mostly healed within two weeks with most of the peeling done. You should still give it time though cause once the tattoo goes through the peeling stage the skin underneath is pretty sensitive and needs time to build skin layers again.

I don't know if it's a new trend....You see a lot of them but they'll never hold like "bold" ;)

Upcoming Sunday, last session on my arm...Pic update nex week or so..

Finished my arm yesterday, small part visible on the picture....Will make better somewhere this week ;)
Most time was spend outlining, next appointment in 2 weeks..!!

Nice nude pic... :lol:

I was thinking of getting something small as a first tattoo
I want something like the first part of the 'tatau' from far cry 3, like that tribal strap right under the elbow
Anyone know where I can find some designs??

Bc4
Nice nude pic... :lol:

I was thinking of getting something small as a first tattoo
I want something like the first part of the 'tatau' from far cry 3, like that tribal strap right under the elbow
Anyone know where I can find some designs??
Google. Seriously, as dumb as it sounds, there's a ton of stuff out there.

I did and there's a ton of stuff but not what im looking for

Maybe I should just copy the one from far cry :P

Too much thought is never enough. You need to be certain you want it there forever...once it's on, it's permanent.

All of these are mine, all of which are photos from when they had just been done i.e the shininess of the bupanthem/redness

BTa9i50IIAAbh9s.jpg:large

Leopard Print scratch

Bc-omNbIQAEYeH7.jpg:large

Stone roses Lemon (it is yellow now healed)

And finally

10249711_723564514361044_8865404651388158038_n.jpg

Nirvana In Utero Album cover mannequin

Can't see the last one but really like the 1st :D

Also had something finished yesterday, actually 2..

And a Pin-up Kitsune style

I have three tattoos. One on my forearm, one of the back of my neck and one on my shoulder blade.

I also have a total of 8 piercings. I have my tongue, two in my right eyebrow, three in my left ear. Two in my right, one of which is my conch which was dermal punched at a ten gauge.

I've always wanted a cool looking sleeve tattoo on my right arm, preferably of an animal. Something like a snake coiling itself around my arm, with it's head on the top of my shoulder or my chest would be pretty cool, but I'd just be afraid it wouldn't suit me ;).

I have three tattoos. One on my forearm, one of the back of my neck and one on my shoulder blade.

I also have a total of 8 piercings. I have my tongue, two in my right eyebrow, three in my left ear. Two in my right, one of which is my conch which was dermal punched at a ten gauge.
Me want pictures!

I'll upload some soon.

Damn, I forgot about this thread. Bad Ken. I'm taking some pics now, and will edit as soon as I get them online. Should only be a few minutes. They are nothing special. I dislike the one on my back. It was my first and I got after a drunken night.

EDIT 1:
Snapshot_2014611 (3).jpg

EDIT 2:

image.jpg

Last edited:

I wish I had not clicked on that. One of those is just about the most messed up thing I've ever seen. I cannot believe someone would do that to themselves. I can't post it here, I'm pretty sure it's against the AUP... and besides... nobody wants to see that. I need to go wash my brain.

I wish I had not clicked on that. One of those is just about the most messed up thing I've ever seen. I cannot believe someone would do that to themselves. I can't post it here, I'm pretty sure it's against the AUP... and besides... nobody wants to see that. I need to go wash my brain.

Your talking about the baby one, aren't you. That is screwed up for sure.

Damn, I forgot about this thread. Bad Ken. I'm taking some pics now, and will edit as soon as I get them online. Should only be a few minutes. They are nothing special. I dislike the one on my back. It was my first and I got after a drunken night.

EDIT 1:
View attachment 169450

EDIT 2:

View attachment 169453
I dig the ink dude.

I a want a new one but I don't have the cash right now. Can't decide either. There's 2 I have been debating over.

First up, this. I don't know why I like it but I just do.

image.jpg

And then there's this. Because it looks epic and the story of the rime of the ancient mariner is flat out awesome.

image.jpg

Back