Tattoo&piercing

I'd go with the second. But I'm a sucker for ink with a story behind it. All of mine have a reason behind them. But any damn story works. I just don't like the 'it looked pretty, so I made it permanent' approach to tattoos. But to each their own.

I'd go with the second. But I'm a sucker for ink with a story behind it. All of mine have a reason behind them. But any damn story works. I just don't like the 'it looked pretty, so I made it permanent' approach to tattoos. But to each their own.
Someday if I ever have the cash I might do both. The rime of the ancient mariner piece would make an epic back piece but good god taht would be some green. Not sure if I would ever go that far honestly.

The one with the sledhammer smashing the cement coffin is more of a "I don't accept death" kind of thing....mostly because it looks neat and because death is one thing I fear the most in life.

My first piece I got because I was so shocked the first time I saw it...it scared the hell out of me. Seriously. But I also loved the band and its not a piece you see too often so I decided to do it.

I get compliments all the time. 2 days ago some total stranger walked up to me and told me it was really nice. I just say thanks and smile :)

I get compliments all the time. 2 days ago some total stranger walked up to me and told me it was really nice. I just say thanks and smile :)

I get looks for my forearm all the time. Mostly they are 'my gawd, look at the gangsta redneck. What was he thinking." But when people ask, they seem to fall in love with it instantly.

I like the forearm tat's, but I'd never do it just for the work enviroment. While employers are slowly opening up to it, one of things I had to think about was the ability to cover it up easily if I ever needed to, especially in the summer when it's hot and I don't want to wear a hoodie.

I absolutely LOVE showing it off wearing a scissor cut t shirt though. That's usually when I get the compliments. I've yet to heard anything bad or get a bad look over it.

Even more cool when a fan of the band comes up and mentions it. I love comparing tattoos. Damn thing sneed to stop being so addicting.

I like the forearm tat's, but I'd never do it just for the work enviroment. While employers are slowly opening up to it, one of things I had to think about was the ability to cover it up easily if I ever needed to, especially in the summer when it's hot and I don't want to wear a hoodie.

I absolutely LOVE showing it off wearing a scissor cut t shirt though. That's usually when I get the compliments. I've yet to heard anything bad or get a bad look over it.

Even more cool when a fan of the band comes up and mentions it. I love comparing tattoos. Damn thing sneed to stop being so addicting.
Unless you have some rare talent, like a great voice, or some other artistic ability, it is best to keep skin ink hidden. Unless you don't mind a blue collar job.

That's exactly why I chose to keep it up on my bicep. Besides the fact I wanted it there anyways.

If you notice, I had my done within a few inches of my wrist. If I wear a long sleeve shirt that has buttons or using cuff links on the sleeve end, you can't see it. I know it's not exactly ideal for jobs and such, always wearing long sleeves. But it works.

EDIT: Now I am really going to bed. Damn GTP and good discussions.

True, but wearing long sleeves when it's 95* out and 100% humidity was something I was trying to avoid.

True, but wearing long sleeves when it's 95* out and 100% humidity was something I was trying to avoid.

Thankfully, we don't have to worry all that much about humidity out here in Colorado.

Is this still about body art or do people like him have huge psychological problems?

Is this still about body art or do people like him have huge psychological problems?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this guy has some issues. I can see the "art" in it, but it's a stretch. In my personal belief, I see this kid and people like him having a deep seeded need for attention. Art is about expression, but I fail to see how giant holes every where is self expressionism. "I hate society so much, I refuse to be able to keep food in my mouth" just doesn't scream artist to me in the slightest. It's shock and awe for attentions sake, in my honest opinion. And a sad attempt at that.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this guy has some issues. I can see the "art" in it, but it's a stretch. In my personal belief, I see this kid and people like him having a deep seeded need for attention. Art is about expression, but I fail to see how giant holes every where is self expressionism. "I hate society so much, I refuse to be able to keep food in my mouth" just doesn't scream artist to me in the slightest. It's shock and awe for attentions sake, in my honest opinion. And a sad attempt at that.
That kids not having soup anytime soon!

Got this tattoo this weekend just gone. 6 hours this took, most of it being outline

10636187_911984992148340_3079218904126236566_n.jpg

In talks with my artist to get this done, hopefully starting soon. Going to have to do it over a few months, low on funds.

Albatros-2.jpg

So I've never got a tattoo before, although I'm currently looking for places in the area that come highly recommended and can do a good job. I have a rough idea of what I want and there are several pictures out there, but I want it more stylized. Do you just make an appointment and go over with the artist what you are looking for or do you need to show up with art already?

This is what I want on my right upper arm, but this is boring and drab. I want color and something that doesn't look like clipart.

MacDonald%20Badge.gif

The first one I got, I just printed off what I wanted done and walked in, found an artist, said "this is what I want done, this is where I want it, how much is it going to cost?" and went from there.

After that I added my artist on FB and have just messaged him since. Same thing basically.

I'm currently talking with a friend-of-a-friend about a tattoo design. She's not a tattoo artist but she's really good at a lot of different styles so I asked her if she would draw something up for me and she was willing to do so for free (I offered her money though). Once we get something drawn out I'll post it here for you guys to see. :)

This will be my first and hopefully one of few tattoos I'll be getting. I might get a second one down the road on my shoulder blade. This one is going on my upper left or right arm.

Last edited:
Recent ones, both fresh from being done in pics

Attachments

• IMG_229078287359253.jpeg
    IMG_229078287359253.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_351204108221619.jpeg
    IMG_351204108221619.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 18
In talks with my artist to get this done, hopefully starting soon. Going to have to do it over a few months, low on funds.

Albatros-2.jpg
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner would be sick! And yes, car troubles do suck. Sorry to hear that.

I rather like the story behind it and I think it's a cool piece so I want to get it done but its probably going to have to wait :/

My wife had a new tattoo done over the weekend (underboob incoming!)

g7hw96.jpg

Her 'honeymoon' tattoo that was done at Hart & Huntington in Orlando:

RGBrRL.jpg

and here you can sort of see the Hamsa watercolour style one on her inner arm:

6vfwRw.jpg

Last edited:
This is happening next week :D
Awesome, looking forward to the pics ;)

Got this couple of weeks ago:
tat.jpg_zpsq4lezwyw.png

And started the background last Thursday, got an extra appointment next week due to someone that didn't show up for his appointment, now it's mine :cool:

Sill have more shading to do and the color, but this is session 1.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back